Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Jessika is a messika. Hello, WW.

3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

She definitely seemed stunned ... it's interesting they decided to include it in the show.  They're smart - they know it will probably drive big numbers as people jump on to see what happened to Holly.  Wonder why they don't just throw an Erica storyline in there as well.

Wonder if this will damage Holly's post-DCC brand once the episode airs.  As of now, no one knows the situation so she still gets the love, the outrage, the "poor holly", and the disappointed fans.  I wonder when / if it comes out, if the people will stay loyal??

Holly doesn't even have a post-DCC brand. She killed her claim to fame.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

According to Judys InstaG, Raelee (Rae Lee? I have no clue who she is) was at TC on July 28th so they were in TX at that point.

Raylee wasn't in TC, she was cut at finals.

3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Holly was shook ?

I do know that Kelly was on vacation when Holly, Jenny, & someone said Christine was out at the nightclub.  Supposedly Zeke was there along with 20 others.  The only place I saw this incident posted was on this board, and it seemed pretty reliable since there was supposedly an altercation with a DJ that was confirmed in the news later on.  Certainly it would be shocking that they would just go on rumors etc.  It's not like there was a photo in the newspapers of any incident.  Sounds like someone in the organization checks all media for gossip and then runs back to K&J to tell.  LIfe is full of tattletales! 

Edited by Jazzmom
Spelling
  • Love 1

Oh not the cut vet but the blonde chick that is the guest in the next episode...sorry, about that....just rechecked the IG and it is RaeLynn, not Raelee...still don't know who she is...I would post a link but my own IG is have some trouble updating right now and I can't get pics to load...

Just now, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh not the cut vet but the blonde chick that is the guest in the next episode...sorry, about that....just rechecked the IG and it is RaeLynn, not Raelee...still don't know who she is...I would post a link but my own IG is have some trouble updating right now and I can't get pics to load...

LOL gotcha!

11 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I do know that Kelly was on vacation when Holly, Jenny, & someone said Christine was out at the nightclub.  Supposedly Zeke was there along with 20 others.  The only place I saw this incident posted was on this board, and it seemed pretty reliable since there was supposedly an altercation with a DJ that was confirmed in the news later on.  Certainly it would be shocking that they would just go on rumors etc.  It's not like there was a photo in the newspapers of any incident.  Unless someone checks all media for gossip and then runs back to K&J to tell.  LIfe is full of tattletales! 

What happens in public, stays in public!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL gotcha!

Sorry about that, @ByTor! My quoted reply posted incorrectly.  My entire iPad is freaking out right now! It's on it's last leg, and I'm praying to every spiritual entity I've ever heard of that it lasts till Christmas! 

Regarding the photo, the spacing is off on the right side. Maddie needs to move an inch to her left and come up about an inch or two. Then Simone needs to move a shade to her right (closer to Stephanie) and then shift Amy L to her right also, moving her a shade closer to Simone.  That would put Simone directly between Cersten and Milan and then Amy L between-ish Milan and Maddie. Although I think Selina handled her "weight warning" talk very maturely, I think her place in the formation is the right decision.  I know she has a teaching career, wonder if she comes back next year.

Christina's name *was* mentioned as possibly being present but Shelly commented that Christina was with her (Shelly) on the night in question.  Although I don't think we are gonna see everything that went down, I'm comfortable believing that rumors of the incident probably got Kelli's attention, whether there was already grumbling in the ranks or social media clued them in, and she started her own investigation of sorts into it before confronting Holly (and possibly Jenna).  Kelli's name is now intrinsically linked to DCC - I'm not a Cowboys fan (although my great uncle did play for them a long time ago), I'm not a TX native, I don't live there now - but when I think of the Cowboys, I think of DCC and Kelli McGonagill Finglass. My husband, who IS a Cowboys fan, calls her the Pretty Dark-Haired Head Bitch (a compliment, I promise you).  To me, Kelli had to act on it to shut it down for not just the DCC rep, but hers also. I shudder to imagine being called into Charlottes office for a reprimand.  From what most of us have been able to glean, it seems Jenna and Holly were called on their bad behavior and given the option of A. punishment or B. quit. Maybe Jenna chose option A and Holly chose option B?  It makes me sad for her, I thought she was adorable and was definitely a fan, showboatin' and all!  Do I think this type of rule-breaking behavior has happened before? Of course! But when it is done so publicly in this age of social media...man, bad decisions. I don't even think it is entirely tattletales, it seems like this generation cannot keep themselves off social media. My stepson snap chatted his microwave burritos today. MICROWAVE BURR-IT-OS! Not even good ones! Maybe 12 years ago, if you were a favorite, a blind eye may have been turned, but not today. I guess I see it like @parrotfeathers, no one is indispensable and the rep of the squad is most important to TPTB (The Powers That Be).  I'll still watch regardless, this show is such a guilty pleasure. ☺️

Sorry my post is so long!

Edited by KnyghtRyder
I hate my iPad and I can't spell
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Sorry about that, @ByTor! My quoted reply posted incorrectly.  My entire iPad is freaking out right now! It's on it's last leg, and I'm praying to every spiritual entity I've ever heard of that it lasts till Christmas! 

Hey, we're iPad twins, nothing annoys me more than that damn thing!!! :)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I am the opposite because I could not stand the calendar shoot episodes or scenes because they try to pretend the shoot happened after the new squad was announced, and the girls were pretending to be all shocked and excited when Kelli made the swimsuit calendar shoot announcement. I also do not care for the showing of the new calendar to the girls because it seemed so phony aka the girls were told what to say and how to act. Vet practices were and are okay, but I do not care for the vets going out on performances or appearances because Judy would freak out about everything having to be perfect, and the Show Group appearances would bore me to tears also. Why not show us how the girls get ready for game day before heading to the stadium, show a couple of the girls going on appearances outside of game day, and show how the girls balance jobs, school, and relationship, but none of the phony vet meets up with a TC Candidate for a discussion on how to deal with TC stress or Melissa the Mentor intervention crap. In otherwords, do not just focus on certain girls for the drama and rating factors, but try to focus on all girls by trying to be fresh and think outside the box.

This!!! A day in the life would be so much better. I'd even be interested in an entirely different angle. Why not follow 2 - 3 girls way before the first round of tryouts and watch them practice, put together their solo, get a photo taken for the portfolio and see if they make it to training camp. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 1

All of this makes me wonder how Jenna threw Holly under the bus - did they both decide to quit and then Jenna said she'd take the punishment?  It's funny, I've never really noticed what Jenna did or didn't do before this, but once this season started, I paid more attention to her and she really doesn't "interact" like Kashara does.  She seems kind of too cool for school.

I was watching Season 5 and when they were showing the calendar shoot, Kelli explained that rookies don't go cause it's just too rushed and I'm thinking "you don't have rookies yet; you haven't even had tryouts yet!"

Which reminds me - do they have time to yank Erica and Holly out of the calendar?  I believe they took Kaitlin Legrand's picture out when she was released.

3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Which reminds me - do they have time to yank Erica and Holly out of the calendar?  I believe they took Kaitlin Legrand's picture out when she was released.

Wondering the same, I know that the swimsuit magazine is already out, but maybe that's why we haven't heard about the calendar because usually they have a big party for it and promote it on FB.

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Regarding the photo, the spacing is off on the right side. Maddie needs to move an inch to her left and come up about an inch or two. Then Simone needs to move a shade to her right (closer to Stephanie) and then shift Amy L to her right also, moving her a shade closer to Simone.  That would put Simone directly between Cersten and Milan and then Amy L between-ish Milan and Maddie. Although I think Selina handled her "weight warning" talk very maturely, I think her place in the formation is the right decision.  I know she has a teaching career, wonder if she comes back next year.

Christina's name *was* mentioned as possibly being present but Shelly commented that Christina was with her (Shelly) on the night in question.  Although I don't think we are gonna see everything that went down, I'm comfortable believing that rumors of the incident probably got Kelli's attention, whether there was already grumbling in the ranks or social media clued them in, and she started her own investigation of sorts into it before confronting Holly (and possibly Jenna).  Kelli's name is now intrinsically linked to DCC - I'm not a Cowboys fan (although my great uncle did play for them a long time ago), I'm not a TX native, I don't live there now - but when I think of the Cowboys, I think of DCC and Kelli McGonagill Finglass. My husband, who IS a Cowboys fan, calls her the Pretty Dark-Haired Head Bitch (a compliment, I promise you).  To me, Kelli had to act on it to shut it down for not just the DCC rep, but hers also. I shutter to imagine being called into Charlottes office for a reprimand.  From what most of us have been able to glean, it seems Jenna and Holly were called on their bad behavior and given the option of A. punishment or B. quit. Maybe Jenna chose option A and Holly chose option B?  It makes me sad for her, I thought she was adorable and was definitely a fan, showboatin' and all!  Do I think this type of rule-breaking behavior has happened before? Of course! But when it is done so publicly in this age of social media...man, bad decisions. I don't even think it is entirely tattletales, it seems like this generation cannot keep themselves off social media. My stepson snap chatted his microwave burritos today. MICROWAVE BURR-IT-OS! Not even good ones! Maybe 12 years ago, if you were a favorite, a blind eye may have been turned, but not today. I guess I see it like @parrotfeathers, no one is indispensable and the rep of the squad is most important to TPTB (The Powers That Be).  I'll still watch regardless, this show is such a guilty pleasure. ☺️

Sorry my post is so long!

Holly may have thought they wouldn't let her quit since she's been a big fav.

• Love 3

Hm, will want to see a bigger, clearer squad photo before I make a final judgment on it.  I'm at least glad Jinelle finally got up front. 

I hope that after this disaster of a summer (well, almost a year now really) girls quit trying to push their luck and Kelli continues to come down hard and not look the other way when it comes to DCC breaking their contracts.  I'm so tired of hearing 'but such and such rule is dumb'.  Then don't be a DCC.  Follow the rules or pick another dream.  Why is this so difficult?? Welcome to the real world. I can't imagine reading and signing off on a work contract then down the road breaking it and telling my boss, 'well, i decided that one is dumb and archaic.  ______ lets their employees do it so i should be allowed to do that too...' Part of me also thinks Kelli had a particularly hard time dealing with Holly because she is (was?) very close to Sam and did things with them as a family and i'm sure Kelli saw the sweeter more innocent side of Holly. 

I hope they address Erica's situation too.  It's obviously the worst kept secret in the state these days (i knew it would be lol) so it's not like Erica can accuse CMT/Kelli of telling everyone she got cut for breaking the rules and not her injury.  

As for Jenna, she's a disappointment but not a rat. 

On a positive note, i think this rookie class is so beautiful.  any of the pics i see of them hanging out 'off duty' i am just like WOW over how pretty they are in a fresh way.  Can't wait to see if any of them end up in Alexandria's wedding party! Also can't wait to see who is ROTY.  My guess right now is Lauren. 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Alexandria's wedding party! Also can't wait to see who is ROTY.  My guess right now is Lauren. 

Hm, Lauren's the one that's kind of the Weight Warning in the making isn't she? I could see Keyra getting it. 

Of course Gina's a huge front runner for it too. I'm sure they'll go ahead and give her veteran of the year too because she has loads of experience other girls don't have. They're just jealous of her. But 'great' too. /s

• Love 7
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jessika is a messika. Hello, WW.

Holly doesn't even have a post-DCC brand. She killed her claim to fame.

Quitting the team doesn't seem to have stopped her from being opportunistic & using their pics and "DCC Cheerleader" in either her website or IG though.  She apparently still finds the claim to fame useful, lol.

Someone asked why they didn't release her last year when they knew she was fraternizing. I'm going to guess because A)she had been friends with Sam, and Kelli may have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, and/or b) she never really had proof of what happened presented in a public forum AND have it involve the trashiest, nastiest, most legally-challenged player on the team.

In any event, as much as I admire what Kelli's done in 20+ yrs for the DCC, this whole situation smacks of hypocrisy. They DO pick and choose who they hold to the contract, who they discipline for violations, and who they release.  I'll be the first to admit, they're going to run the team however they see fit, but situations like this is probably why Holly, Jenna, & Erica thought they could get away with their behavior. They were told they were 'rockstars' and  were on showgroup after all.

- Holly knows Jenna's hooking up with Dak because J's doing everything but printing the wedding invitations & shouting it from the top of the Star...so Holly the 'famous' cheerleader hooks up with the 'infamous' player. 

- Jenna hooks up with Dak because well... Paige, Sydney, Brooke.... etc etc. 

- Erica thinks she can slip into street clothes and go have a brew in the stands, knowing full well what the rules were, but hey, she's Erica and she's an injured, bored vet - what Kelli doesn't know won't hurt her.

I'm *not* saying that excuses the 3 mouseketeers poor choices, but c'mon... they all had reason to believe they'd get away with it because there's almost zero consistency on who's held accountable.  Hell if there was consistency Yuko would've been told See Ya when she had to leave training camp to handle her Visa.

Anyways, I'll close this rant with this: while the rule breakers brought it on themselves, Kelli put them, herself, and the team in that situation by not applying rules consistently across the board.  I feel bad for her in a way; I think she expects that the girls will reciprocate the chances she gives them by keeping their noses clean, and all they do is laugh all the way to the bar.

• Love 18
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Hm, Lauren's the one that's kind of the Weight Warning in the making isn't she? I could see Keyra getting it. 

Of course Gina's a huge front runner for it too. I'm sure they'll go ahead and give her veteran of the year too because she has loads of experience other girls don't have. They're just jealous of her. But 'great' too. /s

Lauren has the 12 pack abs so I don't think so... are you maybe thinking of Rachel? 

Keyra I could also see.  And didn't Molly get the abbey bear already? hm. 

LOL yes - Gina, may be the first rookie to get VOTY! 

2 minutes ago, Java said:

Quitting the team doesn't seem to have stopped her from being opportunistic & using their pics and "DCC Cheerleader" in either her website or IG though.  She apparently still finds the claim to fame useful, lol.

Someone asked why they didn't release her last year when they knew she was fraternizing. I'm going to guess because A)she had been friends with Sam, and Kelli may have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, and/or b) she never really had proof of what happened presented in a public forum AND have it involve the trashiest, nastiest, most legally-challenged player on the team.

In any event, as much as I admire what Kelli's done in 20+ yrs for the DCC, this whole situation smacks of hypocrisy. They DO pick and choose who they hold to the contract, who they discipline for violations, and who they release.  I'll be the first to admit, they're going to run the team however they see fit, but situations like this is probably why Holly, Jenna, & Erica thought they could get away with their behavior. They were told they were 'rockstars' and  were on showgroup after all.

- Holly knows Jenna's hooking up with Dak because J's doing everything but printing the wedding invitations & shouting it from the top of the Star...so Holly the 'famous' cheerleader hooks up with the 'infamous' player. 

- Erica thinks she can slip into street clothes and go have a brew in the stands, knowing full well what the rules were, but hey, she's Erica and she's an injured, bored vet - what Kelli doesn't know won't hurt her.

I'm *not* saying that excuses the 3 mouseketeers poor choices, but c'mon... they all had reason to believe they'd get away with it because there's almost zero consistency on who's held accountable.  Hell if there was consistency Yuko would've been told See Ya when she had to leave training camp to handle her Visa.

Anyways, I'll close this rant with this: while the rule breakers brought it on themselves, Kelli put them, herself, and the team in that situation by not applying rules consistently across the board.  I feel bad for her in a way; I think she expects that the girls will reciprocate the chances she gives them by keeping their noses clean, and all they do is laugh all the way to the bar.

So much yes to all of this but esp the bolded.  It's a shame that the girls who are perhaps pets who follow rules and keep their nose cleans never really get any attention just because they aren't in the drama.  That's part of why i'm starting to switch my favorites over to the girls who aren't all over themselves on social media. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Lauren has the 12 pack abs so I don't think so... are you maybe thinking of Rachel? 

So much yes to all of this but esp the bolded.  It's a shame that the girls who are perhaps pets who follow rules and keep their nose cleans never really get any attention just because they aren't in the drama.  That's part of why i'm starting to switch my favorites over to the girls who aren't all over themselves on social media. 

That's only the umpteenth time I've gotten them mixed up. I think it's because Rachel looks like a friend of mine named Laura so I think she's Lauren, lol. 

8 minutes ago, Java said:

Did Sydney and Brooke 'browse' the roster as well? Do tell! (in the appropriate thread or DM)

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yep. I quit following Holly's IG because she's just gotten ridiculous with all this free time on her hands.  DO SOMETHING besides post selfies in your car, or last season pics in a uniform you chose to walk away from. There are other girls that actually get involved in something, whether it's their work, community service, family, and those posts are far more attractive than anything Holly has posted since the end of July.  Maddie is just one example - girl went down to Houston with her church to help rebuild. She doesn't cause any drama anyone has heard of,  is on SG, and gets stuck in the 3rd row for the squad pic.  Lacey is another one, as is Robin, Maggie and Kelli S. The ones that do their job and do it well seem to get overlooked.

Edited by Java
almost forgot Robin!!
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Xfinity's description for next Thursday's show (10-5) mentions 2 suspended vets. So I guess they say something, but not sure about how much. 

IMG_2424.PNG

Hopefully they actually show two vets being suspended since they took the time to put it in their description for the episode. I hope they don't pull a last minute bad editing job like they did with the Erica/KaShara group leader announcement.

• Love 1

It's funny because Holly is now a "favorite" but I remember when she tried out and came back it was a lot of Holly hate....immature not well likes by teammates (caught texting her mom about the other girls etc)

Now people will miss her so much....she put dance before education and groomed into DCC and she blew it. Bye.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, coffeemug230 said:

It's funny because Holly is now a "favorite" but I remember when she tried out and came back it was a lot of Holly hate....immature not well likes by teammates (caught texting her mom about the other girls etc)

Now people will miss her so much....she put dance before education and groomed into DCC and she blew it. Bye.

Pretty sure that was never confirmed though, was it? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I do know that Kelly was on vacation when Holly, Jenny, & someone said Christine was out at the nightclub.  Supposedly Zeke was there along with 20 others.  The only place I saw this incident posted was on this board, and it seemed pretty reliable since there was supposedly an altercation with a DJ that was confirmed in the news later on.  Certainly it would be shocking that they would just go on rumors etc.  It's not like there was a photo in the newspapers of any incident.  Sounds like someone in the organization checks all media for gossip and then runs back to K&J to tell.  LIfe is full of tattletales! 

If the DCC world/dance world is as small as some posters on this board make it out to be in the Dallas area, I would not be surprised in the least if someone saw them out at the club and made it their priority in life to tell someone in the organization about it. It's not hard to be a snitch when everyone and their brother is on social media. It could have been a viewer/fan of the show, or a disgruntled ex of one of the players, or a jealous girl who may have been shot down by one of the players, or just some random bitchy person with nothing better to do.... people are cray cray. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

If the DCC world/dance world is as small as some posters on this board make it out to be in the Dallas area, I would not be surprised in the least if someone saw them out at the club and made it their priority in life to tell someone in the organization about it. It's not hard to be a snitch when everyone and their brother is on social media. It could have been a viewer/fan of the show, or a disgruntled ex of one of the players, or a jealous girl who may have been shot down by one of the players, or just some random bitchy person with nothing better to do.... people are cray cray. 

True, or someone with Zeke could have been part of the Cowboys organization.

8 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

True, or someone with Zeke could have been part of the Cowboys organization.

Yep! Or maybe Holly was no fun in the bedroom or thought a little to highly of herself so Zeke ratted her out!

Ok, it's late, send me home ??

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I did notice way back when a comment was made about Erica and beer at the end was Meow.

It made me think Ms. Kitty was the rat. Cat rat.imho

Kitty owes her loyalty to her employer, not to a squad member breaking the rules.  Not saying she was the one who told Kelli, but if she were to see or hear anything that was disparaging to the organization, she is well within her rights to say something - just like the incident with Chelsea.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Her sister and her look alike despite different hair colors. I think she'd look great as a brunette. 

I think the lighter hair is aging her.  Pretty significantly too.   She looked better w/ the darker roots framing her face like she had at auditions.   She'd look good w/ a base of her natural color w/ some lighter highlights on the end...  They didn't do a good job w/ her makeover.

Also the bright lipstick and dark liner on her eyes are also making her look older.  She'd be better w/ less liner and a more natural pinkish/peach lip color.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Java said:

Kelli put them, herself, and the team in that situation by not applying rules consistently across the board.  I feel bad for her in a way; I think she expects that the girls will reciprocate the chances she gives them by keeping their noses clean, and all they do is laugh all the way to the bar.

This isn't new. Kelli has been Director for well over 20 years.  I guarantee you she's been dealing with this same bull the entire time. These aren't the first girls to have egos, break rules, and think they were clever enough to get away with it. I doubt anything wirh these girls surprises her anymore. She knows exactly how the people on this team operate. Young, attractive, privileged women in an elite position and receiving lots of admiration and attention have not changed so very much since Kelli was on the team. The difference is now it's easier to catch them.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6

I have been in trying to avoid in the board since this whole situation started because I know I'm in the minority because I think this no fraternization  is dumb , outdated and Arbitrary rule so I think it's should not be a big deal. I also watch the show with a couple of more casual fans who didn't know the rule existed so when i told them they thought it was super dumb so I am glad I am not totally alone on this. However, if it's in the contract i'm fine with the girls being fired but I don't think it's gives people a excuse to slut shame them and Trash them like this. I am honestly, glad they are having fun and acting their age unlike the majority of DCC who act like 40 year old Stepford housewives. I find that why more problematic & creepy than 20 years old partying.

Anyways, That's my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  

Edited by mmm
  • Love 14

Maybe I'm just a wet blanket and a rule follower, (and I totally am! To both! ?) but I don't put myself into positions that will get me gossiped about, tattled on, or put myself into a situation that's danergous for me.  I am the only one that's going to watch out for me; it's nobody's responsibility but my own. No one can throw me under the bus if I am not waiting to get on the freakin' bus.  Especially when riding the Social Media Bus!  Honk! Honk!  Look at me!

Under-aged drinking is not only against the law, but it's not being a good role model for all the young girls they teach in DCC Cheer camps.    Drinking on the job is against the rules of your contract.   Fraternization with Cowboys' football players is against the rules of your contract.  "What part of the contract are you not understanding?"

This contract is gone over extensively on night one.  We've all seen Kelli going over it.  Every season.  Jenna has signed it 6 times...Erica signed it 4 times, Holly signed it 3 times, at the beginning of each training camp, regardless if they made it or not.  You sign the contract BEFORE you enter training camp.

The DCC have these rules for the cheerleaders'protection.  Protection of the brand; protection of the girls.

Just because you you don't like the rules, or you think they are outdated or sexist, doesn't mean they are just guidelines and don't actually apply to you.  You signed the bloody contract!  

Thus ends my rant...to leave on a positive note...here's a cute puppy to snuggle with!

IMG_1783.JPG

• Love 19

I will miss Holly. My feelings towards the cheerleaders is mainly on dancing.  The vets' drama is what is holding my interest this season.  I really liked watching Holly's contributions to the team with her dancing.  Many people follow the rules of their employer, especially if they are wise, but of course we don't always agree with them.  If Holly was caught for fraternization, well, I don't judge too harshly about the act just towards her commitment to DCC.   I can actually see the temptation to wanting a relationship with a rich football player over the glory of being a DCC.  I chuck the drinking to immaturity.    

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Aggielife said:

Holly was warned last year about 'fraternizing' with players.  This wasn't her first strike. 

And what about Jenna? She got into trouble as well but only the two cut girls are vilified. 

I think that K&J and everyone else are taking their 'brand' too seriously. Everyone (or at least those who follow american football) knows who the dcc are. They recognize the uniform. But that's pretty much it. Fans wouldn't really care if their hot entertainment on the field was one day gone. People outside of dallas don't even recognize those girls. Nobody cares if they have sex or drink. Nobody is going to think less of them or the dcc as a whole because a rumour about them fraternizing with players is doing the rounds. Seriously, nobody cares. I totally understand that they are signing a contract and if it says that a girl will be cut for biting her nails, then if she bites her nails cut her, I don't care. But don't act like the whole world is going to be shocked to find out the cheerleaders are doing what normal people are doing.

Again, not saying that there shouldn't be consequences. Every employer has the right to set their rules as they see fit. But we are also acting like being a bad dcc is the end of the world, like this is a huge honor girls should kill for (which is the only reason girls are even trying out for this team), and like them making mistakes or stupid choices is taking away from their amazing performances on the field.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kitty owes her loyalty to her employer, not to a squad member breaking the rules.  Not saying she was the one who told Kelli, but if she were to see or hear anything that was disparaging to the organization, she is well within her rights to say something - just like the incident with Chelsea.

Oh I agree. I didnt say she was wrong. Everyone was wondering who may have told on Erika. My cat rat was suppose to be funny. I forgot my lol...not sure if that would have helped.

Back to hiding and just reading  :)

• Love 3

Someone mentioned again that Holly made a bad choice specifically because it was Zeke, and that is what kills me.

Paige slept with a player and got a quiet retirement, a full time job with the Cowboys and is plastered all over posters advertising Cowboys Fit.

Holly "should have known better" then to make such a bad choice. Give me a break -- they guy is a garbage human, sure. But you hired him!  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

Maybe I'm just a wet blanket and a rule follower, (and I totally am! To both! ?) but I don't put myself into positions that will get me gossiped about, tattled on, or put myself into a situation that's danergous for me.  I am the only one that's going to watch out for me; it's nobody's responsibility but my own. No one can throw me under the bus if I am not waiting to get on the freakin' bus.  Especially when riding the Social Media Bus!  Honk! Honk!  Look at me!

Under-aged drinking is not only against the law, but it's not being a good role model for all the young girls they teach in DCC Cheer camps.    Drinking on the job is against the rules of your contract.   Fraternization with Cowboys' football players is against the rules of your contract.  "What part of the contract are you not understanding?"

This contract is gone over extensively on night one.  We've all seen Kelli going over it.  Every season.  Jenna has signed it 6 times...Erica signed it 4 times, Holly signed it 3 times, at the beginning of each training camp, regardless if they made it or not.  You sign the contract BEFORE you enter training camp.

The DCC have these rules for the cheerleaders'protection.  Protection of the brand; protection of the girls.

Just because you you don't like the rules, or you think they are outdated or sexist, doesn't mean they are just guidelines and don't actually apply to you.  You signed the bloody contract!  

Thus ends my rant...to leave on a positive note...here's a cute puppy to snuggle with!

IMG_1783.JPG

Word! ? 

Also that guy is adorable.  A poo-mix of some sort? I would want to snuggle with him all day long. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They likely do. I'm sure they have other photos they can use and re-release if they wanted to.

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And what about Jenna? She got into trouble as well but only the two cut girls are vilified. 

I think that K&J and everyone else are taking their 'brand' too seriously. Everyone (or at least those who follow american football) knows who the dcc are. They recognize the uniform. But that's pretty much it. Fans wouldn't really care if their hot entertainment on the field was one day gone. People outside of dallas don't even recognize those girls. Nobody cares if they have sex or drink. Nobody is going to think less of them or the dcc as a whole because a rumour about them fraternizing with players is doing the rounds. Seriously, nobody cares. I totally understand that they are signing a contract and if it says that a girl will be cut for biting her nails, then if she bites her nails cut her, I don't care. But don't act like the whole world is going to be shocked to find out the cheerleaders are doing what normal people are doing.

Again, not saying that there shouldn't be consequences. Every employer has the right to set their rules as they see fit. But we are also acting like being a bad dcc is the end of the world, like this is a huge honor girls should kill for (which is the only reason girls are even trying out for this team), and like them making mistakes or stupid choices is taking away from their amazing performances on the field.

LOL. You're supposed to take your brand seriously. Granted, I agree that no one really cares outside of the organization, but if it's yours, you should hold it in high regard.

Also, I think the only people acting like it's the end of the world is the organization itself.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

Someone mentioned again that Holly made a bad choice specifically because it was Zeke, and that is what kills me.

Paige slept with a player and got a quiet retirement, a full time job with the Cowboys and is plastered all over posters advertising Cowboys Fit.

Holly "should have known better" then to make such a bad choice. Give me a break -- they guy is a garbage human, sure. But you hired him!  

Paige and Holly are two separate people with two separate incidencts and two separate guys. Paige was cut, at the end of the season when t all came out,  then the jobs that came after had nothing to do with Kelli or the DCC. Cowboys, cowboys Fitness and DCC aren't ? the same company and don't have the same rules. Same parent company owners, but that's about it.

Now as for Holly, we still haven't been shown if she was cut or quit. She's burned bridges with Kelli, but she may end up working for Cowboys Fit or whatever like Paige. Who knows, she may end up Zekes wife (doubt it).

Both girls broke their contracts, but Paige just chose husband material while Holly didn't. Paige left quietly while it looks like Holly burned a bridge. Both girls were wrong, but Paige had a better ending. So far. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

This isn't new. Kelli has been Director for well over 20 years.  I guarantee you she's been dealing with this same bull the entire time. These aren't the first girls to have egos, break rules, and think they were clever enough to get away with it. I doubt anything wirh these girls surprises her anymore. She knows exactly how the people on this team operate. Young, attractive, privileged women in an elite position and receiving lots of admiration and attention have not changed so very much since Kelli was on the team. The difference is now it's easier to catch them.

I agree. They've been dealing with this stuff since the 70s. Wasn't there a cheerleader who married a player once they were both done with the Cowboys?  

6 hours ago, mmm said:

I have been in trying to avoid in the board since this whole situation started because I know I'm in the minority because I think this no fraternization  is dumb , outdated and Arbitrary rule so I think it's should not be a big deal. I also watch the show with a couple of more casual fans who didn't know the rule existed so when i told them they thought it was super dumb so I am glad I am not totally alone on this. However, if it's in the contract i'm fine with the girls being fired but I don't think it's gives people a excuse to slut shame them and Trash them like this. I am honestly, glad they are having fun and acting their age unlike the majority of DCC who act like 40 year old Stepford housewives. I find that why more problematic & creepy than 20 years old partying.

I'm not seeing where any of them are being slut shamed. They made choices to hookup with guys they wanted to hookup with, and good for them for knowing what/who they want. Would anyone else who was a DCC have made the same choices? Maybe (probably) not.  In my personal opinion, the frustration comes from the fact that these girls worked their butts off to get on this team. They dreamed, they practiced, and they achieved something that a few hundred others would've given their left arm for. They get experiences being part of the organization that they wouldn't get if they were the normal, every day partying 20 yr olds. Then they make choices to break the rules and risk what they've worked, sacrificed, and starved for. I get partying and having fun - more power to them. But damn.... as my mother always told me, if you're grown enough to break the rules, don't get caught, and if you are caught, be grown enough to accept the consequences. To my original post upthread, the sad part is that the consequences seem to vary on which 20yr old you are.

5 hours ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

This^^   :clapping:

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

Paige did get cut in the end when she admitted the relationship, but, yes, I agree with you on Zeke. The fact that Zeke's butt still wears a Cowboys jersey is testament to the hypocrisy that flows through that organization. I've always thought they hold the DCC to far higher standards than they do the players, but the players are who makes Jerry all that money. Jerry Jones has never met a double standard that he couldn't use to his benefit. (or a young groupie either judging by some of the sleazy pics on this very board).

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Java said:

I'm not seeing where any of them are being slut shamed. They made choices to hookup with guys they wanted to hookup with, and good for them for knowing what/who they want. Would anyone else who was a DCC have made the same choices? Maybe (probably) not.  In my personal opinion, the frustration comes from the fact that these girls worked their butts off to get on this team. They dreamed, they practiced, and they achieved something that a few hundred others would've given their left arm for. They get experiences being part of the organization that they wouldn't get if they were the normal, every day partying 20 yr olds. Then they make choices to break the rules and risk what they've worked, sacrificed, and starved for. I get partying and having fun - more power to them. But damn.... as my mother always told me, if you're grown enough to break the rules, don't get caught, and if you are caught, be grown enough to accept the consequences. To my original post upthread, the sad part is that the consequences seem to vary on which 20yr old you are.

Paige did get cut in the end when she admitted the relationship, but, yes, I agree with you on Zeke. The fact that Zeke's butt still wears a Cowboys jersey is testament to the hypocrisy that flows through that organization. I've always thought they hold the DCC to far higher standards than they do the players, but the players are who makes Jerry all that money. Jerry Jones has never met a double standard that he couldn't use to his benefit. (or a young groupie either judging by some of the sleazy pics on this very board).

Yeah, what bothers me the most about the fraternization policy isn’t just the double standard, but it’s the fact that the burden is put on the party with less power. It’s like telling the secretaries that they can’t sleep with managers of the company, and then not putting the managers under the same conditions. Or like putting in a student policy handbook that students cannot fraternize with professors outside of academic settings, but allowing the professors to do that. It’s just a terrible policy. I get that the Cowboys are a different type of business, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As for the bold, I completely agree. Even as someone who does not live in Dallas and has no inside information whatsoever, it’s obvious that Kelli plays favorites and is selective in her punishments. She’s great at her job in many ways, but thats a sign of poor management. Let’s just hope that she (and the org) never gets hit with a real discrimination-type suit, bc a bunch of disparate punishments for similar offenses can really complicate a defense for an employer, even if its not related in any way to discrimination.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Thinking ahead to next season, I wonder how the Erica, Jenna, and Holly situation will be used in the first day meeting as a caution concerning what not to do!

Oh I bet that might even merit it's very own slide. 

2017-09-27_6-49-07.jpg

• Love 5
On 9/22/2017 at 6:36 PM, MssdDrms said:

Oh dear Lord...an $1800 duffle??  Do tell...

Holly is shown in the locker room with a sparkly new Louis Vuitton Keepall and they can cost, depending on size and with tax and tags, around $1,800.00.  TBH, when I first saw it I wondered if Zeke bought it for her!  I know a lot of the cheerleaders carry their LV handbags and such, but I've seen a lot of Neverfulls which is kind of entry level i.e., one of the least expensive models.  I am sure there are lots of consignment shops around Dallas where you could find something for a more manageable price.  That being said, Holly's appears to be brand new and I don't know how one could afford such an expensive brand new bag on a cheerleader/dance teacher salary...  That being said, there's way more competition in the hen house than seniority, looks and dance ability, but I'm not telling anyone anything we don't already know! :)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mmm said:

Totally agree.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think the only people acting like it's the end of the world is the organization itself.

This!  Well, the organization itself and those creepy guys who drool over her on Twitter.

2 hours ago, Java said:

This also!  Now that she's off the squad, let her line up the whole team & have them take a turn with her, I really don't care.  But you're not supposed to do it when you're on the team.  Is the rule hypocritical?  You bet, but it's a rule, nonetheless, a rule that most of them seem to follow, and one that hundreds of women who didn't make the squad would be willing to follow.  I think what bugs me most about Holly is that her giant ego never imagined a "star" such as her would be punished.

• Love 3