Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

The Rookie has been renewed for a 6th season.

I've never watched this show. Is the same person still the rookie? You'd think by now they'd have experience. Or is it a different rookie every season?

• LOL 2
24 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I've never watched this show. Is the same person still the rookie? You'd think by now they'd have experience. Or is it a different rookie every season?

There are new rookies, but some of the originals have new jobs within the department.  One is now a detective, one is going into undercover work,  one has just been assigned a rookie for his first time as a training officer.....stuff like that.

• Useful 2
On 4/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, JustHereForFood said:

From those ideas, I would only be interested in the Stuart one. That could be cool.

I like a stand alone Stuart world. He was a business owner who, I feel, was relegated to a joke/parody at the end of TBBT - although he was so much more. And of course, such a great actor

• Like 2

Stuart was also a talented artist which is how he successfully flirted with and got a date out of Penny back in season 2. He also threw Sheldon for a loop with his "it's a little wrong to say a tomato's a vegetable but it's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge" comment. The show could have had him do some freelance work for various companies, including comic books, while running the store but they instead chose to make him more and more of a loser.

• Like 8
16 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Stuart was also a talented artist which is how he successfully flirted with and got a date out of Penny back in season 2. He also threw Sheldon for a loop with his "it's a little wrong to say a tomato's a vegetable but it's very wrong to say it's a suspension bridge" comment. The show could have had him do some freelance work for various companies, including comic books, while running the store but they instead chose to make him more and more of a loser.

I loved Stuart and wished they kept his season 2 coolness. The rest of the time I felt sorry for him and the actor. It really wasn't funny. 

• Like 7

Coming to Crave on May 19. A new Letterkenny special episode is airing on May 19, 2023;

Letterkenny; May 2-4

The hicks celebrate the May long weekend.

image.png.3194e5a75051afc1151242cd1567c3a6.png

The rumor going around Twitter is The CW is cancelling everything this week. So far it seems to be true as Kung Fu was cancelled entirely while Walker Independence and The Winchesters were cancelled by The CW but being shopped around like when Fox cancelled Brooklyn 99 and it moved over to NBC. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Didn't they renew that other Walker show? Which I thought was weird since they have already cancelled everything else.

They did and I just read another piece from The Hollywood Reporter that mentions the episode counts are going to max out at 13 so that may be part of the reason. They'll keep the attention that Jared brings but save money by slashing the episode count.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Its hammer time for 3 more shows; tough to be a fan these days.

Alaska Daily: Cancelled by ABC; No Season Two Renewal for Hilary Swank Drama

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/alaska-daily-cancelled-by-abc-no-season-two-renewal-for-hilary-swank-drama/

The Company You Keep: Cancelled; ABC Drama Not Returning for Season Two

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-company-you-keep-cancelled-abc-drama-not-returning-for-season-two/

‘Big Sky’ Canceled By ABC After 3 Seasons

https://deadline.com/2023/05/big-sky-canceled-abc-three-seasons-1235360530/

Edited by juno
  • Like 1
On 5/12/2023 at 8:07 PM, juno said:

Its hammer time for 3 more shows; tough to be a fan these days.

Alaska Daily: Cancelled by ABC; No Season Two Renewal for Hilary Swank Drama

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/alaska-daily-cancelled-by-abc-no-season-two-renewal-for-hilary-swank-drama/

The Company You Keep: Cancelled; ABC Drama Not Returning for Season Two

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-company-you-keep-cancelled-abc-drama-not-returning-for-season-two/

‘Big Sky’ Canceled By ABC After 3 Seasons

https://deadline.com/2023/05/big-sky-canceled-abc-three-seasons-1235360530/

Not surprised about Alaska Daily the way they were jerking it around, but I really got into it near to the end so I am a little disappointed 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Not surprised about Alaska Daily the way they were jerking it around, but I really got into it near to the end so I am a little disappointed 

I think it was one of the worst promoted shows in tv history. Actually, there was no promotion at all.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Zero.  They never wanted that show to succeed.   

I could say the same thing about the Fox reboot of Fantasy Island. Fox promoted Farmer wants a Wife more than that show. Why were so many shows with female leads canceled?

• Like 2

The CW will air a show about the life of Jesus, called The Chosen. Brad Schwartz is a CW exec and apparently a little bit dim, because he said, “The Chosen is based on the biggest IP of all time and is truly a one-of-a-kind series that tells this historically significant story in a captivating, dramatic and premium way.”

Yeah. Something that is to so many, a matter of life and death, the immortal soul. A matter that people have killed and died for. Reduced to just another piece of intellectual property. For fuck's sake! I'm not even given to religion, but I realise it's more than just another bloody franchise.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Anduin said:

The CW will air a show about the life of Jesus, called The Chosen. Brad Schwartz is a CW exec and apparently a little bit dim, because he said, “The Chosen is based on the biggest IP of all time and is truly a one-of-a-kind series that tells this historically significant story in a captivating, dramatic and premium way.”

Yeah. Something that is to so many, a matter of life and death, the immortal soul. A matter that people have killed and died for. Reduced to just another piece of intellectual property. For fuck's sake! I'm not even given to religion, but I realise it's more than just another bloody franchise.

Yeah, I saw that. They really could have had a normal press release, but Schwartz needed to be dumb AND loud, apparently.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Yeah, I saw that. They really could have had a normal press release, but Schwartz needed to be dumb AND loud, apparently.

Maybe this is a 'no such thing as bad publicity' situation. Well, all right. I suppose it grabbed my attention.

• Like 1

So I watched a trailer. Not bad. Hey, Erick Avari! However, a Roman speaking with an American accent? If they aren't going to do Italian, British is the usual stand-in. Anyway, I'm sick of the classical era. Come on, Hollywood, give us Hadrian. Diocletian. Constantine I if you want the Christian hero. I realise Elagabalus or Julian the Apostate, while interesting, is too much to ask for.

Also, the comments on that video. Phew! Guys, I get that you're fans of Jesus. But like any fanbase, being a little too devoted can really put otherwise interested parties off. Come on, dial it back a little.

• Like 2
On 6/9/2023 at 7:52 PM, Anduin said:

Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid it like the plague.  Not because of Brad Schwartz, though.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This thread has missed S.W.A.T.'s "uncancellation" after much chicanery went around.

It will now return for a seventh, but final, season.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:47 AM, Anduin said:

So I watched a trailer. Not bad. Hey, Erick Avari! However, a Roman speaking with an American accent? If they aren't going to do Italian, British is the usual stand-in. Anyway, I'm sick of the classical era. Come on, Hollywood, give us Hadrian. Diocletian. Constantine I if you want the Christian hero. I realise Elagabalus or Julian the Apostate, while interesting, is too much to ask for.

Also, the comments on that video. Phew! Guys, I get that you're fans of Jesus. But like any fanbase, being a little too devoted can really put otherwise interested parties off. Come on, dial it back a little.

I watched the trailer too and...I don't know where to begin.

I understand this is supposed to be a show that's about the "real" Jesus, portraying his life in a "realistic" way, showing how people would actually look at him and how the events in Jesus' life would have actually happened.

Which is not a bad premise. I just think the producers of this show utterly failed.

I could go on a rant about how much of a fool's game it is just to attempt to portray an "official" narrative of Jesus because of all the debates surrounding the historical Jesus, but I'm not sure it's fair to the show. I'm not sure they want to be a strictly "historical" piece, so, even though their narrative is horribly inaccurate, I'm not sure how relevant it would be to the analysis.

What is relevant to the analysis is the show's decision to stock the entire cast with pasty white people (I don't care that several of the actors are actually not Caucasian, they still look the part). The people of Judea would have been darker skinned, though not necessarily black. Maybe some of them would have been as light as white people (depending on the job they had), but certainly not everyone.

Then there's the accents...I don't quite get the choice to employ them. Sure, perhaps the producers wanted to emphasize Jesus' Semitic-ness by making him use a Semitic (i.e., Arabic, Hebrew, Egyptian, etc.) accent, but, with the Romans being played by people with distinctly American accents, the decision feels off.

I think it should have been the other way around- use American-accented people for the Judeans (since the show is geared towards Americans, I think) because they're the people providing the narrative's point of view, and give accents to the foreigners like the Romans to emphasize their "foreign-ness". The real Romans issued all their decrees on stone slabs in Latin, and they didn't care if the local population could actually read what was decreed or not, so I don't think it would have been a bad idea to cast as Romans people who could provide that "snobby foreigner" accent.

Most importantly- though I realize I'm just judging a trailer here, not a full episode- it feels like the show is incredibly wishy-washy. Jesus faces no struggles at all, and everyone is tripping over themselves just to bow down at his feet.

Which is...not exactly "real" at all.

I would imagine that if you are going to tell the "real" story of Jesus' life you would have to tell a story about someone who, at first, failed to draw people in but, as the series progresses, he gets better at it. I would also want to get a sense of the struggles Jesus would face going up against the Jewish elites who would rightly see him as a challenge to their authority.

I mean, we're talking about the man for whom the word "martyr" was literally invented because of his story. Focusing on that inevitable tragedy- and how that tragedy inspired others- should be the focus on the series.

Not some thinly-veiled Sunday service sermon.

• Like 3

I can't speak to "The Chosen" as a show, as I've not seen it, but I have seen something online about how there are people who are unhappy with the show already because the social media had a Pride flag featured on a picture related to the show or something like that.

As a result, the "anti-woke" crowd threw a hissy fit, 'cause apparently they have nothing better to do with their lives. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I can't speak to "The Chosen" as a show, as I've not seen it, but I have seen something online about how there are people who are unhappy with the show already because the social media had a Pride flag featured on a picture related to the show or something like that.

As a result, the "anti-woke" crowd threw a hissy fit, 'cause apparently they have nothing better to do with their lives. 

I'm not interested in Jesus stuff, but if it freaked out the conservatives, then that's good.

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 5
On 6/13/2023 at 6:29 AM, Annber03 said:

Of course they are. Somehow Jesus welcoming "everyone" still throws them.

• Like 8

Scion announcement trailer. It's not much, but it's something. Based on the White Wolf TTRPG where demigods children of deities from various pantheons and mortals - like Hercules - have to team up to stop the returning titans. This being White Wolf related, it'll probably be on the grimmer end of urban fantasy. They also apparently have an Exalted show in the works, I can't imagine how that'll work in live action.

• Like 2

New promo video for Elite Season 7 reveals the 8 episode season debuts on Friday, October 20, 2023. My big takeaway, aside from the arty style of the video, is the return of

Spoiler

Omar Ayuso as Omar, after he sat out Season 6.

• Like 1