Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

It’s not so bad. It appears clean, unwrinkled, and it fits. We’ve seen much worse with this crowd. 

And speaking of hair salons, it looks like Kendra is not a stranger to one, either. She may also be acquainted with shampoo, conditioner, and a brush. She's light years ahead of her sisters-in-law Jill, Jessa, and Joy as well as her mother-in-law, Mullet. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

Yes, Michelle and JimBob always kissed in front of their kids.  Constantly. 

I personally absolutely hate social media posts of couples kissing.  Just why do other people need to see your intimate moments?

I mean,  I know these couples are not sharing deep, passionate kissing, just little pecks, but still, what is the point of sharing it?  I know you are married and now you get to kiss.  So what?  Are you guys the only ones in the world doing the kissing and us wordly heathens haven't discovered kissing yet? 

It's rediculous and cringe worthy every time they do it.  Jill and Derick are the worse.

• Love 22

What is worse was when Jill and Jessa said they went to JB and Smugs for kissing tips since they were married and experts on kissing. I cannot believe they went to their brother who molested them and the man who was suppose to protect them from their own brother for tips.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

What is worse was when Jill and Jessa said they went to JB and Smugs for kissing tips since they were married and experts on kissing. I cannot believe they went to their brother who molested them and the man who was suppose to protect them from their own brother for tips.

I don’t think they actually did that- I think it was lip service. Kissing isn’t all that complicated, pretty instinctual if you ask me. 

27 minutes ago, louannems said:

I personally absolutely hate social media posts of couples kissing.  Just why do other people need to see your intimate moments?

I mean,  I know these couples are not sharing deep, passionate kissing, just little pecks, but still, what is the point of sharing it?  I know you are married and now you get to kiss.  So what?  Are you guys the only ones in the world doing the kissing and us wordly heathens haven't discovered kissing yet? 

It's rediculous and cringe worthy every time they do it.  Jill and Derick are the worse.

I know different families and cultural milieus have different expectations of what’s “normal” PDA. I’ve been accused of being a “prickly pear” because the “you may now kiss the bride” is the upper limit of my desire for PDA in public. However some people think it’s great for children to see their parents being affectionate and romantic with each other- I was raised primarily by a single mother who never pressured me into having a partner or a heteronormative lifestyle (that was my business she said), so I admit what I think is “typical” probably isn’t typical (as far as romantic affection goes). 

But we all know this is the Duggars. Most of the time they aren’t kissing or hugging because they think physical affection is a sign of a healthy relationship and they want to display that to their children, or out of genuine expression of love. It’s a PISSING contest and ownership thing. I do believe Joe & Kendra have a natural affection For each other, also they are 20yrs old and those hormones are WHOOSH. They don’t bother me as much as some others because I think it’s coming from a sincere place. 

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It's like going to Dr. Kevorkian for a wellness checkup

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think they actually did that- I think it was lip service. Kissing isn’t all that complicated, pretty instinctual if you ask me. 

I would not be surprise if they did do it. The family seems to think the married couples are experts on relationships and sex. I also remember them saying they went to Anna and Michelle for tips also.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I would not be surprise if they did do it. The family seems to think the married couples are experts on relationships and sex. I also remember them saying they went to Anna and Michelle for tips also.

At least Anna and Michelle are both women! I do firmly believe that adult family members of the opposite sex can be close and be genuine friends, but there are some things a young lady is much more comfortable discussing with her sister or mom compared to her Dad/Brother (even in the most healthy family dynamics- and vice versa). Given the grossness that is Smuggar and the fact that he MOLESTED HIS LITTLE SISTERS I just cannot believe they would want to do that. 

But look at me being logical- you know I’m sure you’re very right and I’m trying to apply normal human rules on the Duggars but the family has so many issues that doesn’t apply. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I kind of think that in the case of the Duggarlings and Duggar adjacents (and maybe JB and M as well?), arrested development is a big part of why they do this stuff. In so many ways these people haven't had the chance to develop socially and interpersonally and, for heaven's sake, sexually (and intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, etc., too, I suppose) at anything like what we'd consider a normal rate.

They really all are stuck at middle-school or early-high-school age for quite a long time, seems to me. And that's the age at which this kind of ostentatious stuff is pretty typical. They just aren't grown up at the age that most people would be grown up. 

I know this feeling from the inside. I was like a 13-year-old in many ways, far into my 20s, because of the same kinds of stunting -- such as isolation from peers, prohibition against making your own choices, lack of normal experiences like socialization and dating with a wide range of people your own age, etc. -- that Duggarlings experience. (and the Duggarlings and even many of the adjacents) have more barriers than I did. They haven't even read books that expose them to normal experiences...)

-- And you do just act -- and feel -- like somebody way way younger than your age.

I had the advantage of living out among normal people. So I fairly quickly noticed how different I was, recognized that both a lot of my impulses, actions and feelings were age-inappropriate. Figured out why. And ultimately was able to suppress some of the outward signs, work through this stuff therapeutically and so on, and become more normal (though never fully normal, even at that). 

The Duggars, by contrast, are living in their bubble. For them, acting younger than their calendar ages in some dumb ways seems perfectly fine, I expect. 

I don't think arrested development is the whole story. THe other things like ownership and pissing contests and such that folks have mentioned above play roles, too, I think. But I do think that arrested development is also a strong contributor. That's my theory, anyway. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think arrested development is the whole story. THe other things like ownership and pissing contests and such that folks have mentioned above play roles, too, I think. But I do think that arrested development is also a strong contributor. That's my theory, anyway. 

This makes a lot of sense thanks for sharing your perspective. 

• Love 4

I think a lot of it is also that they need to show that all the Godly courting, waiting for God (aka JB) to lead you to the perfect spouse he planned for you since the beginning of time, and staying absolutely unsullied until your wedding day is a guarantee that your marriage will be one of fairytale love and neverending desire for ever and ever, amen. And the kissing pictures are, of course, absolute proof that the magic never dies *cough*.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

When did Easter Sunday become Resurrection Day? I must have missed the memo.

I wondered that all day yesterday when I saw all the Duggar’s call it that!

Kendra is a doll. I don’t agree with her life choices, but she’s clean, happy, and as we saw in Greece - social and normal acting. Now just keep Joe’s tongue off the plate. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I've heard that for at least 30 years - its due to 'Easter' being associated with pagan gods. Why they don't come up with something new for Chirstmas, I'll never know.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

My friend Google led me to a discussion which included this reason why some protestants call it Resurrection Day/Sunday: "Because “Easter” is derived from the name of the fertility goddess Astarte."

Ah. Pagan heathen stuff! OTOH you'd think those Quiverfull breeders for Jesus could spare a little respect for a fertility goddess, seeing as how they worship fertility so devoutly themselves. 

30 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Kendra is a doll. I don’t agree with her life choices, but she’s clean, happy, and as we saw in Greece - social and normal acting. Now just keep Joe’s tongue off the plate. 

I agree. That pink dress Kendra's wearing looks appropriate, properly sized, and attractive. Unlike Lauren's big yellow circus tent, a truly cringeworthy choice that actually stands out as kind of special, among all the Duggars' cringeworthy fashion tragedies over the years.

And although Jill's worn many worse looks than that Citrus and Gatorade dress she wore to church, it's nowhere near as nice looking as Kendra's dress. 

Edited by Jeeves
clarity is nice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I've heard that for at least 30 years - its due to 'Easter' being associated with pagan gods. Why they don't come up with something new for Chirstmas, I'll never know.

Yup...What they really need to do, if they are that worried about Pagan gods, is rename the days of the week!

Oh, and isn't Kendra's dress the one she wore as a bridesmaid?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

@Jeeves made a good point. Also people who have a problem with Santa Claus also dislike the Easter Bunny and other commercial elements of Easter.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yup...What they really need to do, if they are that worried about Pagan gods, is rename the days of the week!

Oh, and isn't Kendra's dress the one she wore as a bridesmaid?

I think the dress is a bridesmaid dress from Si's and Lauren's wedding. 

• Love 9

I was born and raised in a Baptist church and I have never heard the “pagan” reasoning for not calling it Easter! That’s definitely new to me! People I know do sometimes refer to Easter as Ressurection Day, because it is the day (observed, anyway) that Jesus resurrected from the dead. But everyone I know still refers to, and celebrates “Easter” as well. In fact, after church yesterday, my church had an egg hunt, AND the Easter Bunny there for the kids. And the Easter Bunny came to my house and left a bunch of eggs and huge Easter baskets for my kids. I know there are some people who don’t do Santa and Easter Bunny for their own personal reasons (that I obviously don’t agree with), but I have never understood why you can’t have the true meaning of these holidays while still keeping some holidY magic for the kids. They can co-exist. I grew up with Bible preaching all the time, went to a Christian school...I KNEW the real meaning of the holidays. And yet, Santa still came every year. I was never confused by this. I’m raising my kids the same way. We absolutely talk about the “why” of the holidays, but we have fun with them as well. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, louannems said:

These things aren't aimed at us confirmed heathens and evil Catholic, I don't think. They are all Fundy Lifestyle Ads. Also known as "Being an ENCOURAGEMENT."  They're propaganda for the movement. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say 🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢

• Love 16
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

I was born and raised in a Baptist church and I have never heard the “pagan” reasoning for not calling it Easter! That’s definitely new to me! People I know do sometimes refer to Easter as Ressurection Day, because it is the day (observed, anyway) that Jesus resurrected from the dead. But everyone I know still refers to, and celebrates “Easter” as well. In fact, after church yesterday, my church had an egg hunt, AND the Easter Bunny there for the kids. And the Easter Bunny came to my house and left a bunch of eggs and huge Easter baskets for my kids. I know there are some people who don’t do Santa and Easter Bunny for their own personal reasons (that I obviously don’t agree with), but I have never understood why you can’t have the true meaning of these holidays while still keeping some holidY magic for the kids. They can co-exist. I grew up with Bible preaching all the time, went to a Christian school...I KNEW the real meaning of the holidays. And yet, Santa still came every year. I was never confused by this. I’m raising my kids the same way. We absolutely talk about the “why” of the holidays, but we have fun with them as well. 

Well, maybe I unfairly malign the Duggars here. But I think they do this to prove that they're better than everybody else.

Just like they have more children than anybody else, they also have more purity and more rejection of anything secular and more modesty. Etc. Etc. I think it's always a contest with them. "You don't totally reject any vaguely pagan-related traditions like the word "Easter"? Well, ha ha ha, WE do. Because we're not weak-sauce Christians like most people. We're the best!" 

Whenever they describe anything that's related to themselves, it's always the best. Even when that's laughable. Like when they describe how the "Duggar Academy" education is the best possible preparation to be a successful adult. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say 🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢

Even if there are no family issues like the Duggars have, getting tips from relatives on kissing is yuck. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

(that was my business she said)

Wow, that phrase never crossed my mother's lips.

Did Michelle and Jim B kiss in front of their kids? 

Yes, and dry humped in front of them (and all of us viewers who wanted to gouge our eyes out) at the mini-golf course.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

Yes, and dry humped in front of them (and all of us viewers who wanted to gouge our eyes out) at the mini-golf course.

Ha!!! Yes. We did want to gauge our eyes out. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

They would hold hands and kiss on trips in their own little world while the sisters had to wrangle the young'uns. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2019 at 11:48 AM, Churchhoney said:

I kind of think that in the case of the Duggarlings and Duggar adjacents (and maybe JB and M as well?), arrested development is a big part of why they do this stuff. In so many ways these people haven't had the chance to develop socially and interpersonally and, for heaven's sake, sexually (and intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, etc., too, I suppose) at anything like what we'd consider a normal rate.

They really all are stuck at middle-school or early-high-school age for quite a long time, seems to me. And that's the age at which this kind of ostentatious stuff is pretty typical. They just aren't grown up at the age that most people would be grown up. 

I know this feeling from the inside. I was like a 13-year-old in many ways, far into my 20s, because of the same kinds of stunting -- such as isolation from peers, prohibition against making your own choices, lack of normal experiences like socialization and dating with a wide range of people your own age, etc. -- that Duggarlings experience. (and the Duggarlings and even many of the adjacents) have more barriers than I did. They haven't even read books that expose them to normal experiences...)

-- And you do just act -- and feel -- like somebody way way younger than your age.

I had the advantage of living out among normal people. So I fairly quickly noticed how different I was, recognized that both a lot of my impulses, actions and feelings were age-inappropriate. Figured out why. And ultimately was able to suppress some of the outward signs, work through this stuff therapeutically and so on, and become more normal (though never fully normal, even at that). 

The Duggars, by contrast, are living in their bubble. For them, acting younger than their calendar ages in some dumb ways seems perfectly fine, I expect. 

A thousand times yes!  I’m 48 and only in my 40’s did I begin to feel like I’d “caught up” from my stunted upbringing and could function like a bona fide adult socially. I felt like such a fraud. Sometimes still do. 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:52 PM, Lunera said:

The first pic is the first time I’ve seen Garrett resembling Kendra!  And agreed, she looks totally normal for early pregnancy and not milking it for all it’s worth!  

• Love 7
On 4/22/2019 at 1:55 PM, sugarplum said:

Ys that is it, you knew Jesus was real because your parents/ Church/ , Sunday School talked and related to Him all year. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny comes just once a year and he was fun. I had a book years ago "Honey for a childs heart." It was about age appropriate books for children. She talked about this and said she had no problem with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. She said one Easter when her daughter was young she saw her hugging her Easter basket and chanting.. Chocolate bunny's and Christ has risen! Why not both.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, sugarplum said:

I've heard Resurrection Sunday as well because it twins with Good Friday, but we've always had Easter baskets in my natal household and celebrations weren't discouraged.  Same for Christmas - I was taught at a fairly appropriate age that "Santa wasn't real" but that I shouldn't disillusion any children of my acquaintance; and that if my grandparents wanted to hand me presents "from Santa", that I should just play along and not be rude.  So basically, we enjoyed easter bunnies and St. Nick as fiction.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, awaken said:

A thousand times yes!  I’m 48 and only in my 40’s did I begin to feel like I’d “caught up” from my stunted upbringing and could function like a bona fide adult socially. I felt like such a fraud. Sometimes still do. 

The first pic is the first time I’ve seen Garrett resembling Kendra!  And agreed, she looks totally normal for early pregnancy and not milking it for all it’s worth!  

Of course she is not milking her pregnancy after all she is a Duggar in name only.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Kendra did a post about Garrett being such a boy! He wanted to play with a stick he found outside. 

Ha--that reminds me of my mom who always used to say that little boys are born with sticks in their hands. 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Temperance said:

Kendra did a post about Garrett being such a boy! He wanted to play with a stick he found outside. 

16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Because little girls never do that, right?

And, of course, the girls would have to wear leggings under their dresses while playing with the sticks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

My 16 month old girl plays with sticks, rocks, dirt, grass, and even with her brother's car toys... oh the horror right

What are baby girls suppose to do outside if playing with a stick is such a boy thing to do?

Cute pic, lousy comment under it

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 23
21 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

My 16 month old girl plays with sticks, rocks, dirt, grass, and even with her brother's car toys... oh the horror right

What are baby girls suppose to do outside if playing with a stick is such a boy thing to do?

Cute pic, lousy comment under it

Some things never change.  And it is not just a fundie thing.  😪.

• Love 8
On 5/12/2019 at 10:16 AM, ginger90 said:

Stick post. 3 pictures:

Oh Kendra, darling. Just wait until you have your eleventy billion children and you won't have a second to even notice that your child is outside being adorable!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8