Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25: Behind The Scenes

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Annoying just like Nooooova-Leeeeeee

Didn't Brieanna's sister and mother appear on Couples Therapy with Farrah?

Yes, production called the police just like when they called the police when Nathan and Jenelle were having a domestic dispute. They sure as hell didn't call when Amber and Kail assaulted their partners. Fuckers. All of them.

I'm not sure about Couples Therapy but I do remember Brianna and her sister (her name is escaping me) appeared on Family Therapy.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Whoa, this happened to me too! Only one year instead of two, but very loving relationship and he was completely infatuated with me. I knew that since he seemed to love me so much more, I'd have to initiate it if we ever broke up, and just thinking about how much it would hurt him brought tears to my eyes! Anyway, we went on a perfect Disney vacation, where we talked nonstop about our upcoming marriage and how we would bring our kids here. The next week, I went on vacation with my family, and the second I got back, he came over and broke up with me. Forever. He thought for absolutely zero seconds about taking me back. And he really couldn't give me a reason, except that everything felt too "real" (fun side note...this is where I thought Chelsea and cole were going at first, so I'm glad that's not the case!). 

So after a year of dating, it took me a solid year to get over him because the breakup was so out of nowhere and so traumatic. I was 26, and still resorted to things like getting drunk and saying I would drive if he didn't come pick me up, showing up at his house, and ALL KINDS of begging and pleading to at least know what went wrong! Sometimes you just never get a good answer. I'm usually really levelheaded and nonconfrontational, but when someone fucks with you that much, you do things out of grief that embarrass you later. I absolutely believe Kail's cruelty to javi is behind his actions!

ETA: I now have an awesome boyfriend, and he hasn't had a girlfriend since! Karma. 

You know someone is an asshole of a person if they give you no hints that the break up is coming and have 0 guilt after they do it. I had a boyfriend that I had broken up with because we had too many big differences and every time he texted me because he was really upset after the break up, I at least answered him and gave him an honest reason as to why it had to happen and I never ever just ignored him when he wanted an answer. Mostly because I've been in the opposite position where I was the one broken up with and begging for him to answer me and give me honest answers. It is amazing the immaturity and loss of dignity a person will do to themselves because of how hurt they are, but I feel that if you've ever been on the opposite side of things, you should know how that person feels and why they would be so hurt. We obviously don't know the whole story of what happened with Kailyn and Javi, but the way she is acting just shows how cold a person could be. Her treating him the way she does and making him seem like he was never an important part of her life, it's really no wonder he's acting the way that he does. I really don't blame him.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Annoying just like Nooooova-Leeeeeee

Didn't Brieanna's sister and mother appear on Couples Therapy with Farrah?

Yes, production called the police just like when they called the police when Nathan and Jenelle were having a domestic dispute. They sure as hell didn't call when Amber and Kail assaulted their partners. Fuckers. All of them.

Yes, I remember the producers talking to each other like "shit, now we have to call the police, dammit."  They obviously didn't want to but likely had to because they couldn't let a minor leave the lot without their legal guardian.

• Love 9

Just to add to the bad breakups: my boyfriend of 8 years broke up with me via text - three weeks before I was supposed to move across the country to live with him.  We lived together in my state for 5.5 years and he had moved to another state the year prior for work and we had LDR.   I was living in the condo prepping it for its sale  so I could move to his state.   He texted me on a Friday night- "I don't think you should move here yet" and then nothing until the next day when he actually had the balls to call me and break up with me citing that he was afraid of commitment and didn't want to settle down.   So that sucked.  I had to find a new place to live in ASAP and find a new way to live my life at 34 after spending 8 years thinking we'd be together forever.  Luckily I have amazing family and friends who helped me pick up the pieces.   I just got married last month (39 young at heart bride!) and from mutual friends - he hasn't been able to keep a girlfriend in the last 4 years.  

AND to keep this on topic -- Kail and her whole "I have baby fever" can take several seats; Cole looked appropriately skeeved out and amused at Nathan's rambling that he never met Cole before but that Cole reminded him of someone; Leah cracked me up with the fake boobs scene in her dressing room; and Jenelle and David are complete psychos. 

• Love 14

Oh wow, that is awful!!!! Some people can be so heartless. I can't believe you lived together for 5.5 years and somehow that was never considered a "commitment" or "settling down" in his mind. Whaaaaat?! Congratulations on your marriage though!!! So happy for you!!!

i bet Kail is such a horrible person to dump you. I could see her twisting words and facts so that everything you assumed to be true is now questionable. I don't like javi, but I can't imagine the pain he is going through!

• Love 5

@Christina87  The last vacation we took together (about 3 months before he broke up with me), I found an engagement ring box in his backpack while looking for the toothpaste.   When he didn't propose on the trip, I figured he didn't want it to be cliche and wanted to wait until we were in the same state.  Whoops!   Yeah.  I was a mess for year or so after.  But found a great guy who doesn't erase my Teen Mom shows even when the DVR is 87% full.   Thank you for the well wishes!   

As for Kail - she did that when Javi was trying to talk to her on the couch the last episode.   She is the master of double speak, deflection, and verbal manipulation in an argument.    People like her are featured in my anxiety dreams.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

The way that hideous beast questioned Vee's place in this shit show makes my blood boil. Would it kill Joe to at least have Vee's back a little bit?

They should show flashbacks to the scenes where Kail insisted on Javi being present and involved in her discussions with Jo over custody of Isaac.  I hate to see Jo walking on eggshells around her, but he might have to for Issac.  She would turn on him in an instant.  It has to be hard for Vee to take.  

I'm waiting to hear that Kail is refusing to let Lincoln be around Javi's new girlfriend.  You know it's coming.  

Why do these girls in their 20's get plastic surgery, especially the ones who then get pregnant?  Kail's face looked like the Joker on the reunion show.  And I'll never understand the huge ass, not even gonna try.

• Love 21

I have to think there has to be a much larger group of haters (or dislikers) of Kail and Janelle than there are fans. At least I would certainly hope so as I find both of their behavior patterns to be amoral and disgusting. And most of all, heartbreaking for their children. I like to think the society we live in is better than that.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I have to think there has to be a much larger group of haters (or dislikers) of Kail and Janelle than there are fans. At least I would certainly hope so as I find both of their behavior patterns to be amoral and disgusting. And most of all, heartbreaking for their children. I like to think the society we live in is better than that.

You'd be surprised.  There are a LOT of trashy people out there who relate to them.  Hell, they could easily be one of the members of my local moms facebook group.  Some of the posts on there remind me a lot of the Teen Mom storylines.  My favorites are the ones that can't afford to get a dollar store pregnancy test, yet are TRYING to get pregnant.  Why?  Lord knows.

3 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, lezlers said:

You'd be surprised.  There are a LOT of trashy people out there who relate to them.  Hell, they could easily be one of the members of my local moms facebook group.  Some of the posts on there remind me a lot of the Teen Mom storylines.  My favorites are the ones that can't afford to get a dollar store pregnancy test, yet are TRYING to get pregnant.  Why?  Lord knows.

Oh yes.  The local mama groups. Just...WTF. It reminds me of that line from "Girls" where the doctor tells Hannah "You couldn't pay me to be 23 again."  And 23 with multiple kids?  Oh no. no no no no.

• Love 7

Ok.  I'm like @CerealKiller813 now.  Watching the last part of this sh*t show of behind the scenes and my thoughts can't catch up to my rage.  I read all the pages too and watched the first 20 mins on Wednesday but just finished it and I'm flabbergasted.  Kristen (the producer) is the source of my rage now.  She has sold her soul to the Jenelle drama.  Her dramatic sigh in the SUV with Barb (who I like but can see where Jenelle got her hysterics from) when she was crying/angry /worried about the situation and her total annoyance about the police situation.  Ugh.....

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Lizz said:

They should show flashbacks to the scenes where Kail insisted on Javi being present and involved in her discussions with Jo over custody of Isaac.  I hate to see Jo walking on eggshells around her, but he might have to for Issac.  She would turn on him in an instant.  It has to be hard for Vee to take.  

I'm waiting to hear that Kail is refusing to let Lincoln be around Javi's new girlfriend.  You know it's coming.  

Why do these girls in their 20's get plastic surgery, especially the ones who then get pregnant?  Kail's face looked like the Joker on the reunion show.  And I'll never understand the huge ass, not even gonna try.

Why did she have all the surgery then get pregnant. Her ass is a mess. Her face is a wreck and then she goes and gets pregnant. And as you, I don't understand them getting surgery in their 20s. I could think of plenty of other things to spend money on and plastic surgery isn't one of them. What are they going to do when they are 30 or 40? Just age gracefully. There is no need to get ass, lip and other shit done that early in life. I just don't get it.

• Love 10

I get it.  I see why these girls in particular get lots of plastic surgery.   They are on TV all the time and then are body shamed 24/7.   It's sad, but it is what it is.   It's why Kail and Amber surprise me none with their plastic surgeries.   

• Love 3
14 hours ago, lezlers said:

I get SO shocked by all the love for Jenelle on the teen mom FB page!!! The tide has finally turned against Kail there, but you know when she is presenting herself as the poor victim of an uninvolved baby daddy next season, all her little minions will feel sorry for her again. It's just amazing how many people say, "David only has 1 kid he can't see! 1/3! It's not like he can't see any of them! He is so good for Jenelle. Why won't that bitch Barbara give Jace back? Jenelle has a college degree and is a great mom...I saw it on snapchat! I'm pretty sure with Jenelle's degree and David's job they will be fine. I'm 23 have 3 baby daddies no one can judge. I didn't have custody of one until recently too."

like...seriously...the majority of Jenelle posts are like this...

• Love 14

Does anybody know why Jace was the only kid (it seemed) at the studio? Couldn't he have been left at home or at the hotel with a babysitter?

i just think all of the adults in this situation should be ashamed for putting that little boy in the middle of the Janelle-Barb power struggle/MTV ratings grab.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Why did she have all the surgery then get pregnant. Her ass is a mess. Her face is a wreck and then she goes and gets pregnant. And as you, I don't understand them getting surgery in their 20s. I could think of plenty of other things to spend money on and plastic surgery isn't one of them. What are they going to do when they are 30 or 40? Just age gracefully. There is no need to get ass, lip and other shit done that early in life. I just don't get it.

I blame the Kartrashians.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I get SO shocked by all the love for Jenelle on the teen mom FB page!!! The tide has finally turned against Kail there, but you know when she is presenting herself as the poor victim of an uninvolved baby daddy next season, all her little minions will feel sorry for her again. It's just amazing how many people say, "David only has 1 kid he can't see! 1/3! It's not like he can't see any of them! He is so good for Jenelle. Why won't that bitch Barbara give Jace back? Jenelle has a college degree and is a great mom...I saw it on snapchat! I'm pretty sure with Jenelle's degree and David's job they will be fine. I'm 23 have 3 baby daddies no one can judge. I didn't have custody of one until recently too."

like...seriously...the majority of Jenelle posts are like this...

I was reading some of those last night. I swear, the people who had common sense (and it wasn't many)and pointed out why she shouldn't get custody, I thought they had to be from this board. They were too smart for that group. 

The amount of fans who think Barbara can just GIVE Jace back is insane. Only one or two people pointed out she can't just give him back. But that's like talking to a brick wall. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 15

Ugh. I just stopped over to the Fb comment section and yes.. they put on the blame on Barb. One of my favorite commenters stated something like "janelle could be doing a lot worse like the other teen moms who end up dead or in prison" The hell? I can't even find words to comment on that statement. Like.. really? That's the meter to judge her mothering skills? 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Kail is going for the Kardashian look. She wants the body that she believes black men want.

It is pathetic what she has done to herself. She was looking real good about six months after Isaac was born. It is her attitude and behavior that need fixing. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Does anybody know why Jace was the only kid (it seemed) at the studio? Couldn't he have been left at home or at the hotel with a babysitter?

i just think all of the adults in this situation should be ashamed for putting that little boy in the middle of the Janelle-Barb power struggle/MTV ratings grab.

Good question. Jace does have that special relationship with the African-American cameraman.  Maybe Barb took him so that he could see his buddy?  Or she might be without someone who can watch Jace?

• Love 7
On 21/03/2017 at 5:20 PM, Christina87 said:

I couldn't agree more!!! Does anybody else feel that if Vee hadn't gotten pregnant, she and Jo would have probably broken up when he moved? I got the feeling that Jo loved her, but wasn't serious enough about her to expect her to uproot her own life when he moved closer to Isaac. It probably would have been one of those "I love you, and I really hate that it has to end like this, but you would be miserable away from your family and I can't ask you to do that" breakups. Vee, however, was on a different page and fully expected them to be together forever, no matter what had to happen. If she hadn't gotten pregnant right then, I doubt they would have stayed together. Vee is GORGEOUS, and I don't understand why, but she and the baby have always seemed low on Jo's priority list, even though ironically I do think their relationship is more likely to go the distance than any relationship currently on TM2. 

I totally agree. Vee is a gem. One of those once in a lifetime types. Jo will never even come close to finding such a great partner again. She is so REAL. Clearly loves Isaac and I've noticed she always gets down on his level and really communicates with him. She's my favorite person on the show. Beautiful inside and out. I love her attitude. I think Jo needs to take off the rise colored glasses regarding Kail Kong and start making sure he doesn't lose Vee. She could have anyone she wants, but she is loyal and truly loves Jo and Isaac. Snap out of it, Jo!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, jennyplayswithfire said:

I totally agree. Vee is a gem. One of those once in a lifetime types. Jo will never even come close to finding such a great partner again. She is so REAL. Clearly loves Isaac and I've noticed she always gets down on his level and really communicates with him. She's my favorite person on the show. Beautiful inside and out. I love her attitude. I think Jo needs to take off the rise colored glasses regarding Kail Kong and start making sure he doesn't lose Vee. She could have anyone she wants, but she is loyal and truly loves Jo and Isaac. Snap out of it, Jo!

I think Vee and Cole are my favorite people on this show. And Chelsea is too. I know she made some pretty dumb decisions regarding Adam in the past but I've never doubted her role as a mother to Aubree.

• Love 13
On 3/23/2017 at 2:10 PM, ghoulina said:

I heard Breanna is pregnant again as well. So are they trying to make this 20-something and Pregnant instead of Teen Mom???

Most accurate would be calling it "20-Something And Pregnant.  Again."

On 3/23/2017 at 4:50 PM, zenme said:

Yes, Briana has a child named Nova, and I swear EVERY time that name is mentioned--including Caitlyn Baltierra's kid, I think of an old 70's rust colored Nova. 

I suppose these girls are way to young to know what that is, so they're ok with naming their kid that name.

To be fair, even Chevrolet was okay with naming a car something that means "Doesn't go" in Spanish.

And as heinous as a lot of these names are, nothing will ever top Nevaeh.

• Love 8

@StatisticalOutlier

No va is actually two separate words in Spanish. One who speaks Spanish can easily notice the difference in pronunciation. It is pronounced with the accent on the "va" part.  Being bilingual, I remember my friends saying this very thing growing up in the 1970s as they pronounced the two words the same and I had to correct them.  Chevy was going with the meaning that nova means new. Additionally, no va would be an awkward way in Spanish to describe a non-functioning vehicle (no funciona, is one example), just as in English it would likely be said "it doesn't run" than "it doesn't go."

Nova originates from the latin "Novella." At least, that is what I remember being told growing up.

At least the girls are spelling it without any added vowels or consonants. Looking at you Leah Messer.

I wondered that myself. I did think maybe Aubree was left behind because Chelsea has family to watch her. , Who can Barb leave Jace with back home?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, jennyplayswithfire said:

100% agree

24 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@StatisticalOutlier

No va is actually two separate words in Spanish. One who speaks Spanish can easily notice the difference in pronunciation.

Yeah, I know.  I speak Spanish.  I still think somebody dropped the ball at Chevy, and they would have preferred not to have done that.

I had a friend with a Ford Probe.  Which I guess proves that names really don't matter.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Kail is going for the Kardashian look. She wants the body that she believes black men want.

It is pathetic what she has done to herself. She was looking real good about six months after Isaac was born. It is her attitude and behavior that need fixing. 

Didn't she make the comment at some point that she wears black and likes her men black?  Or something like that. Which I get. I don't think it is wrong to have a physical preference. But to me it is damn rude to say that to the world when both of the men you've been in relationships with (one from whom you *just* divorced) are not black. I guess her husband wasn't her "type."

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yeah, I know.  I speak Spanish.  I still think somebody dropped the ball at Chevy, and they would have preferred not to have done that.

Drop the ball implies a failure of kind. Chevy Nova, a major company, would test any ad campaign or product name with native speakers before using it as many other companies have done. The sales the car indicates it was a win for Chevy not only here, but in other countries.

Back to the show.

15 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Didn't she make the comment at some point that she wears black and likes her men black?  Or something like that. Which I get. I don't think it is wrong to have a physical preference. But to me it is damn rude to say that to the world when both of the men you've been in relationships with (one from whom you *just* divorced) are not black. I guess her husband wasn't her "type."

I agree. 

Kail is no one's type unless they enjoy being a victim of abuse.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, lezlers said:

When I think of all the kids who in are "the system" or being raised by relatives because mom lost custody, it's  not hard to believe that people like Jenelle have fans.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

I think Barb enjoys these free trips to Calif for their reunions. She gets to take a couple days off work and she seems to enjoy seeing the people there, the crew, the other cast members. Apart from the arguments with Janelle, she seems like a pleasant, friendly person who likes to chit-chat with people, like she does at her job. She knows how to behave in public (unlike her dtr). Seeing Barb chatting with the others has to drive Jenelle crazy. She has said she wants everybody to be mean to Barb. It's the same thing when they meet up for Jace hand-offs. Barb often has a pleasant smile on her face. I imagine she greets the crew, they know her, she knows them, pleasantries exchanged -- again driving Jenelle crazy. 

I'm sure Jenelle is surly, rude and dismissive to the other people, crew, even when she's not braying about how everybody needs to be mean to Barb. They probably try to not even make eye contact when she's around. 

Barb was probably relaxed and enjoying herself at the studio, nibbling some snacks, chatting, and then someone rushes up and tells her Jace had been taken by Jenelle and UBT. You know she is afraid of David. He is fucking enormous. Both she and Jenelle are tiny. He has an explosive temper. He has a DV record. You know Barb's first concern at all times is that UBT will physically harm either Jenelle or Jace. Regardless of how bad things are between herself and Jenelle, she must be constantly worrying about this, especially with Jenelle pregnant. So I don't blame her a bit that she had a little breakdown and cried. She was scared and probably plagued with worst-case scenarios in her mind. More ugly scenes, more fear and worry, more embarrassment -- Barb is embarrassed that she has such a fucked up daughter who treats her with such contempt and hatred. She was probably beating herself up for letting Jace out of her sight, how she never dreamed Jenelle would take him and leave. For all she knew, UBT had Jace by the wrist and yanked him along with them. Or lied to him. "Barb said it was OK for you to come with us." Or whatever. When she asked Jace, "Why'd you go with them?" - I think it was a genuine question. She was giving Jace the opportunity to report any coercion or abusive behavior. Whatever else is going on, the fear of physical harm is always looming very nearby. 

Yeah, it's clear that Barb is heartbroken by the whole situation with Jenelle-- Jenelle being so fucked up; Jenelle abandoning Jace; it being clear (eventually) that Jenelle would never be a suitable parent for Jace; Jenelle's endless parade of fucked up, abusive, user boyfriends; Jenelle's continuing to birth kids she's not emotionally capable of parenting; Jenelle's hatefulness toward Barb; etc., etc., etc. Barb obviously has her own issues and I can believe that she was even more fucked up when Jenelle was younger, but I think she's doing her best now and sincerely wants to find some way to support Jenelle and see Jenelle get better. I'm sure she's terrified that UBT will hurt or even kill Jenelle (and/or the kids), that Jenelle will go back on drugs and end up ODing or something, or something similar.

• Love 10

I'll admit that I felt sorry for Jenelle when she was complaining about always being excluded, and said she wanted Barb to play Yahtzee with her one time and Barb did it for only a couple of minutes, and then went and did something else. 

It sure seems like a small incident to me, but it's obviously not small to Jenelle.  And it certainly doesn't excuse her behavior, but I think there's a lot of hurt behind it that doesn't get addressed.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'll admit that I felt sorry for Jenelle when she was complaining about always being excluded, and said she wanted Barb to play Yahtzee with her one time and Barb did it for only a couple of minutes, and then went and did something else. 

It sure seems like a small incident to me, but it's obviously not small to Jenelle.  And it certainly doesn't excuse her behavior, but I think there's a lot of hurt behind it that doesn't get addressed.

I think the fact that all of Barb's kids are messed up is pretty telling.

I'm mom to 3 - one is super easy, one is a lot more difficult. I know kids can grow up because of or in spite of their parenting. But the family dynamics in that family are so screwed up and they didn't just start when Jenelle was 15 or 16.

• Love 3

Jenelle might wanna find some PERSPECTIVE.   

She is constantly painting herself in the victim role and never looking at her behavior that is a huge part of that.  

The same when Barb wanted her to take Jace to some Boy Scout thing because she was going to be helping Jenelle's sister with something.   Jenelle sat on her stairs and cried about how Barb is doing things for her sister and WHY CAN'T YOU DO THINGS FOR ME.  

I don't know Jenelle.   She's stopped her whole life for the past 7 years to RAISE YOUR CHILD.  

That brat needs some perspective....and probably LOTS of therapy.  

• Love 21
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I wondered that myself. I did think maybe Aubree was left behind because Chelsea has family to watch her. , Who can Barb leave Jace with back home?

I was thinking the same. Chelsea has Randy, Lois and Adam's parents. Leah has Cory, Jeremy's mom, Victoria and Dawn. Kail has Jo, Javi and the Morroquins. I don't think Barb has any family in the area and if her friends are all older they may not be able to handle a young child. I think Jace is the only TM2 kid who's been at every reunion.

• Love 7
On 3/25/2017 at 6:32 AM, shelley1234 said:

I get it.  I see why these girls in particular get lots of plastic surgery.   They are on TV all the time and then are body shamed 24/7.   It's sad, but it is what it is.   It's why Kail and Amber surprise me none with their plastic surgeries.   

It's so weird that they choose to look so horrible though.  Kail and Amber both looked so much better before their surgeries.  Now they both look like 10 pounds of shit in an 8 pound bag.  Just an odd choice to make.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Maybe it is a generational thing, my parents are in the same age range as Barb, and I can count on maybe one hand how many times they played with me (or my siblings) one on one. The way Barb and people of that generation grew up, kids played with each other or entertained themselves while parents supervised/worked/ran the household etc. I'm not saying that type of hands off parenting was particularly healthy but that was how it was up through the 90s for most of us Gen X/Gen Y kids.

I'm 38 and my childhood was the same way. My parents played with me here and there, but I'd say 90% of the time we were running around the neighborhood with the other kids. All the women in my area were SAHM's, so it definitely wasn't a working mom vs. a housewife mom issue. It was just different up until recently. 

I think in Barb's case she just had no free time. Jenelle may be right that her older siblings got more attention, but that may have also coincided with Barb having a husband and second income in the home. Once that disappeared, it was all on her to keep everyone afloat. It's just one of the billion reasons why these two need intensive therapy to get everything out in the open. 

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm 38 and my childhood was the same way. My parents played with me here and there, but I'd say 90% of the time we were running around the neighborhood with the other kids. All the women in my area were SAHM's, so it definitely wasn't a working mom vs. a housewife mom issue. It was just different up until recently. 

I think in Barb's case she just had no free time. Jenelle may be right that her older siblings got more attention, but that may have also coincided with Barb having a husband and second income in the home. Once that disappeared, it was all on her to keep everyone afloat. It's just one of the billion reasons why these two need intensive therapy to get everything out in the open. 

Yup, back then most of us stayed outside from sun up to sundown. I'm 32 and I remember spending a vast majority of my free time outside as a kid. I think the norms and expectations have changed so much that self-centered nitwits like Jenelle can't put it into perspective.

I could swear Jenelle's sister has made comments before about Jenelle being spoiled and babied as a child over the other two. It could just be some sibling rivlery but I think their is truth to that. 

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 12

I am sure there is more to the story, if teen mom has taught me anything, it's never take Jenelles side of events as true. Who knows what the true situation was, Jenelle could have been begging Barb to play Yahtzee in the middle of a family crisis, or maybe she had just gotten off a double shift at work, or it just simply wasn't a good time.  I would maybe have a shred of empathy for that story if Jenelle made any remote effort to make sure her own kids don't experience that same thing, but in the 8 years we have seen this show I think we saw Jenelle on the floor playing with Kaiser once, and even then she got mad when he wasn't playing how she wanted and put him to bed in his crib.  The court date must be coming soon for Jace's custody, she has been on twitter emphasizing she is a mom overtime.

• Love 13
On 3/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, GreatKazu said:

Kate had such a pretty natural smile. She also had really healthy, thick, beautiful hair. None of that could fix her attitude, but she has now ruined her looks as well.

• Love 6

I am 60 years old, so I am about Barb's age. I can say without a doubt that no adult ever played with me or my siblings at any time. None of the other children I knew had parents who played with them. Parents did not play. Parents were busy. We entertained each other. I remember 20 years ago (or so), when parenting changed and people started actually paying attention to their kids. It is diametrically the opposite of how it was for me. Being self sufficient was highly prized in our families. We were taught to not need attention from adults and to ask for it sparingly. I'm not saying that was right or wrong, just saying Barb probably brought up her kids the way she was brought up, and Jenelle needed more than she got, but it was not a conscious decision on Barb's part. 

There was a period when I was in high school when I would sit at dinner every night resenting the way my mom and brother chatting during the meal. She would ask him about his classes, his activities, his friends -- and never once ask me about myself or anything. I would sit and wait for her to ask. She never did. I can look back now and see myself sitting there as a distant, self-involved teenager, offering nothing, not engaging in their conversation. I probably gave the impression I didn't have anything to say. After a while, I just got over it.

Conflict with Barb is a huge part of who Jenelle is. I'm not sure if that was always going to be the case, or if MTV cemented it by making it the main feature of her "storylines" -- but I honestly have no idea who Jenelle would be if she wasn't all tied up with drama concerning her mother, when the focus should be on HER job as a mother. She needs to fucking grow up. 

It is really difficult to see inside family dynamics from outside. Families are complicated animals! I have seen families with strikingly mixed outcome with children, all from the same home: I know one with 4 children where one is a hyper-responsible overachiever and fantastic parent -- one is a hard-working, responsible blue-collar guy, terrific husband and father to his kids -- one was a total druggie loser who couldn't hold a job, a low-level criminal who died young -- and one was a serial kidnapper and rapist who is spending his entire life in prison. This family had two parents who were both outwardly normal people, who worked, went to church every Sunday, paid their bills, and were respected in the community. I was good friends with their daughter (the hyper-achiever one). I was in their home quite a lot. She said her parents were strict but other than that she never complained. It all looked perfectly ordinary to me. You just can't really tell about people. I really do believe there is something in us that is genetic or inherited or programmed into our wiring that no amount of external environment will alter. Jenelle might just have a defective gene somewhere. 

• Love 14

Drama and wreaking havoc are exactly what  Jenelle does to get attention. Her life is drama, and attention getting behavior and if she doesn't get the response she craves she doesn't feel relevant. She's exhausting and needs therapy badly. Intense therapy. 

• Love 9

I think it's possible that her older siblings got more attention as kids, because barb had a husband and second income, but then they said Jenelle was spoiled because barb gave her a lot of material things when she was a teenager in the house alone. That would make sense, because barb had more time to give he older ones, and more money to give Jenelle, so they all have something to gripe about. Jenelle might not have gotten to play Yahtzee, but Ashleigh may not have gotten a car, and may have been expected to have a job. I was really surprised on jenelle's 16 and pregnant when no one expected her to get a job, and her mom worked at Walmart!!!

• Love 14

Jenelle can STFU when it comes to complaining about Barb not playing with her enough. Barb had to work full-time at minimum-wage jobs to keep a roof over her kids' heads & feed them. She had to care for, feed, and clean up after three kids as the only parent. She had no one to share the duties of cleaning the home, transporting kids around, doing homework with the kids, doing laundry for four people, etc. Jenelle's brother has some sort of major mental illness. I'm not sure if it was diagnosed/present when he was a kid, but if so, she was also dealing with a child or teen with some special needs. I'm exhausted just thinking about what Barb's life was as a single mom of 3 with no help from any extended family, etc. 

Jenelle should be grateful for everything Barb did and for what she's done for Jace. Maybe take a second for introspection to figure out why Barb couldn't just sit around playing Yahtzee with you, Jenelle. Then realize what a great gift you've been given by being on TM in that you don't have to struggle and grind like Barb did and go spend some time interacting with your kids. 

• Love 18