Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Infantilized, emasculated, under educated, fed with arrogant convictions from birth is how the D boys have been blessfully reared by mizshell and jimblobby.

Am sure there are fundie princesses who would love to be on TLC (a whole season devoted to the courtship and another one devoted to the wedding-Cousin Amy didn't get her own season) but the Josh stank is too much for any respectable families to let their daughters be tainted.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Defrauder said:

OK what's the current count?  JB still has 6 girls and 9 boys to get rid of eventually right?  4 of the girls are still littles, and 6 boy littles left?  Something like that.  So then 10 of the 15 are littles and 5 are adults.   The only guy to marry - and very unsuccessfully is Josh.  What's wrong with the men and why doesn't anyone seem to want them?   Sure most normal people don't have to court... and marry by their early 20's but their only other option is the JB compound.  Maybe because the men have more freedom at the compound they're not in a rush?  But if they can't have 'relations' unless they are married what are these guys doing?  And - why aren't they rushing to court? JD is Jana's age and Joseph is 21. Josiah 20 soon.  It'll be interesting to see how the other male marriages turn out.  

I wonder if any of the guys are freaked out about women? After Joshgate I, along with their messed-up NIKE! teachings with women being defrauders and all, they may have "issues."

i have always thought it problematic that in Duggarworld, only Mom can be acknowledged as a sexual woman. Not only that, but her menstrual cycle and joyful availability are front and center. I know I would be confused...

(And of course, someone might be gay, which would add a couple more layers of complication in their world.)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

Well said as usual Churchhoney.  I also wonder since all of the children are forced to rise up and call Michelle blessed, perhaps there is a bar set high for the boys to come up with the best zombie fundie wife in the land.  Who could possibly compare with the great Michelle after all?  The girls on the other hand have only JB to live up to so any controlling fundie thumping douchbag will do - as we've seen.  

Still laughing at 'their owners'.  So true. 

Michelle is a zoned out shell of a woman who lies around the nest all day who can no longer reproduce like like a Termite Queen, but she still has all her drones about her.  Not to mention, Duggar boys get to look forward to a dopey headship gaze and hear an insipid baby voice in bed.  Not particularly arousing to imagine.

• Love 2

Well said as usual Churchhoney.  I also wonder since all of the children are forced to rise up and call Michelle blessed, perhaps there is a bar set high for the boys to come up with the best zombie fundie wife in the land.  Who could possibly compare with the great Michelle after all?  The girls on the other hand have only JB to live up to so any controlling fundie thumping douchbag will do - as we've seen.  

Still laughing at 'their owners'.  So true. 

Good point about Mechelle.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I figured the D-boyz have it pretty darn good right where they are.

No chores, fed, clothed, given accommodations. Why leave?

They're like little princes.

Good point, marriage would mean they'd have to feign some kind of actual *gasp* job.

• Love 4
(edited)

the women, while they do wait upon the Lord to choose their mates, for the most part do go to college while they wait for prince charming to appear.  Mostly they get degrees in teaching or nursing, and give that up when they get married and have children in order to keep house and homeschool.  They also travel independently and with other unmarried friends, have hobbies, and go to stores and church-approved events with friends or on their own.  (Some even go so far as to wear culottes!) So this extreme lack of education, training, contact with the outside world, or doing *anything* with their lives really does seem to be Duggar-specific.

I don't know if the Duggar boys have any excuse, but as far as the women go, the idea of "stay-at-home daughterhood" is a thing. When Patrick Henry College first opened its doors, there was some controversy when Michael Farris decided to let women enroll. And then there was that nauseating "Return of the Daughters" documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQ1nViS_0
I think it's been mentioned here before, but one of the women in that documentary, Lourdes Torres, later brought a lawsuit against Doug Phillips, the leader of the now defunct Vision Forum, for sexual abuse. She was represented by.... David C. Gibbs III (!). The lawsuit was either dismissed or settled out of court.

ETA: I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Return of the Daughters, but from reading a recap, it sounds like even the girls featured in that documentary at least have some level of ambition and curiosity, even if they're being stifled thanks to their religion. Jasmine, for example, says that she wants to be a screenwriter and go to NYU. Too bad she had the bad luck to be born to a control freak like Voddie Baucham. The Duggars, otoh, seem to lack even that sort of basic ambition.

Edited by galax-arena
4 hours ago, Defrauder said:

OK what's the current count?  JB still has 6 girls and 9 boys to get rid of eventually right?  4 of the girls are still littles, and 6 boy littles left?  Something like that.  So then 10 of the 15 are littles and 5 are adults.   The only guy to marry - and very unsuccessfully is Josh.  What's wrong with the men and why doesn't anyone seem to want them?   Sure most normal people don't have to court... and marry by their early 20's but their only other option is the JB compound.  Maybe because the men have more freedom at the compound they're not in a rush?  But if they can't have 'relations' unless they are married what are these guys doing?  And - why aren't they rushing to court? JD is Jana's age and Joseph is 21. Josiah 20 soon.  It'll be interesting to see how the other male marriages turn out.  

I think the average age to marry these days is more like mid-20's.

Any possibility that these "men" are finding alone time somewhere, for um personal activities?  I would think time alone easier for the males.  I know they are supposed to confess, but, maybe they aren't??

• Love 4
(edited)

The girls rely on Prince Charming seeking them out. The boys are largely unable to find their own "princesses" because they're kept tethered and dependent on Jimbob. Josh is married because Jimbob basically forced him to it, he didn't want Josh living apart from the family to arouse suspicion.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

I figured the D-boyz have it pretty darn good right where they are.

No chores, fed, clothed, given accommodations. Why leave?

They're like little princes.

True. But I wonder if either JD or Joe have expressed interest and have been shot down by the girl's father, or even the girl herself via Dad. I bet this scenario has played out more than once. Would YOU want your daughter married into that mess?

eta: Return of the Daughters...the Botkinettes are right around 30 and still unmarried, although 2 or 3 younger brothers married in their early 20's. Jasmine Baucham got a Master's (albeit from an unaccredited Christian college),  taught for a couple of years before marrying. She recently had a daughter, so I imagine she won't be going back to work. As for Lourdes Torres, her case was settled out of court, but the records are sealed, so unless she tells us we will never know how much Dougie the Tool ended up paying out. She is currently pursuing a degree in chemistry at UT-Austin.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

There are families out there that would accept the Dugg boys. There are some serious fundy crazy people out there. Remember that fella that wanted to have a matchmaking camp?

Wasn't there a family hanging around the Duggs, I think the boy went to college and we thought he was hanging around for Jinger, but maybe they had a girl the right age for one of the boys? Or maybe the boy we thought was for Jinger was for Joy. Orotora family or something like that. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if any of the guys are freaked out about women? After Joshgate I, along with their messed-up NIKE! teachings with women being defrauders and all, they may have "issues."

i have always thought it problematic that in Duggarworld, only Mom can be acknowledged as a sexual woman. Not only that, but her menstrual cycle and joyful availability are front and center. I know I would be confused...

(And of course, someone might be gay, which would add a couple more layers of complication in their world.)

I know can you imagine the boys being subject to their mother's scheduled menstrual cycle?  God they had to lie in bed at night thinking - this may be the night another sibling is conceived.  They just had to be grossed out.  Like if there were some kind of semen schedule my father posted for me to see growing up I'd be in no hurry to get into that whole thing. Then add the menstrual cycle to Nike and defrauders all around and well they've got to be royally screwed about sex in general.  They either have to pick a virgin with menstrual cycles to remind them of their mother or the forbidden defrauder who they'd rather hook up with. Hence Josh I suppose. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

If not, they are having nocturnal emissions. No way around those.

Make everyone stay up all night? They basically do that. I'm sure it was Jim Bob's genius idea to prevent them.

God they had to lie in bed at night thinking - this may be the night another sibling is conceived.

Again, they're up all night. I'm sure someone's heard stuff, especially in the pre-TTH house. Ew.

• Love 3

I know can you imagine the boys being subject to their mother's scheduled menstrual cycle?  God they had to lie in bed at night thinking - this may be the night another sibling is conceived.  They just had to be grossed out.  Like if there were some kind of semen schedule my father posted for me to see growing up I'd be in no hurry to get into that whole thing. Then add the menstrual cycle to Nike and defrauders all around and well they've got to be royally screwed about sex in general.  They either have to pick a virgin with menstrual cycles to remind them of their mother or the forbidden defrauder who they'd rather hook up with. Hence Josh I suppose. 

There is no way any Duggar boy has anything remotely resembling a healthy view of women. I wouldn't let my theoretical daughter anywhere near one of them. Defrauder, your post here gave me a thought. They grow up being strictly forbidden to have any sexual thoughts about anyone--EXCEPT THEIR MOTHER. Sheds a little more light on Josh, at any rate. Sickos.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, galax-arena said:

I don't know if the Duggar boys have any excuse, but as far as the women go, the idea of "stay-at-home daughterhood" is a thing. When Patrick Henry College first opened its doors, there was some controversy when Michael Farris decided to let women enroll. And then there was that nauseating "Return of the Daughters" documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjQ1nViS_0
I think it's been mentioned here before, but one of the women in that documentary, Lourdes Torres, later brought a lawsuit against Doug Phillips, the leader of the now defunct Vision Forum, for sexual abuse. She was represented by.... David C. Gibbs III (!). The lawsuit was either dismissed or settled out of court.

ETA: I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Return of the Daughters, but from reading a recap, it sounds like even the girls featured in that documentary at least have some level of ambition and curiosity, even if they're being stifled thanks to their religion. Jasmine, for example, says that she wants to be a screenwriter and go to NYU. Too bad she had the bad luck to be born to a control freak like Voddie Baucham. The Duggars, otoh, seem to lack even that sort of basic ambition.

You can buy one on Amazon for $3.16 plus shipping. :  )     https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0979927900/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_used_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1467231650&sr=8-1

• Love 1

All of these kids have been so sheltered, they have ZERO concept how to interact with potential counterparts.  Seriously, that one kid who was "courting" for awhile seemed outgoing enough, but for the LIFE of me, I can't imagine JD trying to warm up enough to "court" a girl.  In their world, he can't say even "can we go for pizza sometime?" because all by itself, that constitutes courting.  How the heck is a GUY supposed to know if he wants to court someone?  The very word "courtship" sounds like cement to me.  I know JD has "some" exposure to the outside world, but how many creepy fundy women does he run across in a week?  A month?  Apparently the reins are a little slack at the Sandy whatever gathering each year.  I always kind of think if they don't decide right then and there on the spot, they're out of luck till the next year.  Makes my head hurt.  It's about 1/4" away from a lottery.  "OK, gather round, everybody!  Just like last there are two hats on the table.  You know the rules, all girls over 18, names in the pink hat.  All boys over 18, blue hat.  That's it!  Good job!  All righty, when the dads all get done drawing names, don't forget our reception next door, celebrating the 65 marriages and 65 children born since this date last year.  Ok, dads, ready...set...DRAW!"  It almost makes me think there might be an auctioneer in attendance.  (Sickening, but that would be SOOOO funny, right?)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Aja said:

There is no way any Duggar boy has anything remotely resembling a healthy view of women. I wouldn't let my theoretical daughter anywhere near one of them. Defrauder, your post here gave me a thought. They grow up being strictly forbidden to have any sexual thoughts about anyone--EXCEPT THEIR MOTHER. Sheds a little more light on Josh, at any rate. Sickos.

I know right, every potential fundie wife has to remind them of their mother.  I doubt JB married Michelle because she reminded him of his mother.  But since he's all sexed up for her all of his son's have to be too.  Let's make a prediction - any Duggar male who marries a fundie wife will cheat with someone he views as a defrauder type and any Duggar male who manages to escape fundie land marriage to marry a non fundie woman will remain happily and faithfully married.

• Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

All of these kids have been so sheltered, they have ZERO concept how to interact with potential counterparts.  Seriously, that one kid who was "courting" for awhile seemed outgoing enough, but for the LIFE of me, I can't imagine JD trying to warm up enough to "court" a girl.  In their world, he can't say even "can we go for pizza sometime?" because all by itself, that constitutes courting.  How the heck is a GUY supposed to know if he wants to court someone?  The very word "courtship" sounds like cement to me.  I know JD has "some" exposure to the outside world, but how many creepy fundy women does he run across in a week?  A month?  Apparently the reins are a little slack at the Sandy whatever gathering each year.  I always kind of think if they don't decide right then and there on the spot, they're out of luck till the next year.  Makes my head hurt.  It's about 1/4" away from a lottery.  "OK, gather round, everybody!  Just like last there are two hats on the table.  You know the rules, all girls over 18, names in the pink hat.  All boys over 18, blue hat.  That's it!  Good job!  All righty, when the dads all get done drawing names, don't forget our reception next door, celebrating the 65 marriages and 65 children born since this date last year.  Ok, dads, ready...set...DRAW!"  It almost makes me think there might be an auctioneer in attendance.  (Sickening, but that would be SOOOO funny, right?)

Good points, HFC. Several people have commented that there seemed to be some chemistry between Jinger and Ben. And it got me to thinking that except perhaps for brief things like Big Sandy or similar fundie family events, these kids just don't get to mingle with their peers of teh opposite sex. Or, probably even of the same, come to think of it.

By the time I was Jinger's age I'd been in school with my peers for years. I'd experienced having crushes on guys, and getting over them, and liking some people right away and feeling just that little something wrong about other people, and making friends with other girls and some guys, and getting my feelings hurt, and having goofball socially awkward moments, and getting kissed, and all the rest of the whole jumbled up assortment of stuff that is also known as real life experience. That's true of most of us who went to school and weren't kept locked on a compound. 

It kind of hurts my head to think of how *few* of those experiences any of the Duggar kids have had. So we see Jilly Muffin who seems to be about 13 years old, and Jessa who may be a little ahead of her at high school freshman Mean Girl. This has been revealed by their words and deeds on TV and social media since each of them was "allowed" such expressions by virtue of being engaged and then married. I don't have high hopes for what their younger siblings will reveal of themselves as they in turn pass through these "seasons of life." Sigh.

I don't have an opinion about the Ben-Jinger chemistry, either way. But he was probably one of the first non-family peers she was thrown together with, and if she did get giggly and have fun with him, well heck, that's just real life, regardless of whether there was any special level of chemistry involved.

Lord, those fundie Duggar parents are SO whackdoodle. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, galax-arena said:

Yeah, I could've told Jasmine B. that wouldn't happen, because screenwriter equals Hollywood equals whore, and forget New York City.

13 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Needs some Proactive, I think. 

Sweet Jesus he looks just like Kurt Cameron to me!  Good work Si, you look like a man in his mid 40's.  If I were a snarky women I would say the Big G has some issues with the Duggars.  Their countenances were not blessed with longevity.

• Love 6

And I was just being snarky. I know Sew Sumi meant nothing bad. But it's a little cringy.. I have always had a soft spot for him, if he is gay, that is hard enough. I can't even fathom being in that family or religion and having that struggle. I agree with it being an FU internet picture. I wish they would show the girls doing stuff like that. But, they would be in bare feet and all I can picture is smashed toes.  The girls hardly ever being shown in shoes irritates the hell out of me. 

• Love 2

Poor Si. Wasn't he the one who wanted to be an accountant? Auto mechanics is a fantastic trade, but not for a kid who likely didn't have inclinations towards it in the first place. If Si had a choice, I kind of doubt this is what he'd be doing with his life.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

And I was just being snarky. I know Sew Sumi meant nothing bad. But it's a little cringy.. I have always had a soft spot for him, if he is gay, that is hard enough. I can't even fathom being in that family or religion and having that struggle. I agree with it being an FU internet picture. I wish they would show the girls doing stuff like that. But, they would be in bare feet and all I can picture is smashed toes.  The girls hardly ever being shown in shoes irritates the hell out of me. 

Yeah, I just meant it in the context of fundie masculinity. MEN FIX CARS; WOMEN MAKE THEM SANDWICHES!!!!!11111 My gay brother painted houses (exteriors) for years until his back gave out. So yeah, I know it's a stereotype.

• Love 7

It's in perfect order with Duggar logic, though. What's the opposite of gay? Dirty manual labor and machines! As far as their views on gay women, fundies are always a little murkier on that. I have no idea what a corresponding picture of a J'girl would depict. Joy scowling at a bag of golf clubs?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, abstractstuff said:

Back in the day my Grammy would have said they are gonna get worms.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Aja said:

It's in perfect order with Duggar logic, though. What's the opposite of gay? Dirty manual labor and machines! As far as their views on gay women, fundies are always a little murkier on that. I have no idea what a corresponding picture of a J'girl would depict. Joy scowling at a bag of golf clubs?

Yes, that was my point. :D

• Love 3
On 6/29/2016 at 7:15 AM, humbleopinion said:

Infantilized, emasculated, under educated, fed with arrogant convictions from birth is how the D boys have been blessfully reared by mizshell and jimblobby.

Am sure there are fundie princesses who would love to be on TLC (a whole season devoted to the courtship and another one devoted to the wedding-Cousin Amy didn't get her own season) but the Josh stank is too much for any respectable families to let their daughters be tainted.

One would like to believe that the fathers of the young women in question would love their daughters enough to NOT saddle them with a Duggar son, let alone horrible and controlling in-laws.

Imagine spending the holidays (hell, an hour on a Tuesday) with Kim Jong Boob and J-Chelle.

• Love 1

The twins can hop on a couple of new bandwagon shows. Just saw an ad somewhere for a new show called "Teenage Newlyweds", they can mix that with 'Arranged', and 'Say yes to the Dress', 'Married at first sight' ... so many options out there to make a boy wedding interesting. 

We haven't talked about JD lately. Do you all think there is any hope for him to have a real job, someone to love, and a shred of independence? I wonder if Boob has even made it known in Fundyland that JD is available. He's not going to get by on his looks, but I feel sorry for him.  He is a lost soul and doesn't seem to have much to look forward to. What a miserable life.

• Love 1

I think JD is going to have to go the Zach route and find someone who is close enough and willing to at least pretend to go along with the superficial aspects of Duggardom. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Are they grooming one of the twins to fly the plane?  Seriously, he's the one most chained to the TTH simply because he's the most employable in the real world. 

eta: A Duggar paradox. Never thought I'd write those two words in conjunction. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I get so sad for these fundie kids who have no choice but to be married off to someone of daddy's choosing. It's their only means of escape and marriage isn't for everyone.  These kids have no options really but to sit around and pray for a spouse . What a depressing life.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Beaner said:

We haven't talked about JD lately. Do you all think there is any hope for him to have a real job, someone to love, and a shred of independence? I wonder if Boob has even made it known in Fundyland that JD is available. He's not going to get by on his looks, but I feel sorry for him.  He is a lost soul and doesn't seem to have much to look forward to. What a miserable life.

What JD needs is friends. He is a homely and shy guy, but he appears to at least work. Also, in the world of fundie guys, I think he's pretty laid-back and would be okay with a wife who worked, or went to school, or didn't want kids, etc. He needs to be able to hang out with groups of young people and be put in the proximity of enough girls that (maybe) some of the Boob in him wears off, and he meets someone who actually likes him.

There is no way that any fundie girl who is waiting for her one and only Prince Charming, who will only be allowed to HOLD HANDS with one man for her entire lifetime, is going to be interested in him. 

• Love 4

I was hopeful for JD last year (?) when he was driving for that young religious music group.  In the pictures he seemed to be having a good time with them.  There were men and women and they dressed like typical young people.  There were pictures of him playing checkers with one of the girls and everyone joking around.  He needs to do more of that to be exposed to christians who are not as crazy as his parents.  I think the right woman could probably lure him away from Duggarville.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

I get so sad for these fundie kids who have no choice but to be married off to someone of daddy's choosing. It's their only means of escape and marriage isn't for everyone.  These kids have no options really but to sit around and pray for a spouse . What a depressing life.  

You're right it is sad, but they do have options. They are legal adults. Unfortunately none of them, for a variety of reasons, choose to take responsibility for their own lives. 

• Love 1