Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Michelle's claimed the howler boys have learning disabilities.

It couldn't possibly be that the homeschool teachers are idoits.

Of course, the cult solved it. ETA And it wasn't ACTUAL learning difficulties, it was just what heathen Satanists WOULD HAVE LABELED a learning difficulty had they been in a Satanic school instead of safe in the bosoms of their sister moms, learning how to say "and so..." and "uhhhhh....". God, Michelle.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Aja said:

Of course, the cult solved it. ETA And it wasn't ACTUAL learning difficulties, it was just what heathen Satanists WOULD HAVE LABELED a learning difficulty had they been in a Satanic school instead of safe in the bosoms of their sister moms, learning how to say "and so..." and "uhhhhh....". God, Michelle.

Fundyism is a cure-all, like Scientology.  The latter cured Tom Cruise of dyslexia, or so they say.

LOL, Satanic School!  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Nysha said:

In my experience, public schools aren't that great with learning disabilities and special needs, either. I homeschooled my youngest until the 7th grade because he was ADHD and we struggled with reading & writing the whole time. Once he was in school, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, but they really didn't do anything that we hadn't already done. Either someone else read to him, he listened to audio recordings, or he was given extra time to complete his work. My oldest daughter was never homeschooled, diagnosed with ADHD in the first grade and dyslexia in the third. She literally made no progress in her reading & writing from the 6th grade to the 12th. Both of them dropped out when they were 19 b/c they couldn't pass the mandatory state test. The only thing homeschooling did was keep my son off Ritalin.

So, to bring it back to the Duggar's, *IF* the problem is actual learning disabilities, there's no reason to believe that going to public school would change that. *IF* the problem is a lack of quality teaching, which is what I believe, then public school would definitely be a better place.

My sister was pulled out and homeschooled basically and solely because the method of reading at the time was the whole language, or 'look-say' concept (think Suzuki, instead of phonics).  My sister still can't spell English.  I remember distinctly, she would come home with spelling tests with humongous amounts of errors, all marked 100 and 'good job!'  I said to my mother, 'you realize she got like 8 out of those 20 totally wrong.'  My mother to me faux placidly, 'yes, I know.  The teachers say, 'oh, she'll catch onto it eventually.  You wouldn't want them feeling labeled and judged because they can't spell, now would you?'  This was in a relatively wealthy school district in New York State.

1 hour ago, queenanne said:

My sister was pulled out and homeschooled basically and solely because the method of reading at the time was the whole language, or 'look-say' concept (think Suzuki, instead of phonics).  My sister still can't spell English.  I remember distinctly, she would come home with spelling tests with humongous amounts of errors, all marked 100 and 'good job!'  I said to my mother, 'you realize she got like 8 out of those 20 totally wrong.'  My mother to me faux placidly, 'yes, I know.  The teachers say, 'oh, she'll catch onto it eventually.  You wouldn't want them feeling labeled and judged because they can't spell, now would you?'  This was in a relatively wealthy school district in New York State.

Awwww, see Michelle? Satan schools can be just like you!

• Love 6
On 7/6/2017 at 5:25 PM, Nysha said:

In my experience, public schools aren't that great with learning disabilities and special needs, either. I homeschooled my youngest until the 7th grade because he was ADHD and we struggled with reading & writing the whole time. Once he was in school, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, but they really didn't do anything that we hadn't already done. Either someone else read to him, he listened to audio recordings, or he was given extra time to complete his work. My oldest daughter was never homeschooled, diagnosed with ADHD in the first grade and dyslexia in the third. She literally made no progress in her reading & writing from the 6th grade to the 12th. Both of them dropped out when they were 19 b/c they couldn't pass the mandatory state test. The only thing homeschooling did was keep my son off Ritalin.

So, to bring it back to the Duggar's, *IF* the problem is actual learning disabilities, there's no reason to believe that going to public school would change that. *IF* the problem is a lack of quality teaching, which is what I believe, then public school would definitely be a better place.

On 7/7/2017 at 0:57 PM, queenanne said:

I hate to hear about situations like these, as a teacher it just frustrates me to no end as I try so heard to help every student that walks into my classroom as have 99% of the teachers I've worked with. I know there are children who fall through the cracks. I teach eighth grade and see kids every year that my team fights to help. I'm sorry your families experienced this.

In the case of the Duggs, Michelle saying she did the exact same phonics program with a kids three times til they got it leads me to think the child memorized it and didn't really learn from it. She acknowledges that JB has issues reading and she didn't sell it any help for the kids besides speech and language which can be great but probably not all the help they needed.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I hate to hear about situations like these, as a teacher it just frustrates me to no end as I try so heard to help every student that walks into my classroom as have 99% of the teachers I've worked with. I know there are children who fall through the cracks. I teach eighth grade and see kids every year that my team fights to help. I'm sorry your families experienced this.

In the case of the Duggs, Michelle saying she did the exact same phonics program with a kids three times til they got it leads me to think the child memorized it and didn't really learn from it. She acknowledges that JB has issues reading and she didn't sell it any help for the kids besides speech and language which can be great but probably not all the help they needed.

These are some of the reasons that I don't understand why they don't encourage someone to actually get a real teaching degree. You'd think that with so many homeschoolers, they'd value someone trained to teach average students, as well as have some training to deal with those with learning disabilities, etc.

• Love 5

None of the Duggar children would ever be allowed to obtain a real teaching degree because they would have to 'walk in the valley of the sinners' to get it. They would actually have to be in a classroom and listen to all the heathen rhetoric and student-teach in a real public school classroom surrounded by all that "ungodliness'. It will never happen, sadly. They choose to live an insular life when it suits them and when they're getting paid they come out of their protective cocoon and 'appear' for all the world to see.

• Love 8

Yes, Michelle, we would be labelling your children as reading-challenged (or whatever her phrase was. Can't be bothered scrolling back up) through the haze of drugs that you have said are rife in schools. The problem is that we are so busy beating off Satan and encouraging the students to dance that we don't have time to teach. Plus, there are heathens at schools, a sure sign that no constructive learning will take place. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Yes, Michelle, we would be labelling your children as reading-challenged (or whatever her phrase was. Can't be bothered scrolling back up) through the haze of drugs that you have said are rife in schools. The problem is that we are so busy beating off Satan and encouraging the students to dance that we don't have time to teach. Plus, there are heathens at schools, a sure sign that no constructive learning will take place. 

Rofl bc I have been known to put on music in my classroom and get the kids dancing. It can be a great brain break, hmm guess I'm a heathen, wonder what my pastor would say, I have a feeling "for everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven" then again I'm not Fundy or even close to it

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Rofl bc I have been known to put on music in my classroom and get the kids dancing. It can be a great brain break, hmm guess I'm a heathen, wonder what my pastor would say, I have a feeling "for everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven" then again I'm not Fundy or even close to it

The fundies I knew loved to remind others "for everything there is a season", but had selective amnesia regarding the part that reads "a time to dance". Never could figure that out.

• Love 14
(edited)

The lonely J's club is dwindling. They've lost Joy, Jinger and Joe. I really want JD, Josiah and Godly-heart twin to have a triple wedding so we can rid of them. Sinner twin and Jana need to have scandalous matches. With Jana, it is a wish that will never be fulfilled because Jana seems like she will give away another jewelry box and Jill will tap her on the shoulder to tell her to get shit done. My only hope is sinner twin. Get yourself a lazy accountability partner, a smart phone, a fake number and a spirit of adventure. What else is that treehouse for? 

If the shit hits the fan, you can leave and get a job. Sinner, YOU hold all the cards. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 9
(edited)
6 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

The lonely J's club is dwindling. They've lost Joy, Jinger and Joe. I really want JD, Josiah and Godly-heart twin to have a triple wedding so we can rid of them. Sinner twin and Jana need to have scandalous matches. With Jana, it is a wish that will never be fulfilled because Jana seems like she will give away another jewelry box and Jill will tap her on the shoulder to tell her to get shit done. My only hope is sinner twin. Get yourself a lazy accountability partner, a smart phone, a fake number and a spirit of adventure. What else is that treehouse for? 

Hmmm ... Were Joe's, Jinger's and Joy's names in the original thread title? I never even noticed they were removed.

Edited by GeeGolly
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm ... Were Joe's, Jinger's and Joy's names in the original thread title? I never even noticed they were removed.

Not sure. I was just thinking of the single J's recently hitched. I believe the twins were recently added (when they hit 18), so I suppose the thread title has been updated.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes they were. Every non courting J kid over 18 has been in the title and then removed when they got a couple thread at the start of their courtship. Jason's 18th is coming up no? 

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, he won't be 18 until next April. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes they were. Every non courting J kid over 18 has been in the title and then removed when they got a couple thread at the start of their courtship. Jason's 18th is coming up no? 

We should mark the date and send him a gift card for a drippy sundae on the day he gets put into the thread title.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Now that Joe is officially engaged, I wonder who will be the next J kid to carry the courting and wedding cash flow into 2018. The Duggars are out of reasonably aged girls (except Jana), so the duty falls to another son, but they seem to have less appeal than the girls and may not find wives as easily. I wonder what will happen if they get desperate.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, SnarkyShark said:

I wonder what will happen if they get desperate.

They'll just have to rely on the kids to keep on making babies.

But, I hope they aren't counting on Jill to provide them with her third "Dramatic! Traumatic! Emergency C-section!" childbirth story. 

I'm sure Joy will be pregnant any minute now, so that's a few episodes' worth of content. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I'm thinking one of the boy twins. JD and Jana are lost causes and Si seems really bitter about courtship. Jason and James are too young, so that leaves Jer or Jed. 

I could see Jed and Jer having a double wedding for ratings. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

If the shit hits the fan, you can leave and get a job. Sinner, YOU hold all the cards. 

Sinner Twin is the one I hope breaks free, the most.  He evidently has more of a need for individuality, than do the other brothers.

Only time will tell.

• Love 2
Just now, GeeGolly said:

How old is Josie Bates? Surely the Duggar boys can see how pretty she is. She's Fundy and has a fertile mother. Right up their alley.

IIRC, Josie goes to Clown, so maybe 18-ish? She's way too good looking for a Duggar boy, but Carlin is very pretty and hooked up with a dud, so anything's possible.

• Love 2

Josie started at the Cosmetology Department at Clown College when she was 16/17. She turns 18 this year, not sure when. I assume she needed a GED to go there, but maybe not. I know high school dropouts who went the hair route. But if she has to take religion classes as well as highlighting, maybe a diploma from Bates Academy (or whatever they might call non GED "grads") is enough?

She could do wonders with the female Duggar mops, starting with Mechelle. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I could see Jed and Jer having a double wedding for ratings. 

Please gawd no. Let heart-for-somegodlycrap twin marry Nurie (just to make things interesting) and let sinner have his own spinoff after he goes rogue. Please please universe

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sinner Twin is the one I hope breaks free, the most.  He evidently has more of a need for individuality, than do the other brothers.

Only time will tell.

Yeah, I really hope Sinner is just biding his time, but since he is still there at 18 it's mostly just fantasy to think he will actually make us proud. But as long as there are no announcements we can research pagan rituals to make this happen. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I taught 5 and 6 year olds, so there was quite a lot of singing and dancing. I had a few very flamboyant dancers and singers. I don't teach in a classroom anymore but back then we started the day with Jump Jam, which is a fitness program where everyone dances to songs. Bet the younger Duggar children would love that.

• Love 3

Is the sinner twin the one who plays chess? I liked him and he seemed like he had a brain in there, but wasn't allowed to use it. I hope he's the one who breaks free. Seemed like a sweet young guy. It was obvious to me that Michelle could not relate to that kid. Well, she can't relate to most of her children, anyway. He also seemed a bit lonely in that crowd at home.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

Is the sinner twin the one who plays chess? I liked him and he seemed like he had a brain in there, but wasn't allowed to use it. I hope he's the one who breaks free. Seemed like a sweet young guy. It was obvious to me that Michelle could not relate to that kid. Well, she can't relate to most of her children, anyway. He also seemed a bit lonely in that crowd at home.

Sinner twin is the one who has my vote, and not just because I think he's cute.  I'm old enough to be his Grandma, after all.  I just like to see independent spirit in young people.  I hope he is smarter than the average doofus Duggbot, and really can break free.  

• Love 2
On 7/9/2017 at 3:29 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Josie started at the Cosmetology Department at Clown College when she was 16/17. She turns 18 this year, not sure when. I assume she needed a GED to go there, but maybe not. I know high school dropouts who went the hair route. But if she has to take religion classes as well as highlighting, maybe a diploma from Bates Academy (or whatever they might call non GED "grads") is enough?

She could do wonders with the female Duggar mops, starting with Mechelle. 

According to Wikipedia, she'll be 18 on August 4.

Just now, pinkelephant3 said:

Why does si seem against courting? I've never seen anything to that effect. 

I don't think Josiah is against courting, I think he really liked Marjorie and since in this world courting means "engaged to be engaged", he was broken hearted when it ended. He will probably find someone else to court soon if only to keep the show going. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Why does si seem against courting? I've never seen anything to that effect. 

I don't think he's against courting, but to me he's starting to come off a little bitter when he talks about it. I notice he's adopting JD's attitude of fake indifference, like he can't find a girl so he's pretending that dating and marriage aren't for him. 

• Love 2

The Si - Marj relationship has me a little confused. They court for half a minute and the timing of the break-up was around Josh Scandal #1. Yet not too many months later Marj is enrolled in college. Was she not going to go to college if she married Si? Her family "knew" the Duggars. Did they not know their depth of Fundiness?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Si - Marj relationship has me a little confused. They court for half a minute and the timing of the break-up was around Josh Scandal #1. Yet not too many months later Marj is enrolled in college. Was she not going to go to college if she married Si? Her family "knew" the Duggars. Did they not know their depth of Fundiness?

Many had hoped Marj would be for Josiah what Jeremy has been for Jinger- a way out of fundy-ville or a least coming up for air. I think Marj was always going to go to college and had they married Josiah would've been okay with that. I think after Josh scandal 1 her family was "no way in hell". 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Ok. I got a little bit scared there because I at first thought you were were talking about "lick-the-counter-Josie." And then I realized you were talking about Josie BATES. whew. Ok. Carry on ...

I'm sure Josie D can be a good hairdresser. She can lick your hair down. Saves money on gel.

Edited by babyhouseman
wrong last name
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm sure Josie D can be a good hairdresser. She can lick your hair down. Saves money on gel.

I'm first to bottle the shit and sell it to fundies! 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Many had hoped Marj would be for Josiah what Jeremy has been for Jinger- a way out of fundy-ville or a least coming up for air. I think Marj was always going to go to college and had they married Josiah would've been okay with that. I think after Josh scandal 1 her family was "no way in hell". 

I feel like it's one of those "if they had gotten married, then Marjorie would have had the choice to either skip college or go" situations.  Am I saying some variation on "Marj's family thinks if girls get married they don't need college"?  I think I am... not that I know anything about Marj's family, but it just stands to reason, that not going to school would be an option they would have found acceptable, because it's the way some girls in their circle do operate.  "Heading out to get your MRS degree..."

Of course, there could have been some elaborate side plan for Josiah to go to college simultaneously, hatched between the two of them in secret... but I find that less likely. (I mean, I know "it's been done", but very rarely; wouldn't you think that if she wanted to go to "sleepaway school" as she did, that she'd also want to stay in the dorm and have the full college experience?)  I know of very few situations where schools provided housing to married undergrads; they would have made you be on your own for housing, which I should think is generically discouraged for freshmen, in the same way that going off the meal plan is discouraged for freshmen, because the school TPTB know the adjustment to school is big enough without worrying about where you'll sleep and where you'll eat.  

And the clincher for me, what would Josiah have done with his days, if she had been enrolled in school and he wasn't?

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2

I remember a younger Josiah being quite interested in numbers and accounting type work. He was very happy that Derick was an accountant and I think wanted to explore that with him for his own future. What happened to that? We now see Josiah learning how to drive a big truck. Another Duggar, of course, was teaching him how. I feel sorry for him as he seemed to prefer a white collar type of job. Perhaps Jim Bob squashed that pursuit. He also wanted to take some college courses if I remember.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I remember a younger Josiah being quite interested in numbers and accounting type work. He was very happy that Derick was an accountant and I think wanted to explore that with him for his own future. What happened to that? We now see Josiah learning how to drive a big truck. Another Duggar, of course, was teaching him how. I feel sorry for him as he seemed to prefer a white collar type of job. Perhaps Jim Bob squashed that pursuit. He also wanted to take some college courses if I remember.

JB probably wanted Josiah to learn a skill that would benefit him the most. He and Michelle can say they want their children to pick careers with their interest and skills, but in the long run it is all about JB being in control of his children. He learned the lesson the hard way when Josh went to D.C. and Josh's job was part of the reason why the two scandals hit the fan. Keep the kids where he can see them, and he has complete control of them.

7 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I think you're right bigskygirl, but it seems to me that JB could use someone to handle the numbers more than he can use another under-educated kid who can drive a big truck. 

Maybe he has fantasized that Derrick will do it eventually, and Jilly Muffin Daddy's Girl keeps stringing JB along, pretending it's only a matter of time before Big D tires of the mission field and agrees to do so.

• Love 1

Josh may have been interested in accounting, but who is going to hire an accountant who doesn't have a degree or certification? Even if he worked for himself, he can't open a CPA business. 

Bedt he could do is some bookkeeping or clerking/billing work, but that's not going to earn anywhere near what he made as a lobbyist. Well, neither would a CPA without being a a good sized firm with some experience and ability to bring in larger clients.

Josh is way too lazy and entitled to actually run a business where clients don't come to him out of leghumping or desperation - oh wait, he didn't do that great at the used car lot his dad set up either, did he?

What exactly does josh do now, besides eat?

• Love 4

Marjorie would have added so much to this show. It would be amazing to have the fundy wife guide the Dugg boy to college. But Marjorie, or her family, made the right decision since it seems there are no hard feelings (they've attended the same events), and Marjorie seems to be flourishing moderately fundy style.  

• Love 8

Gosh, all this time I though Josiah was one of the twins...well, it's not my fault they all look like Wonder Bread and their stupid names all start with "J!!"

That said...is Jed the sinner twin?  He's the one that actually doesn't resemble the lumps in a bowl of mashed potatoes, right?  Is he the one I think is cute?

Crap, I don't even know anymore.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That said...is Jed the sinner twin?  He's the one that actually doesn't resemble the lumps in a bowl of mashed potatoes, right?  Is he the one I think is cute?

I don't know about the "sinner" part, but Jed could be considered "the cute one".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Gosh, all this time I though Josiah was one of the twins...well, it's not my fault they all look like Wonder Bread and their stupid names all start with "J!!"

Crap, I don't even know anymore.

The board is pretty much divided on which twin is the cute one. Sinner Twin is the one that looks like Boob, but somehow is sort of hot. Other Twin is the one that resembles a slimmer, better looking version of Josh. Personally, if I had to have an impure thought about a Duggar, I'd go for Sinner Twin. 

• Love 5