Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: The Hangover

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Once again we see Kathryn's sociopathic character on full display. She was so stiff and awkward with Saint-there is literally NO bond there. None. If someone had removed me from my baby boy I would have been overcome with emotion upon seeing and holding him again. I never wanted to be apart from my babies for a minute; I craved their presence. Kathryn is seriousiy lacking in human emotion. Honestly, she is a creep. 

She seems to care a tiny smidgen more about Kensie but just barely. 

Elizabeth is a saint for spending any time at all with the emotional void of Kathryn. 

She really does seem to have no connection to that sweet boy. Did you also notice she said she really misses being with Thomas and the children... Imo it's about Thomas,  and the children are an after thought. 

Are we supposed to believe that Shep  was considering buy that tiny disheveled home? 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8
(edited)

What was the purpose of Shep going to Chelsea's house? He knows she's dating Austen. Or is she? I'm confused. I think she's just a big flirt and playing both Shep and Austen and I don't think she likes either one of them all that much.

I still think he's a dick, but, good for Craig for the home purchase. With Volvo and Boeing plants there now,  Real Estate is skyrocketing in the Charleston and surrounding area's. I don't think he will make any money as a landlord but he will make a nice profit when he sells. Hang on the that house for a few years, Craig! Maybe invest in another one with your BRAVO money while you're at it. Just make sure to take care of repairs when needed and make sure your tenants pay their rent on time. You can't just buy it and forget it!

I had a cat like Gizmo. He sat in my lap and purred while I was driving. When my husband and I would take a walk, he would follow behind us. He was an amazing cat.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

I felt bad for Kathryn this episode. Don't get me wrong, girlfriend is full of terrible mistakes and worse decisions; but to have your (presumably) first interaction with your children after a long period of time happen with an audience has to be awkward in the extreme. I don't necessarily think her uncomfortable interactions mean she's a sociopath, or hasn't bonded with her kids at all, though maybe that's true; but it just seemed awkward and sad to have to deal with seeing them again in front of so many people who so clearly want her to fail.

Jennifer Snowden bugs. A lot. How many times do you get to play victim when Kathryn is mean to you? You know she's mean to you. You know she's angry with you, whether or not those reasons are at all coherent or justified. Why do you expect anything different? Particularly when the presumed role model of Southern graciousness that is Patricia cannot even be bothered to even acknowledge Kathryn? Be grateful you got a wave, and stop acting so damn shocked.

Cameran's thoughts on motherhood are pretty normal, I think; but one thing rubbed me the wrong way here, and that was her admission to her therapist that Jason, instead of discussing things like a normal human being, got all "Gee, I suuuuuuure wish I had a child to teach to fish...." I know next to nothing about this guy, but after this one tidbit I'm predisposed to think he's kind of obnoxious.

Oh, GOD, Landon. Surely there are other aging, wealthy bachelors in Charleston.

• Love 15

Was this Kathryn's first interaction with Kensie and Saint? I thought in one of the previous episodes they showed a brief snippet of the hand off of the kids between Kathryn and I am guessing Thomas' nanny. I do not remember the scene that well, but I thought Thomas was inside speaking about it to someone (I cannot remember who).

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Was this Kathryn's first interaction with Kensie and Saint?

No.  Thomas has said he has sent the kids off to be with their mother.  This is the first time Daddy, Mommy and the two kids have been together in a long time.  It's also the first time Kathryn and Thomas have seen each other in a long time.

• Love 11

Why so much Shep? As if this show isn't enough, we see him on Southern Charm Savannah, too. He also has a show coming out called "Relationshep". That's right, folks. An entire series about this overgrown, aging frat boy who is rapidly loosing his looks, searching for true love. Supposedly, he will be traveling to different cities looking for Mrs. Right. Who at BRAVO has such a hard on for this guy that he is getting all this attention? 

• Love 12

A few notes on this one. Did anyone else catch Thomas drooling over Kathryn when she arrived. He kept saying "you look good" and not in a "you look good cleaned up from the drugs" kind of way. He really lusts for her and it makes me squicky.

I hate when "reality" shows stage things that are so unreal. The whole birthday party in the middle of I don't know where, not even a tree in sight, guests trudging a mile to get there and only cast members was beyond forced. It would have felt so much more real if Thomass had had it in the courtyard of his home. It all just felt so fake and not in a good fun way. 

Patricia, while wildly entertaining, is no true southern lady. Why did she bother to go at all? 

And the previous post of the pic of Kathyrnn and Thomas at lunch looking cozy? I'm confused, is she a mess on drugs who can't see her kids or a drugged out lunatic? Pick a lane guys. 

2 minutes ago, sadie said:

And the previous post of the pic of Kathyrnn and Thomas at lunch looking cozy? I'm confused, is she a mess on drugs who can't see her kids or a drugged out lunatic? Pick a lane guys. 

Sorry meant is she a drugged out lunatic or a lady who lunches looking all fresh faced and normal??  The pic looked like an engagement announcement.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I saw Kensie exclaiming "mommy!" twice in just the footage that was broadcast of the birthday party so I'm befuddled about the idea that Kathryn's daughter might not have recognized her or the premise that they were completely disengaged from each other.

There did seem to be a more substantive disconnect between Kathryn and Saint. 

I think unfortunately that we, the viewers, are grafting our timeline on to the show. We're thinking that Kathryn has been separated from the kids for longer than she has because we're using the broadcast airing as a guide. In reality, Kathryn failed her drug test, bitched for a while, went to rehab, got back, farted around, and saw the kids however often she was allowed to. The failed drug test was in July. Snowden's son was born in September. St. Julien's birthday is in November. All told, less than 6 months has elapsed and she was still getting supervised visits. However, she does seem really disconnected from Saint.

• Love 5

I actually didn't feel like Thomas was lusting after Kathryn at the party-he seemed extremely awkward in her presence to me. 

I noticed too in the car that she told Elizabeth she "missed being with Thomas...and the children." Her kids are such an afterthought to her. She will turn on the charm with Thomas again so that he will support her financially. 

Chelsea is just playing these guys. The sad thing is, Austen is all full of "puppy love" for her. Looks like another heartbreak for him! Chelsea is annoying too with her constant playing to the cameras. There is nothing natural about her. 

The Thomas/Landon thing is cringeworthy. Go find a new woman Thomas! Not annoying Landon and not the sociopath you had kids with. Surely there is someone else in Charleston you can date?? 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I actually didn't feel like Thomas was lusting after Kathryn at the party-he seemed extremely awkward in her presence to me. 

I noticed too in the car that she told Elizabeth she "missed being with Thomas...and the children." Her kids are such an afterthought to her. She will turn on the charm with Thomas again so that he will support her financially. 

Chelsea is just playing these guys. The sad thing is, Austen is all full of "puppy love" for her. Looks like another heartbreak for him! Chelsea is annoying too with her constant playing to the cameras. There is nothing natural about her. 

The Thomas/Landon thing is cringeworthy. Go find a new woman Thomas! Not annoying Landon and not the sociopath you had kids with. Surely there is someone else in Charleston you can date??  

It really is a pathetic story.  If Thomas and Landon weren't Thomas and Landon they would actually make a decent looking couple. They even seem well suited and probably have a lot in common. But come the hell on, Thomas is pursuing Landon because the producers want it to be a big plot line on this show.  It's a story that keeps giving, "can Thomas convince Landon to love him despite the redhead she devil that is his babymama? " "will Landon admit her love?"  "how will Kathryn react?" blah blah... 

Landon isn't interested in Thomas and Thomas might want a mother for his children, I just doubt that it's Landon. It all so ridiculous. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think unfortunately that we, the viewers, are grafting our timeline on to the show. We're thinking that Kathryn has been separated from the kids for longer than she has because we're using the broadcast airing as a guide. In reality, Kathryn failed her drug test, bitched for a while, went to rehab, got back, farted around, and saw the kids however often she was allowed to. The failed drug test was in July. Snowden's son was born in September. St. Julien's birthday is in November. All told, less than 6 months has elapsed and she was still getting supervised visits. However, she does seem really disconnected from Saint.

I checked her Instagram she has photos of she and the kids through Christmas to March.  I am not understanding some of these claims that she did not see the children from November until this past weekend.  Obviously you can't believe everything you read.  I am officially in the I don't care column.  Too many contradictory stories and court filings that are just viewed by someone. 

Is Saint walking?  I never see any pictures of him walking.  Which means there are probably 10,000 pictures and the child is displaying skills of becoming an Olympic sprinter.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I do not understand Cameran's real estate work. She only represents buyers. Charleston doesn't seem big enough for her to do that full time or nearly so.

That is actually fairly typical. A lot of real estate brokerages will want separate staff members who only work on one side. From knowing a couple- the new goal for a real estate firm is a broker, an assistant, a listing agent, a buyers agent, admin and an all purpose agent. In that order. And then you start multiplying the various positions.  You also start seeing realtors who specialize in certain types of property such as single family, certain parts of town, historic, multi family, rentals, etc. as an example Thomas' brother was one of the first people to really focus on the high end downtown market.

At the present moment the Charleston real estate market is hot and sales are actually higher than you would expect of a metro this size. Because the desireable areas are pricey you see first time buyers having to move up because of size, older buyers downsizing to get into a better area, people moving for schools and people moving from older to newer. And the whole thing is impacted by all the transplants who come from out of town.

I do not think Craig's rental is in Mt Pleasant judging by the stores/businesses we saw them drive past. Mt Pleasant basically has 3 main roads so its pretty easy to figure out locations and a couple of combos (maybe a Red Roof next to a Bojangles and a multi story building behind the McDonalds) did not look familiar. Also if he bought in outer West Ashley, the Dorchester Road area or Summerville/Goose Creek he would get in at a lower cost. Mt Pleasant home prices (and the taxes based on the value) typically make purchasing something as a rental less desirable. Even close in West Ashley no longer functions well for rental purchases.

This show has turned into a giant game of 'where did they film that' and realizing when they use a dummy exterior/neighborhood.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am not understanding some of these claims that she did not see the children from November until this past weekend.

I'm not familiar with these claims, there is a recent episode of Thomas packing up the kids to see Kathryn, so there was some kind of visitation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

She will assist you in finding a new home,  do the paper work, and collect that commission. She won't list your existing home. 

It's a "jobby"

Exactly and it's not like she needs the money. She's got her SC money and a doctor husband who probably pays for the home and household expenses. I wish I could exist on a jobby.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree, if Patricia was the genuine "Southern Lady" that she professes to be, she would have said a simple "Hello" and "How are you" to Katherine.  If she didn't want to acknowledge her, she should have stayed home.  When you are dealing with a person like Katherine who's been on dope & alcohol and rehab, the decent thing to do is at least acknowledge her.  I don't like Katherine, but a snub like that could take her over the edge.  Patricia isn't the "Lady" that I thought she was.  And, her trying to fix up Thomas & Landon is completely ridiculous.

THIS. It really puts the lie to the whole "transplanted Southern Lady of a certain class." The very essence of good manners is to put everyone at ease. There is absolutely no reason for her to go out of her way to shun and shame Kathryn at a social gathering like this, especially at Kathryn's son's birthday. Patricia should, if anything, be going out of her way to keep the peace. She needn't go nuts, but certainly a polite, if not warm, greeting, 15 seconds of chit chat, and politely excusing oneself are the bare minimum of social interaction. Patricia displayed deplorable manners, and has lost all credibility in my eyes, for opining re same in the future. Emily Post would be aghast. 

• Love 17

I typically give Patricia the side eye, I like her but I don't think she is all that, but she didn't have to be so blatantly rude to Kathryn. Say hello , Its nice to see you and be done with it. The pushing Thomas towards Landon is ridiculous. More Michael the Butler, please.

Not getting Jennifer. On one hand, she tells Landon to date Thomas and then, in a TH, she says the situation would be like "Carrie". Well, which is it? She is looking for camera time. I do think Kathryn should have acknowledged Jennifer and Ascher. 

Sheep needs to grow up and stop partying. 

I loved Cam's outfit during the Shep/house showing scenes.  She has a few misses with outfits. 

Landon..........she needs to get off my tv screen and soon. Her hair is almost as bad as her voice. 

Craig and Gizmo need their own show. Or at least, Gizmo. 

Maybe a show starring Gizmo and Michael the Butler. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I do not understand Cameran's real estate work. She only represents buyers. Charleston doesn't seem big enough for her to do that full time or nearly so.

Charleston and the outerlying areas have plenty of homes to keep her busy from now until doomsday.

6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Chelsea opens the door with a Stella in her hands, then has a Modelo, then back to the Stella, all within maybe 25 seconds.  They need a continuity editor with a keener eye.

The editors suck. When Thomas visited Patricia and Michael set his drink down, the camera went to Patricia...then to Thomas and half the drink was gone. Not even Thomas drinks that fast.

Kathryn is definitely a sociopath or something creepy. She showed zero emotion to those kids.

The photo of her and Thomas was for PR for JD's place as it's not doing too well, money-wise.

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm not familiar with these claims, there is a recent episode of Thomas packing up the kids to see Kathryn, so there was some kind of visitation.

There was last summer, and a bit in the fall and the holidays is when Kathryn went off the deep end again.

Spoiler

Keep an eye out for Cam's birthday trip, it's after that when everyone disowns Kathryn.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

Are we supposed to believe that Shep  was considering buy that tiny disheveled home? 

His house in downtown is not any bigger than the one Cam was looking at. And the house he ended up purchasing in IOP isn't ginormous and glamorous either. IMO, Shep's a lot of not-so-nice things, but regards to money, he seems practical. And regarding possessions, he seems unmaterialistic. He's fine with an average house and average car, so he can spend his money elsewhere, on the things he values more.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 7

Craig must be expecting huge rental income from that home.

On the Bravo site, they posted a video tour of their home.  It's tiny, not two-story like the home Craig got.  Seemed like they were often on top of each other, esp. in the kitchen and living area.

But it sounds like that home is in a more interesting area, near her folks' home, which has water views.  The rental home looks to be in a nice neighborhood but more of a street full of tract homes.

• Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

His house in downtown is not any bigger than the one Cam was looking at. And the house he ended up purchasing in IOP isn't ginormous and glamorous either. IMO, Shep's a lot of not-so-nice things, but regards to money, he seems practical. And regarding possessions, he seems unmaterialistic. He's fine with an average house and average car, so he can spend his money elsewhere, on the things he values more.

This is one thing I respect a lot about Shep: he's a very practical spender and obviously uses his family money for things like funding business ventures/real estate and a bit of international vacationing. His SC money probably just funds his bar tabs/partying at this point. And he's been smart enough to avoid messy marriages/baby mama drama, so no spousal/child support woes...yet.

Of all the rich guys on this show, Shep is the one who comes across as the most "Old Money" of the cast. Old Money folks don't wear fancy clothes or drive flashy cars((ahem, Craig)) or flaunt ridiculously gaudy homes. Like most of the men on this show, they're all well-educated at usually the finer institutions. And even Shep's house and his family's home/s appear upscale but not pretentiously posh.

Thomas also has his Old Money ways but he's apparently made so much of his own money along the way that he can afford to be splashier with his earnings and afford the finest local real estate/interior designers. But he's never come across to me as overtly flashy with his wealth. Whitney and Patricia don't seem as Old Money to me though because they seem to so gladly bask in the riches of their surroundings. Pat is just THAT wealthy, apparently; like Muhammed Hadid wealthy. Must be nice, although I can't imagine just myself, umpteen dogs and a butler or two solely living in that huge rambling mansion.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why so much Shep? As if this show isn't enough, we see him on Southern Charm Savannah, too. He also has a show coming out called "Relationshep". That's right, folks. An entire series about this overgrown, aging frat boy who is rapidly loosing his looks, searching for true love. Supposedly, he will be traveling to different cities looking for Mrs. Right. Who at BRAVO has such a hard on for this guy that he is getting all this attention? 

Andy Cohen.

You beat me to it @walnutqueen

• Love 3

Earlier, this season, Patricia offered on-air well wishes for Kathryn.  She didn't say anything negative about her and said she hoped Kathryn was doing well after her rehab and that she hoped for the best for the children's sake.  Fine.  This doesn't mean that she thinks Kathryn has had a personality transplant.  People with well ingrained issues, don't just do a complete turnaround after a 30 day stint in Rehab.  Nor do they after several months, if we are generous with the real life time line, that I'm guessing about.  Kathryn's MO consist of making some pretty bold and bizarre statements.  Sometimes, it's done at parties, other times, later on talk shows. (WWHL for one.)  Maybe, Patricia believes that when a person shows you who they are, believe it.   I suspect that a Hello, from Patricia, could easily become something very different in Kathryn's mind.  Sometimes, it's best to just let things lie.  IMO,, there is nothing wrong with leaving someone alone, if you think they are unstable.  Patricia's words about not engaging with Kathryn was indicative of that philosophy, imo.  I have no issue with her behavior at all.  

I still can't get into the Thomas/Landon thing.  Not sure why. It seems like Thomas appears awkward, because it appears that he's settling.  And Landon appears awkward, because she's afraid of looking like a gold digger.  But....if neither has anything better to do.......

• Love 9

Dear Shep, geography is not your problem. Your maturity level is. Moving isn't going to make you less of a tool that goes out and drinks nightly like some 18 year old away from home for the first time. If you want to stop drinking try this "no thanks guys I'm staying in tonight." It works like a charm for me.

Seeing you wake up at 1pm in the afternoon looking about 50 years old and bemoaning you need to move so you won't party any more was pathetic. And if this is just your "storyline" to stay on tv, equally pathetic. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspect that a Hello, from Patricia, could easily become something very different in Kathryn's mind.  Sometimes, it's best to just let things lie.  IMO,, there is nothing wrong with leaving someone alone, if you think they are unstable.  Patricia's words about not engaging with Kathryn was indicative of that philosophy, imo.  I have no issue with her behavior at all. 

I 100% agree with you Sunny.  Look at the way Kathryn behaved towards Snowden.  Given what Kathryn has said about Patricia (I'm thinking of her fight with Whitney) and the way she behaves towards others she does not trust, unwarranted or not (Snowden), I think Patricia was right to steer clear of Kathryn and avoid any uncomfortable interactions which might spoil the party.  Neither likes the other, so why tempt fate and fake it with a potentially disastrous outcome.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, sadie said:

Dear Shep, geography is not your problem. Your maturity level is. Moving isn't going to make you less of a tool that goes out and drinks nightly like some 18 year old away from home for the first time. If you want to stop drinking try this "no thanks guys I'm staying in tonight." It works like a charm for me.

That's exactly what Chelsea told him - "there's still going to be a frat party in your place every night wherever you live." If he can't go to bars because it's too far, it's easy to invite the guys over instead, and I'm sure with overflowing booze (and drugs), those friends would make the drive.

The crabbing date was misleading. Both Cameran and Shep went with Chelsea and Austen, but they gave the impression that it was just the two of them on that date.

• Love 5

I was slightly saddened to hear Landon say that her rental house is being sold for a million bucks. I actually really have enjoyed seeing the various shots of her cute little house, which is about the only thing I remotely enjoy about Landon's scenes. Okay, and maybe her cute doggie Charlotte too.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What was the purpose of Shep going to Chelsea's house? He knows she's dating Austen. Or is she? I'm confused. I think she's just a big flirt and playing both Shep and Austen and I don't think she likes either one of them all that much.

All that just seems like a set-up to me for his relationship show. Like, oh, I'm unhappy, I missed out on this unicorn of a girl, how am I ever going to find love? The show just sounds like an excuse for Shep to travel the US drinking, meeting fans/groupies, and adding a few more notches to the ol' bedposts. I find it highly unlikely he's going to settle down any time soon (if at all).

Maybe it's me, but I really hate the use of the word unicorn in relation to the dating scene.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

The crabbing date was misleading. Both Cameran and Shep went with Chelsea and Austen, but they gave the impression that it was just the two of them on that date.

Really? How do you know that? Those sly producers.  I wonder how many times these reality show people watch their scenes when the show airs and think" Damn, that's not how it went down at all!"

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, cincivic said:

Maybe a show starring Gizmo and Michael the Butler. 

And Chauncey the pug.  First episode, they peruse Cam's closet.  Second, they put Chauncey on a diet.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Really? How do you know that? Those sly producers. You have to wonder how much is manipulated on these shows. 

Both Chelsea and Cameran posted this on their IGs:

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Jennifer Snowden bugs. A lot. How many times do you get to play victim when Kathryn is mean to you? You know she's mean to you. You know she's angry with you, whether or not those reasons are at all coherent or justified. Why do you expect anything different? Particularly when the presumed role model of Southern graciousness that is Patricia cannot even be bothered to even acknowledge Kathryn? Be grateful you got a wave, and stop acting so damn shocked.

I completely agree with you here.  If I'm at a gathering where someone I dislike who's treated me nastily in the past is also in attendance, I'm hoping they don't come near me!  Of course, a Kathryn/Jennifer interaction would mean more air time for Jennifer. 

3 hours ago, sadie said:

I hate when "reality" shows stage things that are so unreal. The whole birthday party in the middle of I don't know where, not even a tree in sight, guests trudging a mile to get there and only cast members was beyond forced. It would have felt so much more real if Thomass had had it in the courtyard of his home. It all just felt so fake and not in a good fun way. 

Hampton Park is a fairly large park right in peninsular Charleston.  There are areas with trees as well as "the green."  I thought it was a nice location for a child's birthday party.

2 hours ago, robroy said:

I do not think Craig's rental is in Mt Pleasant judging by the stores/businesses we saw them drive past. Mt Pleasant basically has 3 main roads so its pretty easy to figure out locations and a couple of combos (maybe a Red Roof next to a Bojangles and a multi story building behind the McDonalds) did not look familiar. Also if he bought in outer West Ashley, the Dorchester Road area or Summerville/Goose Creek he would get in at a lower cost. Mt Pleasant home prices (and the taxes based on the value) typically make purchasing something as a rental less desirable. Even close in West Ashley no longer functions well for rental purchases.

This show has turned into a giant game of 'where did they film that' and realizing when they use a dummy exterior/neighborhood.

I was trying to put my finger on their location while driving also.  It seemed to me that at least parts of it were driving along Savannah Highway (West Ashley.) Then it got to a point where it was less commercial, so further west (Carolina Bay?) or maybe one of the newer Bees Ferry Rd. developments?  Those are right near the landfill so I'd assume they're going for less than other developments.  Just a guess. 

Apropos of nothing, I saw this Southern Charm tweet earlier from a random tweeter and it cracked me up.

• Love 19

Shep is coming across as more and more pathetic every episode. Blowing off his appointment with Cameron, sleeping till 1:00, partying every night? Not cute for a 40 year old. 

There was something weird going on when Cameron came into Shep's bedroom, we can see Shep jumping back into bed just as Cameron opens the door wide enough for the camera to see inside, and Cameron was doing something weird with the covers while Shep was checking his phone for her missed calls. Looked like he was trying to hide something from the camera...wonder what it was?

Shep just showing up at Chelsea's place uninvited and emptyhanded and then grubbing down on all her food was tacky af.

Anyway, Craig was right about Shep when he said that Shep has money but nothing else. And the money is from his great grandfather, grandfather, and dad... nothing he's made on his own. His only success is getting himself on a reality show and selling "dad bod" t-shirts. Bleh.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I was trying to put my finger on their location while driving also.  It seemed to me that at least parts of it were driving along Savannah Highway (West Ashley.) Then it got to a point where it was less commercial, so further west (Carolina Bay?) or maybe one of the newer Bees Ferry Rd. developments?  Those are right near the landfill so I'd assume they're going for less than other developments.  Just a guess. 

It could be Johns Island also. The McDonalds could have been the one at 17/526 but the Bojangles/Red Roof combo was really throwing me since there is really only 1 Bojangles in each portion of town. Maybe they had them drive in circles to stretch conversation.

Its still funny he headed for a 'lesser' area after making such a big to do about no popcorn ceilings in his portfolio. Not that I want to shout 'you buy rentals for income or appreciation not character you effing dolt' at my TV screen. OK, maybe I do. And that he continues to only film in the Porsche instead of his own car. I have reached the point of annoyance that I am not giving an inch to this douche. Which is saying a lot with Asten's Howdy Doody demeanor and Shep/Cameron inverting the Captain Save a Ho dynamic. Although I reserve the right to bitch to high heck about Shep's shrinking level of maturity any second now.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, robroy said:

It could be Johns Island also. The McDonalds could have been the one at 17/526 but the Bojangles/Red Roof combo was really throwing me since there is really only 1 Bojangles in each portion of town. Maybe they had them drive in circles to stretch conversation.

I was thinking more like North Charleston. That road they were driving on was not exactly in an upscale neighborhood. You can get more for your money in No. Charleston, it doesn't have a very good reputation. 

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

No.  Thomas has said he has sent the kids off to be with their mother.  This is the first time Daddy, Mommy and the two kids have been together in a long time.  It's also the first time Kathryn and Thomas have seen each other in a long time.

Oh yeah, you are right.  She was with them before the party.  That explains why she wasn't emotional when she saw them again.  I totally forgot about that.  I, myself would still be all tears and mushy when only seeing them at  certain times under supervision.  It's a HUGE price to pay for going down the wrong path.

• Love 1

I cannot believe Landon's "for future reference" bull shit when idiot Thomas gave her that flower. Someone gives you a flower, say thank you, my god. Don't correct him! How rude! I grew up in the woods and I have better manners than that. I want to like her, but she just keeps giving me reasons to roll my eyes. 

I have a friend who is a lot like Shep - he got to a certain age and realized he really needed to jump off of the party train, but had SUCH a hard time doing so since it had become his schtick. He was the guy who would aways do shots and stay out all night. He didn't finally get his shit together until he literally moved across the country where nobody knew he was the party guy. I don't think Shep is going anywhere, but I do hope he at least slows down. His liver scare should have scared him more. He just doesn't seem to be in a good place.

Gizmo is the most awesome cat, ever, and Craig and Naomi are lucky to be in his orbit!  

• Love 12

There was something weird going on when Cameron came into Shep's bedroom, we can see Shep jumping back into bed just as Cameron opens the door wide enough for the camera to see inside, and Cameron was doing something weird with the covers while Shep was checking his phone for her missed calls. Looked like he was trying to hide something from the camera...wonder what it was?

I caught that too. WTF? 

• Love 1

This season we have watched Shep go from a arrested development party frat boy to an old drunk.  He is now descending into a drunk who may develop life long  health issues caused by his lifestyle.  At least he seems to be aware of that, but, he's not fun to watch anymore.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This season we have watched Shep go from a arrested development party frat boy to an old drunk.  He is now descending into a drunk who may develop life long  health issues caused by his lifestyle.  At least he seems to be aware of that, but, he's not fun to watch anymore.

Wasn't he arrested last year for being drunk and high on mushrooms in San Francisco?

Shep has always been a partier, but the more he makes partying part of his business model the more he starts to fray at the edges. It's the same way that it was starting to fuck up Craig's life in season 2. Shep partied as much or more than Thomas and Whitney in season 1, but he was the only one of those dolts who used a condom with Kathryn. He partied with people, but he never let any place get as trashed as he let his house get last night. Shep has ownership interest in 3 bars in Charleston. He's investing in yotme.com. He's filming a dating show, which will likely take him to bars in the most populated cities. And now that more of his money and time are devoted to party Shep and he's bringing the parties back to his place, it's going to get harder to draw a distinction between regular/work Shep and party Shep because being party Shep is his work.

54 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

I cannot believe Landon's "for future reference" bull shit when idiot Thomas gave her that flower. Someone gives you a flower, say thank you, my god. Don't correct him! How rude! I grew up in the woods and I have better manners than that. I want to like her, but she just keeps giving me reasons to roll my eyes.  

Landon is such a classless ungrateful smug superior asshole.

• Love 14

Jen's TH during her happy hour with Landon was shot and just added recently, wasn't it? Her face was fuller during the party and during the drinks with Landon. But the TH showed a smaller face and more toned shoulders and arms. 

• Love 1

Btw Craig and Naomi with the McDonalds to go, in the Porsche.

Again makes you think the show leased it for them.  They were eating while he was still driving.  If they're paying for the car, you'd think they'd be more careful.

Also there's a budget mismatch between Porsche car and McDonalds food.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I caught that too. WTF? 

Shitty editing at work again. Besides, Shep cannot film when really, really hungover as he would have been after all that.

23 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Jen's TH during her happy hour with Landon was shot and just added recently, wasn't it? Her face was fuller during the party and during the drinks with Landon. But the TH showed a smaller face and more toned shoulders and arms. 

She looks great now. And I noticed it too, the filming and editing of this show leaves way too much to be desired.

10 minutes ago, scrb said:

Again makes you think the show leased it for them

Bravo doesn't lease cars, pay for rental homes, or anything else for these folks besides the trips they take. Craig probably has it on a lease, but he's paying for it.  When they went to the hunting lodge, that was advertising for the place and Bravo picked up part of the tab that exceeded commercial costs. It was the same as if the lodge had bought airtime for a commercial during the show.

• Love 4

I'm thinking Shep was passed out on the floor with no pants.  Cam seemed like she was trying to stifle a giggle when she was tucking the covers.  Maybe it was left behind underwear.  

Also, Cam has Chelsea's last name misspelled in her phone ?  #chelseamessiner

• Love 1
7 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

THIS. It really puts the lie to the whole "transplanted Southern Lady of a certain class." The very essence of good manners is to put everyone at ease. There is absolutely no reason for her to go out of her way to shun and shame Kathryn at a social gathering like this, especially at Kathryn's son's birthday. Patricia should, if anything, be going out of her way to keep the peace. She needn't go nuts, but certainly a polite, if not warm, greeting, 15 seconds of chit chat, and politely excusing oneself are the bare minimum of social interaction. Patricia displayed deplorable manners, and has lost all credibility in my eyes, for opining re same in the future. Emily Post would be aghast. 

i think Patricia is an asshole.

I continue to feel sorry for Katherine.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Btw Craig and Naomi with the McDonalds to go, in the Porsche.

Again makes you think the show leased it for them.  They were eating while he was still driving.  If they're paying for the car, you'd think they'd be more careful.

Also there's a budget mismatch between Porsche car and McDonalds food.

That's actually always been true about this show. Especially in season 2, we always saw Cameran getting McDonald's in her Mercedes-Benz with Craig and Shep. I thought the Porsche was Naomie's. There are so few casts who eat as much fast-food on camera as these folks do. The others are Atlanta, Wig and company on Don't be Tardy, and Shahs of Sunset.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

i think Patricia is an asshole.

I continue to feel sorry for Katherine.

Not only did Patricia show no manners at the party, her CEO makeup guest wearing the same caftan at Patricia's dinner party was no lady either.  She was a real snob, took over the table talk, and made everyone uncomfortable.   She was rude, and went upstairs when the conversation turned not to her liking.  Plus, she had far too much makeup slathered all over her face for an old lady.  (I forgot her name).

• Love 12