Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

While not impossible, I would think it unlikely considering he'll be 99 in July.  

He was allegedly fairly active in both the Live in Front of a Studio Audience specials from 2019, and the One Day At A Time reboot from 2017. Not day to day management, but enough that the big decisions were all discussed with him. Seeing him interviewed a year and a half ago, he did seem to be completely lucid and with it. Things could easily change at his age since then, but it's not insignificant he was like that so recently. The extent of his physical frailty in 2019 seemed to be never getting out of a chair. At least the clearly visible signs, I mean. 

• Useful 4

George RR Martin is executive producing another TV show. Based on one of Roger Zelazny's books. How nice for him. There are also three Game of Thrones spinoffs in the works, plus a Wild Cards TV movie. Along with all his non TV or movie ventures. I doubt we'll ever see Winds of Winter.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Anduin said:

George RR Martin is executive producing another TV show. Based on one of Roger Zelazny's books. How nice for him. There are also three Game of Thrones spinoffs in the works, plus a Wild Cards TV movie. Along with all his non TV or movie ventures. I doubt we'll ever see Winds of Winter.

I never had much hope.  He really needs to hand it off to someone else if he's lost interest, but then he feels no obligation to provide an ending for his fans.  It sucks that we're left with the tv ending and will never know what happens to book characters and storylines that didn't make the tv cut.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I never had much hope.  He really needs to hand it off to someone else if he's lost interest, but then he feels no obligation to provide an ending for his fans.  It sucks that we're left with the tv ending and will never know what happens to book characters and storylines that didn't make the tv cut.

I know. It's terribly frustrating. And the most interesting spinoff to me was the Long Night, about the first appearance of the White Walkers. But that got cancelled in favour of the more familiar Dance of Dragons and Dunk and Egg storylines.

Maybe it's time for fanfic to finish the I&F story.

• Love 3
On 2/11/2021 at 3:56 PM, Popples said:

I've never seen a show that got cancelled and picked up by another network go for more than another 3 seasons unless you count shows that were sold into first-run syndication like Charles in Charge. And that was usually just to make sure they had the magic 88/100 episodes needed for syndication.

Edited by methodwriter85
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've never seen a show that got cancelled and picked up by another network go for more than another 3 seasons unless you count shows that were sold into first-run syndication like Charles in Charge. And that was usually just to make sure they had the magic 88/100 episodes needed for syndication.

Well....there was JAG, which aired originally on NBC for just one season, then got picked up by CBS and ran for 9 seasons.

• Love 1
On ‎01‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 4:46 AM, SVNBob said:

I did forget the other highlight of that movie, although it's really more for the BTS story that goes with it.  Tom Baker (aka the Fourth Doctor) was cast in the movie as an ancient and powerful elf.  The story he tells is that he thought the role was an elk, and that's the reason he wanted the role.  (Tom's a bit weird like that.)

I'd pay to watch Tom Baker play an ancient and powerful elk.

The time I saw him at a Doctor Who convention, he told a story about buying a house after seeing it at night, then realizing, upon going back in the daytime, that it was surrounded by a cemetery.  That'd be my worst nightmare, but it was funny when he was telling it.

• Love 4
On ‎02‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 9:07 AM, Anduin said:

And the most interesting spinoff to me was the Long Night, about the first appearance of the White Walkers. But that got cancelled in favour of the more familiar Dance of Dragons and Dunk and Egg storylines.

I'm much more interested in the Targaryen stuff myself, and was dreading more zombies.

But yeah, we'll be lucky if we see The Winds of Winter before the end of the decade and we're never going to see the last book.  Although if that means no more Greyjoys, I'm fine with that.   (Theon and Asha excepted, of course.)

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

But yeah, we'll be lucky if we see The Winds of Winter before the end of the decade and we're never going to see the last book.  Although if that means no more Greyjoys, I'm fine with that.   (Theon and Asha excepted, of course.)

How can crazy pirates be that boring???

From Variety‘Frasier’ Revival with Kelsey Grammer Set at Paramount Plus

So far, Kelsey Grammer’s the only surviving original cast member attached to the project. John Mahoney, who played Frasier & Niles’ father, Martin Crane, died in 2018. Kelsey Grammer will also be an executive producer, through his Grammnet Productions. 

And 2 From Deadline:

‘Criminal Minds’: Paramount+ Lays Out Plan to Revive Procedural Franchise

‘The Real Criminal Minds’ Docuseries in Works at Paramount+ 

The current CBS All Access streaming site becomes Paramount+ in March of this year.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To correct a word in a title to a symbol.
  • Love 2

FOX announces summer schedule.

Beat Shazam actually still exists!  After it was renewed last January, there was barely any mention of it again until today, not even an explanation of "We'll have more episodes when we're able to film."  I would look at the official Facebook page every once in a while, and they would post about other FOX shows or Jamie Foxx work and ignore the constant questions about the show from fans.  I like this show as light summer fare, so I'm glad it is returning.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

FOX announces summer schedule.

Beat Shazam actually still exists!  After it was renewed last January, there was barely any mention of it again until today, not even an explanation of "We'll have more episodes when we're able to film."  I would look at the official Facebook page every once in a while, and they would post about other FOX shows or Jamie Foxx work and ignore the constant questions about the show from fans.  I like this show as light summer fare, so I'm glad it is returning.

I looked this up a few weeks ago and could only find that it had been renewed for a fourth season, but nothing else. I was surprised that it didn't come back last summer because it has one of the easiest set-ups to handle social distancing. The contestants' podiums were already spaced out so they couldn't see each others answers and just don't have anybody in the audience except for the couple of people the contestants bring with them for support (or do it virtually).

• Love 1
On 4/8/2021 at 10:30 AM, BW Manilowe said:

From The WrapMacGyver to End with Season 5 at CBS

Season 5 is the season currently airing. The now series finale episode will air on April 30th.

Five seasons too late.  As a huge fan of the original (even tho I dislike RDA), having a 20-something w/NO life experience in the lead role, irritated me to no end. 

• Love 4
On 3/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, janie jones said:

For someone who didn't watch Game of Thrones, those sound like joke titles.

Hell, I watched the show, have read all the Song of Ice and Fire books published so far, and still had to look up the Sea Snake.  I was half afraid it was a typo and they were planning a series about the Sand Snakes, who had potential in the books but were terrible on screen.

• Love 2

Just saw this on Tvline about a new Apple tv show starring Maya Rudolph and the tagline just made me giggle.  I thought I knew where it was going but was surprised when I got to the end  LOL.

Sunnyside scene-stealer Joel Kim Booster has joined Apple TV+’s untitled comedy starring Maya Rudolph as “a woman whose seemingly perfect life is upended after her husband leaves her with nothing but 87 billion dollars.” Booster will play the loyal assistant of Rudolph’s character in the series from creators Alan Yang (Master of None) and Matt Hubbard (30 Rock).

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ABay said:

Moffat ruined it for me and I'm not sure I'll ever get that bad taste out of my mouth.

If you quit with Moffat, I would suggest trying Chibnall's seasons. I also didn't like Moffat's season arcs (I liked his standalone episodes), so Chibnall was a breath of fresh air for me.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ABay said:

Moffat ruined it for me and I'm not sure I'll ever get that bad taste out of my mouth.

Same, and it makes me really sad. 

I did watch some of Chibnall and Jodie as the Doctor in reruns, but was very disappointed in whatever big finale happened that once again rewrote show canon and haven't watched since (though I'm also not entirely sure if there have been new episodes since that due to the pandemic). 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

If you quit with Moffat, I would suggest trying Chibnall's seasons. I also didn't like Moffat's season arcs (I liked his standalone episodes), so Chibnall was a breath of fresh air for me.

I find Jodie Whitaker to be a mediocre, one-note actress, and she ruined the show for me.  I do wish Bradley Walsh weren't leaving, but I have heard good things about his character.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I did watch some of Chibnall and Jodie as the Doctor in reruns, but was very disappointed in whatever big finale happened that once again rewrote show canon and haven't watched since (though I'm also not entirely sure if there have been new episodes since that due to the pandemic). 

Only one special so far.

• Love 1
On 7/29/2021 at 5:50 PM, ABay said:

That's my feeling, although I did try to stick it out for Peter Capaldi (I thought he and Bill Potts were one of the better incarnations of the show, but Moffat was the weak link)

I tried Jodie and Chibnall but didn't last much more than an episode.  Jodie felt like she was trying to do a version of David Tennant's Doctor and Chibnall just wasn't that strong a writer (something I discovered on a rewatch of Broadchurch when I realized it was the power and charisma of David Tennant and Olivia Coleman that carried that show).

• Love 2
On 7/30/2021 at 2:36 PM, proserpina65 said:

I find Jodie Whitaker to be a mediocre, one-note actress, and she ruined the show for me.  I do wish Bradley Walsh weren't leaving, but I have heard good things about his character.

It wasn’t Jodie who ruined the show for me, but it was the writing and direction. My husband who watched all the original Doctor Who introduced me to the show. He and I both gave it up to never watch again after about the 5th episode of Jodie’s inaugural season. It had nothing to do with the Doctor being female (which we both thought was great and both liked the possibility of her in the role). 

However, for us it just went in a totally opposite direction with the writing for us. 

Moffat definitely needed to go and was problematic but I really miss the old days where it was a great show that was insightful but still had humor.

• Love 6

As long as he doesn't go back to the "companion is totes in wuv with the Doctor" well again, there is potential for me to be excited about this. Also, I can't believe the 60th anniversary is so soon. It feels like the 50th was only like 3 years ago, but then I remember that there have been two Doctors since.

• Love 7

I haven't watched Doctor Who in quite a few years. Watching Matt Smith's entire tenure on the show wore me down so much that I kind of became a more sporadic viewer after that for awhile then ended up quitting completely. If they were determined to bring someone back at least it wasn't Steven Moffat.

• Love 5