Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

This is where I get into trouble, having never watched the show and only hanging around here after Joshgate. I'm pretty clueless about their earlier timeline. I'm sure you're right 

Some times I wonder why I'm still around since, apparently, this family is NEVER going to get the comeuppance they deserve. But I'd miss you all dreadfully and this A+ quality snark. 

That's me as well.  I didn't watch until Joshgate, either.  That got my curiousity going.  I've looked at a few episodes on YouTube, since.

I do enjoy the snark too!

2 minutes ago, louannems said:

When has Michelle EVER said, on the show, just how much she appreciates all the hard work Jana does on a daily basis?  That Jana is her right hand man, so to speak?

I'm pretty sure Michelle resents Jana because she Can actually run the family and Michelle can't. It's kind of amazing Jana never had a breakdown.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I think the garden is a set up for a future plot line.  Like the tree house.

The last two episodes are rumored to be called The After Show. What the hell can they show us in a few weeks? Joy's honeymoon? JoKen won't be married yet, so that's out. Jana's Pinterest garden it is. That still won't fill TWO episodes. They barely have enough material for 5.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I don't think we'd care about Michelle complaining about Jana being the more active twin if it was evident that she liked her.  She's given off way too many jealous and resentful vibes for us to believe otherwise.

Granted, I'm often oblivious to these things unless super obvious, but I haven't noticed those vibes. Michelle's fake cheerfulness on camera is pretty resilient...i've only ever noticed cracks when she was is labor or talking about dancing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I'm pretty sure Michelle resents Jana because she Can actually run the family and Michelle can't. It's kind of amazing Jana never had a breakdown.

Look, we all know that anyone can raise up a bunch of children; Jana's got the easy part. It takes a Mother of the Year to give birth to all of them. 

(Practicing my Duggar logic. I think I'm getting good at it!)

• Love 13

Looks less like a treehouse and more like a great place to spy on your siblings from afar. So you can run to Mom & Dad and tell how ungodly your siblings have been.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Look, we all know that anyone can raise up a bunch of children; Jana's got the easy part. It takes a Mother of the Year to give birth to all of them. 

(Practicing my Duggar logic. I think I'm getting good at it!)

Plus Mechelle could have died! I'll never forget her saying that, what poor child needs to hear that.

• Love 7
(edited)

The treehouse doesn't look like it was built by amateurs or kids. 

Many treehouses I've seen don't necessarily have four walls, a door, and a roof. That treehouse is more finished, water-resistant and structurally sound than the place Austin is flipping. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 12
(edited)

From what I recall, a professional home builder was involved in the treehouse project.

I also remember some articles pointing out the request for donations for the missionaries while the treehouse cost over $3,500!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
(edited)

I wonder whether somebody in the family or the production team first got the treehouse idea because they hoped to promote a cross-episode with the Treehouse guy?

Cause if so, he and his people must have sensibly run for the hills.

And if not, it's just one more random Duggar and Duggar show "idea," but somehow even more random than usual.

There's no direction to their lives except to create more and more of them. For people who don't believe in science, their lives really epitomize "the selfish gene" gone wild, seems to me. Nothing matters but producing more copies of Me Me Me Me MEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

That "night garden" photo just screams Joanna Gaines/"Fixer Upper" wannabe.

I don't know if any Duggar seriously thinks they can do any deal for cross-promotion or guest appearances with the Gaines show or business. Maybe they are just glad to find some business and teevee show that they can follow because it meets their Very High Speshul Duggar Fundie Moral Purity Standards.

Anyway, the Gaineses' Magnolia biz is a hyooge success and Joanna's style is mega successful. It may have peaked for some audiences, but I predict a long run in the general region that includes Texas and Arkansas. It's possible that Jana or whoever did that garden, is just into that style. I'm sure Hobby Lobby stores will continue to prosper importing zillions of those Chinese-made wall signs with mottos and other faux finish junk so people everywhere can decorate their homes like Joanna G.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

The treehouse doesn't look like it was built by amateurs or kids. 

Many treehouses I've seen don't necessarily have four walls, a door, and a roof. That treehouse is more finished, water-resistant and structurally sound than the place Austin is flipping. 

Pretty ridiculous. Maybe Anna can lock Joshie in the next time she catches him cheating. The equivalent of "you're sleeping on the couch tonight."

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder whether somebody in the family or the production team first got the treehouse idea because they hoped to promote a cross-episode with the Treehouse guy?

It wouldn't surprise me. They've had that massive property for years and waited til most of the kids had outgrown forts to build a treehouse? It makes no sense and if something doesn't make sense in the Duggar-verse, there's usually a hidden agenda.

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, lascuba said:

It's a cute story? I don't have kids but I could see myself mentioning that my baby would kick the he'll out of me in utero. Plenty of good, loving moms talking about miserable pregnancies decades later.

I don't think Michelle's story is cute about Jana in utero. I found it passive aggressive toward Jana.  I wonder if the boy was the big kicker, she would even mention it. 

ETA - Michelle is not a good, loving mom.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, ariel said:

I don't think Michelle's story is cute about Jana in utero. I found it passive aggressive toward Jana.  I wonder if the boy was the big kicker, she would even mention it. 

ETA - Michelle is not a good, loving mom.

She's not a good mom at all, but talking about a kicking baby isn't the reason, is all I'm saying. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wanking?

We don't really know if the camp was meant to be a punishment, or why he went to camp at all. The theme of the camp course was something like "rejecting the concept of teenage-hood". I think Jedidiah is actually the exception for not going to ALERT. 

• Love 1

Neither Smuggar nor JD went. It started with the next crop of boys born after all the J-Slaves. I think Jason is up next, but he's not 18 until next year. That said, Sinner Twin went there at 17, which is a MAJOR exception when you read ALERT's rule list. Duggars must still get exceptions, despite the Joshgates. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wanking?

That's what I think.  Wasting "seed" and all that rot.  Major Sin.

Smuggar was #1 son and therefore given a pass on his fuck-ups, I think.  

What shitty parents.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

We don't really know if the camp was meant to be a punishment, or why he went to camp at all. The theme of the camp course was something like "rejecting the concept of teenage-hood".

That's code for "rebellion" though.  "We don't believe in teenagehood because back in the old days of the Industrial Revolution, ain't nobody got time for rebellion or "finding oneself".  Children were expected to be adults and work, work, work, no shilly-shallying around!"  I am almost sure this was the point of the message.  "Don't dream of asking your parents to indulge you because 'teenager'!  God demands that you be automatons!"

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

That's code for "rebellion" though.  "We don't believe in teenagehood because back in the old days of the Industrial Revolution, ain't nobody got time for rebellion or "finding oneself".  Children were expected to be adults and work, work, work, no shilly-shallying around!"  I am almost sure this was the point of the message.  "Don't dream of asking your parents to indulge you because 'teenager'!  God demands that you be automatons!"

I find it ironic that Jim Bob and Michelle, who both froze developmentally around ages 15-17, don't believe in adolescence. It's probably why all the adult kids still seem like 12 year olds.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 14

I'm thinking Josh would have had extended stays at Alert if the Duggars could have afforded it, but they were only doing specials during Josh's teen years. And wasn't he married at age 19?

Kind of crazy that a kid could be at camp one year and married the next.

So only Josiah and Jeremiah have gone to Alert? And the four oldest girls to JTTH? 

Do/did the Bates kid attend either of the camps?

20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking Josh would have had extended stays at Alert if the Duggars could have afforded it, but they were only doing specials during Josh's teen years. And wasn't he married at age 19?

So only Josiah and Jeremiah have gone to Alert? And the four oldest girls to JTTH? 

Josh was married at 20. And yes I do think financies played a part in why Josh and JD never went. Also given that JD has always been a work horse/not a bit of trouble, it was more profitable to JB to keep him at home and working. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Joe also did ALERT basic. Joy went to JTTH when she was maybe 13 or 14 with Jana. I think that this was before Jana was filmed as a counselor. 

The Duggars still pimp ALERT on FB. I haven't seen any mention of JTTH since Gothard was outsted. That may change next year when Hannie turns 13, although her birthday is probably too late in the year for her to even go next year.

• Love 2

In regards to the sinner twin... has he been on the show at all recently? I haven't watched in ages, but saw parts of the last two episodes, and thought it was really interesting that all the older boys had talking heads except for Jedidiah (and Josh, obviously). Maybe his sin is not wanting to be on the show? Or he's so ungodly that the Duggars don't trust him in front of the camera? Or am I just reading too much into this, and he's been on earlier in the season?

(edited)
On 7/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, Kokapetl said:

Do babies kick inwards? Does that hurt?

Mine thought my bladder was her personal trampoline. I like to think I am a good and loving mother but I hated being pregnant. We acquired the rest of our kids by other means. Michelle seems to have loved pregnancy except for Jana, apparently. It seems like singling out one child as somehow worse than all the rest. 

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

In regards to the sinner twin... has he been on the show at all recently? I haven't watched in ages, but saw parts of the last two episodes, and thought it was really interesting that all the older boys had talking heads except for Jedidiah (and Josh, obviously).

Jed hasn't been on for the past two episodes. He appears to be reserved.  Based on their THs, Josiah and Jed seem more informed than their siblings.  

6 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Mine thought my bladder was her personal trampoline. I like to think I am a good and loving mother but I hated being pregnant. We acquired the rest of our kids by other means. Michelle seems to have loved pregnancy except for Jana, apparently. It seems like singling out one child as somehow worse than all the rest. 

With my first I had the strangest sensation of my baby twanging on a guitar string. I have know idea what it was but it was the weirdest feeling.

• Love 2
On 7/1/2017 at 7:53 PM, Temperance said:

I  disagree. If he had born during the TLC years, then that might be true. But a surgery happening to a baby when that child is no longer a baby and is  heathly now is hardly something to be milked. Especially when they weren't famous and there was no filming at that point. 

I think the fact that the Duggars are obsessed with maintaining the facade that their children are physically PERFECT plays into it, too. Michelle will brag and brag and brag about "I delivered every one of them"...how modest they are...their servants' hearts...how Bibley and Jesusy they are (I'm guessing they go by the King Boob version of the Bible)...how they avoid evilness by homeschooling...Michelle has zero problem discussing her menstrual cycle and sex schedule on camera...but they're just a "normal" family who "does things a little bit differently." You never hear ONE WORD about physical ailments, learning difficulties, behavioral difficulties--and you KNOW Josie, at the very least, must have at least an issue or two. If they're so damn normal and NEVER tried to say that they are perfect, why don't we hear about these things? The Duggar Genius PR Machine ought to know that EVERYONE with children has one issue after another to deal with, and that is relatable, and would go a long way in generating sympathy for our Mother of the Year over there. But the cult wouldn't allow it, because it would suggest that the cult maybe isn't the be-all end-all answer to everything. Look at how they handled Joshgate. What's wrong with "No, our family isn't perfect. Yes, we do face the same kinds of problems other families do.  We are disappointed in the actions of our son." OH HELL NO. Not in a million years. It was Satan's fault, it was sisters' faults, it was skin's fault,  it's society's fault for judging such a harmless and unimportant action so harshly, it's the media's fault for releasing police reports, it's teenage curiosity's fault, it's definitely NOT our fault, we did everything the cult said! You'll never hear about things that Michelle thinks makes the kids look less than perfect--or, at least, her very limited and intellectually stunted version of perfect.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Michelle's claimed the howler boys have learning disabilities.

It couldn't possibly be that the homeschool teachers are idoits.

UGH UGH UGH

I think if they had been in a public school setting they could have been labeled as reading-challenged. But because they were being tutored one-on-one with me I was able to just work with them and not pressure them.

No actually Michelle they would probably have been assessed for a learning disability, tested to see if they were dyslexic and then help with proven strategies and provided with strategies they can use for life instead of just given the same stuff over and over again until it was memorized which is what it sounds like you did.

I've learned by teaching 19 children that each one is so different, and to not expect them all to do the same things at the same time or to do them exactly the same way either.

First off I don't believe you've taught all 19 and really it took that to learn it? UGH most parents and teachers realize this much faster.

You know I know there are homeschool parents who do it well. I had a kid come back to public school after HSing and the child skipped a grade, then again another child different family came back from HSing and had to go back two grades from where they were supposed to be. MEchelle seems to be the second type and makes me crazy!

• Love 17

In my experience, public schools aren't that great with learning disabilities and special needs, either. I homeschooled my youngest until the 7th grade because he was ADHD and we struggled with reading & writing the whole time. Once he was in school, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, but they really didn't do anything that we hadn't already done. Either someone else read to him, he listened to audio recordings, or he was given extra time to complete his work. My oldest daughter was never homeschooled, diagnosed with ADHD in the first grade and dyslexia in the third. She literally made no progress in her reading & writing from the 6th grade to the 12th. Both of them dropped out when they were 19 b/c they couldn't pass the mandatory state test. The only thing homeschooling did was keep my son off Ritalin.

So, to bring it back to the Duggar's, *IF* the problem is actual learning disabilities, there's no reason to believe that going to public school would change that. *IF* the problem is a lack of quality teaching, which is what I believe, then public school would definitely be a better place.

• Love 2