Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, graefin said:

I wanted to comment on that too! Jill also has a tendency to feed him her desired response by asking him only yes/no questions ("Are you very happy?"; "Is this lots of fun?"). It's never "how are you feeling?" or "what do you think?" The cult programming starts early.

Not just yes/no questions, but leading yes/no questions. "Don't you love Jesus soooooo much?" "Isn't it wonderful every time a new baby is born?" Only one correct answer to those in Duggarland.

• Love 12

It is bizarre that the congratulatory videos just stopped. Do they all have some new rule they forgot to tell Jill and the public about? Did Michelle finally realize after years of intentionally not praising her children in order to practice and instill humility that the congrats videos are not humble?

My goodness, the other videos were posted before the babies' feet were delivered. They practically went in the other room and filmed congrats videos while others were passing the minutes old newborn around.

I hope young and new to the family Kendra is not feeling hurt because no congrats were posted anywhere.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

That half-hearted video was on day four since the birth of baby Garrett and the Dillards hadn't even visited their new nephew yet.  It is now day seven and no other Duggar sibling has posted a Congratulations video.  Ma and Pa Duggar haven't either!  To do so now would almost be an insult.

I wonder what Kendra (and Joe?) did to deserve this treatment.  Shocking!

Probably didn't allow cameras for the birth.  

• Love 2
(edited)

If Joe and Kendra requested no congratulations videos, for whatever reason (perhaps the fact they aren’t on social media?) it’s fitting the Dillard’s is the only one. Clicks, it’s all about the clicks!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

If jokendra aren’t on social media they won’t know who or who didn’t make a relatively public video. So maybe that’s why there is just the one. We don’t know who has or has not been to see the baby. Is it possible jokendra said don’t post any pictures? Because maybe people or us has rights for $$

• Love 3
(edited)

If People hasn't published a story already, then I doubt they have paid anything for an exclusive or photos. I don't think they'd waste $$ by paying for photos and not publishing right away. This is the umpteenth Duggar grandchild, born to one of the younger sons - who was one of many kids doing THs on the show - and his totally unknown teenaged wife. "A Duggar procreates!" is not exactly stop-the-presses news. Duggars procreate. It's what they do. It's their job. 

Edited to add: I did my homework after posting, sorry for being bassackwards this morning. Looks like People ran a story about the baby on June 9, using a photo credited to TLC. I scanned through it quickly and it didn't seem like any kind of People exclusive. They cited the Duggar family blog, IIRC. The rest of the news stories that turned up in a quick Google search were on June 9 and 10, and seemed to be the usual innernetz echo chamber thing. I think TLC's the only organization with any skin in the game, presumably because they're still rolling with the show. 

Second edit: Okay, this is supposedly the 11th grandchild for Boob and Mechelle. Not quite umpteenth. That will be the one after Jinger's. Who's due to be knocked up again by now? Anna? Jessa? What a bunch of slackers. They'll never get that 100th grandchild for their parents at this rate. 

Edited by Jeeves
Clarity and stuff
  • Love 5

Garrett came early.  TLC probably has to approve the message that the fam sends out (perhaps provide a script and/or camera crew).  I could see them not having everything ready yet.  I bet we see messages drop around Father’s Day.

Jill & Derick aren’t bound by those rules, so post away.

• Love 6

The lack of congratulations videos is odd. I wonder if the girls are jealous that Kendra had an easy delivery followed by a Kate Middleton level of snapback shortly after the birth. Breeding is like bloodsport for these people. There has to be something more to this than nobody bothering to post because Kendra doesn't have an Instagram account.

• Love 12
On 6/14/2018 at 5:13 PM, Temperance said:

How do you know this about Kendra's family? And Austin's?

Just because they're fundie, doesn't mean they're quiverfull.  Michael and Debbi Pearl are definitely fundie and believe in natural family planning. (It's in for example--Born To Be His Helpmate, which was mentioned as a contentious issue by other fundies who read it . )

Thanks; I'm well aware that fundie doesn't equal quiverfull. I know this from the show itself, and writings by both sets of parents. Kendra's dad is the pastor of the Duggars' church. He has given sermons about trusting god with the size of your family and modesty. The number of children they have is normal for couples who forego birth control. To have as many as Michelle is the exception. Austin's parents are also diehard Gothard people by their own admission. They highly encouraged Austin and Joy to trust god with the size of their family. The only unknown with them is exactly how soon they drank the Gothard Kool-Aid, but based on how long they've known the Duggars -- since Joy and Austin were very young -- it's safe to assume that they simply weren't able to have more children.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

So going down the Duggar family blog rabbit hole, they posted the TLC pic of JoKen and baby Garrett, along with letting us all know:

Garrett made his appearance nine days ahead of his June 17th due date, on Joseph and Kendra Duggar’s nine-month anniversary. - 9 month anniversary and the baby is born.  That is so sad to me.  No time to just be a couple and enjoy just the two of you as you start your journey together.  Sigh.

Also Mechelle mentions that Baby Garrett is the lightest grandchild born.  Almost like she's throwing shade at Kendra for not having a ginormous baby like her daughters.  Ok, Mechelle, whatever, but notice how Garrett and Kendra are healthy and looking good, unlike your daughters.

I guess Kendra got pregnant on her wedding night.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So she wins, right?

Depends on the category. Attentive husband? Cleanliness? Demeanor? Pregnancy and childbirth? True modesty? 

I say she wins all of the above, at least over Jill, Jessa, Joy, and Anna. Jury's still out on Jinger.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I guess Kendra got pregnant on her wedding night.  

Maybe, but probably not.  She was due June 17, right?  266 days (average duration of actual pregnancy) would have conception on September 24.   Her LMP would likely have been around September 10.  They did obviously conceive during their first month of marriage though.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Plus wasn't Roxanne Terry's second wife? They may have been relatively older when they had Austin and his sister.

Now that's interesting. I hadn't heard that so had to look it up. Good find! Roxanne was in her 30s when she had her kids, 

11 hours ago, Absolom said:

Maybe, but probably not.  She was due June 17, right?  266 days (average duration of actual pregnancy) would have conception on September 24.   Her LMP would likely have been around September 10.  They did obviously conceive during their first month of marriage though.

LMP on September 10 doesn't make sense with a September 8 wedding date. They would have scheduled the wedding right in the middle of her cycle to avoid the risk of having her period on or near the day. Due dates are generally still calculated with 280 days as the official number (266 as an average is meaningless, as there are more early deliveries in recent decades thanks to rising levels of obesity and older maternal age) , so she likely DID conceive during the first week of her honeymoon.

Edited by becca3891
  • Love 2

And if her cycles are regular, I can definitely see Duggars scheduling the wedding to knock up the bride instantly, since its All About the Reproduction.

• Love 10

The 9 month into marriage mark could be a reason only Jill posted a video about Garret's birth. It's likely the Duggars wanted to avoid all the premarital sex speculation that surrounded Joy.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, becca3891 said:

LMP on September 10 doesn't make sense with a September 8 wedding date.

If they announced her correct due date, it's what we're stuck with.  Even the Duggars can't override nerves and emotion upsetting a woman's cycle.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The 9 month into marriage mark could be a reason only Jill posted a video about Garret's birth. It's likely the Duggars wanted to avoid all the premarital sex speculation that surrounded Joy.

Good point. There was speculation about Jill as well, IIRC. 

Did they coordinate the black and blue outfits?

Joy still, somehow, manages to come off slovenly to me, I don't know why

Joy I think is exhausted and trying to figure out how this happened, and Kendra looks happy

What the heck happened to Joy's left leg?  It's got multiple scrapes and bruises on it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Did they coordinate the black and blue outfits?

Joy I think is exhausted and trying to figure out how this happened, and Kendra looks happy

What the heck happened to Joy's left leg?  It's got multiple scrapes and bruises on it.

Joy's hair looks greasy and dull (and overlong). Kendra's looks clean and brushed. I feel sorry for Joy; I suspect that she'll look at least a little slovenly no matter what. 

Joy's leg looks pretty bad. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

e348fadf-22b6-408e-b1e0-aa002c8fc861.thumb.jpg.d57877fe43d54f231ba1c7776a898bd2.jpg

Joy looks exhausted and Kendra looks genuinely happy... for now.

They celebrated Father’s Day early because of the  trip to California. Is this picture from that Facebook post? Asking because I  was unable to view them. Were the Dillards there?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Her hair would look better done in some way and not just pulled over her head.  The t shirt top isn't lying flat.  So it wrinkles and looks untidy.  Also it isn't even around the bottom.  One side is pulled up.  Altogether it gives her a rumpled look that isn't sleek.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's a cute picture but you're right, they look more like 14 year-olds babysitting their cousins rather than grown, married women. 

I agree, they look like babysitters. And what is up with Joy? At least Kendra looks put together. 

• Love 4

Kendra looks really good here.  She doesn't have on so much make up and I think that is a better look for her. 

In the maternity pictures, Joe looks so HAPPY! Super happy.  That's nice to see.  

Kendra's mom is so pretty and looks classy. (she is so not a Duggar!)

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Her hair would look better done in some way and not just pulled over her head.  The t shirt top isn't lying flat.  So it wrinkles and looks untidy.  Also it isn't even around the bottom.  One side is pulled up.  Altogether it gives her a rumpled look that isn't sleek.

To be fair, holding a baby isn't going to do anything to make your clothes lie sleekly even if you just came off a fashion runway. Things are just going to get rumpled.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

To be fair, holding a baby isn't going to do anything to make your clothes lie sleekly even if you just came off a fashion runway. Things are just going to get rumpled.

Yet Kendra's clothes lie flat and even and she looks pulled together while she's holding a baby.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Yet Kendra's clothes lie flat and even and she looks pulled together while she's holding a baby.

Compare Kendra's mother to Joy's. Christina looks neat and fundie-stylish. Mullet...well, the nickname says it all, doesn't it? Mullet and her sloppy clothing, 1980s makeup, clunky black shoes and heavy black tights. 

It's hard to buck your parents' example. 

• Love 7

I've been saying JoKen are the best-suited couple, from the beginning, as well as some of you.  They both have always seemed happy together, and it seems very genuine.

Yep, I do believe they are "the glass is half-full" optimistic people, and I too, wish that I had that personality type (sometimes.)  

Once in a while, being pessimistic has served me well.  Overall, I envy the optimistic, and type B personalities (not that they are always hand-in-hand.)  No psychologist here.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've been saying JoKen are the best-suited couple, from the beginning, as well as some of you.  They both have always seemed happy together, and it seems very genuine.

Yep, I do believe they are "the glass is half-full" optimistic people, and I too, wish that I had that personality type (sometimes.)  

Once in a while, being pessimistic has served me well.  Overall, I envy the optimistic, and type B personalities (not that they are always hand-in-hand.)  No psychologist here.

Not to monopolize the thread, but this gave me food for thought. I'm a definite type B, but while I'm overall an optimist, I'm also quite prone to depression. I'm not sure how optimism and depression coexist, but somehow they do. People are complicated! LOL

• Love 14

You are so right!  People are complicated, no mistake.

I learn a lot on this forum.  Like, weren't you one that posted about DevaCurl?   Thank you, thank you!

Sorry to wander OT.  If I had had a son, and it had to be one like one of the DugBoys, I'd pick Joe.

• Love 8

The Duggar boys are kinda hard to tell apart but from who I do know, Joe seems like one of the nicest.  Joe is not a Low IQ Duggar.  He is often smiling and seems to have social skills.  The other Duggar boy clods just stand around awkwardly or say weird things in the Talking Head segments.  uh...just no. 

Kendra seems like a genuinely nice girl.  I think they make a great couple and I bet they have a happy marriage. 

• Love 16