Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

On 9/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, Popples said:

As long as he doesn't go back to the "companion is totes in wuv with the Doctor" well again, there is potential for me to be excited about this. Also, I can't believe the 60th anniversary is so soon. It feels like the 50th was only like 3 years ago, but then I remember that there have been two Doctors since.

After the shitty way he treated the Torchwood fans who were upset after Ianto's death, I swore I'd never watch anything else with his name on it.  Guess it's goodbye Doctor Who from me now. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Popples said:

Wow!  I wonder which characters they're bringing back.  I won't lie, I was always more a Benjamin Stone L&O type of gal, never cared for Claire or Abby, actually liked Jamie, and loved Van Buren.  I also admit being pretty much over the show after Jerry Orbach left but "might" give this reincarnation a try. 

Edited by MissAlmond
19 hours ago, Popples said:

I think it's hilarious that the only two characters still alive are Jack and Anita. Lennie/Jerry passed away in 2016; Claire was killed off 14 years before the season ended, and Mike was last seen on Criminal Intent, quit, and never returned to the 27.

S. Epatha Merkerson is on another show, right?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think it's hilarious that the only two characters still alive are Jack and Anita. Lennie/Jerry passed away in 2016; Claire was killed off 14 years before the season ended, and Mike was last seen on Criminal Intent, quit, and never returned to the 27.

S. Epatha Merkerson is on another show, right?

She is on Chicago Med, another Dick Wolf show that has crossed over with the original L&O universe.  

• Love 3
On 9/24/2021 at 8:56 PM, Jaded said:

I haven't watched Doctor Who in quite a few years. Watching Matt Smith's entire tenure on the show wore me down so much that I kind of became a more sporadic viewer after that for awhile then ended up quitting completely. If they were determined to bring someone back at least it wasn't Steven Moffat.

I haven't watched since Jodie Whitaker became the Doctor.  I wasn't crazy about Russell Davies' tenure, mainly because of the whole "companion in love with the Doctor" crap of Ten's sojourn, but I did like a good number of the stories, so maybe?

23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Mike was last seen on Criminal Intent, quit, and never returned to the 27.

He's not dead, though, so there's always a chance.

• Love 3
On 9/30/2021 at 2:40 PM, proserpina65 said:

He's not dead, though, so there's always a chance.

True, but when he left, Noth stated the character of Mike Logan had run its course, and there was nothing left to explore.

I don’t know if he and Dickless Wolf butted heads again or what happened, if anything.

He’s recurring now on The Equalizer, so if he’s willing/asked to appear, it would be nice to know Mike returned to the 27, but is now retired. So that would allow for a guest spot.

The original was known for its rotating cast and staying away from digging into the personal lives. This made it the best. But I don’t like that neither Rene Balcer or Michael Chernuchin aren’t involved. I’d be more optimistic if they were.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, juno said:

Here it is the Season 10 announcement!!!!

You can watch Letterkenny Season 10 December 25th on Crave and December 26th on Hulu if you want to.

I tried watching this show but I couldn't get into it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I tried watching this show but I couldn't get into it.

Absolutely, really not for everybody. I am Canadian and there is a pretty large amount of Canadian content. I will mention that it takes a few episodes to click in.

This is one for fellow Aussies and Brits. Neighbours is cancelled. For those who don't know, it was a long-running Aussie soap. Some big names got their start there. Kylie Minogue, Margot Robbie, Guy Pearce.

I watched it a bit in the 80s, but as with all soaps I dropped it pretty quick. My sister used to watch, so I got some exposure against my will.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Anduin said:

This is one for fellow Aussies and Brits. Neighbours is cancelled. For those who don't know, it was a long-running Aussie soap. Some big names got their start there. Kylie Minogue, Margot Robbie, Guy Pearce.

I watched it a bit in the 80s, but as with all soaps I dropped it pretty quick. My sister used to watch, so I got some exposure against my will.

Wow. I watched it when I was a kid, and then again when it was shown on PBS, in my State. I didn't watch it regularly, because it was so depressing. The last time I tried watching, was New Year's Day 2000, when the marathon depressed me, and I went outside, because it was sunny and warm.

Edited by Anela
2 hours ago, Anela said:

Wow. I watched it when I was a kid, and then again when it was shown on PBS, in my State. I didn't watch it regularly, because it was so depressing. The last time I tried watching, was New Year's Day 2000, when the marathon depressed me, and I went outside, because it was sunny and warm.

Neigbours was depressing? What happened? I remember it being annoying, but that's because I'm not into dull melodrama. Depressing. Wow.

So Mike Meyers has a new show coming out on Netflix called The Pentaverate...

Which seems to be the same organization Charlie's dad was talking about in So I Married An Axe Murderer! LMAO!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Popples said:

So Mike Meyers has a new show coming out on Netflix called The Pentaverate...

Which seems to be the same organization Charlie's dad was talking about in So I Married An Axe Murderer! LMAO!

This is my favorite scene from the movie. When he starts joking about the size of kids Heeeaaad, it is beyond hilarious.

Edited by juno
  • Love 2
On 4/2/2022 at 9:21 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Alec Baldwin's Match Game, three more game shows cancelled at ABC 

comicbook

I love Match Game.  Tho it's first iteration was better, with Gene Rayburn.

I wonder if Alec's troubles played into the decision?  If so, perhaps they can bring it back w/a new host. 

• Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, roamyn said:

I love Match Game.  Tho it's first iteration was better, with Gene Rayburn.

I wonder if Alec's troubles played into the decision?  If so, perhaps they can bring it back w/a new host. 

No, not according to Variety.

ABC’s decision to cancel “Match Game” is not related to that incident; “Match Game” hasn’t been in production since 2020, prior to the COVID-19 pandemic — and only aired two new episodes in 2021, which had been left over from the previous year.

The latest revival of “Match Game,” hosted by Baldwin, debuted in 2016, and ran for five seasons. The most recent season was shot before the pandemic began, with nine episodes spread out between May 31, 2000, and Oct. 29, 2000, and then the final two on July 21 and July 28, 2021.

It was the most successful of the shows cancelled. Maybe the show just ran its course or Baldwin decided not to renew his contract. Game shows hosted by working actors don't seem to last very long, possibly due to conflicting commitments.

Edited by orza
  • Love 1

Bringing my post from the Match Game forum over to this thread and commenting on the other game show cancelations...

I was never fond of Alec being the one who was ultimately chosen to host this version of Match Game. Alec, the obnoxious people they cast as contestants and the need for more bleeping as episodes went on made this show got more and more annoying to try to watch at times. I was an off and on watcher where I'd watch a few episodes in a row as they aired each week then would take a break. I just didn't enjoy having to try and guess whatever words were being bleeped if it wasn't immediately clear what they probably were. The 70's version was raunchy and fun without people on the show constantly having to utter stuff that had to be bleeped out. That kind of language would have worked better had this show not been on ABC so they could get as over the top as they desired.

I remember looking forward to this version of Match Game back when stories of it being developed were out there, then they chose a host and that seemed to be where I started to kind of lose interest before it really began. I've had trouble looking at Alec ever since that message he left for his daughter was made public years ago, along with his rage issues that were always well documented publicly and that woman he's married to who has done him no favors in regards to his public image either.

I really wanted to like Card Sharks as well. It would have been more enjoyable if it didn't feel like the show was deliberately being stretched out for content. That along with Joel not seeming to lighten up his sarcastic nature made it kind of uncomfortable for me at times. He would come across like he never really wanted to be there. Some of the contestants were really annoying in the same way ones on Match Game were then there was the annoying family/friend stuff on the sidelines like they had on Deal or No Deal .

In regards to The Hustler I never really got to watch it. I would forget it was on or wouldn't be able to catch an episode from the beginning. I kind of wish I had watched episodes afterwards anyway. It would be nice if Craig could land on a show that would last longer in the future because I really enjoy seeing him on TV.

• Love 4

BIG cancel hammer be used today. The destruction is far and wide. Buckle up and get out the tissues for this list:

Legacies Cancelled After 4 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/legacies-cancelled-season-5-the-cw-vampire-diaries-ending/

Good Sam cancelled after 1 season

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/good-sam-cancelled-cbs-season-2-sophia-bush/

How We Roll Cancelled at CBS

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/how-we-roll-cancelled-season-2-pete-holmes-cbs-bowling-comedy/

Magnum P.I. Cancelled: CBS Axes Reboot After 4 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/magnum-pi-cancelled-season-5-cbs-final-episode/

4400 Cancelled at CW After 1 Season

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/4400-cancelled-season-2-the-cw/

Dynasty Cancelled After 5 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/dynasty-cancelled-season-6-the-cw/

Naomi Cancelled at The CW

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/naomi-cancelled-season-2-cw/

Charmed Cancelled After 4 Seasons

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/charmed-cancelled-season-5-the-cw/

Mr. Mayor and Kenan Cancelled at NBC

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/mr-mayor-kenan-cancelled-nbc-season-3/

The Endgame Cancelled at NBC

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/the-endgame-cancelled-season-2-nbc/

B Positive Cancelled at CBS

https://tvline.com/2022/05/12/b-positive-cancelled-season-3-cbs/

United States of Al Cancelled at CBS

https://tvline.com/2022/05/11/united-states-of-al-cancelled-season-3-cbs/

Dollface Not Returning for Season 3

https://tvline.com/2022/05/10/dollface-cancelled-hulu-season-3-kat-dennings/

• Useful 11

Yeah, CBS and CW went on one hell of a bloodbath spree today, damn. 

I'm sad about "United States of Al" :(. And I'm sorry to the cast/crew/fans of all the other shows that were cancelled today, too. 

• Love 4

Not that I watched it, but didn't "How We Roll" just start?  I see ads for it all the time.

I am a little sad about Mr. Mayor.  Not really surprised, though.  It's just a little too quirky.  Kind of like Better Off Ted.

• Love 2
On 4/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, Popples said:

James Corden is leaving The Late Late Show next year.

And there was much rejoicing. 

That sucks about United States of Al.  I really liked that show. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Well, shit.

Yeah. I know it was a crazy, ridiculous show but it was a lot of fun to watch, for me anyway :) I only saw part of the finale and was going to watch it this summer-- now I wonder if it's worth it. ( I most likely will, though, just to see the cliffhanger I'm sure they put in.

I lost 3 shows on the cancel list ! You'd think after years of having shows cancelled, we would get used to it, but dang. I am going to miss B Positive, mainly for Annaleigh and a few of the famous older folks.

• Love 1

I'm surprised the United States of Al and B Positive got cancelled.  I kept reading that one would likely survive and the other cancelled so having them both axed, especially since they're Lorre shows, is surprising.

• Love 2

This is the first time the CW has gone on such a cancellation spree, isn't it? It's not surprising given the sale but it takes some getting used to. But I guess this is what happens when you renew everything that's getting 0.01 for 4-5 straight years. 

10 hours ago, willco said:

( I most likely will, though, just to see the cliffhanger I'm sure they put in.

They did and, given the chemistry between the two co-stars, I was looking forward to it (but, also knew that the show wasn't gaining much traction, so I was prepared and just hoping I was wrong).

17 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

That sucks about United States of Al.  I really liked that show. 

It's gotten bogged down in the terrible Riley/Vanessa cheating storyline, but I liked the characters and a lot of the rest of the show, so I will miss it.

• Love 4