Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

A show that goes off the air for a number of years, then comes back with a whole new cast, doesn't make it the longest running series in my book. That makes it a reboot.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

A show that goes off the air for a number of years, then comes back with a whole new cast, doesn't make it the longest running series in my book. That makes it a reboot.

But it isn't. The lead character, the Doctor, is still the same person he was in 1963 - 1989. Other characters come back now and then, sometimes played by the original actors. The style has changed, but it's still the same show.

• Love 3

Dr Who I'd call more of a revival, I think.  However, it was off the air for a number of years between Old Who and New Who (1989-1996, then 1996-2005) so not quite the same as a show on the air for every year for 20+ years.  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

Unless the word “prime time” was somewhere in that article, quite a number of past and present soaps (both US and abroad) also beat SVU.

But it is indeed bullshit that SVU beat Mothership.

Prime Time was in the article.

I didn't see a thread for it, but I watched that new show "Abby's" on NBC. Wow. It sucked bad.

I'm supposed to root for someone operating an illegal bar on a property not her own who's a dick to the new owner of the building? Oh, she's an OEF veteran, so I guess it's OK. No doubt there will be a very special episode at some point where she deals with her PTSD.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 5:16 PM, biakbiak said:

This is ridiculous after bemoaning having to cancel ODAT Netflix might not waive the stipulation that would allow CBS All Access to pick it up.

The devil is always in the details.  Sounds to me like Netflix wanted to make sure no other streaming service would do unto them as they did unto network TV.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

It's all about the money.  If CBS All Access offers enough money to Netflix, they might change their minds.

Netflix doesn’t own the show. It’s a clause in the contract signed with the production company that they can easily waive.

Edited by biakbiak
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Netflix doesn’t own the show. It’s a clause in the contract signed with the production company that they pile easily waive.

Oh, okay, that makes a difference.  Thanks for the info.

20 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

CBS could easily put ODAT on CBS or the CW if they were truly interested in saving the show.  It's their show and they have two broadcast networks that they could stick it on.

The original aired on CBS but they don’t own it or the reboot it’s owned by Sony Pictures. The cost to launch a show on CBS All Access is a lot cheaper than launching a show on a network and since money was the reason given for cancellation it wouldn’t make economic sense.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

CBS could easily put ODAT on CBS or the CW if they were truly interested in saving the show.  It's their show and they have two broadcast networks that they could stick it on.

Pickler & Ben cancelled after two seasons

Did anyone even watch this show?

Ben is married to Good Morning America's Ginger Zee and is obnoxious. 

• Love 2

Doesn't federal law enforcement have like a mandatory retirement age? I like MH as much as the next person, but there comes a point when suspension of disbelief turns into loss of all sense. Now if they want to promote him to director or something I can understand that. But seriously!

• Love 3
On 4/12/2019 at 3:57 AM, ouinason said:

Doesn't federal law enforcement have like a mandatory retirement age? I like MH as much as the next person, but there comes a point when suspension of disbelief turns into loss of all sense. Now if they want to promote him to director or something I can understand that. But seriously!

I know right. I was flipping through the channels and stopped for a minute on NCIS. It is impossible to believe that Mark Harmon at his age is still a lead agent going out in the field. They should promote him to assistant director or something like that.

Edited by SimoneS
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

He'd be a horrible director. 

He did a horrible job when he filled in for Jenny, who was THE WORST in the show’s history. Refused to talk to other politicians, sign whatever documents he supposedly needed to sign, wouldn’t rubber stamp evaluations already completed, but would review them himself, sign off on things Jenny had rejected. He has no time for the politicians. He only ever respected and listened to Alan Dale’s Tom Morrow. And after awhile, Rocky Carroll’s Director.

But that’s the premise of the show and I hand wave that away. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I really tried with the first season of the Gifted, but it suffers from not being able to even mention the X-men, but still relying on that history to work... and it could not do it.  It's a bummer because AA and SM are fantastic actors and the material they have been given sucks.

Also, as an MCU and Agents of SHIELD fan, the Strucker name always pulled me out of the show.  Same with X-men's Quicksilver, though the acting and writing there can make me forget how weird it is.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/court-tv-reboot-may-launch-date-e-w-scripps-katz-networks-programming-lineup-vinnie-politan-1202595536/

Who is this Katz network?  What shows do they currently air?  I need know so I can check if I have them because this is the reboot/return I've been waiting for.

Here’s info on Katz Networks. It seems they’re not a commercial or cable network; if you went looking in your listings for Katz Networks you wouldn’t find that name among your channels, but they’re involved with other networks somehow. I think that’s what the linked article said, anyway.

7 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

Here’s info on Katz Networks. It seems they’re not a commercial or cable network; if you went looking in your listings for Katz Networks you wouldn’t find that name among your channels, but they’re involved with other networks somehow. I think that’s what the linked article said, anyway.

Thank you!  There is an option to search for local channels and I do indeed have ones listed.  Happy Days!

Edited by MissAlmond
14 hours ago, ouinason said:

I really tried with the first season of the Gifted, but it suffers from not being able to even mention the X-men, but still relying on that history to work... and it could not do it.  It's a bummer because AA and SM are fantastic actors and the material they have been given sucks.

I tried to like this too. But I haven't seen much of the x-man movies, only maybe the first one.  So I was a bit confused on the history as it felt like I was just dropped in the middle of a story. Also at least the first half of season one, felt like every episode was one of the same two plots. Someone gets captured by the government at the end of an episode. The following episode would be the team trying to rescue them, they succeed. Then some more drama at the headquarters until the next "mission". Then another person would get captured and repeat.  It may have gotten better but I certainly lost interest halfway through the first season.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2019 at 8:45 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sketchy source, but wouldn't surprise...

american-idol-canceled-low-ratings

I didn’t read the linked article, so I don’t know the source claiming Idol’s been canceled, but it’s apparently wrong. I still watch the show (don’t judge), though I don’t agree—at all—with the contestants who’ve been booted via America’s Vote the last 2 episodes. Anyway, getting back to my point: Idol’s apparently NOT canceled because Ryan Seacrest plugged the search for next season’s contestants on tonight’s show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/2/2019 at 7:46 PM, BW Manilowe said:

From TV GuideABC Renews Black-ish for Season 6; Orders Second Spin-Off, Mixed-ish, Straight to Series

The new series is a prequel & is based on Rainbow Johnson (Tracee Ellis Ross)’s experiences growing up in a mixed-race family in the ‘80s.

Maybe someone can go back in time and tell Bow not to marry douchebag Dre, an insecure man-child whose behavior toward his eldest son is reprehensible. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

I just knew that with the format change and lack of growth compare to other game shows that this would have gotten cancelled. Chris was a good host, but I believe the lack of contestants winning a million dollars and the move from New York to Vegas is what killed this show.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 3