Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, louannems said:
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Posted here since we have a Baby Garrett sighting!

Joy brought her diaper bag, but where is Giddy up?

Could Jill be holding him? It's hard to tell, but the baby she's holding looks smaller and happier than Sam.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Posted here since we have a Baby Garrett sighting!

Other than Jeremy, what could these stunted chronological adults discuss? How long can you discuss Jesus, your favorite bible verse, and favorite hymn?

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

Please tell me that isn’t Garrett wrapped up like Jill does to her kids. Maybe he was tired?!? I hope so...

To me it looks like she has the blanket over him - he doesn’t look like a burrito!!

• Love 14

So are we to presume that the banished from TLC Dillweed took the picture?

I really hope Jilly was not one of Abbie's brides matrons.  Dillweed and his butting into the ceremony would surely be blotted out, and he's just an asshole for doing that, what?  At least a couple of times.  

• Love 3

Someone on FJ claims to have been at the wedding. When another member stated if she was a betting woman she’d bet Jana was the only Duggar bridesmaid, the alleged insider responded it’s time to go to Vegas, or something similar. Of course take it with an eighteen wheeler full of salt. 

• Love 3

Garrett looks like Jill's Sam. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel bad for whoever the non-Duggar guy is in Jinger's round table picture. He for sure will be pegged as Jana's or Laura's future husband.

Gee Whiz,   In Touch magazine on-line already has an article saying "fans are speculating". 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Hmm, can’t imagine what stimulating discussion would be had at a round table of Duggars!

Jesus, Babies, Jesus, babies, x 100 oh and Jeremy talking about himself.

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 20
5 hours ago, SMama said:

Other than Jeremy, what could these stunted chronological adults discuss? How long can you discuss Jesus, your favorite bible verse, and favorite hymn?

It’s a “Coffee Lab”. They must have been discussing coffee. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel bad for whoever the non-Duggar guy is in Jinger's round table picture. He for sure will be pegged as Jana's or Laura's future husband.

To spice it up I may start a rumor he is Jana *and* Laura's future husband and they are horning in on the Brown's polygamy show.  They could cancel the Brown's and get a twofer with the Duggars.  

9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Sam never smiles or looks happy. 

Nope.  Just bewildered

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

To spice it up I may start a rumor he is Jana *and* Laura's future husband and they are horning in on the Brown's polygamy show.  They could cancel the Brown's and get a twofer with the Duggars. 

Would need a set of high order multiples though. Time to get a set of septuplets or octuplets.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Strange that there’s no mention of Garrett, not even a picture.

4473C6CD-95E4-4A05-A10E-87A31E4D331A.jpeg

These photos have shown me that Amy’s face hasn’t changed a day. That’s the same face just on a taller body. 

Odd they didn’t mention Garrett. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Who are these "many other young men" to whom Joe is a wonderful example? I assume it means he either spends time kicking the wayward back into line at some Alert-type facility or is utilizing his Clown College coursework to godbother young men on the street. (Or it's unadulterated boilerplate bullshit -- sort of like the "thousands" of young women who've been brought to Christ by Jessa.) But what, exactly, is he a "wonderful example" of, I wonder?

Entering your semi-arranged marriage at just the right time to provide camera fodder for a season of Counting On? Producing a honeymoon baby with your teenage wife? Living on your parents' property and taking a paycheck from dad while you're a married guy with a kid? I remember he did win some points from me by his high dudgeon over Joshley's antics. But, of course, he also totally went with the family line of fulminating over the extramarital stuff while pretending that the intra-family child molestation never happened.  

So I guess he's a "wonderful example" of a total brainwashee whose honeymoon baby can help godly Mama and godly Pops meet their quota of 200 grandbabies for Jesus. Something all young men should aspire to, definitely.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23

In Australia a “God Botherer” is someone knocks on your door to talk about God.   “Who was that at the door?”  “Just a couple of God botherers.  Told them we’re not interested.”  

It is also used for those at train stations, in the streets (we don’t see them so much) and even the Salvation Army who may come to a pub to take donations on a Friday after work.  It is a lovely expression as it works two ways: they bother you about God, and they bother God with their prayers.  Bother used this way means to annoy or pester.

(The Sallies used to get a great haul at the pub I used to go to on a Friday years ago.  They had their timing right - most people would have had one or two drinks so spent just enough to feel they should make a donation, but have money to put some in the box and still have plenty left.  Of course this was in the cash only days.  Not sure if they have tap and go now.)

Back to Joe - he probably did just enough study to fit the God botherer profile. 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, AussiesRule said:

WTF? Who prays (WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!) that your new baby baby will find a Godly wife. That is messed up.

I'm quite sure the Duggars don't. ;  )

(Over 3 billion lies sold!)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If Mechelle actually wrote it, she probably forgot Garrett exists. He’s just another faceless kid who occasionally appears in the echoing halls of the TTH. 

• Love 11

I used to like Joe until that episode where Joy said he “helped her” with accepting their parents faith, if I didn’t think they were a cult before that I definitely did after that, if anyone has a right to question their faith it’s Joy. Don’t get me wrong he seems like a nice sweet kind guy he’s just brainwashed like the rest of them. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I used to like Joe until that episode where Joy said he “helped her” with accepting their parents faith, if I didn’t think they were a cult before that I definitely did after that, if anyone has a right to question their faith it’s Joy. Don’t get me wrong he seems like a nice sweet kind guy he’s just brainwashed like the rest of them. 

Amen.

Typical that the one bit of "college" JB and M may have paid for was the non-credit program Joe took that basically equips you with tools to bring and keep people in the fold. I suppose he was able to use some of his learning to corral Joy. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Puffin said:

So did I. Poor Joy. Its completely okay to question your faith, your parents faith and decide for yourself. Or even "gasp" reject it. But no Joy is so grateful at being dragged back in. Can't let anyone start thinking for themselves. And after everything Joy's been through she has even more right to question her parents' faith.

• Love 17
On 1/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, AussiesRule said:

WTF? Who prays (WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!) that your new baby will find a Godly wife. That is messed up.

This is something that fundamentalists have been saying for awhile now. I heard a QVC host say that about her son who was about to be married that when he was born she and her husband began to pray for a Godly wife for him.  Never heard that before. That would be the last thing on my mind to pray for God to reserve a Godly spouse for a new baby. In fact this term Godly bothers me. It seems somewhat sacrilegious to refer to a human as "Godly." I am so tired of hearing about their Godly spouses.

• Love 21