Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Maybe Mallory at DMD might take her just because I think she seems to like taking in DCC refugees.

Outside of Dallas, unless she has connections, dance directors are probably more like "Holly who?"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

It's so odd to me that they would highlight the no fraternization policy -- I mean I am not surprised they would shame a woman, I am just super surprised they thought it would be a good look to shine any sort of light on the the shitty behavior of one of their players.

But I also honestly believe they likely don't see it that way -- from Jerry in down, it is always the woman's fault. How dare she distract one of our players.  And what if Holly made Zeke hit her, too? How dare she put Zeke in that position!

they are the worst.

Fraternization could mean anything.  I'm sure the show is going to spin it as "oh, the girls were just hanging out with the players but that's a violation of our contract so consequences must be had!"  I doubt it's to protect the players, but to protect the reputation of the DCC organization so the DCC can't be viewed as the players' personal playthings the way high school cheerleaders sometimes are.  Not saying it isn't sexist, because IMO the players should be held to the same standard the girls are, but they get away with a lot because they generate so much revenue.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

You haven't been around big groups of women much have you? The tattling doesn't surprise me at all. Women are vicious and competitive. It's why my circle gets smaller and smaller the older I get. I don't have time for bitches.

#truth

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

#truth

x2.  I was in the Navy and bootcamp sucked not just because it was bootcamp, but we were stuck with the same 45 girls for the duration. It probably didn't help that I went in July right after school got out so there were lots of youngins who thought they were still in high school and I was an old hag at 22. But, damn, girls are mean. And we weren't a group of talented, honored, competitive girls, but a group of sleep-deprived exhausted girls and there was still back-stabbing, gossiping and manipulation.  Good times. NOT! 

I wonder if Gina had a come to Jesus moment and realized she either needed to fake it to make it or K&J realized how screwed they were with losing all the vets and took her based on her talent. Kelli mentioned in Gina's office visit that they were looking for team mates and not just cheerleaders. I think that's an important part of TC as well; seeing how they all get along. DCC spend a lot of time together (SG especially) so I'm curious to see how Gina's attitude changes. 

*off-topic* Mr. Spooky is a pilot for a major airline known for their quirkiness and he has had several military friends with the letters of recommendations, hours, training and qualifications needed to fly for the majors, but if they don't pass the (unofficial) personality, get to know ya phase of the interview, they don't get hired. Aircrews are often together for 3-4 days (especially the pilots) so you don't want an a$$hole tagging along bringing everyone down. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Fraternization could mean anything.  I'm sure the show is going to spin it as "oh, the girls were just hanging out with the players but that's a violation of our contract so consequences must be had!"  I doubt it's to protect the players, but to protect the reputation of the DCC organization so the DCC can't be viewed as the players' personal playthings the way high school cheerleaders sometimes are.  Not saying it isn't sexist, because IMO the players should be held to the same standard the girls are, but they get away with a lot because they generate so much revenue.

Anyone know if other professional cheerleader teams have the same no frat' policy with the players  and/or anyone in the organization? would be nice if someone would post a .pdf copy of this contract - I wonder what other gems are in it.

Edited by sATL

I saw the new preview for next week's episode that other posters have talked about. It showed Kelly talking directly to Holly about her contract. I took a picture of the contract so you can see what it says about the fraternization policy. Above that there is a little blurb about alcohol consumption

Contract.jpg

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

The tattling is the most pathetic part of all of these stories. Someone saw so and so in a club, someone saw so and so with a beer.  Imagine how sad and pathetic you have to be to do that.

we know it happens, because we see how people on here with insider info are. It is just such a weird, petty scene. No one is suddenly making you a DCC just because you got one fired for tattling about a night at the bar.

I absolutely know that many organisations create atmospheres where its encouraged to rat on others to gain favour, but I would never trust the person that came to me, if I were the boss, with gossip or info selling out another colleague.  Would I use the information, maybe, but I'd always keep a weather eye open on the one that came to me.  It can be seen as loyalty to the 'brand' or the org rather than a person, but it can also be just a flat ou willingness to throw anyone and anything under the bus to get ahead. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, sATL said:

Anyone know if other professional cheerleader teams have the same no frat' policy with the players  and/or anyone in the organization? would be nice if someone would post a .pdf copy of this contract - I wonder what other gems are in it.

as far as I'm aware, it's pretty standard across many/most of the NFL teams.  But cheerleaders are used to psych out other teams - the Redskins cheerleaders (and many other teams) have purposefully gotten the girls to use the walls and areas around the visitors changing room to stretch and warm up to distract the opponents.  so y'all can't fraternize but we'll damn well use your sexuality to distract the opponents with the pretense you''ll fraternize  with them.  classy af

• Love 2

What does someone do to get their twitter account suspended? I just looked up @ginaligi (from the 2017 auditions thread) and the first picture that came up is from a family member with a caption "staycation with the fam" and #delmar (which is near San Diego for those not in the area).  I clicked on the highlighted @ginaligi and the page changed to a suspension notice.  

I'm not all that twitter savvy, but if you didn't want to use your account, can you just lock it down to no posts or just not use it? Is a "suspension" a Twitter-only option? 

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Looked at the picture again. The red hairstyle looks short to me so it could be Holly.

I wasn't talking about the hair. I was talking about what was written on that piece of paper, that was beneath the contract that we see Kelli flicking thro.

Edited by Dcc fan
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I saw the new preview for next week's episode that other posters have talked about. It showed Kelly talking directly to Holly about her contract. I took a picture of the contract so you can see what it says about the fraternization policy. Above that there is a little blurb about alcohol consumption

Contract.jpg

Did anyone else notice the typo in the way alcohol is spelled?

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Mind you look at the couple of seconds before that. On the piece of paper before that "hair" is shown, Kelli has a piece of paper on the table, underneath that contract shes flicking throw, shes written down what looks like "re lynas" and "holly" (or I think thats what was written, I watched it on my phone because I had to get a us itunes account and I cant watch it on my computer or ipad without having to mess up my itunes account - apple gave me the "rules" that IF I watch anything from the us store I can't watch/purchase anything from the uk store - I live in uk - for 90 days with that ") or someone who can see/read it better than me, correct me if I am wrong.

I saw that too and paused it. It looks like the first word is "Rae Lynn" (which is next weeks celeb guest according to the preview), the second word I couldn't make out, and the third word was definitely "Holly". 

Maybe Kelli's to-do list of some sort...

I agree that girls tend to get their claws out, but I definitely don't believe that it's in our nature or whatever people say. Look at Gina; she is talented and we should all be rooting for her. BUT her whole life she was pushed to be miss perfect, to focus on her craft instead of relationships and to be above everyone else no matter what. Of couse now she doesn't know how to be part of a 'sisterhood'. And as for the others, we are generally taught that we are in competition with each other so instead of teaching little girls to better themselves, we teach them that they always have to keep up with their 'competition'. Sorry, it's getting a bit off topic.

Re: Holly. I'm wondering how they're going to spin it to make her look bad, WITHOUT mentioning the underage drinking and the sexy times. If they keep it pg13 it will look stupid, like "we saw you speaking to a player at an event and now you are suspended". And even if Holly just quit on a fit of rage, it will look like she just lost it with no reason-or that she was mad for being suspended for virtually no reason. I'm just curious to see how they will handle it.

And again, no matter what Erica did do, if her cut would make them look good, they would show it-especially after showing both holly ans jenna get suspended.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Does anyone have the link to this new preview? I've been on CMT for the past hour trying to catch it but no luck. Or are we talking about the same one that was shown at the end of the episode? 

It keeps showing up at commercial breaks on CMT. Just have to wait for it, but noticed it shows up more on shows after 5pm...

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Spooky said:

What does someone do to get their twitter account suspended? I just looked up @ginaligi (from the 2017 auditions thread) and the first picture that came up is from a family member with a caption "staycation with the fam" and #delmar (which is near San Diego for those not in the area).  I clicked on the highlighted @ginaligi and the page changed to a suspension notice.  

I'm not all that twitter savvy, but if you didn't want to use your account, can you just lock it down to no posts or just not use it? Is a "suspension" a Twitter-only option? 

I couldn't find it  I did put gina ligi in the search box and clicked on the options for that name. There are 4 and none of them have any tweets yet. One is Danceprincess94 another is DancedivAforeve, 2 more with her name.

She does have a Facebook page, She doesn't have  a lot of DCCs as FB friends.

https://www.facebook.com/gina.ligi

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I couldn't find it  I did put gina ligi in the search box and clicked on the options for that name. There are 4 and none of them have any tweets yet. One is Danceprincess94 another is DancedivAforeve, 2 more with her name.

She does have a Facebook page, She doesn't have  a lot of DCCs as FB friends.

https://www.facebook.com/gina.ligi

She is also on Instagram. Tons of pics of her with her sorority,  Alpha Chi Omega

7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Wonder what K & J would do if the squad were to "take a knee" at the next game . . . 

It's probably in their contract that they can't..otherwise they're gone

Edited by sATL
On 9/23/2017 at 4:38 AM, dreamcatcher said:

So I wondered who it was who outed Erica. It could have been Jenna as an act of redemption, which would explain why they suddenly stopped being bestieees!!! And I would respect Jenna more if that was the case, rather than her ghosting Erica only because she was kicked off the team.

But also: we are saying that they lack leadership and senior vets, but it's their fault for keeping Jenna no matter what and kicking Erica out with one offense, plus driving girls like Melissa and Megan away.

Wait.  I thought Megan retired because she got a job as  a choreographer for her alma mater Arizona.  Melissa I remember was studying engineering and was due to graduate last year. I thought she retired because of work opportunities in her field of study.  

• Love 3

Well, I'm glad that the dam seems to have broken regarding information on Erica's exit. In a period of 3 days, we went from having zero information on the board to knowing the infraction (drinking while on the job), who posted the incriminating information (Erica), and to what social media medium it was posted (snapchat?). Nice!

If  K&J don't want both situations covered on the show, I'm assuming that there was no real choice but to feature the Holly/Jenna issue rather than the Erica one given that it involved 2 veterans and resulted in changed formations, etc. However, from a practical standpoint, drinking on the job is far more straightforward. Obviously rules are rules and a breach of a contract is a breach of a contract, but the fraternization issue opens up the sexism complaints given that its one-sided. I'm actually surprised that it appears that they will address it and not just focus on the underage alcohol issue. When it comes to Erica and alcohol and work, outside  of social functions, I would imagine that most people are not allowed to drink on the job, and if its not actually spelled out, it should be common sense. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, GWN 617 said:

Wait.  I thought Megan retired because she got a job as  a choreographer for her alma mater Arizona.  Melissa I remember was studying engineering and was due to graduate last year. I thought she retired because of work opportunities in her field of study.  

All true. Weight gain + other opportunities. Of course they're going to say other opportunities instead of too fat.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Well, I'm glad that the dam seems to have broken regarding information on Erica's exit. In a period of 3 days, we went from having zero information on the board to knowing the infraction (drinking while on the job), who posted the incriminating information (Erica), and to what social media medium it was posted (snapchat?). Nice!

If  K&J don't want both situations covered on the show, I'm assuming that there was no real choice but to feature the Holly/Jenna issue rather than the Erica one given that it involved 2 veterans and resulted in changed formations, etc. However, from a practical standpoint, drinking on the job is far more straightforward. Obviously rules are rules and a breach of a contract is a breach of a contract, but the fraternization issue opens up the sexism complaints given that its one-sided. I'm actually surprised that it appears that they will address it and not just focus on the underage alcohol issue. When it comes to Erica and alcohol and work, outside  of social functions, I would imagine that most people are not allowed to drink on the job, and if its not actually spelled out, it should be common sense. 

...even if it is spelled incorrectly 

• Love 5
On 9/23/2017 at 1:37 PM, Java said:

I'm not saying they don't. In Courtney's situation that was not the case.

There is no way to know what Courtney's situation was, EXCEPT that viewers were told that she needed some medical attention.

My comment about drug addiction was not in reference to Courtney specifically, but to the post that essentially said that bad/illegal behavior does not happen with prescription drugs.
To the contrary, the road to addiction for far too many people doesn't start with illegal "street" drugs; it starts with doctor/patient mismanagement of painkillers prescribed for a medical condition.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Erica has taken steps to keep it off the show. Holly hasn't. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

All true. Weight gain + other opportunities. Of course they're going to say other opportunities instead of too fat.

I also think for some of the women with more options -- either a decent education or higher end talent -- the shine comes off of DCC a bit faster. 

Sure, it's hard to keep weight (although to say fat is completely laughable). But at some point when you have actual options for a real career, you probably wonder why you are killing yourself over a low paying part time job with no future.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

To the contrary, the road to addiction for far too many people doesn't start with illegal "street" drugs; it starts with doctor/patient mismanagement of painkillers prescribed for a medical condition.

Hell yeah to this! 

Off topic and for a whole nother rant, but this annoys me beyond belief.  Because some organization deemed certain addictive drugs legal, there is a stigma associated with those who are addicted to drugs of the "illegal" variety.  Legal, illegal, I really don't care, I agree that addiction is an illness, and it doesn't make anybody a "bad" person.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

There is no way to know what Courtney's situation was, EXCEPT that viewers were told that she needed some medical attention.

My comment about drug addiction was not in reference to Courtney specifically, but to the post that essentially said that bad/illegal behavior does not happen with prescription drugs.

I think Java was trying to ensure that a rumor wasn't started out misinterpretation. She was addressing Courtney and only Courtney, and responses were stating that wasn't always the case and giving examples that could easily become innuendo. She never disagreed those situations do exist, just wanted to ensure her words were not taken out of context to the detriment of Courtney. If it were myself, I would feel horrible if something hurtful and untrue was spread because of something I posted, and I would do everything I could to ensure I wasn't taken out of context. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aggielife said:

That's one way to put it, lol. 

I hope they show the cut anyways. I would hope that after Amy Reese, that CMT & the Cowboys lawyers tightened up the contract to cover themselves in these situations.  She broke contract; I can't imagine any defense she could bring that CMT & the Cowboys couldn't shred.

• Love 3

I hope Holly is enjoying the attention she's getting right now, because once this season is over, she'll be quickly forgotten.  She'll just have to retire to her double-wide and get started on those Little Debbies . . . 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Aggielife said:

What steps has Erica taken? If she broke a contract and signed that disclaimer about being shown in a bad light, etc, not much she can do.

8 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I hope Holly is enjoying the attention she's getting right now, because once this season is over, she'll be quickly forgotten.  She'll just have to retire to her double-wide and get started on those Little Debbies . . . 

I just snortrd my water. 

• Love 2

Did anyone else catch that Tara posted a picture of the zoo and tagged Gina in it on Instagram. Pretty sure Gina commented and was posting either laughing faces and love you girl or something. 

It has since been deleted. I cannot with the immaturity of some of these girls. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheerio34 said:

Did anyone else catch that Tara posted a picture of the zoo and tagged Gina in it on Instagram. Pretty sure Gina commented and was posting either laughing faces and love you girl or something. 

How is that immature? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheerio34 said:

so they actually went to the zoo. well at least Gina told K&J the truth. wonder if Gina will report back with something personal about Tara .

On 9/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, SimplePleasures said:

I suspect Dak Prescott to be a one and done quarterback.  Last year he was super impressive; this year not so much.  I don't see the Cowboys this year being anywhere near the powerhoue they were last year.  Go Steelers!

Definitely not "one and done." Last season he was super impressive because no one had tape on him. He's still a great QB though.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:26 PM, Java said:

Outside of showing the Holly/Jenna nonsense, I really hope they show it when they talk to KaShara about point.  I'm hoping to see K&J discussing who to move to that slot, and see KaShara's reaction to it.  

Not for nothing, but seeing how Jenna carries herself after finding out she's been removed from point would be interesting as well.  She seems to have been very mature about it publicly.

I would really want to see this too!!

On 9/23/2017 at 2:18 AM, kerrieway said:

If there were no SM pictures of Erica drinking I would've preferred her to be suspended and given a warning that a repeat offense would not be tolerated. I'm sure my wishful thinking skirts the rules but it's disturbing to me that there are literally no senior vets. And IMO this is why all hell is breaking loose this season. I don't think any of this blatant behavior would have happened on Sydney or Jackie Bob's watch, the team is missing that mature voice that would have the rest of them think twice before making dumb decisions.

For there to be so many DCC vets it honestly puzzles me that I don't know most of them at all. The girls from past seasons just seemed so much more memorable and likeable, I really rooted for them. Now there's a void for some reason.. Is it because the current vets are al 2 years or is it the edit? In years past it really seemed like we really got to know them more. They used to show the girls having fun at the pool when like 10 DCC lived in the same apartment complex, they showed Brooke Sorenson and Sean Lowe with family wearing the pink t-shirt when she made the squad. The girls laughed and joked and had more "personality" then. 

There aren't. I don't think many of the upper vets are respected as much as former upper vets were. There doesn't seem to be much leadership.

On 9/23/2017 at 10:36 AM, PrincessLeia said:

I get the impression Megan, Melissa and Amy T were done... maintaining the weight became too hard.

I think if the Whitney situation occurred today, she'd be gone. Given everything that's in the news, there's just no way they could let that slide. 

Yeah, it was probably just too much. Plus, they probably were just okay being on the squad a few years. And you're right about Whitney, but I think it's because people are incredibly PC now and it would be difficult to believe that she was ignorant about it being "racist" today.

On 9/23/2017 at 4:18 PM, Dcc fan said:

What picture of Erica are we tallking about? I know I am missing something now!!! Sorry for stupid question guys (if Im not allowed to ask - publicly - to see this pic Erica posted can someone PM me the info? I feel left out on what this picture  that I haven't seen is!!! XD)

This is what I need to know..because I'm lost. 

On 9/23/2017 at 7:33 PM, FutureDCC said:

I find it odd that Holly posted a video on her YouTube channel of a plaza performance.  She posted the video 3 days ago, but it is clearly from last season since Danielle is point.  If she had such a public falling out with DCC which will become even more public through MTT, why would she still want to post dancing videos from DCC performances? 

Maybe she just likes dancing..or just likes that performance.

On 9/23/2017 at 8:46 PM, Dccfan126 said:

I went to an all girls school and was in a sorority in college. Really, most women aren't like that. I'm not surprised some jilted wannabe DCCs might be, but that is not the norm.  

Off topic, but are you still not in the sorority once you leave?

18 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Wonder what K & J would do if the squad were to "take a knee" at the next game . . . 

Oh this is "AMERICA'S TEAM"..I'm sure that clause was included in their contract because they will certainly not have ANY OF THAT.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2017 at 8:06 PM, KatebytheSea said:

Really? I bought the season through Google Play, and Kelli says "Group 4 leader - Erica," then the camera pans to KaShara. If your recording has Kelli saying KaShara as G4L, then CMT fixed the blunder. Since KaShara was originally G4 2nd lead, I knew they had to have filmed Kelli saying her name. I thought they were just stupid for not fixing that in editing. Looks like it got corrected in some venues and not others.

Just my two cents. I believe that Kelli did say "Kashara's" name when announcing the leaders...However, she said Kashara's name when she was announcing the 2nd leaders and CMT just used that to their advantage and made it seem like she announced her as the 1st GL of group 4. 

1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh this is "AMERICA'S TEAM"..I'm sure that clause was included in their contract because they will certainly not have ANY OF THAT.

The Cowboys play @ Arizona tonight (MNF)...8:30 EST on ESPN... so time will tell.. I'm sure all eyes, cameras, consciences and hearts will be with both teams.

Edited by sATL
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Yeah, it was probably just too much. Plus, they probably were just okay being on the squad a few years. And you're right about Whitney, but I think it's because people are incredibly PC now and it would be difficult to believe that she was ignorant about it being "racist" today.

Whitney has never struck me as being the sharpest tool in the shed. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she seriously had no clue that what she did was incredibly offensive. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

You are in the sorority for life...you just have alumni status. 

Oh okay. I was curious because NPHC sororities/fraternities are different. No one really says "was" and there isn't an "alumni" status.

27 minutes ago, sATL said:

The Cowboys play @ Arizona tonight (MNF)...8:30 EST on ESPN... so time will tell.. I'm sure all eyes, cameras, consciences and hearts will be with both teams.

Oh of course. Though the DCC won't be there, so there's that.

If she had such a public falling out with DCC which will become even more public through MTT, why would she still want to post dancing videos from DCC performances? 

Maybe she just likes dancing..or just likes that performance.

I assume she's promoting herself for her next career move. Her experience and skills are based on everything she has done.