Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

But he was still allowed to see them as long as Anna was around, whether at his home or where he's staying. 
"Though the judge noted that she "cannot in good conscience" release Duggar to his pregnant wife Anna and their children, she granted him "unlimited contact" with the kids, so long as Anna is present."

Your original post was referring to him being at home. That's what I was responding to specifically--he was not at home when this happened because he's not been allowed to be at home for months. That is quite a separate issue from the terms for him being around his kids. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

There were too many other kids running around the TTH and Josh was only allowed to be around his own kids.

Maybe she was trying to escape her shit show of a family. 

I bet she was looking for the warehouse and her mommy. It was naptime, so I doubt anyone looked in on the kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m not convinced that Jessa and Joy still don’t think Josh was being persecuted for his religion. And I’m not sure Jinger has many thoughts about anything at all.

Answering in Josh thread. 

23 hours ago, cereality said:

Where are people getting details - like which kid it was; what road; what time; what Jana said? Are plea documents available? Is there reporting somewhere?

I've seen a lot of this stuff on Reddit:

https://libredd.it/r/DuggarsSnark

and websleuths:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/jana-duggar-charged-with-endangering-the-welfare-of-a-minor-sept-2021.605024/

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

WOACB is the only reporting the identity of the child and she is not an honest and reliable source. I don't know if which child it is and I'm not going to identify the child until we have confirmation. It may have Anna's 2 year old and it may have been a different child. 

Jessa, Joy, John David, and Anna have all dropped kids off at the TTH. Maybe Kendra or Lauren too? Jill hasn't done so in years. But it could be any number of kids. I think if it was an M kid, Jana would know she was babysitting. 

• Love 5

I wonder why Jana hasn’t  gotten a deferral arrangement.  That is often an excellent way to resolve most misdemeanor charges for someone who has no criminal record.  The defendant agrees to do community service, get education or counseling, stays in school or employed, gets no more charges, and returns in 6-12 months for the charge to be dismissed by prosecutor. Then, they can get their record expunged, so there’s no record of it anywhere and they can legally say they’ve never been charged with anything.  I’m not licensed in AR but I think this type of program is common in most states.  Deferral programs are even available for some felonies.  I don’t get this insistence on a trial, when a deferral program is a certain dismissal.  A trial is a risk…..even if you have a strong case. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7

First of all, I'm a little skittish that WOACB disclosed the name of the minor whether it is true or not. I realize that child endangerment is not the same level of victimization as that for the children who were molested by Smuggar or who were otherwise victims of CSA, but it is still a minor. 

I feel that there needs to be some level of intention happening here in order to distinguish from not being charged for an accident versus being charged. Willful child endangerment, if you will.  It's one thing to call CPS or the cops. But often times a CPS investigation turns up unfounded and it doesn't mean it results in a charge, or a cop may let off someone with a warning if it was accidental and there were no priors. It makes me wonder if Jana had this happen before and was left off with a warning in the past...

13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

A citation I saw lists endangering the welfare of a minor - 3rd degree.

Description in Arkansas:

152F9CD6-E33D-4D77-80BA-1EFD9E386EF4.jpeg

"Recklessly engages in conduct" - hard to link that with "falling asleep." 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

First of all, I'm a little skittish that WOACB disclosed the name of the minor whether it is true or not. I realize that child endangerment is not the same level of victimization as that for the children who were molested by Smuggar or who were otherwise victims of CSA, but it is still a minor. 

I feel that there needs to be some level of intention happening here in order to distinguish from not being charged for an accident versus being charged. Willful child endangerment, if you will.  It's one thing to call CPS or the cops. But often times a CPS investigation turns up unfounded and it doesn't mean it results in a charge, or a cop may let off someone with a warning if it was accidental and there were no priors. It makes me wonder if Jana had this happen before and was left off with a warning in the past...

"Recklessly engages in conduct" - hard to link that with "falling asleep." 

I saw that too. What does it look like to “recklessly fall asleep”? 😀😅

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

But, I really do wish it was Michelle...

Indeed. Meechelle's the one who'll be getting a golden crown and a special throne right near Jesus for producing all these grandbabies. The aunt moms get nothing out of the deal except thankless work taking care of them all the time.

I doubt the correct Jesus would allow a childless spinster much more than a folding chair down by the laundry in Duggar heaven, no matter how many of those grandbabies she raised. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I keep thinking how pathetic it is if the reason the child was wandering was that Jana fell asleep.  And I don't mean that Jana is pathetic I mean the situation - This is a 31 year old single women buried in a family of super breeders.  We have no idea what her day to day responsibilities are but we've seen her on the show and in news stories watching the younger siblings and managing the house; watching nieces and nephews, going on shopping trips and wrangling the kids while Mom and Dad browse and going on trips with the married couples just to be an extra babysitter.  We know she tends her garden for real (it's not just a TV stunt garden), she helps school the younger kids and I don't think it's a stretch to say she likely took on chores that Grandma Duggar used to do.  So what's really pathetic is she's been raised to believe that this is her responsibility in life until she's married.  Instead of the family having as many kids as they can handle and primarily raising those kids themselves they allow her to be the dumping ground for childcare.  I think the poor girl is just plain exhausted and it caught up with her at the worst time.

I agree and I wish Jana would move out and live on her own.  If Sarah Maxwell can do it then so can Jana.

• Love 18

I find this whole thing really curious because we all know this is far from the first mishap involving the Duggars and improperly supervised kids (the orchestra pit, the airport, the kid with her head in the bannister). It seems weird that this is the first time they've gotten into legal trouble for something that really does happen to a lot of people. It seems to me that either the fine and over it folks in Tonitown are having a bit of a crack down now that the mighty have fallen or, and I think this is more likely, there's more to it than a tiny escape artist running away at nap time. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I find this whole thing really curious because we all know this is far from the first mishap involving the Duggars and improperly supervised kids (the orchestra pit, the airport, the kid with her head in the bannister). It seems weird that this is the first time they've gotten into legal trouble for something that really does happen to a lot of people. It seems to me that either the fine and over it folks in Tonitown are having a bit of a crack down now that the mighty have fallen or, and I think this is more likely, there's more to it than a tiny escape artist running away at nap time. 

Maybe this is because someone else noticed and called the cops. If a Duggar found the missing kid, no one would know.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

The family is under more scrutiny right now.   Before it was "oh this happens to most families, kids wander off."   Now, WAIT, you knew all this bad stuff and just ... tried to pray it away?   What ELSE is going on?   So minor stuff doesn't get overlooked anymore.   Unfortunately Jana IS being dumped on by everyone so she is on the hook if anything happens to the kids.   But the authorities need to ask a serious question -- where was the PARENT of the child at the time?   Not that parents have to be with their kids 24/7 but choices have to be made.   If it was one of the M kids, and Mom was choosing to spend her time taking care of her grown ass husband instead of her own kids that might be something the authorities want to explore further.   Like what OTHER neglect is going on, even if it does not raise to the level of a crime.   

Jana will probably get what is called in my state PBJ.   It's a misdemeanor, the child was not actually harmed, just COULD have been harmed.   A PBJ is probation before judgment.  What that means is, she has to do some things probably like child care classes, pay a fine and stay out of trouble for a set period of time.   IF that happens, the record is wiped clean.   She still has to enter the PBJ agreement on the record though which is why there is still a hearing set for January.   You can't just sign off on the agreement out of court and be done.   

In my state we also have what is called CINA - Child in Need of Assistance.   It's civil, not criminal.   But its basically something is going on with the kid(s) and the family needs watching.  Not enough to take the kids, or the kids have been taken and there is a reunification plan.   There are regular court hearings.   The kids have court appointed attorneys who look out for their interests (to avoid any bias by the parents paying).   The court has broad powers to order pretty much ANYTHING in the best interest of the kids.   If the Court says the kids will be in therapy with a court appointed therapist, those kids go.   If the parents object, the kids can be taken away and put in foster care if they aren't already.   The parents can even be jailed for contempt until they comply.   The parents can be ordered to participate in therapy too.   Not necessarily of their own choosing.

I can see this family being headed towards something like this if this exists in Arkansas.   I think the authorites in Tonitown are not as enamored of the Duggars as the Duggars think they are.   With Joshie going down, the authorities might feel safer to act.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I keep thinking how pathetic it is if the reason the child was wandering was that Jana fell asleep.  And I don't mean that Jana is pathetic I mean the situation - This is a 31 year old single women buried in a family of super breeders.  We have no idea what her day to day responsibilities are but we've seen her on the show and in news stories watching the younger siblings and managing the house; watching nieces and nephews, going on shopping trips and wrangling the kids while Mom and Dad browse and going on trips with the married couples just to be an extra babysitter.  We know she tends her garden for real (it's not just a TV stunt garden), she helps school the younger kids and I don't think it's a stretch to say she likely took on chores that Grandma Duggar used to do.  So what's really pathetic is she's been raised to believe that this is her responsibility in life until she's married.  Instead of the family having as many kids as they can handle and primarily raising those kids themselves they allow her to be the dumping ground for childcare.  I think the poor girl is just plain exhausted and it caught up with her at the worst time.

IDK, she’s seen women like Laura who have actual jobs. She wants to continue living off JB and not have to work in the “real world.” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The family is under more scrutiny right now.   Before it was "oh this happens to most families, kids wander off."   Now, WAIT, you knew all this bad stuff and just ... tried to pray it away?   What ELSE is going on?   So minor stuff doesn't get overlooked anymore.   Unfortunately Jana IS being dumped on by everyone so she is on the hook if anything happens to the kids.   But the authorities need to ask a serious question -- where was the PARENT of the child at the time?   Not that parents have to be with their kids 24/7 but choices have to be made.   If it was one of the M kids, and Mom was choosing to spend her time taking care of her grown ass husband instead of her own kids that might be something the authorities want to explore further.   Like what OTHER neglect is going on, even if it does not raise to the level of a crime.   

Jana will probably get what is called in my state PBJ.   It's a misdemeanor, the child was not actually harmed, just COULD have been harmed.   A PBJ is probation before judgment.  What that means is, she has to do some things probably like child care classes, pay a fine and stay out of trouble for a set period of time.   IF that happens, the record is wiped clean.   She still has to enter the PBJ agreement on the record though which is why there is still a hearing set for January.   You can't just sign off on the agreement out of court and be done.   

In my state we also have what is called CINA - Child in Need of Assistance.   It's civil, not criminal.   But its basically something is going on with the kid(s) and the family needs watching.  Not enough to take the kids, or the kids have been taken and there is a reunification plan.   There are regular court hearings.   The kids have court appointed attorneys who look out for their interests (to avoid any bias by the parents paying).   The court has broad powers to order pretty much ANYTHING in the best interest of the kids.   If the Court says the kids will be in therapy with a court appointed therapist, those kids go.   If the parents object, the kids can be taken away and put in foster care if they aren't already.   The parents can even be jailed for contempt until they comply.   The parents can be ordered to participate in therapy too.   Not necessarily of their own choosing.

I can see this family being headed towards something like this if this exists in Arkansas.   I think the authorites in Tonitown are not as enamored of the Duggars as the Duggars think they are.   With Joshie going down, the authorities might feel safer to act.  

I had questioned why she wasn’t in a deferral program, due to reading her case was set for trial in Jan.  Perhaps, that is inaccurate.  The deferral plan makes more sense. 

• Useful 2
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

If it was one of the M kids, and Mom was choosing to spend her time taking care of her grown ass husband instead of her own kids that might be something the authorities want to explore further.  Like what OTHER neglect is going on, even if it does not raise to the level of a crime.   

I'm curious why this would be a reason to explore it further. I've never heard of having to have certain reasons for having a babysitter.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm curious why this would be a reason to explore it further. I've never heard of having to have certain reasons for having a babysitter.

I haven’t either, but parents do have some responsibility for choosing an appropriate person to babysit their kids. If those parents know they’re leaving their kids with a babysitter who already has a dozen kids to watch, that’s bad judgment.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, lascuba said:

It's so disturbing that, allegedly, no one noticed she was gone until someone else noticed her on the road. That is a long time to lose track of a toddler. 

I wonder how many times this has happened with a Duggar child/grandchild and they were just lucky that the kid was unhurt and that no "outsider" saw and reported it?

Michelle would probably dismiss it as "just something that all kids do".

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I haven’t either, but parents do have some responsibility for choosing an appropriate person to babysit their kids. If those parents know they’re leaving their kids with a babysitter who already has a dozen kids to watch, that’s bad judgment.

I agree, in the context of what we know about the Duggars and based on the assumption that Anna left the kids to make headship eyes at her pedo husband, that the blame is all on Anna and the wider clan for taking advantage of Cinderjana for decades. That being said, on paper, Anna left the kids with a trusted family member who has (tragically) 25 years of child care experience and it's hard to know how many kids we're talking about. On the low end, the lost girls don't need anywhere near constant supervision and they are old enough (as are Jackson and JTyler) to help keep an eye on the 2 - 3 Mkids that need more intense watching, in which case I can't see the authorities blaming Anna. On other extreme, if Joe, Jessa, Joy, Josiah and JD are treating the TTH as a drop-in day care the number could be 12-13 tiny kids at any given time, in which case all of the parents should be getting the side-eye.  

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I agree, in the context of what we know about the Duggars and based on the assumption that Anna left the kids to make headship eyes at her pedo husband, that the blame is all on Anna and the wider clan for taking advantage of Cinderjana for decades.. That being said, on paper, Anna left the kids with a trusted family member who has (tragically) 25 years of child care experience and it's hard to know how many kids we're talking about. On the low end, the lost girls don't need anywhere near constant supervision and they are old enough (as are Jackson and JTyler) to help keep an eye on the 2 - 3 Mkids that need more intense watching. On the high side, if Joe, Jessa, Joy, Josiah and JD are treating the TTH as a drop-in day care the number could be 12-13 tiny kids at any given time. 

And shouldn’t some of those kids have been in “school” at that time? Who am I kidding - I’m sure their homeschooling only lasts a hour or 2 a day. I wish that was something the state could investigate. I know we’ve discussed this before, but I consider the inability to provide your kids a basic education to be abuse also. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 14

I doubt the m kids have been at the TTH any more or less than they usually are. I would bet they are part of SOTDT whenever it happens. and are with the usual group of grazing snack eaters, indoor bike and scooter riders, etc. Kynzie most likely hauls them over in the golf cart every morning to spend the day if the aren't actually staying overnight.

we have seen no indication JD/Abbie, Joe/Kendra, Josiah/Lauren use the TTH house as a drop off childcare location. Jessa and Joy seem to be there more often, but from pics it looks like they stay

• Love 4

Don’t parents at the minimum in Arkansas have to file some kind of paperwork with the state regarding their homeschooling plans? At least the name of the alleged “teacher?” And isn’t it supposed to be a parent? I assume Anna filed stating she was doing the homeschooling for her kids. But who knows?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It's one thing to leave your kids with a babysitter because you have to go work or care for a sick relative or even just a night out with friends.   It's another to dump your kids on your sister in law because you are spending all your time with your husband who can't be around kids.   A husband who was not sick as in needing care, who can feed and dress himself.   It's goes to neglect.   And judgment quite frankly.    She chose to wait on her husband rather than care for her small children who can't care for themselves.

Though I don't work for DCF, I do work with parents with DCF involvement. Getting a babysitter is seen as good judgement by DCF. Many DCF plans actually include parents agreeing to use a sitter if they're going to engage in things like drinking alcohol or using drugs. So if Anna was going to be intimate with her (scummy) husband, getting a babysitter is appropriate. And Josh was only accused of a crime then.

Also, at this point I don't think its been shown that Anna made a habit of dumping her kids excessively, to see Josh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Still, the timing. This happened three months ago but is just now being leaked - the day after the trial. Why?

Because the Duggars have to keep being on the news or else millions of adorning fans will forget about them. 

• Love 3

I don't think this was a Duggar leak (or at least not a Duggar who supports the empire leak). In IBLP world, providing child care is one of a woman's only two jobs (the other being giving birth), and Jana not only failed at that, she failed in a way that drew even more negative heathen attention to this "godly" family.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Don’t parents at the minimum in Arkansas have to file some kind of paperwork with the state regarding their homeschooling plans? At least the name of the alleged “teacher?” And isn’t it supposed to be a parent? I assume Anna filed stating she was doing the homeschooling for her kids. But who knows?

The Arkansas homeschool laws have tightened up a tiny bit over the past few years, but they're still extremely loose. They do bar you from homeschooling if a registered sex offender lives in your home (not the case in every state). Basically, the Arkansas laws amount to the state covering its ass by collecting a bunch of statements from homeschooling parents in which the parents agree that, since they're homeschooling, every consequence of the kids' education, good or bad, is entirely the parents' responsibility. 

You have to send in a form each August stating that you'll be homeschooling kids x, y and z who are ages a, b and c. (or send in a form a few weeks in advance if you decide to start homeschooling mid-year).  The homeschooling parents have to affirm that they're wholly responsible for the education of and educational choices made for the children ages 5 through 17 who are being homeschooled, and as long as there is no registered sex offender living in the home, there aren't really any other requirements. 

The teacher can be literally anyone the parents choose. What that amounts to is that it can, in fact, be noone. You can just plunk them in front of a computer -- or a tv or a trash fire, if you want to --  and tell them to teach themselves. No requirement that parents must do the schooling, tell the state who is doing the schooling, or choose a teacher who meets any requirement whatsoever. No immunizations or anything like that are required. There are no curricular requirements. 

So there's nothing to file except the annual form listing the kids you intend to homeschool that year, and your address and other contact information. And since the Duggars have been homeschooling for years, somebody probably reminded Anna she needed to do this last summer or filled out the form so all she had to do was sign it, I'd guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The Arkansas homeschool laws have tightened up a tiny bit over the past few years, but they're still extremely loose. They do bar you from homeschooling if a registered sex offender lives in your home (not the case in every state). Basically, the Arkansas laws amount to the state covering its ass by collecting a bunch of statements from homeschooling parents in which the parents agree that, since they're homeschooling, every consequence of the kids' education, good or bad, is entirely the parents' responsibility. 

You have to send in a form each August stating that you'll be homeschooling kids x, y and z who are ages a, b and c. (or send in a form a few weeks in advance if you decide to start homeschooling mid-year).  The homeschooling parents have to affirm that they're wholly responsible for the education of and educational choices made for the children ages 5 through 17 who are being homeschooled, and as long as there is no registered sex offender living in the home, there aren't really any other requirements. 

The teacher can be literally anyone the parents choose. What that amounts to is that it can, in fact, be noone. You can just plunk them in front of a computer -- or a tv or a trash fire, if you want to --  and tell them to teach themselves. No requirement that parents must do the schooling, tell the state who is doing the schooling, or choose a teacher who meets any requirement whatsoever. No immunizations or anything like that are required. There are no curricular requirements. 

So there's nothing to file except the annual form listing the kids you intend to homeschool that year, and your address and other contact information. And since the Duggars have been homeschooling for years, somebody probably reminded Anna she needed to do this last summer or filled out the form so all she had to do was sign it, I'd guess. 

Another huge failure in this country. We’re failing our kids. 😢

• Love 10

Amy's IG Story might have confirmed what happened with Jana. If she was getting her digs in, this was really passive aggressive of her and uncalled for. Must be nice to have only one child to care for with your mom around all the time to babysit as opposed to, you know, being ordered by your abusive Boob Dad to care for like a dozen kids who aren't even yours. Amy needs to check herself. 

Screenshot_20211211-122429_Instagram.jpg

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Call Me Charlie said:

Amy's IG Story might have confirmed what happened with Jana. If she was getting her digs in, this was really passive aggressive of her and uncalled for. Must be nice to have only one child to care for with your mom around all the time to babysit as opposed to, you know, being ordered by your abusive Boob Dad to care for like a dozen kids who aren't even yours. Amy needs to check herself. 

Screenshot_20211211-122429_Instagram.jpg

I may have cracked a smile, but yes it’s unnecessary.

• Love 15