Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The board is pretty much divided on which twin is the cute one. Sinner Twin is the one that looks like Boob, but somehow is sort of hot. Other Twin is the one that resembles a slimmer, better looking version of Josh. Personally, if I had to have an impure thought about a Duggar, I'd go for Sinner Twin. 

I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around the phrases "impure thought" and "about a Duggar" in the same sentence. 

• Love 12

@sometimesy, I looked at the link, and still laughing about a couple of the comments!

Sinner twin doesn't seem cursed (yet) with the receding hairline.  But then again, unless Boob wears a toupee, he isn't, either.

I do think Sinner is the cutest of the Duggarbot boys.  Is Jackson the one who wears the hat, and his bros don't want to hang with?

If I could save one Duggar it would be Sinner. How I would love to see him with a cute ambitious non-fundy girl who can attract Sinner and repel the cult.  Jana would be someone I would cheer for, but I don't think she can recover from the  Dugglobotomy. 

• Love 1

Josiah's was bad when he was 16. So was Joe's. Jason was well on his way around 16 as well. I can't remember when JD's hairline started receding, but I want to say 18ish? It's been a while, though. The twins are the only ones who've reached puberty with seemingly unscathed hairlines. Maybe James, too. He just turned 16, so we'll see, but so far, so good for him. Justin is still an unknown (he wears Bieber bangs), and Jackson just turned 13, so it's too early to tell with him. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, sometimesy said:

If I could save one Duggar it would be Sinner. How I would love to see him with a cute ambitious non-fundy girl who can attract Sinner and repel the cult.  Jana would be someone I would cheer for, but I don't think she can recover from the  Dugglobotomy. 

I've always said I would take Justin down to Jordyn. I will add James to the list. He looks like a sweet boy. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/9/2017 at 4:29 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Josie started at the Cosmetology Department at Clown College when she was 16/17. She turns 18 this year, not sure when. I assume she needed a GED to go there, but maybe not. I know high school dropouts who went the hair route. But if she has to take religion classes as well as highlighting, maybe a diploma from Bates Academy (or whatever they might call non GED "grads") is enough?

She could do wonders with the female Duggar mops, starting with Mechelle. 

Colleges particularly devoted to enrolling Christian homeschooled students accept homeschool diplomas without necessarily imposing any other requirements. The GED seems to be seldom -- maybe even never -- required from homeschoolers at such schools. Some of the more selective schools, such as Patrick Henry College, for instance, do require something standardized in addition to your homeschool diploma, such as the SAT or ACT. But for them, as well, if you have the homeschool diploma, you definitely don't need to present a GED. (At Patrick Henry, you can present a GED in lieu of a homeschool diploma, but you have to present SAT or ACT scores as well.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
On 7/14/2017 at 9:35 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I've always said I would take Justin down to Jordyn. I will add James to the list. He looks like a sweet boy. 

You know James is like 37, right?

• Love 7
On 7/12/2017 at 1:29 PM, satrunrose said:

I think you're right bigskygirl, but it seems to me that JB could use someone to handle the numbers more than he can use another under-educated kid who can drive a big truck. 

I wonder whether he may not want the kids to see the numbers? That he really prefers to have them all in manual-labor or servant-type jobs (air chauffeur) both to keep them on a lower level than he's on, for ego purposes, and to keep any of them from knowing anything that might give them power in the family. That might be too conspiratorial, but I can see him feeling this way underneath, given what we've seen of his ego issues. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

God, that's depressing. How long before Jana starts dipping into Michelle's pill stash? 

I'm afraid I would have done so long ago.  To have to raise her siblings because her mother is too damned lazy?

Unthinkable in the world I live in.

• Love 10

Why are Anna's kids always there? Did she secretly move back in?

I know she's pregnant again, but geez. That Meredith seems to have moved in. So now Jana has to raise all of those kids too. At least the boys seem to have aged out of that shit. Jana just has to organize showers. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

laurakaye, agree 100%. I don't care what the Duggar butt-kissers say, Jana does NOT lead a full life. She's a 27 year-old virgin stuck taking care of 15 kids on a daily basis. It appears Anna has caught on and is using the TTH as a dumping ground for the M's, and I'm sure Jill and Jessa are no different. At least if she were a nanny she'd be getting paid for her trouble. With each new social media post, she's starting to take on that same aged look as her twin brother. She wants out, she just can't make it happen.

You just have to look at their definition to know, lol.  I mean, how long does it take to be training as a doula and first responder? I learned CPR in about six hours in health class in eighth grade, for example, though I know there's more to it than that.

• Love 2

@laurakaye, I love your Cousin Oliver reference.  Your entire post is pure gold.

Jana is definitely the most unfortunate of "all 19 that I spit out thru my loins."  She has to have been seriously brainwashed and beaten down from birth.  I don't even want to imagine how those shitty parents used and abused her.

• Love 10

Jana would be such a good nanny, teacher, nun. At least she'd get some reward (besides heaven with Jim Bob) in her life. JB has got to be going through the applications right now. He knows it's starting to look weird for Jana to still be home. He's a doofus but he knows business. Every time Jinger shows up in pants he is probably thrilled to death. Attention and gossip about the family. Jinge and Babe are becoming cult heros because of skinny jeans and bare shoulders. I know people think JB is dumb. He's dumb like a fox. He's been playing this TLC game for years, and skinny jeans and a horny lap sitting bride is bringing the talk. 

• Love 13

My church growing up was on the conservative side for a black church (which meant very liberal by duggar standards) and the idea of just staying home waiting for a guy to get married was unheard of. When I was graduating nearly every conversation with an adult involved them asking what my plans were after high school. If I had said I was getting married and nothing else  I would have been given a lecture by even the most traditional people in the church about why I should go to college and I don't think it would have occurred to them I wouldn't be getting a job.  Jana is 27 and for most people is not that old and I don't knock her for living at home but she is treated like a child. Sadly I think she is happy because she was raised to believe she should be content to babysit her sibling's children and not have a life of her own. I remember when she commented a while back that she basically couldn't hang out with her married sisters and it kind of broke my heart. What is wrong with have lunch or a shopping day with your sister? They cling to their spouses so much that if they ran in different circles they would seem so bizarre. 

• Love 24

I had a dream that I was a reporter interviewing JD for a podcast like S-town. JD was just like John B - gay, a loner, felt trapped in a small town because he had to take care of his mother, but not as intelligent. He was very insistent upon showing me his scrotum piercings. (Sorry, here's the brain bleach.)

I have decided that it is a prophetic dream and that someday, JD will be the one to tell all. 

• Love 9

Who was Jana's actual buddy team again? The use of "Jana and her buddies" made me think how when all the other girls got married their buddy team must have just merged in to Jana's buddy team. Also, need my memory refreshed- none of the boys were head of a buddy team, right?

• Love 1

It's too late for Stepford Jana. She has succumbed, surrendered her autonomy and is now a husk with a body snatcher inside. If she is still somewhere in there and she speaks, she will be caught. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Booey said:

Also, need my memory refreshed- none of the boys were head of a buddy team, right?

Joshua's buddy was Joseph and John-David's buddy was Josiah. They're the only two boys who had buddies and by the time the younger boys were 8 they were deemed no longer in need of a buddy. I don't think the boy buddy-teams lasted as long or were as emotionally bonded as the Sister-Mom teams.

Edited by Nysha
39 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

JB & Mechelle's trip to Hawaii would have been the perfect opportunity for Jana to make a run for it.

Which is a good reason why I think Jana doesn't have a secret man, because surely the man would've been planning and encouraging it.

40 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Which is a good reason why I think Jana doesn't have a secret man, because surely the man would've been planning and encouraging it.

My guess is that she'd probably be terrified that JB would cut her off from the family, especially the younger siblings that think of her more like a mother. 

• Love 4

I'm afraid that the current Jana "buddy team" consists of Jackson on down to include all of the nieces and nephews she has so far. That photo of the pizza making event was telling. Since Jana is 27 now, she should be able to handle a small classroom of about 10 children, don't ya think? Michelle and the other 'mamas' have full confidence in Jana taking care of their children FOR THEM.

• Love 10

Jana may be somewhat thankful for her younger siblings because I'm thinking her days would feel empty without them. How much Bible reading and praying can one person do? No TV and social media. No checking out different restaurants, spontaneous road trips, club dancing, clothes shopping and movie going with friends. 

I'm remembering back to the time when my kids were in school before I returned to work. There were some days when I was bored and I had friends, family, independence, a house to run, a husband and children. The only real restriction I had was being home before school got out.

Her days must run into each other and often feel very long.

• Love 8

Jana doesn't even have the creative outlet of blogging, like Sarah Maxwell's silly blog.  Sarah has to describe in detail commonplace events such as cleaning the kitchen cabinets or scrubbing the outside siding!

Jana has her garden.  I wonder if she even plays piana anymore?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm afraid that the current Jana "buddy team" consists of Jackson on down to include all of the nieces and nephews she has so far

And presumably Cousin Oliver, as well.

• Love 6

I wonder why J'Tyler wasn't in the pizza picture? That was in his age group's wheelhouse. At least Jackson wasn't there, so maybe he's been split off from the Lost Kids and is now working for the Boobster? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I doubt Jill went to the air show; I think these are two separate events. Boob has taken the boys to an airshow in Wisconsin for the last couple of years. I wonder if they were there, because it's going on right now. 

https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure

edited because this likely explains why Jackson and J'Tyler weren't in the pizza picture earlier this week. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
12 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Because girls can't attend those events.  Only men can become pilots. 

I don't even think it's being pilots - it's the assumption that it's too boy for girls to be interested in large machinery at all.

• Love 11
On 7/29/2017 at 11:14 AM, cdp73 said:

JB & Mechelle's trip to Hawaii would have been the perfect opportunity for Jana to make a run for it.

I really want to see a crossover show (across networks) where the gals from Escaping Polygamy rescue Jana from Duggardom

• Love 9

I believe the whole "Joy has interest in flying a plane' was episode induced. It was a fictional storyline about her. We all know that females have no 'purpose' for those things as they will be married and pregnant very soon, God willing and they will stay that way. So, no use in learning something they will not and cannot pursue due to their 'rules'.

• Love 3