Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

I really wish there was a contract somewhere that made sure any shows that air past one season have to be given a fair well finale as part of the cancellation. It’s so annoying when you invest a year or two into shows that are then just suddenly cancelled. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I really wish there was a contract somewhere that made sure any shows that air past one season have to be given a fair well finale as part of the cancellation. It’s so annoying when you invest a year or two into shows that are then just suddenly cancelled. 

I would just be happy if writers for shows that weren't a guaranteed renewal would stop writing cliffhanger season finales.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I would just be happy if writers for shows that weren't a guaranteed renewal would stop writing cliffhanger season finales.

It's amazing how many shows still seem to think this is an effective way to try and save them from being cancelled, considering it's exceedingly rare that it actually works. 

• Love 12

Here is the big list in case you were wondering. All shows renewed and cancelled.

ABC

Abbott Elementary (renewed for season 2)

American Idol (renewed for season 21)

America's Funniest Home Videos (renewed for season 33)

The Bachelor (renewed for season 27)

Black-ish (ending after season 8)

Celebrity Wheel of Fortune (renewed for season 3)

The Good Doctor (renewed for season 6)

Grey's Anatomy (renewed for season 19)

Holey Moley (renewed for season 4)

Queens (canceled after one season)

Promised Land (canceled after one season)

The Rookie (renewed for season 5)

Shark Tank (renewed for season 14)

Station 19 (renewed for season 6)

CBS

The Amazing Race (renewed for season 34)

B Positive (canceled after two seasons)

Blue Bloods (renewed for season 13)

Bull (ending after six seasons)

CSI: Vegas (renewed for season 2)

The Equalizer (renewed for seasons 3 and 4)

FBI (renewed for seasons 5 and 6)

FBI: International (renewed for seasons 2 and 3)

FBI: Most Wanted (renewed for seasons 4 and 5)

Ghosts (renewed for season 2)

Good Sam (canceled after one season)

How We Roll (canceled after one season)

Magnum P.I. (canceled after four seasons)

NCIS (renewed for season 20)

NCIS: Hawaii (renewed for season 2)

NCIS: Los Angeles (renewed for season 14)

The Neighborhood (renewed for season 5)

Secret Celebrity Renovation (renewed for season 2)

Survivor (renewed for seasons 43 and 44)

S.W.A.T. (renewed for season 6)

Tough As Nails (renewed for season 4 and 5)

United States of Al (canceled after two seasons)

Young Sheldon (renewed for seasons 6 and 7)

The CW

All American (renewed for season 5)

All American: Homecoming (renewed for season 2)

Batwoman (canceled after three seasons)

Charmed (canceled after four seasons)

DC's Legend of Tomorrow (canceled after seven seasons)

Dynasty (canceled after season 5)

The Flash (renewed for season 9)

In the Dark (canceled after four seasons)

Kung Fu (renewed for season 3)

Legacies (canceled after four seasons)

Masters of Illusion (renewed for season 9)

Nancy Drew (renewed for season 4)

Naomi (canceled after one season)

Penn & Teller: Fool Us (renewed for season 9)

Riverdale (renewed for season 7)

Roswell, New Mexico (canceled after four seasons)

Superman & Lois (renewed for season 3)

Walker (renewed for season 3)

World's Funniest Animals (renewed for season 3)

4400 (canceled after one season)

NBC

American Auto (renewed for season 2)

The Blacklist (renewed for season 10)

Chicago Fire (renewed for season 11)

Chicago Med (renewed for season 8)

Chicago P.D. (renewed for season 10)

The Endgame (canceled after one season)

Grand Crew (renewed for season 2)

Kenan (canceled after two seasons)

La Brea (renewed for season 2)

Law & Order (renewed for season 22)

Law & Order: Organized Crime (renewed for season 3)

Law & Order: SVU (renewed for season 24)

Mr. Mayor (canceled after two seasons)

New Amsterdam (renewed for season 5)

Ordinary Joe (canceled after one season)

That's My Jam (renewed for season 2)

This Is Us (ending after season 6)

Young Rock (renewed for season 3)

Fox

The Big Leap (canceled after one season)

Bob's Burgers (renewed for season 13)

The Cleaning Lady (renewed for season 2)

Duncanville (renewed for season 3)

Fantasy Island (renewed for season 2, premiering May 31)

The Great North (renewed for season 3)

Hell's Kitchen (renewed for seasons 21 and 22)

HouseBroken (renewed for season 2)

Lego Masters (renewed for season 3)

Next Level Chef (renewed for season 2)

Our Kind of People (canceled after one season)

Pivoting (canceled after one season)

The Simpsons (renewed for season 34)

So You Think You Can Dance (renewed for season 17, premiering May 17)

• Useful 8

With the exception of 'United States of Al" and "Two Sentence Horror Stories", which has yet to be renewed*, I got off really lucky overall. All my other shows are coming back next season. 

*I'll be thrilled if "Two Sentence Horror Stories" manages to get a fourth season, 'cause I enjoy the show a lot. But I also won't be surprised if it doesn't, simply because it's not very well-known compared to other CW shows, and given that network's future as a whole is currently up in the air with talk of it being bought out, that will no doubt impact many shows' future as well. So I've made peace with whatever might happen with that series. 

• Love 2

Well, I am ok with the recent round of shows that managed to survive.

My two absolute favorites of the season, Ghosts and Abbott Elementary, got renewed so that was all I really wanted.

Happily surprised that Grand Crew got renewed.  It doesn't get anywhere near the buzz or marketing that some shows get, but it is a nice little friendship based sitcom.

Also happily surprised that Home Economics got renewed.  It kinda fills that Single Parents hole in my heart, in a weird way.

And yay for The Wonder Years.  I was briefly worried about it when the stuff about Fred Savage came out, wondering if that would hurt its chances, but luckily it didn't.

Very interesting to read about all the reactions to the unprecedented CW cancellations.  And there are some after-the-fact finger pointing going on.  I will say, I think some of the creatives might have gotten a bit complacent.  CW has not been a quick cancel, even on some of their lowest performing shows.  So to some extent they have been somewhat insulated from the uncertainties that other Network low performing shows have.  If they had been in Fox, for instance, none of those shows would have gone even half the distance.  But from what it sounds like it is a purely financial thing with the sale of the network.

• Love 4
(edited)

Fall TV Schedule 2022: What's on When? And Versus What?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 20 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/05/20/fall-tv-schedule-2022-nbc-network-cbs-primetime-abc-shows-cw-fox/ 

HELD FOR MIDSEASON (RANDOM IN-FLUX GAME SHOWS À LA SUPERMARKET SWEEP NOT NECESSARILY INCLUDED)

ABC: A Million Little Things, American Idol, The Bachelor, Judge Steve Harvey, NOT DEAD YET and The Wonder Years CBS: LINGO, Secret Celebrity Renovation, SUPERFAN, Tough as Nails, TRUE LIES NBC: The Blacklist, American Auto, Grand Crew, NIGHT COURT, THE WHEEL, MILLION DOLLAR ISLAND, That’s My Jam, The Wall and Dick Wolf’s LA FIRE AND RESCUE  ★ THE CW: The Flash, GOTHAM KNIGHTS, Masters of Illusion, Nancy Drew, RECIPE FOR DISASTER, Riverdale (final season), Superman & LoisFOX: Who’s to say?

Fall-TV-Grid-schedule-2022-r0.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 7/25/2022 at 6:33 PM, Popples said:

I'm thrilled that I'll no longer have to watch the annoying commercials for this show while watching things on TBS.  I really couldn't stand Samantha Bee or her show.

11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

'm not really surprised. Viola and Gillian were both terrible in it but I'm still disappointed.  There's a lot left to be mined. Michelle Pfeiffer was amazing as Betty Ford.

It would be great if someone picked up/created a new show with just Pfeiffer as Ford.  The woman had an interesting life and Pfeiffer really was terrific in the role.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

And then there were three . . .

Beginning September 12, Days of Our Lives will no longer air on NBC. Instead, the soap will move from network television to NBC's streaming service, Peacock. That leaves only three soap operas on network television: General Hospital (ABC) and The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless (CBS).  

https://deadline.com/2022/08/days-of-our-lives-moving-from-nbc-to-peacock-1235084639/

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/days-of-our-lives-peacock-1235332767/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/days-of-our-lives-leaves-nbc-for-peacock-1235192174/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/03/entertainment/days-of-our-lives-peacock-streaming/index.html

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, juno said:

Westworld has been cancelled after 4 seasons. I really enjoyed this show. Would like to see a Maeve spin-off.

https://www.cancelledscifi.com/2022/11/04/westworld-has-been-cancelled-by-hbo-after-four-seasons-heres-a-look-at-what-happened/

Of course. I watched the first half of the first episode last night, intending to come back. Sorry, everyone. I've been known to discover websites and blogs a month before they stop updating too.

So, should I continue? I was interested in Ed Harris' character, though I didn't like him. Do we get a fulfilling answer as to his motivations? Does the show end in an acceptable place to finish?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Of course. I watched the first half of the first episode last night, intending to come back. Sorry, everyone. I've been known to discover websites and blogs a month before they stop updating too.

Wow, your kiss of death powers work fast! 

• Sad 2
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, Anduin said:

So, should I continue? I was interested in Ed Harris' character, though I didn't like him. Do we get a fulfilling answer as to his motivations? Does the show end in an acceptable place to finish?

YES!  The first season is great!  It's also extremely confusing, but if you just run with it you won't regret watching.  The second season is interesting and worth watching too, but the last two are terrible.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

YES!  The first season is great!  It's also extremely confusing, but if you just run with it you won't regret watching.  The second season is interesting and worth watching too, but the last two are terrible.

Thanks, I'll probably press on.

On 11/19/2022 at 1:17 AM, Anduin said:

Just when you thought it was dead, it's back. Aussie soap Neighbours is returning, produced by Amazon.

Dear Jeff Bezos: WTF? Can't you spring for ten episode season of Lord of the Rings? Why the hell are you bringing this back?

If Amazon screws it up as badly as they did Back to the Rafters, it probably won't be back for long.  (To be fair to Amazon, I mostly blame that on the producers, but still.)

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

In breaking news, those idiots at HBO continue making stupid decisions. They're pulling Westworld and The Nevers from HBO Max. It's not enough that the shows are cancelled, you can't even go back and watch what was made.

If the higher-ups want to save money, they should just fire the person responsible for these actions.

They just cancelled Minx too reversing the season 2 renewal. HBO Max is a dumpster fire now and these nonsensical decisions just keep the flames burning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2022 at 6:17 AM, Anduin said:

Just when you thought it was dead, it's back. Aussie soap Neighbours is returning, produced by Amazon.

Dear Jeff Bezos: WTF? Can't you spring for ten episode season of Lord of the Rings? Why the hell are you bringing this back?

What's wrong with Neighbours? It isn't for everyone, but it was a reasonably popular show, won't be massively expensive to produce, comes with a built-in fanbase (whose noisy efforts to save it were what attracted Amazon's attention in the first place) - and, crucially from Amazon/Freevee's point of view, it will bring new customers to the Freevee service. And is, in fact, already doing so. I know a lot of Neighbours fans who had never heard of Freevee before, but have already begun to check it out in anticipation of new Neighbours. And that's the point, that's why they made the deal, for that audience, who will not only watch Neighbours itself but have now been made aware of other content they could be watching via the Freevee service. And all those eyeballs will bring in new revenue from advertisers.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

I hate soaps. It's all people having great big melodramas over bloody nothing. Just a complete waste of time.

I feel the same about science fiction and fantasy nonsense. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I feel the same about science fiction and fantasy nonsense. 🤣

Wow. We are the complete opposite. It's just, fiction can tell any kind of story. It's all made up. Why tell stories that are so small and mundane, and echo the trivial parts of life? Why not tell stories that are big and bold, the exciting things that so many of us will never experience?

Hey, have you ever watched For All Mankind? I think you'd find it as annoying as I do, for the exact opposite reason. Me: there's too much soap opera in my space opera! You: there's too much space opera in my soap opera!

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Wow. We are the complete opposite. It's just, fiction can tell any kind of story. It's all made up. Why tell stories that are so small and mundane, and echo the trivial parts of life? Why not tell stories that are big and bold, the exciting things that so many of us will never experience?

Hey, have you ever watched For All Mankind? I think you'd find it as annoying as I do, for the exact opposite reason. Me: there's too much soap opera in my space opera! You: there's too much space opera in my soap opera!

I’m not a huge fan of soap operas, either. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 12/12/2022 at 7:20 PM, Jaded said:

They just cancelled Minx too reversing the season 2 renewal. HBO Max is a dumpster fire now and these nonsensical decisions just keep the flames burning.

Of course they did, since I decided to try it last weekend and loved it so much I finished it in 3 days.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Llywela said:

What's wrong with Neighbours? It isn't for everyone, but it was a reasonably popular show, won't be massively expensive to produce, comes with a built-in fanbase (whose noisy efforts to save it were what attracted Amazon's attention in the first place) - and, crucially from Amazon/Freevee's point of view, it will bring new customers to the Freevee service. And is, in fact, already doing so. I know a lot of Neighbours fans who had never heard of Freevee before, but have already begun to check it out in anticipation of new Neighbours. And that's the point, that's why they made the deal, for that audience, who will not only watch Neighbours itself but have now been made aware of other content they could be watching via the Freevee service. And all those eyeballs will bring in new revenue from advertisers.

I'm happy for the fans. I wish we had been able to save Guiding Light that way. Or All My Children, One Life to Live, or As the World Turns. Or all of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm happy for the fans. I wish we had been able to save Guiding Light that way. Or All My Children, One Life to Live, or As the World Turns. Or all of them.

Those are all American shows, right? The thing about Neighbours is, it opens new markets for Amazon Freevee in Australia and the UK. That's why they're doing it, to capture those markets.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Llywela said:

Those are all American shows, right? The thing about Neighbours is, it opens new markets for Amazon Freevee in Australia and the UK. That's why they're doing it, to capture those markets.

American soap operas that were canceled a decade or so ago. They still had a lot of fans and were in markets around the world.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

American soap operas that were canceled a decade or so ago. They still had a lot of fans and were in markets around the world.

A decade ago is what makes the difference. Neighbours was only just cancelled, much easier to revive. Still fresh in the minds of the fans campaigning to save it. Older shows, not so easy.

20 hours ago, Anduin said:

I hate soaps. It's all people having great big melodramas over bloody nothing. Just a complete waste of time.

So don't watch them.  I don't care for them either, but I just watch other things.  Problem solved.  That's the beauty of there being so many channels and streaming services now.  There's something out there for everyone.

• Like 4
  • Love 4