Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Whitney has never struck me as being the sharpest tool in the shed. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she seriously had no clue that what she did was incredibly offensive. 

I always assumed her thought process was "I'm dressing like a black rapper or Halloween so I'm going to make myself look like him," like she looked at "painting" her skin as nothing more than a part of her costume (much like a mask).  I don't think she remotely meant to offend so never considered the possibility that it would be seen as offensive.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh okay. I was curious because NPHC sororities/fraternities are different. No one really says "was" and there isn't an "alumni" status.

NPHC organizations are tremendous in their after college activities - always something I've greatly admired. I grew up next to an HBC and thought the ladies in their pink and green suits were so pretty! The conventions are phenomenal, and the amazing age ranges. Plenty of 80++ still active in the group.

Like Gina (sigh) I'm an Alpha Chi, and while very active in Dallas alumni group in my 20's, it dramatically dies off after graduation other than the one off rush rec letters. I would be shocked to see 10% after graduation participation. 

A darn shame too, because community service is one of the best parts of a Greek organization and that's something we can all do at any age. At least the DCC get an element of that in their after college sorority of sorts :) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I always assumed her thought process was "I'm dressing like a black rapper or Halloween so I'm going to make myself look like him," like she looked at "painting" her skin as nothing more than a part of her costume (much like a mask).  I don't think she remotely meant to offend so never considered the possibility that it would be seen as offensive.

Whitney said that she was a fan of the rapper

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

I'm not sure idiot is fair. I'm more inclined to think sheltered and unaware is more accurate/appropriate. 

At that time, no one was quite aware of the power of social media.  I think Whitney posted those photos thinking that they would be fun for her friends/family to look at, not realizing or even thinking that an outsider would see them and post them for everyone else to see - much less the mainstream media.  I mean, she is a DCC, but who cares what she does in her spare time, right?

It's like when Melissa K was tackled by Jason Witten - how many social media accounts cropped up under her name?  She was a cheerleader who got tackled - not the first time that's happened and I don't think she was expecting the fallout.

And personally, the example they gave during the seminar about her calling out Jason about how she "is tougher than she looks" - I thought that was funny, she was laughing it off.  But that turned into a major fiasco according to their social media rep.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And personally, the example they gave during the seminar about her calling out Jason about how she "is tougher than she looks" - I thought that was funny, she was laughing it off.  But that turned into a major fiasco according to their social media rep.

I found that whole thing completely ridiculous!  Like other teams would be basing their plays or strategies around believing a player is weaker than a cheerleader. ?I'm still not sure how that was a 'major fiasco'!

• Love 13
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh I'm pretty sure you're exactly right. 

• Love 2

The squad photo has been posted!!! It's on alexandria's Insta story. I screenshotted the photo but can't upload from my phone

Back Row (left to right): Gina, Keyra, Alexandria, Savannah, Tara, Rachel, Christina, Alexis

second Row (left to right): Lexie, Miranda, Kalyssa, Selena, Lauren

third Row (left to right): Yuko, Jessika, Khalyn, Cersten, Milan, Maddie

fourth Row (left to right): Tess, Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Stephanie, Simone, Amy L, Molly

frony Row (left to right): Heather, Jenna (laying down), Bess, Maggie, Lacey (center), Kashara, Robin, Jinelle (laying down), Tasha 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

The squad photo has been posted!!! It's on alexandria's Insta story. I screenshotted the photo but can't upload from my phone

Back Row (left to right): Gina, Keyra, Alexandria, Savannah, Tara, Rachel, Christina, Alexis

second Row (left to right): Lexie, Miranda, Kalyssa, Selena, Lauren

third Row (left to right): Yuko, Jessika, Khalyn, Cersten, Milan, Maddie

fourth Row (left to right): Tess, Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Stephanie, Simone, Amy L, Molly

frony Row (left to right): Heather, Jenna (laying down), Bess, Maggie, Lacey (center), Kashara, Robin, Jinelle (laying down), Tasha 

If this is her I can't find it.  Can you post a link to her profile?

https://www.instagram.com/alexandriastav/?hl=en

44 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Insta story not instragram!

33 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Go to her instagram and click on her profile photo -- a video will play and you can see the squad photo (it looks really good this year!).

Instagram never works for me if someone says "go here and look for this...".  Not sure why because I do have an account.

• Love 1

Am I allowed to nit pick? Lol

Kelsey has a hair out of place, the gap between Selina and Kalyssa makes my eye twitch, Heather's hand placement looks hella uncomfortable, Yuko and Milan need more height..that's all that I can count right now. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The story only worked for me if I went into the app and to her page directly - so weird that the story wouldn't load from the browser. 

B85BAD62-481E-48C0-9F75-BAADED800D4B.jpg

Why does this year's pic look so "forced"? Or is it just me....? And why is there a GIGANTIC HOLE right above Robin???

Edited by DCCFanInKy
thought of something else I wanted to say
  • Love 6
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Instagram never works for me if someone says "go here and look for this...".  Not sure why because I do have an account.

Insta Stories can only be accessed on mobile. Look up their profile and click their profile picture. 

• Love 2
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Insta Stories can only be accessed on mobile. Look up their profile and click their profile picture. 

Well that explains that....I refuse to put another app on this phone (it's already about to have kittens lol)

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Who is the girl on the back row to the right (on the end)? Has she been featured? 

Alexis, former DMD. I think the only comments she's had was to dial it up some a couple of weeks ago, hasn't had much face time since then.

7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

image.jpeg

there's something off with this photo...it looks super crowded and just awkward. usually it at least appears well laid out, but this just looks like zero thought went into it at all. there are weird gaps in rows, then some girs are too close together, it's just ugly.  no doubt in the episode K&J (predominantly K) will wax lyrical about how much thought goes into it and how stressful it is blah blah blah but if this is the end result it looks ore like they just had the girls arrange themselves.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

there's something off with this photo...it looks super crowded and just awkward. usually it at least appears well laid out, but this just looks like zero thought went into it at all. there are weird gaps in rows, then some girs are too close together, it's just ugly.  no doubt in the episode K&J (predominantly K) will wax lyrical about how much thought goes into it and how stressful it is blah blah blah but if this is the end result it looks ore like they just had the girls arrange themselves.

They just all look awkward.  All look cramped and the poor ladies in the front look like their knees are hurting.  

• Love 1

I was wondering what happened to their old photographer during cameos...the older guy with glasses...seemed like he was the official photographer since the birth of the DCCs. Replaced by a hipster. Maybe that explains why the team photo is "off" ?

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

"a beautiful bouquet of flowers" ....

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Katekate said:

I was wondering what happened to their old photographer during cameos...the older guy with glasses...seemed like he was the official photographer since the birth of the DCCs. Replaced by a hipster. Maybe that explains why the team photo is "off" ?

Retired? Sick and had to quit maybe?  Seems like it was one of those.  Isn't the new one his son or something?  This is the previous Photographer's website which if a relative took over the business and left his name on it explains the sloppy photo taking.  The website's awful....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Alexis, former DMD. I think the only comments she's had was to dial it up some a couple of weeks ago, hasn't had much face time since then.

Oh yeah, that’s right. She’s the one who was featured during the episode where a Kitty worked on power. I remember now. For some reason, she looks different in the picture to me.

6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

one of their best photographers died a few years ago. Wade Livingston?  Or did he just do swimsuit calendar for the DCC? He was incredible. 

Didn't Bobby B have some sort of medical issue where he stopped taking photos as well? At least his photos were pretty.

I wonder if the squad photo had been planned out and then................all the bleep hit the fan and it was a quick re-do?????  Also, with all the drama, maybe the girls are stressed or upset or uncertain.  Lacey lost her co-4 year vet, a 3rd year vet is cut and oh yeah gee, Jenna is still here.  We love and trust her...not.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if the squad photo had been planned out and then................all the bleep hit the fan and it was a quick re-do?????  Also, with all the drama, maybe the girls are stressed or upset or uncertain.  Lacey lost her co-4 year vet, a 3rd year vet is cut and oh yeah gee, Jenna is still here.  We love and trust her...not.

I doubt things were that emotional for some. They're all adults and I'm sure see it as job management more than anything. The photo was taken Aug 22, so if they were upset there was plenty of time to get over it. 

• Love 2

Ummm.. Kenyra... was the lights not shining on her or is it just a dark reflection of the instagram taking a photo, or how it posted to this site..also agree there are too many girls in the 2nd to bottom row.

all group leaders should be on the floor.. regardless of seniority.

I guess they couldn't put anyone b/w Khayln & Cersten

3 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I wonder if they told Gina not to smile...

and  Khayln

Edited by sATL

Agree with a lot of the opinions here; weird open spaces and then others are cramped together. My BFF Gina looks like she shares an arm with Keyra (is that Keyra...on my awesome Iphone 4 which is mixing some pixels) and oh yeah, I'm old. 

Lauren is tilted a weird direction but her smile looks nice;  Maddie looks like she thought they were on a break and was resting her face, gorgeous Chantel looks really plain to me,  Cersten looks pretty. 

Wish they'd let KelliQ have her hair short like Amy or rookie Christina. I saw a few photos of her on IN with the shorter hair and I think it looks so much better. 

Overall - not impressed. 

• Love 1

So I went to Alexandria's IG to check her story and I saw the pictures from her engagement 'celebration' and it seems that only Kalyssa is missing. This is the second or third time I'm seeing a group pic without her. Has any of you seen a picture of Kalyssa with the rest of the rookies on a day/night out?

9 hours ago, kalibean said:

The story only worked for me if I went into the app and to her page directly - so weird that the story wouldn't load from the browser. 

B85BAD62-481E-48C0-9F75-BAADED800D4B.jpg

Can someone name the rookies in the last 2 rows for me? There's some blondes and brunettes I'm not sure who is who. Is that Selina between Kalyssa and Lauren? Shouldn't she be in with the other 2nd yr vets?