Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E01: The Stakes Have Been Raised (Double Episode)

• Start Topic

Twenty of the game's biggest competitors return to play as the reality series begins its 34th season. In the opener, the castaways arrive at Fiji's Mamanuca Islands, where two of the game's legends set their sights on one another and another player introduces "spy shack" 2.0.

(edited)

Ciera, everybody that’s playing Survivor this time has “been there and one that”.  You’re not the only one.  For someone who played before Ciera came on too strong.  She should have known. 

Bye bye Tony.  I hated you in your season and I see now that you REALLY ARE crazy.  I’m still bitter about Spenser, so shoot me.

So nice to see Ozzie and Malcolm, nice eye candy.  That was an amazing effort Malcom put on for that ring toss.

I see Tai is still protecting the chickens.  I wonder how far this is going to get.

I hope this is not another season of pagonging!

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 22

Happy 500 Survivor!  Jeff has never lost his touch at being unconvincing when explaining to returning players why they are here, like this was the theme all along and these were the only ones that would fit it.  Kind of a dull opening.  I love marooning’s, but this one was just meh.  In all, the entire episode wasn’t all that exciting (though I typically love the longer episodes).  I see what Jeff was saying about everyone being scared to make moves in this ep, and just going with the majority.  Really bummed Ciera and Tony are out first.  I was confused at first where Ciera’s name even came from.  Not the best editing leading up to that, I thought.  Feel like it’s going to be a long season already, but hopefully it picks up.  The TC set is amazing, and I love the II.

I didn’t even recognize JT.  Ozzy’s starting to look old, too.  Still love Cirie and her remarks.  Here’s hoping she can finally take the tiara from Sandra and become the new Queen of Survivor.  Zeke looked absolutely terrified in the opening.  If I was ever on a returning player season, I’d want Ozzy on my team if I saw water everywhere.  Nuku was a better stacked tribe with players, and they got a tool kit and chickens (the poor chickens).  I liked the rule better during SC when they had to have their raft loaded before they could go for the advantage in the water (there’s was rice I think?) 

Not sure what I think about the new TC voting twist.  I’ll have to wait and see how it plays out.  I get what they are trying to do, but not sure if it’ll work out well.  May just make people less likely to flip.  Sometimes I wish Jeff could wait until the moment happens to throw that on them.  If they’re looking for good TV, a chaotic TC will do it when they think they had it figured out, then have a wrench thrown in their plans.  I was surprised they had Hali swimming against Ozzy in the first IC.  That said, I am thrilled she held her own very well against him.  I was so hoping Mana would win that challenge, but really, they were a bit of a mess in who they delegated in that second challenge.  Why send Varner out over Malcolm?  I know he isn’t known for being a challenge beast, but I think he’d do better than Varner.  Nuku annoys me.  Culpepper and Debbie are on their tribe, and Sierra is trying to get a boy’s club to target Cirie (well, everyone is targeting Cirie by the looks of it).  But it seems like the men are calling the shots over there.  One more gripe, but I wish they would get upgraded challenges.  These just seem so boring and easy compared to some of the international versions.  Make it more of a challenge, especially in these challenges.  Swim here, thrown this, dig up this, put a puzzle together, and you’re done.

• Love 8
(edited)

Can anyone fill me in about what happened before the first commercial break? I'm assuming Jeff had a intro about the season, and why these people are "game-changers," then talked to a few of them on the beach, told them to get the stuff they can carry and Sierra got a legacy advantage somehow. Anything else?

Haha, Tai's face, Cirie really knows how to read people and Tai is super easy.

The broken telephone about Tony was a great sequence. Ciera coming on way to hard.

The show is always so beautiful!!

Sandra actually does have a great pitch for why people should keep her.

I don't know how I would react if someone told me my names was tossed out to the actual target but I hope I react better then Michaela did. That was bad. I know they must be parnoid but when everyone is telling you the same without, what seemed like, any shadiness then stay alittle calmer. 

Yikes Cirie, it seemed like everyone was seeing through her.

I didn't watch the entirety of the Tony season but my god he's annoying, and also coming on to hard.

Holy smokes, I thought Sandra was a goner for sure. "Bye Tony, say hi to Ciera for me!" lol, Sandra is always good for a laugh.

I liked the argument Sandra made about the strength not helping them so far, I don't know if I agree but it is true, and a good way to take the target off her.

I love this show soooo much.

Edited by dkb
Formatting
  • Love 11

Well, gee.  I didn't think I'd be too into this season, because I think some of these players have been in more episodes than Probst at this point.  But here I am, hooked again.

How the hell did Sandra pull that off, convincing everyone to vote for Tony?  (And why did she have to vote for Aubry?)

• Love 24

I had no idea about this season as I did not watch the end of the reunion last season. Must have been pissed about the winner or something!  Sandra, Cirie-Goddess, Malcolm, Debbie. WOW. This is gonna be an awesome season. And as a throwback to one of my all time favorite players...

58c0c5a40cc29_CirieRunway.jpg.87763321d79af78c6b232a822cd16090.jpg

• Love 16
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

I didn’t even recognize JT.  Ozzy’s starting to look old, too. 

I thought Ozzy looked really rough. Has he always had that scar near his lip? It really stood out to me. 

I had not read anything about this season so the cast was a surprise to me but honestly for a season called "Game Changers" I would have expected more memorable people. Oh well. I'll be along for the ride as always. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Color me pleasantly surprised that Sandra survived the first two boots. Though her bickering with Tony after he had been voted off was not a good look for her.

Poor Cirie. Stuck on a tribe with both JT and Ozzy, the only two people she has ever played with in prior seasons. Nothing against them specifically, but she has quite the uphill battle, considering that she was at odds with both of them.

I'm really pulling for Hali and Malcolm.

I don't have much to say about Ciera's boot. Did she even get an exit speech like Tony did at the end of the episode?

Did I miss the portion in Cagayan where Tony was good in challenges? Or was that just editing's attempt at making the second vote suspenseful?

Caleb finally goes to tribal council!

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 9

Tony and his spy bunker was freaking hilarious.  I loved seeing him belly crawl out of it in the dead of night while he was eavesdropping on Troyzan and Sandra.  He’s a riot to watch.  I get why he annoys people, but he’s comic relief.

I just realized, Varner has lost every 1st challenge that he’s competed in.  I’m glad that Varner is back to being Varner with his funny TH.  Michaela, I love ya girl and your facial expressions, remarks, and TH.  But keep it under wraps.  I got worried for a minute, and I hope this doesn’t further put a target on her back.  Hali comparing herself to a cobra, saying people won’t know what hit them, was one of my favorite Hali moments tonight.  Was pleased to see she got quite a bit of airtime.  Probably helped that her tribe went to TC twice, so therefore her tribe was going to get more airtime.  Here’s hoping she can make that analogy a reality, and become the Queen.  Sierra still talking about doing something big, and gets the legacy advantage (with a twist).  I like the twist on it this time, just wish someone else had gotten it over her.  Not like she can do much with it for her game, except save herself or will it to someone if she gets voted out.  I hate that she automatically wants to align with the guys, but not surprised from her past game play and interviews.  At least she’s doing something consistently from her last season.  She got more face time in the first 5 minutes than I remember her getting during WA.  I use to be a staunch defender of the women who said they worked with the men better.  But the way I look at it on this show, the men are just shields who call the shots, and the women hide behind them.

I know people here don’t like Tony much, but I love him.  I don’t believe for two seconds him running off saying he was looking for the idol put a target on his back.  He was already a goner.  And they were idiots for just letting him run off, and waiting to go chase him.  Then he went off to get water, and again, no one went after him.  Finally, leading up to the vote, he runs off, and no one runs after him.  Would have served them right if he had found an idol.  On the other tribe, Tai is such a bad liar.  I still love him though.  Sarah talked about her phenomenal social game, but I don’t remember it.  I remember her going on a power trip at the merge and getting herself axed.  Also, does playing like a criminal mean you just go with the majority and vote along with them, then count on your social game to get you a free pass?  Screw the Nuku tribe if they plan on getting rid of Cirie.  That’s the only reason I’m glad they won both challenges.  Going to be worried about Cirie going forward.  Her and Andrea are the only ones I like on that tribe. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Kinda meh premiere.

Won't miss Ciera. Bye Felicia indeed.  I didn't even see final words for her.

But The Queen taking out an exhausting wannabe King works for me. I loved Sandra getting lippy with Tony at the end.

Surprised to see Malcolm, Caleb, and Aubry just folded  like a house of cards.

And yeah, Ozzy has not aged well.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

Well, gee.  I didn't think I'd be too into this season, because I think some of these players have been in more episodes than Probst at this point.  But here I am, hooked again.

How the hell did Sandra pull that off, convincing everyone to vote for Tony?  (And why did she have to vote for Aubry?)

Since I thought some of the guys were going to vote for Sandra, I thought that vote split was going to do her in.  She told Tony she was voting Aubry, but I'm guessing that was their #2 since her and Tony were (supposedly) aligned.  Who else voted for Aubry?

• Love 4

I wasn't that exciting about this season, I don't like returning players. Some of the players I know, but some I forgot about, and some I can't remember at all. They featured the red tribe (Manu?) way too much, they didn't show the other tribe hardly at all.

I'm glad they voted off Cierra, I never liked her. And I was really happy they voted off Tony, I couldn't stand his arrogance and constant talking. And they gave him tons of airtime. 

• Love 7

Oh thank god, I was worried that Survivor was going to vote out Sandra on International Women's Day, because that's the kind of show this is sometimes.

I'm so distracted by that tribal council set. What is up with the shipwreck theme? I don't think of shipwrecks when I think of Fiji. And the Jules Verne immunity idol. What is that?

I'm not getting over Zeke calling Cirie "dude" anytime soon...what was that?

I'm realizing last season was full of babies compared to these players. Ozzy must be like, 35 now?

• Love 14

Michaela is a strong player. Did you know Michaela is a strong player? She is a strong player. In other news, Ben is Glory.

So much for the Spy Bunker. I'm sure Tony is fun to be with, he is entertaining to watch . . . but he fucked with Sandra, and he had to go. I like her a lot, though she's probably going to be a huge target no matter what the situation becomes. I'm pulling for her to make it to Day 22, so she'd have 100 consecutive days in the game. Also, to outlast the guy who gave Russell Friggin' Hantz an idol.

I think the limit for playing should be three, but I'm willing to not count Heroes vs. Villains for Cirie. I like how she can talk about how others see her as dangerous, then burst out laughing because she doesn't take herself that seriously.

Goats? That's new. Are they sharing camp with Tai? In other news, the editors are giving him subtitles. I hate that, because I can understand him most of the time.

• Love 17
(edited)

Ozzy needs to keep his hair tied back so he remains super hot.  And really I don't care if every challenge has swimming because I love to watch Ozzy do it.

I don't recall Sierra of the suede fringe boots but I have no use for her.

And Sarah? The cop, I guess?  I think I kinda sorta remember her but not really.  I don't remember if her season was Tony's or Mike's.  Not that I really care, I have my favorites and she ain't it.

How is Hali a game changer?  Wasn't she voted out early in her season?

The season started with Tony.  Bleargh.  I still cannot stand his ass.  Caleb get away from him!  Oh wait he's gone hahahahahahahaha.

"Ciera voted her mother out" is going to be on her tombstone.

Feeling like the only person in the world who has never liked Sandra bums me out because she made a fantastic argument why she'll be there to the end.  Seriously, how many times can you call yourself a damned queen in 45 minutes?

The editors telegraphed through hour two Mana was going to lose.  I thought they had gotten better at that.

Still love you Malcolm.  *hearteyes*

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 9
(edited)

Dang! I aintevenno Survivor was starting up tonight! Thank goodness for series set ups.

This season is an embarrassment of riches for me with Ozzy, Sandra, Cerie, Jeff, Mikayla ... and I was not ready to face a season promising classic Sandra quips only to have it slip through my fingers like Ozzy's million. But the magic is there, somehow it's Tony! And there it is. "That's what you get for plotting against me. Take your ass home." Yes! Tony out, and the queen stays queen.

I can't choose a team yet because everyone is all mixed up, but I guess if it comes down to it, there are more faves on Mana. And come on, SD-T is legendary, so gotta go with her. Unless she targets Mikayla - or at least earlier than necessary. Then it's off with her head. 

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 8
(edited)

Meh. That was a snoozefest. Watching people play for the 3rd and 4th time just isn't as much fun as fresh meat. Also, I have no recollection whatsoever of Hali, Sierra or Sarah so they're game changers how? Really, this whole theme annoys me. None of these people changed anything. It's still the exact same  game played the exact same way they've always played it.

I'm glad Tony got booted because I adore Sandra! These people are idiots if they keep her around though. It's not luck that she won twice. 

8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I didn’t even recognize JT. 

Seriously! What did he do to his face??

I liked the argument Sandra made about the strength not helping them so far, I don't know if I agree but it is true, and a good way to take the target off her.

I've been waiting 34 seasons for someone to make that argument! She really does have a way with words. Also smart of her to point out that she's good to take to the end because nobody would give her another million dollars. (Which I think is incorrect, they would totally give it to her.)

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Since I thought some of the guys were going to vote for Sandra, I thought that vote split was going to do her in.  She told Tony she was voting Aubry, but I'm guessing that was their #2 since her and Tony were (supposedly) aligned.  Who else voted for Aubry?

The two votes for Aubry were Sandra and Tony. Color me puzzled as to why Sandra voted for Aubry.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sandra really does keep her head at tribal but that last part when Tony was going out was.....IDK kinda putting your crazy nasty out there.  I think I'd be sitting there thinking did we vote out the right person?   I didn't really care about Sandra or Tony one way or another to be honest till she started up with that then I was like, hey Tony is more fun and a better challenge player your ass should be gone Queenie.  Tired of that already anyway.  She just seems very sour and mean.  I wouldn't want that around.  

Have to say I'm down with the keeping the physical players.  And after everyone agreeing there was 1 vote for Sandra (Tony) and 1 vote for Aubry (Sandra)?  Is that right? Did I miss something?  They are setting themselves up for a pagoging, Sandra brings nothing to challenges.  Can't believe Malcolm et al. caved, they just signed their ticket home. 

Love Ozzy's physicality.  He looks a little slower than he used to be but he is still good.  Michaela needs to watcher mouth. 

Enjoyable episode, I like a lot of the players.  Not to thrilled about what looks like one crazy self destructing pagoging tribe and one cruisin along no need to be any good tribe because the other tribe is ripping itself apart.  Especially disappointing because most of my favorites are on Mana@  Really really don't like Sierra.  How she could have with Dave et al on the dirty 30 season and now work with the guys again.  Don't like women who are always working the man angle.  

Edited by Giesela
  • Love 6
(edited)

So is Hali playing the role of Sandra's Courtney this season?  If so, I kind of like that. The two of them definitely appear to be pretty close. Also. I love her analogy of being a cobra in the grass just waiting to strike.  I so hope this comes in to play sometime this season.

Kind of sad to see Tony go because he does bring it when he is on the season, no doubt about that. Getting rid of him is the smart thing to do.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

Meh. That was a snoozefest. Watching people play for the 3rd and 4th time just isn't as much fun as fresh meat. Also, I have no recollection whatsoever of Hali, Sierra or Sarah so they're game changers how? Really, this whole theme annoys me. None of these people changed anything. It's still the exact same  game played the exact same way they've always played it.

I'm glad Tony got booted because I adore Sandra! These people are idiots if they keep her around though. It's not luck that she won twice. 

Seriously! What did he do to his face??

I also noticed a pretty big gut with JT. Though that may be strategic in order to have more weight to lose as the season goes on.

• Love 3

Frustrating that nobody really changed to become a more interesting TV presence.  The people I liked already are still mostly cool.  Cirie's still hilarious and the best narrator the show's ever had, Malcolm's still reasonably smart and good at stuff and not an asshole, Andrea's a badass at challenges and funny (though mostly on Twitter tonight) and also gorgeous.  We've got annoying having power Sandra so far, so that's no good.  Lots of non-entities in this cast for me, partially because Kaoh Rang is one of the three seasons I've skipped ever.  None of those people registered too much for me.  Caleb seems like a typical Survivor meathead, Debbie seems obnoxious.  And then there are assholes who are still assholes.  Fortunately the worst of them is already gone, so that's cool.

But there's no cool story like say, Rob finding his leadership gene or Jenna Lewis suddenly understanding strategy or Parvati deciding to do more than be a sex kitten that makes All-Star seasons interesting to me.  Hopefully some of those develop, but early signs are that people are just going to play to type, which is not great.

And I hated Sandra in these episodes which made me sad.  She really needs a loathesome asshole (fortunately previously she had Fairplay and Russell) to be a foil to for her to be appealing.  Giving her in a position of power over others is bad news, as we learned in the middle of Pearl Islands until Rupert was booted.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Color me pleasantly surprised that Sandra survived the first two boots. Though her bickering with Tony after he had been voted off was no a good look for her.

Anyone who can take potshots at Tony is A-ok in my book! Heh! Loved Sandra. Reminded me of Abi-Maria's "You made it to the jury" dig to Savage when he got blindsided.

Somewhere, Chaos Kass is loving this episode.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 16

Bwahahaha!  Man, I love Survivor.  This season is off to a strong start.  The first two tribals couldn't have gone better for me.  Ciera and Tony were two of my absolute least favorites coming in to this season.  Simply for my own entertainment, they were good results.

I also think from a game perspective the other castaways made wise choices.  Seriously, how can ANYONE trust Ciera when her claim to fame is voting off her own mother?  Think she's gonna be loyal to you?  Unfortunately for her, no matter how many times she plays this game, Ciera is never going to be able to shake that reputation.  On the other hand, I doubt she would have been invited back to play if she hadn't made that move so at least there's that.

Finally, I LOVE me some Sandra.  So glad she got Tony voted off!  I think that was good move for the rest of the tribe, too, because of all the scrambling and running around he was doing.

• Love 19

I think her parting words to Tony are going to hurt her game a lot.

That's Sandra, though. She's always been like that. True, when she's doing it to Russell Hanz it's one thing, but Tony wasn't a shrinking violet either.  But Sandra has always had a mouth. 

"Ciera voted her mother out" is going to be on her tombstone.

Hee.  I can see it.

• Love 8

I doubt Sandra calling herself the Queen will hurt her too much. She's been joking about that for years so it's nothing new to them. Still, she probably should cool it with that.

Women over the age of 13 shouldn't wear pigtails but men should never wear them, Ozzy! I'd vote him out just for that.

• Love 11
(edited)

I forgot how much I have missed seeing Cirie and Sandra on my tv. Too bad we won't have more episodes with Sandra/Tony. I thought the two of them going against each other was the highlight of the episode. I'm happy Sandra stayed because she is more entertaining.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 14

Hey ya'all, it's good to be back!

This season has potential.  I like some, I hate some, and some I just can't remember  :)

So Jeff's definition of "Game Changers" is about as broad as Texas.

Tony goes idol chasing, of course.  

Take the starz out of your eyes Zeke.  

Ozzy wants Cirie out.  "There will be blood either way"

Caleb falling on his ass was excellent!

Culpepper is still scum.

The knives come out.  Ciera is right to want Tony out.  I had almost forgotten how much I hate him.

New tiebreaker rule!  Changes the game.

Is Telegraphing Ciera's demise a distraction? I vote yes at 8:48.  The Hali shot may be a diversion, too.  Why did they send her and not Malcolm on that swimming leg?

Now is Mikh getting whacked?  

Boom! Not the first time I've been wrong.  Bye Ciera.

Sandra rocks.  The unknown.  lol.  She can ride Tony a long way and cut his heart out at the end.  

She's no Woo.

Then we get all flippy. 

Why on Earth are these Einsteins are so afraid of Cirie?  She has never come close to winning in spite of getting to F5 (?)  Use her to take out bigger threats.  Ozzy's male ego is so fragile.

The Dudebros line up against Queen Sandra.

Snakes on the beach.  OOPS!

Somehow I'm not buying this very dramatic almost come from behind win.

Caleb doesn't have a brain to be eaten at.  He so pretty, but lights on, nobody home.

"That's what you get, take your ass home!!"

Bye Tony.  Don't (bleep) with the Queen.

Will this move up a swap??

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, mojoween said:

"Ciera voted her mother out" is going to be on her tombstone.

Ha, good one! I actually like Ciera. But I didn't think her chances would be good this time, and she does have a tendency to talk more than she should have.

It's too bad though that that's what she's going to be known for. I mean, what most everyone forgets was that she just voted her mom out to send to RI and not entirely out of the game.  I think she should be known more for forcing a rock draw because that's more ballsy than voting out Mom.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Ha, good one! I actually like Ciera. But I didn't think her chances would be good this time, and she does have a tendency to talk more than she should have.

It's too bad though that that's what she's going to be known for. I mean, what most everyone forgets was that she just voted her mom out to send to RI and not entirely out of the game.  I think she should be known more for forcing a rock draw because that's more ballsy than voting out Mom.

I suspect Ciera must have a very grating personality. Everyone hated her the instant she opened her mouth.

• Love 14

Watched with my twin DDs-18 and they kept commenting on all the 'old' people on the show. Ozzy has aged. Malcolm too.

Dumb to keep Sandra through two TCs. She will win this. Really will be irked if she does so I better prepare myself. But am glad Tony is gone. Although I had him on my fantasy team so boo to that.

Hali is a ditz. Varner is weak link and should have been mentioned as a possibility.

Other tribe wasn't shown much. But they do seem to be gunning for Cirie.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Varner is weak link and should have been mentioned as a possibility.

I don't know what he was attempting in that second challenge while everyone else was in the water, but it looked like it did hold them up. It was sad when he said "I'm just not strong enough."

• Love 3

I really hope we get 2 challenges in the coming episodes. I get bored with the tribe dramatics since the editors think we want to keep seeing the same conversations ad nauseum. 

I love most seasons with returning players, and I'm excited about this one now that Tony is gone. He's the only person I was unhappy to see in this cast (though several I simply didn't remember, so there's that). I hope we can see some of the lesser knowns emerge from the shadows in the coming weeks. Sandra is entertaining, for sure, but I'm already sick of her. Which is on the editors, not her. 

• Love 1

I feel so out of sorts.  I normally agree with what most are saying, but I just do not have the Sandra love.  I would have voted her out first thing.  Why would you vote out strength on your 6th day?  It makes no sense to me.  I'll go sit on my corner of the couch...

2 minutes ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

I think I'm the only person in the world who hates Sandra.

I don't think she's great and I don't think she's funny. She's pleasant to others when she's getting her way but is hell on wheels when you cross her.

I feel Michaela gets skewered for being this way but not Sandra.

Thank you!  I just wrote a similar post!  Come sit next to me!

• Love 22
(edited)

I didn't like Sandra the first season, nor the second, nor this one. She's just as prone to temper tantrums as Michaela, and will stab her alliance in the back. As she says all the time' I don't care who goes home as long as it is not me'.  

Ciera started scheming too early. Never be the first one to name names. Tony was just too loud and crazy.  I bet loud and  crazy is more annoying every time you play survivor. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12
(edited)
9 minutes ago, zoltana said:

I feel so out of sorts.  I normally agree with what most are saying, but I just do not have the Sandra love.  I would have voted her out first thing.  Why would you vote out strength on your 6th day?  It makes no sense to me.  I'll go sit on my corner of the couch...

I don't hate Sandra, but I don't love her either. She makes me laugh and that's about it. I loathe Tony but I think the tribe may have made the wrong decision. I don't remember how well Tony performed in his season, but I know damn well that Sandra is weak. I guess he was really working their nerves for them to send him over Sandra, or Varner for that matter. I think keeping Sandra much longer is a huge mistake, for many reasons.

Edited by Squirrely
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn't like Sandra the first season, nor the second, nor this one. She's just as prone to temper tantrums as Michaela, and will stab her alliance in the back. As she says all the time' I don't care who goes home as long as it is not me'. 

Right?!? I just had posted that...that she tantrums just as much (if not more) than Michaela but everyone seems to love her for it.

And I also feel like her "anyone but me" strategy is seen as like this evil genius thing. I would NOT want anyone who says that on my tribe b/c IMO that means, she'll turn on you like a dime. That's dangerous.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Watched with my twin DDs-18 and they kept commenting on all the 'old' people on the show. Ozzy has aged. Malcolm too.

I missed Malcolm's season. He used to look BETTER than he does now?? Lol 

• Love 9

I wasn't too psyched when I heard about this season and cast at last season's finale, but these first two hours at least exceeded my expectations! 

I was shocked at what Sandra was able to pull out, that was amazing. I like Malcolm and Aubry so I'm a little bit worried about their place in the game, but anytime an alpha dude gets struck down I'm thrilled. Especially Tony. I partly find him hilarious (that army crawl, oh my gooood), but he's not a good player and he's all macho bluster so I'm glad he's gone early. Given another week or two I'm sure he would have started snapping up idols and firmly entrenched himself. 

It's interesting to see the mixture of opinions here on Sandra. I'm basically neutral on her. Her cockiness and snappishness cracks me up because that would so be me if I were on the show (same with Michaela; I too have no poker face and find her reactions so funny), but it gets old pretty fast. And it's surprising that she lacks the self-awareness or self control to do things like calling herself The Queen at tribal council. Then again, with two wins I'm not sure how she'd really minimize the target on her back anyway by acting humble, so why bother I guess. On the other hand, she's basically playing the same game a lot of the men do, so it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot.

Not to be too superficial, but an older and slightly thicker (while that lasts, anyway) Ozzy is a nice development. 

• Love 10

I enjoyed this episode - my dream first ep would have gotten rid of Ciera and Tai, so it was half right :)

IMO the only thing more overrated than Ciera's voting our her mother was Tony's "spy shack" - I think he may have used the original once to eavesdrop, and I'm being generous.  All the alone time he wasted supposedly digging his bunker when he could have been actually looking for an idol - WTF?  I said to Mr. P that his spy shack was the equivalent of Philip's red underpants - just something the show wanted brought back.  Overall in the past I did like him better than Sandra (I never warmed up to her until she was bitchy to Russell and burned his hat :) but I'm glad I don't have to look at his tattoo any longer.  And Ozzy - I always liked you but I'll be wishing you out next if you don't ditch the pigtails!!!

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Squirrely said:

I don't remember how well Tony performed in his season, 

He won.

Malcolm still looks extremely hot.  I just never cared much for his personality - there's no X factor.  He's so......... there's a huge lack of something.  Heart, humour?

I am completely neutral on Sandra's personality.  Tony wasn't paranoid.  You're not paranoid if you're right.  Jesus.  Sandra just doesn't like anyone questioning her, which I get.

Tony is just entertaining as all hell.  Leaning against a tree, watching everyone sleep, doing army crawls in the dark.  Man, he's just so much fun.  Tony doing the llama voice at Kass is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this show.  Oh lord. Oh lord!!!  I'm so sad.

I loved seeing Cirie and Zeke be the dream team in the first challenge.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Long live The Queen!!  Sandra is my all time favorite ever.  Well Boston Rob but I didn't like him on his first season.  Anyway love how she tells it like it is.  Tony is a good entertainment villain but he crossed swords with Sandra so he had to go.  Editors did a good job of setting up the second tribal so it looked like Sandra would go.

Love Sandra and Cerie though both probably won't last too much longer.  Glad to see Tai back.  Don't mind Malcolm though he was on my enemies list when it looked like he was going to vote out Sandra over Tony.  I remember Jeff gave good interviews so he can stay.  Ozzy I'm neutral on.  But if he goes after Cerie he will have gone to the dark side for me. 

But there are a lot of people I never heard of and I watched every season of this show.  One of them apparently even won his season and I have zero memory of him.  Guy with initials instead of a real name I think it is.  Another guy on that blue tribe too that said he was on with his wife last time.  Zero memory of him.  Zero memory of any of the younger woman except the one voted out, Aubrey and Michaela.  The others just seem like fillers who production uses to give the male audience their eye candy I guess.

• Love 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

For all those who say Sandra can't influence people and just plays "anyone but me", I want them to watch how quickly she created an alliance to get Tony out. "Anyone but me" is what she says to put others at ease, but this episode showed her proactive play. 

I just wonder whether she alienated Aubry for no good reason. It was obvious that Tony and Aubry knew the score, since they voted for each other, but I doubt Aubry feels good about things now. I understand why she wanted him gone, and I understand idol fears, but Aubry wanted to work with her from what we were shown. 

I love Sandra, and I am going to enjoy the hell out of her. Of course, I don't dislike Michaela, either. I actually kind of dig her, especially after she said Ciera was overrated. I just don't think she's as good at the game as she thinks she is. Sandra, on the other hand, is every bit as awesome as she thinks she is. 

I think the vote for Aubrey had to do with what the editors didn't show us.  That it was a done deal going into tribal for everyone wanting Tony out by then.  But if Tony had an idol then his one vote could send someone home.  So Sandra put up a blocking vote of Aubrey so she or anyone else in her alliance wouldn't go home.  Why Tony voted fro Aubrey I guess is that he knew already he lost the guys and was lead to believe Aubrey was the target.  Anyway Sandra protected herself in case Tony did have that idol was my take.

Forgot to add that I liked your opening paragraph.  Sandra's 15 Minutes Instant Alliance was great.

Edited by green
  • Love 21