Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Lil' Starburst

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

There was a conversation between Maci and Bentley where she was talking to him about Thanksgiving plans and told him to quit "adjusting himself." There was absolutely no reason to air that, MTV and this show have disgusted me, again, with their complete lack of care for these kids, and I flipped back to a rerun of Better Call Saul. The only reason I watch this show is to discuss it on this forum, but think I'll need to be a bit drunk to watch it this season. 

Also, it's boring. 

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, druzy said:

The name of this episode should have been "Abracadabra Disappear Matt". 

I hope they encourage Leah to keep working on her magic. David Copperfield  didnt happen overnight. If she keeps at it one day Maty really will POOF and be gone.

• Love 23

How old is Jen? I'm with Ryan, or maybe Jen & Larry, on the Alabama trup.  Ok maybe Ryan is a deadbeat dad but his parents are very involved. Maci seems like she is punishing Ryan. She should be encouraging a relationship with the gp's esp since he went to Texas with Maci last year.

I don't like Blonde Farrah. She did seem fairly normal with Paolo.

Gary & Kristina need to watch Leah' s weight. Amber & Loser Matt were mad that Gary was asking about their wedding plans.  I disagree, he has a right to know about plans that will affect Leah. He doesn't have a right to know their baby plans, but I think a lot of guys his she are just stupid and don't get why that question is off limits.

I'd be so proud if my child's gramps got her a t-shirt about freedom from jail. So classy.

• Love 5
(edited)

I guess Mackenzie uses Ryan's condition as a excuse as to why he has nothing to do with Bentley unless he is forced to.

I know Bentley expressed interest in not going but Maci could have explained to him that this was family who hadn't seen him in a long time. Also, Maci, you know how Ryan is, this isn't about him, it's about Bentley seeing his extended family. Also, don't punish Larry and Jen for Ryan's foolishness.

Farrah on the after show...talk about nipped, sucked, tucked an inflated.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 20

Maci should have just had Taylor tell Ryan that Bentley was not gonna go with him to Alabama. That's what Amber or Jenelle would have done; send the middleman. 

In all seriousness, though, she should not have posed it as a question to Bentley. She should have just told him "This year you're going to Alabama....." 

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

What's Ryan's condition?

My thoughts on the Texas/Alabama thing. Maci shouldn't have even mentioned Texas. She should have just said Mimi and Papa want to take you to Alabama to visit family. Instead, she's all, "we're going to Texas, Mimi and Papa want you to come to Alabama, do you want to go?" Not that he shouldn't have a say or a choice, but of course he's going to want to go to Texas with them. I think it was a bit of manipulation. She was too happy that he didn't want to go. She better stop playing with Jen and Larry like that.  They've been too good to her. She could have tried a little harder with Bentley. Maybe should have let them ask him if would come with them.

I wonder if they have a custody agreement. If not, Ryan needs to get on it and work this whole holiday thing out.

I hate the nickname "Boo Boo" so much!! It's so dumb!

There is speculation that Ryan suffered a traumatic brain injury after being involved in a  major car accident a few years ago or he developed a drug addiction.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I guess Mackenzie uses Ryan's condition as a excuse as to why he has nothing to do with Bentley unless he is forced to.

I know Bentley expressed interest in not going but Maci could have explained to him that this was family who hadn't seen him in a long time. Also, Maci, you know how Ryan is, this isn't about him, it's about Bentley seeing his extended family. Also, don't punish Larry and Jen for Ryan's foolishness.

Farrah on the after show...talk about nipped, sucked, tucked an inflated.

I agree. Larry and Jen should not be punished for Ryan's foolishness.  

Do Maci and Ryan have a court ordered custody agreement that outlines the decision making and visitation etc.? 

• Love 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

What's Ryan's condition?

He's a Stony McStonerson, drug of choice? Whatever he can get his hands on, most likely.  I swear I've seen him go through alot of different ones over the last couple of seasons. Remember his tie-dye stage?

He did seem a little more lucid than usual this episode, although I did lol when Mckenzie said something about him needing a Xanax.  *soft voice over intercom, a'la "One Flew Over The Cockoo's Nest," - "Medication time...medication time..."*  But, noooo, she's his *almost* of drinking-age girlfriend, not his live-in psychiatric nurse, right?

And just how pissed was Matt when Leah tried to make him disappear? She was only doing what we all want him to do.

Farrah's face has gone full-blown "Simpson's" character - hey! She's even yellow!

Catelynn is such a drag.  And WHY can't Nova EVER wear pants? Okay - my kids are grown (and boys) and it's been awhile - so what's the norm for potty training for girls these days? Isn't just 2 years old a little young? 

Edited by pheebs
mi speelung knot sew guud
  • Love 9

Look I get that's maci stepped up and Ryan never did and probably never will but yes Maci is really hurting Larry and Jen here. Larry wanted Bentley to see his side of the family. I also get that Bentley didn't want to go, but I mean.. don't they have some sort of agreement and trade off on holidays? They should. I'm pretty sure they do. But Larry and Jen get hurt and they've been nothing but kind to Maci constantly.

Leah wanting to make Matt disappear.. HIGHLIGHT!!!

• Love 14
(edited)

Oh, Ryan.  I understand his, Larry, and Jen's frustration, but this is a perfect example of why clearly spelled-out visitation agreements should be created, in as much painstaking detail as each individual situation requires.  When two people can't work together, regardless of the reason, visitation schedules are a godsend until the child is old enough to have more of a say in the division of time.  It's the only thing that saved my sanity when my daughter was small and I was dealing with a checked-out ex-husband/sperm donor who didn't want to participate in handling the everyday tasks of parenthood (or help pay for them), but was more than ready to swoop in at holiday time to pick up his adorable daughter and play Doting Daddy to his distant relatives.  A visitation agreement is the difference between engaging in pointless arguing with a moron and simply referring him to the schedule and moving on with life.  I'm no Maci apologist (in fact, I can't stand her), but I completely understand this one.  All of that being said, Jen and Larry deserve better than this.  This would have been a great opportunity for Maci to send Bintley with them and begin switching off holidays the following year.  Asking a boy that small if he wants to go with them is neither effective nor fair.  Maci knew very well what his answer would be.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, PreviouslyTV said:

From Butch to Kim to Catelynn's empty womb, there's a whole lot of hokey-pokey going on.

View the full article

Under the fashion section, there is a woman wearing leggings that are  probably part of the LuLaRoe visual torture clothing line that is presently sweeping the nation and which has made me temporarily blind. Do these people not have family to tell them how awful it looks? Is it my complete lack of fashion sense? Will someone think of the children? Thank goodness LuLaRoe is going down in flames, maybe it will save future generations from blindness.

54 minutes ago, pheebs said:

Remember his tie-dye stage?

I don't actually have a comment on your post, but needed to tell the world that your avatar has saved my eyesight. Thank you and your adorable fluffball.

• Love 9

Tyler is looking beaten down. I almost felt sorry for him tonight. I don't know why. I go back and forth as to which one in that relationship I hate the most. Tonight was just Cate's turn, I guess. 

Farrah? Meh. Boring. I like the horse, though. 

Matt looked PISSED when Leah tried to make him disappear. I laughed my ass off. 

• Love 18

Do you all notice that Maci's storyline is Ryan?  When the cameras are rollin, Ryan is who she chooses to talk and complain about.  Now if the producers are choosing to air her Ryan talk which is pretty repetitive and boring , her actual life must be beyond uninteresting.  Come on Maci find a new subject.  Surely there are other people in your life that you feel superior to besides Ry.  

• Love 15

If looks could kill...Matt looked like he wanted to go 5150 at that party. (Calif. Welfare & Institutions Code:a danger to themselves, a danger to others, and/or gravely disabled).

Seeing Gary's brother, I now know how Gary would look if he lost some weight

• Love 13

The funniest line of the night for me was after Farrah said to her mother that she has her own stuff to work on and her mother has hers.......her mother replied, and I quote, "doctors told me that I was fine and I didn't need therapy Farrah".  LOL, and she said that with a straight face.  I am starting to understand why Farrah gets frustrated because her mother will look her in the face and lie.  I said, oh oh, but the meltdown didn't happen and Farrah didn't bolt from the room in tears.  Farrah instead said, "you know what, I don't need shit around me anymore".  Hmmm maybe Farrah's therapy is working afterall.  Now if we can get delusional Debra back to her therapist, we might have peace in the kingdom of Farrah.

• Love 9

Farrah has the means and the ability to stay away from Deb. If her mother bothers her that much, Farrah can pick up and move and stop bothering Deb to help her with all her business ventures and to be a free babysitter. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Oh poor Ryan..he's such a good dad just trying to spend time with his son. Lmao not! What a joke. Ryan sucks and now that he has some chick who makes him act like a human and do things he should've been doing for 8 years, they're all supposed to just change their lives.

Obviously Bentley would want to be with his two actual siblings amd actual parents..and not with his drugged out older brother slash sperm donor.

How much land does Farrah have? Like just cause she wants to have a mini horse doesn't mean it ok.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 14
(edited)

How old is Jen? I'm with Ryan, or maybe Jen & Larry, on the Alabama trup.  Ok maybe Ryan is a deadbeat dad but his parents are very involved. Maci seems like she is punishing Ryan. She should be encouraging a relationship with the gp's esp since he went to Texas with Maci last year.

Jen and Larry are wonderful grandparents.  But if I were Maci I wouldn't want to give up spending Thanksgiving with Bentley since Ryan really isn't involved.  But I do believe Maci owes it to Jen and Larry to let them take Bentley to Alabama at another time to meet Larry (or whoever's distant relatives).  Maci should take Bentley to Texas for Thanksgiving, and the Alabama trip should be scheduled at Jen and Larry's convenience.

And also, why on earth did MTV air that segment with Bentley adjusting himself?  It's a totally normal thing for little boys to do, but he deserves better than having it broadcast on national television.  He's a sweet kid, and has enough problems dealing with Ryan's issues (and Maci doesn't seem like the world's kindest person either) and he doesn't need this nonsense broadcast on television.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 13
(edited)
59 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

And also, why on earth did MTV air that segment with Bentley adjusting himself?  It's a totally normal thing for little boys to do, but he deserves better than having it broadcast on national television.  He's a sweet kid, and has enough problems dealing with Ryan's issues (and Maci doesn't seem like the world's kindest person either) and he doesn't need this nonsense broadcast on television.

MTV had no problem airing Bentley when he was naked from the waist down and was trying to "shoot at the cookies" in his potty. The cameras then followed him outside as Maci and her then-boyfriend, took him to pee on a tree in the front yard. In fact, MTV aired that scene again in the after-show. I have always been bothered by that scene because I felt it wasn't necessary. In this day and age with some people who are actively seeking images of children on television and on the internet who are nearly naked for their sick pleasure, I would think at least Maci would have ensured Bentley wasn't shown naked from the waist down with his butt shown to the camera, and that MTV would be even smarter and choose not to air such scenes. We get it. Kids will walk around without clothes some of the time, but that is usually done in the privacy of their own home. Not in front of cameras for millions to view. 

Speaking of the after-show, Amber and Cate pointing out "Parenting 101" with regards to a scene with Farrah...bitches, please! Amber, you were high for most of Leah's life growing up and Cate, your mother takes care of your kid so the both of you can STFU. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 19

I'm pretty sure the producers put a mic on Starburst.  When he was eating his carrot, that crunch-crunch-crunch sound was so loud!!  It was hilarious.  

Seriously, what happened to Ryan?  He acts like a totally different person from previous years.  

I'm no fan of Tyler but watching him on the floor with his arm around the Doberman was so sweet.

Amber, never wear that pink trench coat again.

I agree with another poster saying I hate the nickname Boo Boo!  

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

MTV had no problem airing Bentley when he was naked from the waist down and was trying to "shoot at the cookies" in his potty. The cameras then followed him outside as Maci and her then-boyfriend, took him to pee on a tree in the front yard. In fact, MTV aired that scene again in the after-show. I have always been bothered by that scene because I felt it wasn't necessary.

I forgot about that scene until you just mentioned it. I turned channels when they were airing the "adjusting" conversation in this episode because it bothered me so much, but plan to watch it after getting drunk because I want to see Leah make Matt disappear. 

• Love 2

This episode is a prime example of how this series forces toxic parents to stay in their child's lives. Without MTV money, they would be gone and the child's life would be so much easier. 

Ryan --> Bentley

Butch --> Tyler

Amber --> Leah

Deb --> Farrah

• Love 11
6 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Oh, Ryan.  I understand his, Larry, and Jen's frustration, but this is a perfect example of why clearly spelled-out visitation agreements should be created, in as much painstaking detail as each individual situation requires.  When two people can't work together, regardless of the reason, visitation schedules are a godsend until the child is old enough to have more of a say in the division of time.  It's the only thing that saved my sanity when my daughter was small and I was dealing with a checked-out ex-husband/sperm donor who didn't want to participate in handling the everyday tasks of parenthood (or help pay for them), but was more than ready to swoop in at holiday time to pick up his adorable daughter and play Doting Daddy to his distant relatives.  A visitation agreement is the difference between engaging in pointless arguing with a moron and simply referring him to the schedule and moving on with life.  I'm no Maci apologist (in fact, I can't stand her), but I completely understand this one.  All of that being said, Jen and Larry deserve better than this.  This would have been a great opportunity for Maci to send Bintley with them and begin switching off holidays the following year.  Asking a boy that small if he wants to go with them is neither effective nor fair.  Maci knew very well what his answer would be.

Exactly!  And Larry and Jen should be angry at Ryan, not Maci.  Ryan should have fought for a visitation arrangement. He clearly didn't.  I'm no fan of Maci either but she can't be blamed for their son being a loser.  i am really hoping this is cooked up drama for a story line for Maci because this is ridiculous.  

• Love 22

I, too, want to defend Maci a little bit here.  Bentley is eight years old, and his father is kind of a stranger to him.  Worse, he's a disappointment whenever he's forced to do something with his own kid.  And probably stoned or spaced out and disengaged as well.  All of that makes Bentley really uncomfortable around him, and I don't blame him for feeling uneasy around Ryan, or Maci for being attuned to it.  I get that Jenn and Larry get shortchanged in this scenario, but they a) raised the guy; and b) enable his do-nothing parenting and slacker ways.  And maybe more to the point - Ryan's the father, and these kinds of decisions and discussions should be between the parents, not the grandparents.  

Since I think texting is a ridiculous way to co-parent with someone, maybe a better approach would have been for Maci and Ryan to talk about the bigger picture here instead of Maci texting "Nope.  He's coming with us," and Ryan texting back "Screw you."  But as I typed that sentence, I realize Maci's tried that a million times, to no avail.  Jenn and Larry love being grandparents, but Ryan doesn't love being a father, nor does he have any interest in being one, and that's the bottom line.  All the problems seem to stem from that.

I agree.  Rather than filming a scene where you bitch about how much control Maci has, why didn't Larry/Jen simply pick up the phone, call Maci, and explain how important this trip is to them?  Having Ryan halfassedly text Maci about it was lame.  I don't blame Maci one bit for asking Bentley what he wanted to do. Why should she have to be the bad guy and force him to go with his Dad?

So Amber is bi-polar with borderline personality disorder?  I wonder if Gary knew that before this episode?

• Love 5

After 8 yrs I can't believe Maci and Ryan still don't have a visitation/ holiday schedule.  Ryan never pushed it and Maci loves the power.  After Maci's text " nope, he's coming with us", I would have said "Fine....I will have him for Christmas!". Then let Maci piss and moan about it the entire holiday season.

• Love 9

Larry and Jen need to stop watching Maci's kids. I'm sure they're very offended that Bentley is with Taylor's family for another holiday season.  I think Larry and Jen have a strong case for some legal grandparent visitation schedule.  That said, Maci and Ryan need a legal shared parenting plan so each holiday is scheduled fairly between families.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Ryan has always put off having an official custody/visitation order. I think it's because he knows he won't keep to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Maci's field producers encourage both families to delay a shared parenting plan schedule. "Where's Ryan?" is the only story line for Maci's segments. 

What is up with the skin of Maci's baby? Is that fetal alcohol syndrome?

Poor Lil Starburst. I knew it was coming, since I follow her thread in real time, but seeing the poor, little pony in the hands of crazy Sophia and Farrah really upset me. We know how these girls are with pets. How many dogs has Farrah had now? They bring animals in and out of their houses like lightbulbs. And she's surprised that neighbors are all up in her business? Doesn't she now have it registered as a service animal? Pssssh. 

Oh, and suddenly she needs to move to LA because of allergies? How long has she been in Austin now? She just coincidentally gets allergies all of a sudden? Again...pssssh. 

I felt like I lost 1000 brain cells watching the conversation between Farrah and Paola. Those fake laughs and fake faces. Egads. 

That #freebutch shirt did not make me laugh. I'm pretty over Butch's shit right now. Free YOURSELF. How bow dah? 

Tyler and Cate and the more kids talk....just stop. I actually think Cate's fear over PPD is a valid one. My sister had severe PPD with her first child, that suddenly turned into postpartum psychosis. It was scary. She's actually pregnant again, and I'll admit I'm pretty worried about it, but this was a decision not made lightly. Her OB and psychiatrist were all a part of it, and they know what to watch for now. But I could totally understand not wanting to even risk something like that again. 

Honestly, Tyler doesn't even LOOK like he really wants another. It's like everything he says these days - words, but no feelings. It's like he thinks he just NEEDS to have another kid, but I don't really see the desire there. Maybe just to have a boy, but that's no guarantee. I think they need to just wrap it up. Literally. 

And Amber is devastated because she can't have kids due to her bi-polar medication? Look, I'm not going to quibble. Simply because Amber and Matt (especially MATT) are probably the last 2 people on earth I want having kids. But you can suffer from bi-polar and have kids. My sister mentioned above? Bi-polar. There are different medications and some are okay to take while pregnant. You can get monitored weekly to see how much is getting into your bloodstream and things like that. Again, I don't WANT them having kids, so whatever BS Amber needs to tell herself, I'm all for it. But I think it's BS. 

Here's how I see it. Amber doesn't want to have kids with Matt. He'd probably be fine with it, because that's what he does - spreads his nasty seed from coast to coast, trying to get his claws into naive women. And I think deep down (maybe WAY deep down), Amber knows this. And she doesn't want to go there. She's too prideful to admit to all Matt's fuckery and leave him, BUT....she's not going to let herself have a kid with him. That's how I see it. 

Also, I really don't think homegirl enjoys being a mom all that much. So, whatever the reason, I'll at least give her props for closing that door. 

The joint birthday party was nice, but when those 4 get together it always feels so awkward. I did love how Amber straight up told Christina, "I'm sending all the big shit home with you guys!" I guess Amber and Matt don't have room for any big toys, what with the couches they never sit on and piles of blankets everywhere. 

So I have really conflicting feelings about Thanksgiving 2016 with the Edwards-Bookout families. On the one hand, I get Maci's point - Ryan is NEVER around. He doesn't hardly ever make plans with Bentley. When he does, it's generally at the insistence of his parents. And even then, he shows up late or not at all. He could give two fucks, been this way Bentley's entire life. So I can see how Bentley would rather spend the holidays with the stable half of his family; he's never really expressed much interest in going off with Ryan. 

However, I feel for Larry and Jenn. They HAVE been there for Bentley. They spend tons of time with him and he loves them to pieces. I felt bad for them, wanting him to see members of the family he hasn't seen in years. The thing with separated parents is - the kid isn't going to ALWAYS get to do what they want. My parents split before I was even born and I spent all my holidays going back and forth, taking turns, etc. It wasn't always what I wanted, but it's what I did. I think it would have been nice if Maci encouraged Bentley to go to Alabama, since he went to Texas last year. I really don't think she's trying to keep him all to herself or lord her power over Ryan or anything, but I do think she could have been a bit more understanding of Bentley's grandparents and tried to work something out. 

Then again, this is all on Ryan for never taking the initiative to actually get a lawyer and go to court and get a legit custody arrangement on the books. If he would just do that, then he could say, "This year is my holiday and Bentley is coming with me". He never has. So he doesn't really have room to complain. 

See? Conflicted!!!

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Christina said:

There was a conversation between Maci and Bentley where she was talking to him about Thanksgiving plans and told him to quit "adjusting himself." There was absolutely no reason to air that, MTV and this show have disgusted me, again, with their complete lack of care for these kids,

I forgot to mention this in my post, but AMEN. I was so appalled that they actually aired that. Little boys mess with their junk. A lot. I'm constantly having to tell my sons to get their hands out of their pants. The entire world does NOT need to hear/see that. Poor Bentley. How mortifying. 

I wish they'd quit showing the potty training stuff too. 

11 hours ago, druzy said:

The name of this episode should have been "Abracadabra Disappear Matt". 

HA! If only Leah's magic powers were real.....

8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Tyler is looking beaten down. I almost felt sorry for him tonight. I don't know why. I go back and forth as to which one in that relationship I hate the most. Tonight was just Cate's turn, I guess. 

LOL, I'm the same way. But I actually feel like Tyler is legit depressed right now. There is no joy, about anything. He just looks so apathetic all the time. But Cate won't let him have a turn on the "mental illness" merry-go-round, so he's fucked. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Speaking of the after-show, Amber and Cate pointing out "Parenting 101" with regards to a scene with Farrah...bitches, please! Amber, you were high for most of Leah's life growing up and Cate, your mother takes care of your kid so the both of you can STFU. 

This!  Neither of those girls have any right to judge Farrah's parenting skills.  There's plenty of footage showing their crap parenting.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, MitaJo said:

What's Ryan's condition?

My thoughts on the Texas/Alabama thing. Maci shouldn't have even mentioned Texas. She should have just said Mimi and Papa want to take you to Alabama to visit family. Instead, she's all, "we're going to Texas, Mimi and Papa want you to come to Alabama, do you want to go?" Not that he shouldn't have a say or a choice, but of course he's going to want to go to Texas with them. I think it was a bit of manipulation. She was too happy that he didn't want to go. She better stop playing with Jen and Larry like that.  They've been too good to her. She could have tried a little harder with Bentley. Maybe should have let them ask him if would come with them.

I wonder if they have a custody agreement. If not, Ryan needs to get on it and work this whole holiday thing out.

I hate the nickname "Boo Boo" so much!! It's so dumb!

Don't she call her brother "Bubby" or something stupid like that?.....stupid bitch! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Sorry, posted in the wrong forum: lil Starburst needs to have a thought bubble animated into all of its scenes where it speaks as the voice of the audience. Then and only then will I go back to watching. 

I am with you. I will not watch. But I laugh and laugh and love this forum.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

ILOL, I'm the same way. But I actually feel like Tyler is legit depressed right now. There is no joy, about anything. He just looks so apathetic all the time. But Cate won't let him have a turn on the "mental illness" merry-go-round, so he's fucked. 

Look at the dark circles around Tyler's eyes. He is either out all night (don't think that's happening), not able to sleep because of anxiety/depression or abusing Opiates. Cannabis doesn't cause dark circles like that.

• Love 5

Maci should have never given Bentley any options and just told him he was going with Jen and Larry. It was obviously important to them to show him off to their extended family, and Maci could have allowed them that opportunity. Jen and Larry have been utterly supportive of Maci and her kids over the years, and their kindness seems genuine, not something they use as a ploy to stay close to Bentley. Maci could have let them have this one.

Amazing how Christopher showed up for the birthday party but couldn't visit with his own siblings in the Being Matt special. I'm betting he used this appearance to wheedle cash out of Matt, because no way does he care enough to voluntarily come to an eight year old's party. Even though Leah has to put up with random people filtering in and out of her life via Matt, she seems to have a stable, loving home environment with Gary. And Christina looks like a breath of fresh air compared to Amber.

"I can't have my parents' relationship and I feeding her the negative things of bad interaction, for like when she gets to be my age of 25, and us." How the hell does Farrah survive in the world when this is the way she communicates? Every time she speaks it taxes my brain because I have to translate her disjointed sentences into regular English. But I'm sure the tourism authority of San Diego is thrilled Farrah managed to sing the city's praises without too much stumbling.

Cate and Tyler absolutely don't need another child, since most of the time it seems they leave Nova to be raised by their dogs. And least she was dressed for much of this episode, though.

• Love 15

Starburst is adorable.  #Freestarburst.  

I did laugh at the free Butch t-shirt.  That was pretty funny.  

Maci looked horrible in the lighting when she was talking to her friend, and going through old baby clothes.  Yikes. 

Tyler does seem depressed and emotionless.  

That was awesome when Leah tried to dissapear Matt.  The look on his face was gold.  

In the aftershow, Cate and Amber actually looked really pretty. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh, and suddenly she needs to move to LA because of allergies? How long has she been in Austin now? She just coincidentally gets allergies all of a sudden? Again...pssssh. 

God, I'm so loathe to defend Farrah ever but this is actually a thing.  I lived in Austin for 3 years and was fine for 2 but the third year I had crazy allergies out of nowhere.  I had never had them in my life.  I think it's cedar that's bad down there and it's like your body suddenly has enough and can't deal with it anymore. It happened to my ex and some friends as well but all on different timetables.

Side note, I love Austin so much and every time they show the collage of the city at the beginning of Farrah's segments it makes me so happy for a second.  And then I realize I'm going to have to look at Farrah and it makes me sad.

Also, what is with the "Beef 4 Sale" sign MTV keeps showing as part of Cate and Tyler's intro?  Are they trying to tell us something?

• Love 5