Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: The Hangover

• Start Topic

I actually don't mind that Pat didn't go out of her way to speak to Kathryn. Now, I think it would be different if Pat and Kath were reaching over the chips and salsa and Pat didn't acknowledge her with a simple "Good afternoon, Kathryn" or something akin to Senfeld's "Newman."  She avoided her I guess so as not to appear fake. That would have Pat doing some shit talking in the car  followed by fake niceties? Nah. I think it's prudent just to avoid her altogether. I thought Kathryn completely ignoring Jen--and even worse, innocent baby boy, was even more rude. Even heartless. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I usually fast-forward through commercials, but I am guessing McDonald's is a sponsor.

Probably not. They never show the logo or mention the branded names of the item ordered. When they order it's usually like this "I'll have the number 3 meal or the value menu number six." It's pretty clear that they aren't getting clearances, but the production crew has taught the cast how to get around the clearance problem.

• Love 2

Does Bravo really think Horseteeth is their new breakout star?  Really?  Ew.  He was particularly gross & creepy & pathetic in this ep.  And now Cheltsea is gonna talk about his unwanted advances on her in the next ep?  Not a great choice for the next breakout star, Bravo.  My vote is for Gizmo.  I can look at that cat all day long.

Seriously, is Naomie a bitch or what?  She calls Horseteeth "kind" & fully acknowledges (while smiling, which I thought was especially cruel) how he's "kind", but maybe not to Craigie.  Um, what?  First off, that's her opinion & maybe hers alone cuz Horseteeth ain't "kind" -- he's a full-on dickhead asshole, certainly to Craigie.  So she's joking about this dickhead being consistently nasty as hell & always talking shit about her boyfriend -- and mocking him on cam whenever he can?  I'm sorry, but this girl is really a meanie.  Man, as a girlfriend, she sucks.  She knows Horseteeth is a dick to her boyfriend & she thinks that's hilarious.  Get rid of her, Craigie.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Seriously, is Naomie a bitch or what?

I always find it interesting how people can watch the same scenes and come to a completely different conclusion. I find Craig to be an asshole and a vile piece of trash and Naomi perfectly reasonable and pleasant. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I lurve Austin and Chelsea. So cute!

Kittens!

Get squinty Landon off the show. Now. Just like fetch, they aren't gonna happen.

Giz! I married the guy that loved cats as much as I do. We now have a child who loves them.

Kathryn needs to model for Pantene.

I'd never buy a house from Cameran.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 8

I think Naomie's problem is that she's young and still hasn't learned to temper her opinions. Maybe watching the show will offer her a chance to see what some of us see and make some changes in the way she deals with Craig. Also, I think she's a Type A personality and Craig is not. They need to learn how to navigate that, as well, and adjust their expectations.

• Love 11

At this point it's hard to believe that Craig and Naomie are a real couple - imo she does get a kick out of being mean and seems resentful, perhaps of the way he talks down to her. Please tell me they're not a real couple!

• Love 2

From the show, Naomie and Craig seem doomed but they are also young enough that they have some time to mature and work things out (if they don't hurt each other too much before then).

Cameran crying about the idea of her husband as a father was so sweet. 

Kathryn seemed engaged with her kids to me at the party, especially Kenzie.  Not really talking to Jennifer was cold though. I don't know if I trust Jennifer but obviously Kathryn should have said hello and hi to the baby.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I always find it interesting how people can watch the same scenes and come to a completely different conclusion. I find Craig to be an asshole and a vile piece of trash and Naomi perfectly reasonable and pleasant. 

I agree that Craig is an asshole and a vile piece of trash. Can't stand him. However I was shocked when he asked Naomie how his toes were looking as she gave him a pedicure and she jumped down his throat. WTF was that?? Naomie appears to hate Craig's guts so may I ask why she stays with him? Oh yea, a TV spot. That must be why she texted him out of the blue when he was living back in Delaware. 

When the psychic had said they were "soulmates" Naomie visibly wrinkled up her face. They are terrible together. 

Chelt-sie is very pretty but she has a "dude" vibe to her. I can't totally see her giving her heart away to anyone. She wants to be in charge. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Cameran crying about the idea of her husband as a father was so sweet. 

Kathryn seemed engaged with her kids to me at the party, especially Kenzie.  Not really talking to Jennifer was cold though. I don't know if I trust Jennifer but obviously Kathryn should have said hello and hi to the baby.

I had a lot of mom issues that made me not to want to have kids. However, barring my difficult pregnancy, our gal, so far, has been a dream. We haven't entered the teen phase yet. We did wait years and years before really thinking it through. I'm amazed at the folks who become parents with no thought at all. But I'm responsible and always used birth control until the Mr and myself chose to have kids. TRav and K totally knew what they were doing.

16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe Craig and Naomi are just staying together for Gizmo's sake.  That could be an ugly custody battle.

I think he loves Giz more than her. She comes off as mean.

• Love 8

Clearly Thomas has unprotected sex on occasion (1 pregnancy scare and 2 pregnancies) and Shep admitted once on WWHL that he sometimes assumes the female uses something.  When Andy Cohen asked Shep about it he said "because it feels so good."  This is something shocking to me considering their number of sexual partners.  

• Love 15
6 hours ago, scrb said:

Btw Craig and Naomi with the McDonalds to go, in the Porsche.

Again makes you think the show leased it for them.  They were eating while he was still driving.  If they're paying for the car, you'd think they'd be more careful.

Also there's a budget mismatch between Porsche car and McDonalds food.

I see plenty of nice cars in the drive thru when I'm getting my coffee. 

What should they have eaten? 

• Love 12

Small point:  When Shep was waking up, the camera lingered on his feet in a nice pair of socks.  For those also watching Southern Charm Savannah, are we to assume those were the socks that Shep got from Louis at the promo gathering for his sock company in Charlotte during the hurricane evacuation?  From the timeline here, it doesn't seem that we're going to see anything about Hurricane Matthew's effects on Charleston as Saint's birthday party was in November.  (The hurricane was in October.)

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Clearly Thomas has unprotected sex on occasion (1 pregnancy scare and 2 pregnancies) and Shep admitted once on WWHL that he sometimes assumes the female uses something.  When Andy Cohen asked Shep about it he said "because it feels so good."  This is something shocking to me considering their number of sexual partners.  

Yet it's ALWAYS the women being slutshamed

• Love 9

HunterHunted said:

I was disappointed in Patricia not saying hello to Kathryn. It would have required almost zero effort to say "hello." It was the one time that Kathryn had to be on her best behavior. We all know that the two of them hate each other, but Kathryn had an out for any small talk because she could go check on the kids. This was an easy opportunity for Patricia to take the high road.

- I've always thought that Patricia is a pretentious twat.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Chelt-sie is very pretty but she has a "dude" vibe to her. I can't totally see her giving her heart away to anyone. She wants to be in charge. 

I see her needing to be with someone is a complete alpha. She is a sweet girl and is cute- but she seems really strong and will require someone similar.

• Love 5

I think robroy is right. "Chelt-sea" requires an alpha male--someone in the vein of Brad Pitt's character, Tristan, on Legends of the Fall.  Austen ain't it! Neither is Shep for that matter. I think Austen is gonna end up with his heart broken because in that dynamic Chelsea is the "alpha male." 

• Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Lola43 said:

Exactly. This country is full of people who eat crap, rich people with nice cars included.

Mcd's might be common...

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Does Bravo really think Horseteeth is their new breakout star?  Really?  Ew.  He was particularly gross & creepy & pathetic in this ep.  And now Cheltsea is gonna talk about his unwanted advances on her in the next ep?  Not a great choice for the next breakout star, Bravo.  My vote is for Gizmo.  I can look at that cat all day long.

Seriously, is Naomie a bitch or what?  She calls Horseteeth "kind" & fully acknowledges (while smiling, which I thought was especially cruel) how he's "kind", but maybe not to Craigie.  Um, what?  First off, that's her opinion & maybe hers alone cuz Horseteeth ain't "kind" -- he's a full-on dickhead asshole, certainly to Craigie.  So she's joking about this dickhead being consistently nasty as hell & always talking shit about her boyfriend -- and mocking him on cam whenever he can?  I'm sorry, but this girl is really a meanie.  Man, as a girlfriend, she sucks.  She knows Horseteeth is a dick to her boyfriend & she thinks that's hilarious.  Get rid of her, Craigie.

It gets worse next week.  http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-4/episode-11/videos/craig-reaches-a-breaking-point

They are young and except for the cat have no real ties to each other. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe Craig and Naomi are just staying together for Gizmo's sake.  That could be an ugly custody battle.

I was thinking the same thing! 

I was cracking up when Cam referred to Landon as "Ole' Land-O" during her conversation with Naomie.  I loved that  Landon allegedly claimed Thomas showed up with a bouquet of flowers and professed his love for her and we got a flashback of him showing up with that single flower.   Hahahahahahaha

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Shep admitted once on WWHL that he sometimes assumes the female uses something

I remember this and my interpretation was that Shep was thinking Andy was talking about birth control pills. Andy had said "do you use birth control?" not "do you use protection" and I believe that that is why Shep answered that way. I think he is smart enough and scared of commitment enough to always use protection. I think that it was an issue of semantics.

• Love 1
On 6/5/2017 at 10:09 PM, Bronzedog said:

And, what's going on with these peoples vocabulary?  In the previews Austin says to Shep "is that how you're going to absolve this?"  It's resolve, Austen, and, again, Thomas, convinced is the word, not convicted.  Maybe Shep isn't the only one who is always drunk.

I laughed when Jennifer said that if Landon and Thomas got together, Kathryn would be like "Carrie" but then did the knife motion of "Psycho." Really?! But everyone knows that Whitney is the Norman Bates to Patricia's Mother, so I can understand that perhaps Jennifer had to come up with another movie mid-thought. Personally I might have went to the red headed Chucky doll.

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Naomi and Craig might both be lovely people separately. Sometimes certain couples bring out that "Wrong fighting" reaction in each other that they would not have with someone else. They both IMMEDIATELY jump to cutting down the other one. It's destructive. I'll go full Dr Phil here and say "hurt (adj) people hurt (verb) people." MAYBE the therapy can help if they haven't yet said something completely unforgivable. But I'd say, take a lesson, be kinder to your NEXT partner.

11 hours ago, Lola43 said:

4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I was behind at Lamborghini at Wendy's once. 

I was talking to my TV--why the hell did they get McDonald's when they also drove by a Wendy's?!? 

• Love 7

Finally, the producers of the show got the memo!  The real star of this series is Gizmo.  As one poster said back on page 1 (I'm sorry, I can't remember who and I'm too lazy to look), Giz is a total badass.  He really needs to pay a house call to Shep, who is disappointing me mightily this season.  Then maybe he can stroll over to Landon's and let her know what he (and everyone else) think about her giggling and ending every statement as if it were a question. 

Other than Gizmo and Craig, the only other couple who have any chemistry are Austin and Chelsea.  TRav and Landon are zero.  Shep and alcohol are zero.  Patricia and her caftans aren't bad. 

Jennifer needs to give up on Kathryn.  Focus on your baby and that gorgeous house.  Everyone else on this show, including Michael the butler, is a better friend to you than Kathryn will ever be. 

• Love 8

see plenty of nice cars in the drive thru when I'm getting my coffee. 

The problem is the grease and salty crumbs in a leased car.  It is impossible to get up all the salt from McD's fries!  I speaketh from experience.

• Love 1
(edited)

"We're gonna be stopping at Chic Fil A on the way home."

Austin thinking: oh my god I love this girl!

I wish my cat was half as cool as Gizmo. She's cool and all but not Gizmo-cool.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2017 at 10:42 PM, twilightzone said:

I think when she saw everyone getting along - she bailed.

Haha yes. No drama? I'm out. There's nothing for her to talk with Whitney about if shit doesn't go down.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I agree that Craig is an asshole and a vile piece of trash. Can't stand him. However I was shocked when he asked Naomie how his toes were looking as she gave him a pedicure and she jumped down his throat. WTF was that?? Naomie appears to hate Craig's guts so may I ask why she stays with him?

I wouldn't go as far as "vile," but he seems to have an unreal comprehension of EVERYTHING Craig:     1.  Girlfriend's duties and obligations.   Loyalty no matter what?   2.  Lying (to everyone for too long) about completing law school and graduating.  3.  Exaggerating the importance of his pitiful jobs.  4.  We don't know how long that pedicure took or how many GRIPES Princess Craig had during the effort.    5.  Job?  He don't need no steenkin' job!  6 His attractiveness.  7.  His disappointment (jealousy?) in Shep.

I think Shep has had it with Craig.  Naomie has had it with Craig.  If he'd stayed in Delaware? (I've forgotten where he's from), his family would have had it with Craig.  Naomie is a SAINT for having stayed with him for this long.  Are producers begging her?   She seems to be organized, hardworking and level-headed--and she's pretty.

• Love 6
On 6/5/2017 at 6:54 PM, Sage47 said:

Once again we see Kathryn's sociopathic character on full display. She was so stiff and awkward with Saint-there is literally NO bond there. None. If someone had removed me from my baby boy I would have been overcome with emotion upon seeing and holding him again. I never wanted to be apart from my babies for a minute; I craved their presence. Kathryn is seriousiy lacking in human emotion. Honestly, she is a creep.

Seems harsh.   It's possible that Kathryn is on a medication to help her fight her substance problems. It's probable that she's not a sociopath.  Everyone is different regarding the "emotion" associated with their "absent" children.  Kathryn had much more time to bond with her daughter before the children were taken away; give her a break...and some time.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I was talking to my TV--why the hell did they get McDonald's when they also drove by a Wendy's?!? 

Because McDonald's Diet Coke and fries, that's why. ?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 0:25 PM, Gem 10 said:

On 6/6/2017 at 7:07 AM, sugarbaker design said:

No.  Thomas has said he has sent the kids off to be with their mother.  This is the first time Daddy, Mommy and the two kids have been together in a long time.  It's also the first time Kathryn and Thomas have seen each other in a long time.

Oh yeah, you are right.  She was with them before the party.  That explains why she wasn't emotional when she saw them again.  I totally forgot about that.  I, myself would still be all tears and mushy when only seeing them at  certain times under supervision.  It's a HUGE price to pay for going down the wrong path.

5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:
  On 6/6/2017 at 9:11 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Kathryn is definitely a sociopath or something creepy. She showed zero emotion to those kids.

Edited by Former Nun
Meant for these to travel together...but bottom one first.
On 6/6/2017 at 1:35 PM, robroy said:

The McDonalds could have been the one at 17/526 but the Bojangles/Red Roof combo was really throwing me since there is really only 1 Bojangles in each portion of town.

Clearly Craig must have made the food choice, because he is the worst.  Who picks McDonalds over Bojangles?  

• Love 4

I think Pat's secretly bummed that Whitney didn't knock up Kathryn. She wants grandbabies. Stat!

I agree.  I've always thought her issue with Kathryn had a lot to do with her dumping Whitney for Thomas.  

Seems harsh.   It's possible that Kathryn is on a medication to help her fight her substance problems. It's probable that she's not a sociopath.  Everyone is different regarding the "emotion" associated with their "absent" children.  Kathryn had much more time to bond with her daughter before the children were taken away; give her a break...and some time.

My view as well.  Not everyone is uber demonstrative with affection, especially in public.  Kathryn was walking into a super uncomfortable situation, while being filmed.  She's often been accused of being overly dramatic so I think she purposely played it cool.  She would've been called out either way.  Had she run up to the kids, people would say she was play acting for the cameras.  You could see later shots of her pulling Kensington around in Craig's gift, Kensington was having a blast.  

• Love 15
11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Naomi and Craig might both be lovely people separately.

I hated Craig and his lazy entitled ass long before Naomi entered the picture.

13 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I think Pat's secretly bummed that Whitney didn't knock up Kathryn. She wants grandbabies. Stat!

I dont. I mean I think she wants grandchildren but I think she thanks her lucky stars that she doesn't have to deal with Kathryn's issues.

Other than apparently running into each other once in the kitchen have Kathryn and ever spoken to each other on Camera? I can't even remember ever even being the the same event.

Edited to answer my own question. They were both at the Wounded Warrior event that Patricia organized and Shep got but hurt over Craig getting bid on and Kathryn showed up looking like Cruella de Ville and she and Thomas got into one of their stupid fights and he stormed off as she chased after him down the dock screaming but don't remember if she and Patricia interacted.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Naomi and Craig might both be lovely people separately. Sometimes certain couples bring out that "Wrong fighting" reaction in each other that they would not have with someone else. They both IMMEDIATELY jump to cutting down the other one. It's destructive. 

I think this is so spot-on. I think they are equally capable of being amazing partners but not with each other.  There are the rare couples that thrive on "fighting" but these two do not seem that. They seem mismatched.  

I find Craig such a timeless hottie as an aside.

Shep getting the frat boy edit is somewhat tiresome to me. One, because we are the same age and I'm knocking back Pinot as a single, unmarried  on a Wednesday eve and I prefer to view that as the norm, but that's for another day. 

Two- Ravenel is way older and gets blitzed out of his gourd at dinner parties while screaming at his guests and knocks up a 20 something- twice!   I will let Shep live and let live for now.

Ya know, I really like Chelsea and find her visually breathtaking often but she comes off way too cool for school.  I cosign the girl is bad ass but I wish she'd let that do the leading instead of constant reminders how chill and amazing she is.  That whole "once I have to check in, I'm out" (paraphrased and bad memory) felt tired.  And wannabe.

Oddly ole Austen seems made for what  reality tv sought out to be before it became a shitshow.  He seems totally unfazed by it and kind.  And Bravo is giving him a great edit thus far which makes me think he's too good for all of this. 

Gizmo for MVP.  

• Love 9

I think Thomas was three sheets when he showed up at Landon's house with the rose. He had that slurred speech and of course the "convicted" instead of convinced that he didn't even catch. 

3 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I find Craig such a timeless hottie as an aside.

Haha. That would put him in the category with Paul Newman...in my opinion. Not a bad place to be.  There's sometimes something adorable about him but not always. 

(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 9:13 PM, biakbiak said:

"Reasonable & pleasant"?  Noamie?  Mmmm, no.  First off, the girl is really annoying me because she's got quite a potty mouth on her.  It does her no favors how the producers have to constantly bleep her.  Do they have to bleep anyone else so much on the show?  No.  So what's up with this girl & her potty mouth anyway?  

She's also a big ole hypocrite.  She keeps saying how Craigie is acting like an asshole, but she seems to think it's OK because she's not calling him an asshole outright before our eyes?  Guess what Naomie?  It's not alright.  It stinks.  A few eps ago, Craigie said to her that she was saying dumb things & not that she was dumb.  Then Ms. Potty Mouth angrily said it was "the same fucking thing".  She doesn't like this kinda crap & yet she does it herself to Craigie.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I don't care for the way Craigie speaks to Naomie, or calling her a child, or his late shtick.  But Naomie has done things you just don't do to a partner.  You don't talk shit about your partner publicly to a group of others at a party behind his back.  That was vile.  Also, her taking off without him to that party because he was running late was absolutely wrong.  You don't do that to a partner -- at least not to one you care about & want to have a future with.  Sorry, but this girl is bratty, self-absorbed & immature.  She's a rich girl who's clearly used to getting her own way.

OK, so why are these 2 still together if they're both treating each other like garbage?  I think Craigie hooked up with her because she's a rich girl.  Maybe she has connections thru her family that he thought he could use.  I suspect Craigie is way more calculating than we've seen.  I don't trust him.  He's a big liar.  We know that for sure.  So there's gotta be some reason he's sticking with her, despite the constantly crappy way she's treating him.

OK, so what about Naomie?  I keep asking why she is with him.  She clearly knows (as we do) he's a big liar.  She seems cynical & distrustful of pretty much everything he says.  So how do you base ANY kind of relationship on that?  On cam, she acts like she hates his guts, so their scenes are really ugly to watch.  Uh, these 2 are not exactly a fun couple.  So again, why the heck is she still with him?  The only thing I can come up with is she wants to be on a hit show on Bravo.  And if that's the case -- as I'm pretty sure it is, then she's just another user & she stinks.  

Free Gizmo!  Gizzie deserves better "parents" than those 2!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I think this is so spot-on. I think they are equally capable of being amazing partners but not with each other.

I can't see Craig being an amazing partner to anyone but "the little woman," some adoring subserviant girl whose backbone has been stripped away.   

Either that type, or someone older who wants to mother him...adoringly.  Each woman will need her own fortune because Craig is all talk.   Naomie will do fine.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

I'm surprised so much of the commentary is about Craig and Naomi. They've been together for quite a bit of time and their life continues on together beyond this show. I would think that whatever issues they have in their relationship (no relationship is perfect), doesn't outweigh their feelings for each other. They have different personalities and it's causing their tempers to come out but that's something they can figure out as they learn more about each other and as they grow as individuals. Not saying they're 'soulmates' and they'll definitely last, but I also don't see their current friction as a guaranteed death sentence for their relationship.

It's actually uncomfortable for me to watch Shep try so hard to ingratiate himself to Chelsea. Also, Carmen and Chelsea are dead on about Shep's intentions from moving away from the city and it's unfortunate that he didn't clue in. The fact that Cameron found him passed out in his home surrounded by alcohol...if the alcohol is in the house, it's going to be no different regardless of how close you are to the city centre....unless he thinks that his party people won't want to come hang out in a house that's in the suburbs. If this is an honest storyline for Shep, then he may just have a problem. If you have to manipulate situations in hopes of protecting your self control, then that's kind of scary and something that he needs to take seriously.

Landon - I'm just never gonna like this girl. I loved the fact that the producers showed the clip of Thomas with the single rose after Naomi shared Landon's story about Thomas' bouquet of flowers and his profession of love. Everything about her says desperate and I guess I've just never taken to her because I feel that she's the person that's comfortable with pointing out the flaws in others but can't honestly look at herself, and own her shit, let alone try to fix it.

• Love 8

Landon being desperate is spot on. I kind of feel sorry for her that this is being played out on TV. I don't know many men who could live with her voice. She can't help how she talks or laughs, I'm sure there's someone out there for her.

I think the whole Craig/Naomie storyline is just for TV. The more ridiculous their scenes become, the more I am convinced this is just another contrived storyline. 

During the first season, this show was a delight to watch. Now that we're into season 4 and everyone is feeling the love from their fans, and production is watching the ratings, you can see it reflected in the gawdawful storylines and situations, and the shitty editing. It's as if no one really cares anymore.

• Love 5