Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Marigold said:

i think the timing was stratigically planned to ensure another season of Counting On

Agreed. They pretty much hid him for 6 months to a year, and dusted him off when needed. Interesting to see just how tightly the Duggar machine operates behind the scenes.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Someone please find some video of Jeremy playing soccer.

GIF it to taunt Michelle and defraud her dreams.

If Jeremy is the type to bait the ATF into a compound standoff then Jessa is the gal you want on YOUR side of the barricade.

She'll be nursing 2 babies as she gun battles with the Feds.

Jessa Duggar: The Fundy Equivalent of Squeaky Fromme. 

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

The bolded made me think of Dana Carvey's Church Lady!

What I wouldn't give to have church lady give us some commentary on the Duggars and their spouses.

Speshul

Here ya go...I found this little gem

http://quotesgram.com/img/bull-hurley-meme-quotes/L1suxYg9mH/

Wish granted! Enjoy!  File was too big to attach...was the best I could do!

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

The Jinger/Lawson speculation never panned out.

IMHO of course but I think the Bateseseses would rather down a smoothie spiked with ground glass than have Kim Jong Boob for an in-law.

One has to wonder if this was communicated to the children of courtin' age as well.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

IMHO of course but I think the Bateseseses would rather down a smoothie spiked with ground glass than have Kim Jong Boob for an in-law.

One has to wonder if this was communicated to the children of courtin' age as well.

Just wanted to let you all know that this was quite possibly the highlight of my week!  I will forever call him that now. 

• Love 2

LOL, he's Italian, as am I. I really can't imagine our ER scenario aside from a lot of yelling.  :D

Brought this over from the Jill and Derick thread.

I was thinking about the Italian families that I know, and how incredibly alien they would be to the Duggars -- warm and loving, and very physically demonstrative. 

The Duggars are so weird and cold and disconnected from each other, that it makes me uncomfortable to watch them interact. I can't even imagine what it would look like juxtaposed with a large Italian family hugging and kissing, talking and laughing, teasing and poking each other. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Brought this over from the Jill and Derick thread.

I was thinking about the Italian families that I know, and how incredibly alien they would be to the Duggars -- warm and loving, and very physically demonstrative. 

The Duggars are so weird and cold and disconnected from each other, that it makes me uncomfortable to watch them interact. I can't even imagine what it would look like juxtaposed with a large Italian family hugging and kissing, talking and laughing, teasing and poking each other. 

I know, all that kissing and frontal hugging would be sooooooooo defrauding!

It will just be odd to watch this guy following the rules of letting a chaperone follow him, or have Boob grinning while watching the happy season-savers skype. We knew Derrick and Ben were dweebs so they were going along with it, but it's just not going to 'fit' this man being watched so closely. 

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, sometimesy said:

It will just be odd to watch this guy following the rules of letting a chaperone follow him, or have Boob grinning while watching the happy season-savers skype. We knew Derrick and Ben were dweebs so they were going along with it, but it's just not going to 'fit' this man being watched so closely. 

Ikr? This guy was probably banging girls left and right while he played in Europe and he's going to go out for milkshakes with Jinger and her buddy team? The things people do for fame, oops, I mean love...

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I know! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Why would a party boy that probably has had sex before want to convert to becoming a fundie freak? (I hope he gets tested for STD's before he gets married. I'm worried he might have something) IF he was raised Catholic some of his upbringing has to come out somehow. You just can't change over night. 

And back to the discussion of being Italian......I can't believe Boob is ok with his daughter marrying someone so ethnic and with a TAT no less.

• Love 2

@Fuzzysox, Jeremy was raised fundie. Homeschooled for several years. And his dad is a fundie preacher. His website bio talks somewhat vaguely about his falling into sin, apparently during his college/soccer playing years. But he has now returned to his fundie origins. 

• Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I know! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Why would a party boy that probably has had sex before want to convert to becoming a fundie freak?

He's so busy in his "ministry" teaching others to self-loathe for various reasons that I keep wondering what it was that triggered big-time self-loathing in him. Seems as if you'd have to feel that yourself to be so committed to pushing it on others. I suppose it could be some sort of delayed reactive guilt over having left his family's apparent way to become a party boy for some years. ...

Or else he's just really really really pissed off that his athletic career didn't go the way he'd hoped, so he's decided to take it out on everybody. ...

Of course, just because he's ostensibly signing up for life married to a Duggar doesn't necessarily mean that he's actually committed to walking the narrow fundie way himself once he gets established, I suppose. He could be Joshley 2.0, inwardly plotting (consciously or un-) to walk on the wild side while talking the fundie line to a gullible congregation, since that's a grift he knows how to do because of his family background. (And it provides much more of an ego boost than the entry-level jobs he could get with what appears to be a general business degree. Using that, he'd have to work his way into a position of power and ego strokes. As a "pastor," he gets those right away.)

I think the Duggar-in-laws might contribute a new collective noun to the language. You've got a pride of lions and a murder of crows. And in Bin, Der and Jer, you've got a mockery of ministers.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Yes, it will be interesting. I think Jer will fit in just fine with the Duggars & their way of thinking.  He'll move right in leaving all his worldly ways at the door.  Boob has to love Jer -  he is an example of what Boob believes in.  How college  is bad & useless &leads to disastrous lives.  Luckily Jer found it in his heart to change his ways by becoming a preacher. 

On a side note, hopefully Jer can teach Derick some soccer skills.

11 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jimknob is going to refer to Mr Vuolo as an "eye-talian" at some point on Jinger Loves Jeremy

I actually can't wait to see this along with his pronunciation of Vuolo.

• Love 7

The only positive of this upcoming hitching ceremony is another very special episode that Josh CAN'T show his sorry, puffy, depraved self.

Hope TLC keeps Michelle's and Jim Blob's face time to the absolute minimum but keep their stupidest and most egregious social faux pas in the show for our amusement.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

@Fuzzysox, Jeremy was raised fundie. Homeschooled for several years. And his dad is a fundie preacher. His website bio talks somewhat vaguely about his falling into sin, apparently during his college/soccer playing years. But he has now returned to his fundie origins. 

Again I'm trying to wrap my head around that! Seriously and Italian fundie is so beyond strange to me. I have yet to met one that wasn't Catholic but then again I live in Chicago the majority of us are Catholic. Never met a fundie ever.

• Love 6
(edited)

I just Googled a bit. I think Jeremy's father is Chuck Vuolo, who is now preaching at a small church, New Life Community Church, in Maryland.

And as far as I can tell, Jeremy's mother Diana Vuolo founded and runs a nonprofit, which involves the children of prisoners in music and provides mentoring for them. It's called SWAN and seems kind of cool, IMO. According to their website 1 in 28 kids in the US has an incarcerated parent. Holy carp! That's a staggering statistic. I have mad respect for Ms. Vuolo for doing that. 

Edited by Jeeves
to fix the URL for SWAN. They started in PA and now have an operation in Texas too.
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

They better name the first kid Deloris.

Oh no! Dolores would be deemed to be "too Catholic" per their silly reasoning, even if was the name of a grandmother or beloved auntie...It means "pains" in Spanish and was popular among Spanish Catholics for a while. I always thought Soledad was a cool name until hubs told me it means solitary and isolated, so not wanting to wish that on a daughter....then Montserrat  is another Spanish name which is the site of a convent. It's my SIL middle name. 

I do remember that Seinfeld episode...that was hilarious.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just realized that if this thread was based solely on the girls it would now read,

The Lonely J's Club: Jana

Ouch. 

Jana needs her own thread. I've never been a fan of how they only get threads when courting/married. Seems like that reinforces that they are worthless until married. 

Joy's on the market now, too, Btw.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe Jessa Blessa clued Jinger into the threaten to elope scheme. Jinger is well of age and while she wants JB's permission maybe Jeremy told her she doesn't really need it. 

You know she did! Jeremy at least might be closer to his chronological age in maturity, so I picture him telling Boob to take a hike.  Jinger is legally an adult. They could elope and with them goes the next season.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jana needs her own thread. I've never been a fan of how they only get threads when courting/married. Seems like that reinforces that they are worthless until married. 

Jana: Bullet Dodger or Miserable Old Maid?

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You know she did! Jeremy at least might be closer to his chronological age in maturity, so I picture him telling Boob to take a hike.  Jinger is legally an adult. They could elope and with them goes the next season.

Jinger is going to do whatever she's told to do. I don't know if they completely broke her spirit and steamrolled her, or if the 'Free Jinger, she's the spunky one' was just a misinterpretation of a teen rolling her eyes. 

Jinger always came off to me as the Gretchen Weiner to Jessa's Regina George. Not that bright and definitely a follower, even when she's being bullied.

All the eye rolling, etc. - I also interpreted that as more of a "my family is soooooo coooool, and holy, and fetch, and everyone else just doesn't get it. You're lame. Ima roll my eyes and act cool, even though I'm a huge dork that has no clue what cool is. You wish you were us." This was particularly obvious when they met Ben's sisters and Jinger just had this smug 'you wish you were one of the Fundie Plastics' smirk the whole time.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jimknob is going to refer to Mr Vuolo as an "eye-talian" at some point on Jinger Loves Jeremy

Let's put a quarter in the jar everytime he makes a "mama mia" or "that'sa spicy meatball" comment. We'll be rich quick.

• Love 11
(edited)

This is a tiny nitpick, but Joseph is a lonely J too. He does a good job flying under the radar.

ETA: Thanks for changing the banner! I just can't get over how JJCO focused on Joy Anna courting when Joseph and Josiah didn't get harassed as well. I know she a J'girl, but she had barely turned 18.  I understand Josiah had just come off a break up. Hopefully, Joseph is putting his foot down and not playing the TLC courtship game.  

Edited by birkenstock
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Random thought:  Was this "courtship" announced because Carlin Bates is courting and Boob wanted to bring the interest back to the Duggers?  

I'm sure the Bates timing was considered by JB somehow. Except the Carlin-Bobby courtship will actually be fun to watch bc Carlin is LOUD and speaks her mind. I highly doubt she'll just be saying "aww that's so sweet" and "yes dear" and exchanging scripture with Bobby the whole time. I assume we'll see them going places, having some amount of fun, her teasing Bobby etc. Even on the first episode with Bobby, he jumped in to help cook a meal for the family bc the family was doing an event where the guys were cooking and serving; and then the guys sang a song to the girls and he jumped right in on that too. They just seem like real people and a real family over there -- not just Prozac-ed people with fake smiles purposing to serve the Lord. And the couple kind of let it slip that they aren't doing group texts -- though Bobby is very aware that his loud girlfriend is probably sharing/showing texts to her family.

JB is VERY lucky that he is on a bigger channel than the Bates bc if they were both on TLC, JB's crew would not have a chance -- bc they are SOOOO boring.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Again I'm trying to wrap my head around that! Seriously and Italian fundie is so beyond strange to me. I have yet to met one that wasn't Catholic but then again I live in Chicago the majority of us are Catholic. Never met a fundie ever.

They exist. Quite a few in my own family. It's different in the South. Lots of Italians came to work in stone quarries, mines, etc., and pretty much assimilated everything - religion, names, etc., especially in more rural or isolated areas where just about everybody else was Protestant, or if a man who wasn't particularly religious immigrated without any family and married into a Protestant family, etc. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Kind of like the Amish kids who return to the fold after rumspringa. I am sure I misspelled that. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
(edited)
49 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They exist. Quite a few in my own family. It's different in the South. Lots of Italians came to work in stone quarries, mines, etc., and pretty much assimilated everything - religion, names, etc., especially in more rural or isolated areas where just about everybody else was Protestant, or if a man who wasn't particularly religious immigrated without any family and married into a Protestant family, etc. 

The Vuolos are from suburban Philly. From what people who know the family have said, this branch of the tree definitely broke away from its Catholic roots. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Even though there are a heckuva lot of northern European fundies and they might make up a large majority, I think there are probably fundies from literally every ethinic background. I know of Italian, Indian, Chinese, Somalian and Russian Jewish fundies, for example. It seems kinda odd in many of these cases, but I guess personality types and experiences-that-push-you-toward certain religious ideas transcend ethnic lines pretty completely -- and often trump cultural traditions from your past.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

We have to keep in mind that to most old school Italian Catholics, anyone not old school Italian Catholic is pretty much lumped together = 'high church' protestants, mid range evangelicals, and Duggar fundies. Looks like this Holy Goalie is pretty much fundie though. 

In that pic with her parents, Jeremy looks just like EVERY Italian guy I went to high school with in my highly Italian Catholic hometown -- about 45 min from where Jeremy grew up. So she landed herself a relatively hot guy. Though I'd find him hotter if he was doing something that wasn't just a BS-I-don't-want-to-work-a-real-job-so-I'll-preach ministry. What it is with all these fake ministers?? If they are SOOO into faith, why not go to seminary and be a real minister? This guy could probably do it given that he went to college and therefore presumably reads at more than an 8th grade level unlike his future wife and inlaws.

I hope he has watched the show enough to realize what he's getting. While Derick thought Jill was all cool -- happy, bubbly, and pursuing her own "midwifery" career -- once they got married, he realized he had a stage 5 clinger on his hands who couldn't even bare to be away from him 8 hrs a day so he could hold down a job and insisted on driving him too and from work and eating lunch in his cafeteria. Derick is a wuss so he took that kind of smothering. But this guy has been on his own, traveled, likely had other girlfriends and/or hook ups -- is he going to take it as well when Jinger can't let him go to the bathroom in peace bc she "misses" him so much??

• Love 4
On June 24, 2016 at 0:29 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

What the hell is up with JimBoob's "smile"? Nothing says, "Welcome to the family" like gritting your chipmunk chompers. At least Michelle looks pleasant. 

Look at the body language in this pic.  Both Michelle and Jinger are making fists.  There is some anger or hostility there...and Sponge Bob's chipmunk grin.  Looks like he is uncomfortable too.  Jeremy is the only one who looks relaxed.

• Love 3

Sorry, this is the pic I was referring to in my previous post.  Posted again 'cause  I'm a doofus and hit the wrong clicky thingy and didn't realize it until just now.  Must be distracted by Jim Bob's grin.

image.jpeg

I didn't realize Jinger was roughly Michelle's height, especially considering Jinger is probably on heels and Michelle is continuing to shrink.

8+ kids and Jinger may shrink below 5ft.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Look at the body language in this pic.  Both Michelle and Jinger are making fists.  There is some anger or hostility there...and Sponge Bob's chipmunk grin.  Looks like he is uncomfortable too.  Jeremy is the only one who looks relaxed.

What do they have to be angry or hostile about? Isn't the goal of every girl in that house (except Jana and JoyAnna) -- marry a hottie who allows me to leave the TTC, even though he can't provide financially bc he's yet another BS minister?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

...I can't believe Boob is ok with his daughter marrying someone so ethnic and with a TAT no less.

Ooooh, a TAT, really?  He defamed the Temple of the Lord?  Do tell!

6 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

New title!  In December the twins hit 18, so there will be 2 more.  7 unmarried adults at Christmas, assuming Jinger is married by then.

That really is mind boggling.  7 aimless, un-self-supporting, unmarried adults at home, not pursuing an education or solid career.  Wow.  And the married adults are not self supporting or pursuing actual careers, either.    

• Love 7