Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That cake looks disgusting. Why are they serving ice cream with it when it's already an ice cream cake? 

Maybe so people could opt for plain ice cream instead of the mess that makes me shudder?  That looks like such a bland "party."

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I recognize that cake from the early specials. Layers of ice cream sandwiches, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in between.

Thanks for letting us know. I was just going to post that it doesn't look like they could have put any less effort into a cake, and that turns out to be a fact.

It appears that the fact that "there's a Jason" registers as little with them as it does with us. You know, you could make a case for all of these "tips and tricks" that they do when the house was full of kids and there were diapers to change, noses to wipe, and laundry to do. Now, the house is stuffed to the ceiling with adults and older children and no one could be bothered to make this kid a cake.

Edited by cmr2014
One more thing . . .
  • Love 18
44 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I recognize that cake from the early specials. Layers of ice cream sandwiches, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in between.

I also like the reusable Happy Birthday banner complete with a different font for the child's name. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Why is there a girly wrapped gift on the table? Does Mullet get a gift on every kids birthday?

Well, she DID deliver every one of them. She SHOULD get something for the effort. *eye roll*

• Love 12
3 hours ago, SMama said:

They couldn’t spring for a store bought cake? The Duggar generic birthday greetings annoy me. Christ, serving, looking forward to the future...

How about giving a few examples of the “so many wonderful memories”? SGirl is only eleven and I can spend 24 straight hours talking about memories. And SGirl came home at sixteen months.  How can you not have anything specific to say about your 18 year old child is beyond belief. Each Duggar bot is just a number. What a miserable existence.

I agree! Plus, the only one with memories of him is Jill. Memories of sitting in the car, waiting for Derick to get off work, doing flash cards at a first grade level. It's astounding to think of all the ways that statement is sad!!!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree! Plus, the only one with memories of him is Jill. Memories of sitting in the car, waiting for Derick to get off work, doing flash cards at a first grade level. It's astounding to think of all the ways that statement is sad!!!

That was James. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Michelle is certainly having fun! Did she preload?

The cake looks like a diorama of a bomb site or something. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 18

In the picture with Ben in front of the cake, who is the young man with the glasses off to the left? Does Ben have a younger brother? Or does James actually have a friend that isn't a relative?

My kids all liked ice cream better than cake & would have loved to have a Duggar-type ice cream cake. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, LillyB said:

Why is there a girly wrapped gift on the table? Does Mullet get a gift on every kids birthday?

That gift bag with the pink hearts & ribbon for a manly Duggar guy is driving me nuts. Was that JB approved? Maybe that's the only gift bag the giver had.  

14 hours ago, Obsidian said:

The cake looks like a little sand pit to me, but thanks for making it, Jana. I laughed when I read the birthday message and it was exactly the generic tripe that Barb23 predicted. 

I did forget the part about being an example for his younger siblings. 

I scanned thru the other pictures. Just some observations:

Couldn't someone have moved what looks like a pile of mail from behind the cake & the bin of plastic cutlery? 

I was also wondering who the mystery guy was near Ben & hope he is a friend.  

As others have said, Poor Josie does need some bangs.  She already has the receding hairline at 8 years old.

Looks like MEchelle got all dressed up for the party as opposed to Joy who looks like she threw on whatever  T-shirt that was available. Jessa is wearing her signature Old Navy swing dress (or whatever it's called).

Boob wasn't in any of these pictures. 

• Love 2
On 4/21/2018 at 4:04 PM, LillyB said:

Probably. And now, since the Jingle corsage, she'll probably demand both a gift and one of those flower-pin-on thingies. 

22 hours ago, floridamom said:

So Jason has a good future ONLY because he's had Jesus Christ  pounded in to his head since birth? What about this young man having a bright future because he is an intelligent, good young person? 

There is no such thing. Even those who've had the correct Jesus pounded into their heads are only good to the extent that Jesus is still stuck in there (why do I picture sandaled feet waving out of the kid's skull like bug feelers?) Jason on his own? Pure crap. Which is why they don't have any memories of him worth discussing? See how it all works? 

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, Absolom said:

Maybe so people could opt for plain ice cream instead of the mess that makes me shudder?  That looks like such a bland "party."

I'm just grossed out at wondering who smashed the ice cream sandwiches.  Did Josie lick the cake?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The black gift bag w/pink hearts. Courtship maybe?

He did buy a house last year.

I don't think he's on the fundie matchmaking circuit for another 2-3 years though. They have to get the Jed/Jer twins married off first.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jason bought a house at 17? I wish we had a way of knowing whether it was his money or he was just a front for Jim Bob and Mullet. 

I would say it was just a front for Jim Bob and Mullet.

6 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

He did buy a house last year.

I don't think he's on the fundie matchmaking circuit for another 2-3 years though. They have to get the Jed/Jer twins married off first.

Wasn’t that James?

1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Whoa! I zoomed in on Josie’s mouth and her teeth are horrendous! That poor child has nothing going for her. I hope the family continues to look after her when Jimblob and Meechelle are gone...

They're not that bad. She's eight. She's probably still losing baby teeth. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Whoa! I zoomed in on Josie’s mouth and her teeth are horrendous! That poor child has nothing going for her. I hope the family continues to look after her when Jimblob and Meechelle are gone...

16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I agree.  Her teeth look a fright because they are coming in. Honestly though, I’m more concerned with how her developmental needs are being met.  If they are at all.   She may need more attention than her SOTDRT cohorts. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I agree.  Her teeth look a fright because they are coming in. Honestly though, I’m more concerned with how her developmental needs are being met.  If they are at all.   She may need more attention than her SOTDRT cohorts. 

To a point...but one of her bottom front teeth seems to have come in with a pretty severe forward tilt and appears to be pushing the corresponding top tooth backward, giving her a sort of one-sided underbite. That's probably going to affect the angles of the rest of her permanent teeth as they come in. Still, all or most of the Duggar girls have had braces, so I'm sure that at least THAT issue will be taken care of. Otherwise I think she is growing into a very pretty girl. The hairline/fivehead is a little bit unfortunate, but easily fixed with a different hairstyle. MEchelle wears her hair with bangs, so obviously there are no qualms about cutting just that as long as the rest of the hair remains long.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

To a point...but one of her bottom front teeth seems to have come in with a pretty severe forward tilt and appears to be pushing the corresponding top tooth backward, giving her a sort of one-sided underbite. That's probably going to affect the angles of the rest of her permanent teeth as they come in. Still, all or most of the Duggar girls have had braces, so I'm sure that at least THAT issue will be taken care of. Otherwise I think she is growing into a very pretty girl. The hairline/fivehead is a little bit unfortunate, but easily fixed with a different hairstyle. MEchelle wears her hair with bangs, so obviously there are no qualms about cutting just that as long as the rest of the hair remains long.

I guess we'll see (or, actually, I hope we don't). The lost girls are basically feral and JB and J'chelled have completely checked out of the whole parenting thing. So, I think, if there's a reason to fix Josie's teeth (like she's being filmed), they might do it, otherwise I think she will be unwashed, unlettered, and un-cared for for the rest of her life.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

The lost girls are basically feral and JB and J'chelled have completely checked out of the whole parenting thing. So, I think, if there's a reason to fix Josie's teeth (like she's being filmed), they might do it, otherwise I think she will be unwashed, unlettered, and un-cared for for the rest of her life.

JB & Michelle may have checked out of the educating, washing, & dressing part of parenthood, but it's pretty clear by the reactions of the Lost Girls they're still involved in the disciplining part. Josie has looked terrified a couple of times when Michelle has corrected her. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

According to my mom, at age three the dentist could tell that I would need braces. He was right, and I had braces for a total of four years. By the the time I was Josie's age, it was obvious that my teeth were problematic (overbite, crowding, gaps). So I don't think it's necessarily too early to tell.

Seriously, thank God for modern orthodontia. My mother and father had braces for a respective seven and eight years, so the genetic odds weren't necessarily in my favor, and I managed to inherit a delightful combination of teeth issues.

Edited by SnarkyShark
  • Love 7

Sometimes the dentists aren’t right. Said grandson wouldn’t need braces. He did. Said granddaughter would need braces. She doesn’t. Johanna has braces so I’m pretty sure Josie will get them too. Well how can I be sure since I don’t live there. But I’d bet a nickel!

• Love 4