Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

What I thought was interesting about the Gina situation in the last episode was she has a group of girls who she has been tight with on IG from the start of camp. They even did an IG story tonight claiming they were sideline sistas and they loved each other...Tara being the one who posted that. I imagine that is in response to the latest episode. Who really knows the true story, but it appears she does have some she is close with. Some people may not know how they are coming across. Maybe the conversation Kelli and Judy had with her helped her to understand. 

Except girls at my school, esp the popular girls, would be always calling each other sisters, and besties and friends for life and how the others were so awesome, and the second their backs were turned it was handbags at dawn, gossiping behind backs, bitching and clawing. I always take the DCC's 'friends for life' 'sisters' stuff with a cubic tonne of salt because most of the time it seems as superficial as the fluff and puff and gone as fast

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

I suspect Dak Prescott to be a one and done quarterback.  Last year he was super impressive; this year not so much.  I don't see the Cowboys this year being anywhere near the powerhoue they were last year.  Go Steelers!

Lol... "one and done". Okay ?

• Love 1

If all of this is true regarding Erica and Holly, it explains why the two of them comment on each other's Instagram, and why you don't see anyone else currently on the squad commenting.  Cause I was wondering why Lacey or Melissa W weren't commenting on Erica's if it was just an injury.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Except girls at my school, esp the popular girls, would be always calling each other sisters, and besties and friends for life and how the others were so awesome, and the second their backs were turned it was handbags at dawn, gossiping behind backs, bitching and clawing. I always take the DCC's 'friends for life' 'sisters' stuff with a cubic tonne of salt because most of the time it seems as superficial as the fluff and puff and gone as fast

Yep - wouldn't shock me at all if one of those besties were the ones who told Kitty about Ginas attitude and started the whole thing.    Gosh - I couldn't stand Gina ever since her arrogant backstory, now I kind of feel bad for her :/.

2 hours ago, GBPack22 said:

Why did Courtney quit? She was my all time fav!

Courtney was battling with two things. An eating disorder and addiction to adderall which was for ADHD but also used to stay thin.  Her family sent her to rehab in Cali for treatment. He pressure to stay thin was just too much for some. 

• Love 2

I'm really going to miss Holly, she's truly gifted. I don't get the comments about her having a superior attitude. On camera she reads as sincere and relatively humble despite the fact that she's in a league of her own as far as dance technique.

If there were no SM pictures of Erica drinking I would've preferred her to be suspended and given a warning that a repeat offense would not be tolerated. I'm sure my wishful thinking skirts the rules but it's disturbing to me that there are literally no senior vets. And IMO this is why all hell is breaking loose this season. I don't think any of this blatant behavior would have happened on Sydney or Jackie Bob's watch, the team is missing that mature voice that would have the rest of them think twice before making dumb decisions. Yes they signed a contract and yes they are women but young women in their early 20s who are more susceptible to making dumb mistakes, especially if there's no one there to be the angel on their shoulder. I was in a sorority and we always had juniors or seniors reminding us they would call us in to standards if we stepped out of line or did anything to embarrass our chapter. 

The best dancers on this season IMO were/are: Holly then Jenna and then a step down Jinelle, Cersten and Milan 

I'm not sure why Judy and Kelly keep saying that this is their most competitive year. Is it because there are so many girls trying out from other NFL/NBA teams? If so, it's strange to me that Kalyssa is the only NFL/NBA vet that wows me. 

For there to be so many DCC vets it honestly puzzles me that I don't know most of them at all. The girls from past seasons just seemed so much more memorable and likeable, I really rooted for them. Now there's a void for some reason.. Is it because the current vets are al 2 years or is it the edit? In years past it really seemed like we really got to know them more. They used to show the girls having fun at the pool when like 10 DCC lived in the same apartment complex, they showed Brooke Sorenson and Sean Lowe with family wearing the pink t-shirt when she made the squad. The girls laughed and joked and had more "personality" then. 

Edited by kerrieway
  • Love 8

So I wondered who it was who outed Erica. It could have been Jenna as an act of redemption, which would explain why they suddenly stopped being bestieees!!! And I would respect Jenna more if that was the case, rather than her ghosting Erica only because she was kicked off the team.

But also: we are saying that they lack leadership and senior vets, but it's their fault for keeping Jenna no matter what and kicking Erica out with one offense, plus driving girls like Melissa and Megan away.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

So I wondered who it was who outed Erica. It could have been Jenna as an act of redemption, which would explain why they suddenly stopped being bestieees!!! And I would respect Jenna more if that was the case, rather than her ghosting Erica only because she was kicked off the team.

I often wonder this about Jenna. Remember how incredibly tight she was with Kat? Then Kat doesn’t make it back and Erica becomes the new bestie. Now she doesn’t seem to hang with Erica anymore. It does feel like she ghosts people after they’re off the team. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

But also: we are saying that they lack leadership and senior vets, but it's their fault for keeping Jenna no matter what and kicking Erica out with one offense, plus driving girls like Melissa and Megan away.

Could be, but Jenna wasn't even at the HOF game though so someone would've had to have told her for her to then report it. The lack of besties thing could just that Jenna has a boyfriend now, which based on her instagram, coincides with all of this. She could just be one of those girls who spends every minute with the new bf and only has minimal time, if that, for friends when in a relationship. 

Also, I don't think we know enough about the team to know who has had infractions and who hasn't or who was a leader and who wasnt. I think I started posting back on TWOP in season 6, so I've been on the boards during Jenna's whole tenure. Up until last year when we heard the rumor that she had been dating/hooking up with a player, there had never anything (that I remember) said about her breaking rules. Now, reading some posts, you would think she's been a constant rule breaker since she got there. I'm not saying that it's not the case. It could be true, but if so, her infractions were not making it to the board.  Likewise, Erica could have had multiple offenses, and we've just never heard about it. Same with anyone else.

I'm not saying to expect the worst of anyone just that I don't think we get a full picture, and sometimes, I question even the "insider info" that we get. I appreciate hearing gossip for sure, but I have no idea who is saying it or any motive that anyone who posts here may have.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Could be, but Jenna wasn't even at the HOF game though so someone would've had to have told her for her to then report it. The lack of besties thing could just that Jenna has a boyfriend now, which based on her instagram, coincides with all of this. She could just be one of those girls who spends every minute with the new bf and only has minimal time, if that, for friends when in a relationship. 

Also, I don't think we know enough about the team to know who has had infractions and who hasn't or who was a leader and who wasnt. I think I started posting back on TWOP in season 6, so I've been on the boards during Jenna's whole tenure. Up until last year when we heard the rumor that she had been dating/hooking up with a player, there had never anything (that I remember) said about her breaking rules. Now, reading some posts, you would think she's been a constant rule breaker since she got there. I'm not saying that it's not the case. It could be true, but if so, her infractions were not making it to the board.  Likewise, Erica could have had multiple offenses, and we've just never heard about it. Same with anyone else.

I'm not saying to expect the worst of anyone just that I don't think we get a full picture, and sometimes, I question even the "insider info" that we get. I appreciate hearing gossip for sure, but I have no idea who is saying it or any motive that anyone who posts here may have.

That's true! However I used Jenna as an example because we did get the inside info last year, plus that weird talk about leadership in the beginning of this season, plus her suspension... it's clear she isn't their strongest leader-not that she is a bad person or a repeat offender, but they felt the need to talk to her about leadership even though she's been a leader before so there were issues last year with her for sure. That's why I think kicking Erica off so easily was a mistake. Whitney made a huge mistake that actually embarasses the organization and people were expecting Kelli to kick her off, but she stood by her. Aand then Whitney went on to become one of the best points they've ever had and a great leader. I don't think people would care just as much about "rumours" of a cheerleader drinking when they let go a cheerleader being openly racist.

• Love 1

Yeah, the treatment that Whitney got in comparison to some other stuff doesn't add up. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but her behavior was an embarrassment and got the team lots of bad press. Outside of the Zeke angle with Holly (he's already in the news a lot), I don't think most people would think that the stuff Holly/Erica/Jenna are said to have done is scandalous. I think lots of people assume that the players and cheerleaders date anyway. But yet, Whitney was put front and center (or may have already been there and stayed there- can't remember). She was definitely a fabulous dancer, so based on that alone, I had no problem with her at point, but if point is supposed to be someone who is an example to the team and has good judgment, she shouldn't have been there lol.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GBPack22 said:

I would love to know what the contract violations really are? Who slept with who??!  And can anyone remember back a few seasons when Courtney (with the wild curly hair) made it to camp and at the first team meeting Kelli was in tears about losing someone and they never touched on it again?! Why did Courtney quit? She was my all time fav!

Rumor mill had it Courtney C had gotten in with a bad crowd and had a little drug problem.  I liked her too.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, the treatment that Whitney got in comparison to some other stuff doesn't add up. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but her behavior was an embarrassment and got the team lots of bad press. Outside of the Zeke angle with Holly (he's already in the news a lot), I don't think most people would think that the stuff Holly/Erica/Jenna are said to have done is scandalous. I think lots of people assume that the players and cheerleaders date anyway. But yet, Whitney was put front and center (or may have already been there and stayed there- can't remember). She was definitely a fabulous dancer, so based on that alone, I had no problem with her at point, but if point is supposed to be someone who is an example to the team and has good judgment, she shouldn't have been there lol.

I think the racial stuff is just different for them. I have no idea why, but they put less inportantan e of being racially ignorant, and write it off as a learning experience.  Sorority girls all across the country can grasp the concept that stuff like black face and sombreros and mustaches aren't ok, but to be honest I am not sure that kind of awareness has trickled down to the types of circles the DCC runs in. So it gets a pass, because "they didn't know".

I am not even sure Whitney and others who have done similar are racist -- I do think they are idiots because at the bare minimum they do not understand social media and the impact of this stuff. But the DCC has decided that sort of insensitivity is ok with them.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I somewhat agree -- I just can not get on board with the part where the punish a woman for sleeping with a guy with bad Character that they employ.  

Three cheerleaders who slept with three players -- Paige, Jenna and Holly. Each were punished in a way that absolutely reflects who they slept with. Zeke is human garbage -- I agree. But it is pretty rich of them to fire her for making bad choices when they employ the asshole.

Hold up.. I've been away from this thread for a minute... all 3 of them (Paige, Jenna, Holly) slept with Zeke?

I also think it is unfair, and a little outdated, to only punish the woman - it takes 2 (or more) people to commit the act & everyone is an consenting adult. The no "fraternizing" clause should be in everyone's contract within the organization - not just the cheerleaders. Two people from the accounting dept can romance with fear of losing their job - but a cheerleader can't?

And how did K&J find out & get concrete undisputed proof  - someone post/send in pix or a video ? DNA left on something? ☺

Edited by sATL
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

The entire Whitney situation still bugs me. I want to say so much but not. Let's just say the point is the favorite. If it was about dancing, Holly would have been point last year, ha! I will be curious if Jenna gets the point back with good team behavior. I wonder how much groveling she is having to do. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

Hold up.. I've been away from this thread for a minute... all 3 of them (Paige, Jenna, Holly) slept with Zeke?

I also think it is unfair, and a little outdated, to only punish the woman - it takes 2 (or more) people to commit the act & everyone is an consenting adult. And how did K&J find out & get concrete undisputed proof  - someone post/send in pix or a video ? DNA left on something? ☺

No --- Paige slept with Jeff Heath. She got to quietly resign, a full time job at Cowboys Fit, and is a model in their advertising. Because Jeff Heath is a basic nobody, it all quietly goes away.

Jenna sleeps with Dak -- that warranted a hand slap and a time out. He's well known, but stays out of trouble.

Holly drank underage in a club with Zeke and he slept with her. He's human garbage, so obviously she must be punished for making bad choices.

Everyone will scream contract about the double standard and she should know better, but I think that is likely more indicative of an organization and fan base that is cool with the double standard. The place is a hot mess from the top down.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Erica outed Erica by posting her own pic.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

No --- Paige slept with Jeff Heath. She got to quietly resign, a full time job at Cowboys Fit, and is a model in their advertising. Because Jeff Heath is a basic nobody, it all quietly goes away.

Jenna sleeps with Dak -- that warranted a hand slap and a time out. He's well known, but stays out of trouble.

Holly drank underage in a club with Zeke and he slept with her. He's human garbage, so obviously she must be punished for making bad choices.

Everyone will scream contract about the double standard and she should know better, but I think that is likely more indicative of an organization and fan base that is cool with the double standard. The place is a hot mess from the top down.

I don't follow the DCC close enough to have known all this but I pretty much assumed hanky panky happens.  Anywho, the double standard happens everywhere and it just sucks. 

Ok guys I am behind I know and only done watching the catch up episodes tonight, havent caught up on reading about 30 pages of info (on here) yet, getting there slowly!!!

But question, has anyone noticed that episode 4 (where they name the group leaders) the episode shown on tv shows KaShara is named group leader but the itunes version shows Erica is named group leader? I had to watch both version a few times and noticed the televised version announces KaShara (subtitles shows Erica as some pointed out on here) but itunes shows (Judy saying) Erica and the subtitles (on itunes version) says KaShara. Is that just me or am I hearing and seeing things?

Edited by Dcc fan
18 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok guys I am behind I know and only done watching the catch up episodes tonight, havent caught up on reading about 30 pages of info (on here) yet, getting there slowly!!!

But question, has anyone noticed that episode 4 (where they name the group leaders) the episode shown on tv shows KaShara is named group leader but the itunes version shows Erica is named group leader? I had to watch both version a few times and noticed the televised version announces KaShara (subtitles shows Erica as some pointed out on here) but itunes shows (Judy saying) Erica and the subtitles (on itunes version) says KaShara. Is that just me or am I hearing and seeing things?

Keep reading the 30 pages of info...it's all there!

• Love 3

Here's something I keep thinking about.....with the unexpected suspension/expulsion of some of the most popular vets, I wonder if retired DCCs like Megan, Melissa, and Amy T wish that they would have stuck around for just 1 more year. They clearly would have been shoo-ins for group leaders and even point girl! I'm sure they all had valid personal reasons for retiring, but still! If it were me, I would be kicking myself for missing that opportunity!

3 minutes ago, UT2004gal said:

Here's something I keep thinking about.....with the unexpected suspension/expulsion of some of the most popular vets, I wonder if retired DCCs like Megan, Melissa, and Amy T wish that they would have stuck around for just 1 more year. They clearly would have been shoo-ins for group leaders and even point girl! I'm sure they all had valid personal reasons for retiring, but still! If it were me, I would be kicking myself for missing that opportunity!

Nah all three couldn't maintain weight.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, UT2004gal said:

I thought about that too - for Danielle. Not for point and I think she was a group leader but for her positive can do attitude. girl gave up everything 6 years ago...wondering what is she doing now?

Can the retirees come back as all-stars and still dance on occasion? did they name the 2017 all-star team ?

Edited by sATL

I get the impression Megan, Melissa and Amy T were done... maintaining the weight became too hard.

I think if the Whitney situation occurred today, she'd be gone. Given everything that's in the news, there's just no way they could let that slide. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, sATL said:

I thought about that too - for Danielle. Not for point and I think she was a group leader but for her positive can do attitude. girl gave up everything 6 years ago...wondering what is she doing now?

Can the retirees come back as all-stars and still dance on occasion? did they name the 2017 all-star team ?

Danielle is an All Star this year.  She has already been back in uniform, schmoozing not dancing.

• Love 1

Ok another question. The rookies twitter havent been given a DCC twitter have they (I looked) and only found rookier Lauren's twitter and no one elses (from the rookie squad). I know on DCC site says the squad info gets updated on 26 october when the final episode is shown (on 26 October) So am I to assume the rest of the rookies get their DCC twitter handle then?

I think I need to get some sleep, I thought I read that the rookies have their (DCC) twitter handles already. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

• Love 1

I, too, think that the Whitney situation would have ended in a cut if it happened today. I think I just brought this up on another thread,but the impact of  social media has changed epically since seasons 5-6.  Whitney went to a private party with no expectation of photos hitting the media in the way they did.  At that time, most of us were just learning that privacy settings were not really private. Social media etiquette is now in the DCC contract...I don't think it was back then. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, English Teacher said:

I, too, think that the Whitney situation would have ended in a cut if it happened today. I think I just brought this up on another thread,but the impact of  social media has changed epically since seasons 5-6.  Whitney went to a private party with no expectation of photos hitting the media in the way they did.  At that time, most of us were just learning that privacy settings were not really private. Social media etiquette is now in the DCC contract...I don't think it was back then. 

so that's how K&J found out about "sex-gate-with-players" someone posted on social media? that means someone had to be there when the act(s) happened... ewww

9 hours ago, kerrieway said:

I'm really going to miss Holly, she's truly gifted. I don't get the comments about her having a superior attitude. On camera she reads as sincere and relatively humble despite the fact that she's in a league of her own as far as dance technique.

If there were no SM pictures of Erica drinking I would've preferred her to be suspended and given a warning that a repeat offense would not be tolerated. I'm sure my wishful thinking skirts the rules but it's disturbing to me that there are literally no senior vets. And IMO this is why all hell is breaking loose this season. I don't think any of this blatant behavior would have happened on Sydney or Jackie Bob's watch, the team is missing that mature voice that would have the rest of them think twice before making dumb decisions. Yes they signed a contract and yes they are women but young women in their early 20s who are more susceptible to making dumb mistakes, especially if there's no one there to be the angel on their shoulder. I was in a sorority and we always had juniors or seniors reminding us they would call us in to standards if we stepped out of line or did anything to embarrass our chapter. 

The best dancers on this season IMO were/are: Holly then Jenna and then a step down Jinelle, Cersten and Milan 

I'm not sure why Judy and Kelly keep saying that this is their most competitive year. Is it because there are so many girls trying out from other NFL/NBA teams? If so, it's strange to me that Kalyssa is the only NFL/NBA vet that wows me. 

For there to be so many DCC vets it honestly puzzles me that I don't know most of them at all. The girls from past seasons just seemed so much more memorable and likeable, I really rooted for them. Now there's a void for some reason.. Is it because the current vets are al 2 years or is it the edit? In years past it really seemed like we really got to know them more. They used to show the girls having fun at the pool when like 10 DCC lived in the same apartment complex, they showed Brooke Sorenson and Sean Lowe with family wearing the pink t-shirt when she made the squad. The girls laughed and joked and had more "personality" then. 

but it's disturbing to me that there are literally no senior vets. And IMO this is why all hell is breaking loose this season. I don't think any of this blatant behavior would have happened on Sydney or Jackie Bob's watch, the team is missing that mature voice that would have the rest of them think twice before making dumb decisions.

THIS!  There have always been seasons with 18year old, straight out of college DCCs. ( Mia, Kinzie, etc) But we don't have those more respected,older vets.  When the older, more mature women on the team were from your rookie class...or the year/s after...it doesn't have the same impact I imagine.  Brittany Evens, Jackie Bob, Nicole B, Brittney Schram( who I think liked to have fun, but seemed to know where that line was drawn), Jen Kat, Jacie, ...Holly and Erica ARE among the senior vets now aside from Jinelle, Jenna, and Lacey (who is only 1 year their senior in DCC tenure).  

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I might buy this, except for the Kashara mustache/sombreo fuckery.  I think from the top down they either do not care about or do not understand this issue.

Because remember, Whitney did not get in to trouble when she posted the picture. She got in trouble when people challenged the Cowboys about it. And she actually didn't really get in trouble.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, English Teacher said:

Er wasn't the social media training started BECAUSE of Whitney's mistake? I vaguely remember Kelli saying they started it because of all the "gossip/backlash" the whole organisation was getting because of Whitney. I vaguely remember Kelli also saying, in that same seminar (if I remember correctly) that she was going to started training the girls up in the "geo tagging" because Sunni mentioned it in that seminar, in all future social media training.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Er wasn't the social media training started BECAUSE of Whitney's mistake? I vaguely remember Kelli saying they started it because of all the "gossip/backlash" the whole organisation was getting because of Whitney. I vaguely remember Kelli also saying, in that same seminar (if I remember correctly) that she was going to started training the girls up in the "geo tagging" because Sunni mentioned it in that seminar, in all future social media training.

Yes.  I'm sorry if I indicated anything to the contrary.  But I think just typical weekend party pictures also were becoming more of an issue too.  Social media has changed our world.   

• Love 1

Point is always a leader or a second, and would explain why Holly was never point. ( to my memory).

As far as dating players, just like any big time athlete, concentration is key. Dating someone would be a distraction, and why I think being with the players is one of the contract violations. However- all that said - underage drinking is against the law, and I am sure would be more dealt with than just frat with players...

1 hour ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok another question. The rookies twitter havent been given a DCC twitter have they (I looked) and only found rookier Lauren's twitter and no one elses (from the rookie squad). I know on DCC site says the squad info gets updated on 26 october when the final episode is shown (on 26 October) So am I to assume the rest of the rookies get their DCC twitter handle then?

I think I need to get some sleep, I thought I read that the rookies have their (DCC) twitter handles already. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

They typically get them around the finale. Not sure if it's a move to not spoil anything, but if so it's kind of stupid since anyone can find out with enough digging. 

1 hour ago, sATL said:

so that's how K&J found out about "sex-gate-with-players" someone posted on social media? that means someone had to be there when the act(s) happened... ewww

That's not what she's saying. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

Courtney was battling with two things. An eating disorder and addiction to adderall which was for ADHD but also used to stay thin.  Her family sent her to rehab in Cali for treatment. He pressure to stay thin was just too much for some. 

6 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Rumor mill had it Courtney C had gotten in with a bad crowd and had a little drug problem.  I liked her too.

See above.  She had an addiction to a prescription med. No drug problem or bad crowds.

11 hours ago, kerrieway said:

Sydney's watch?   Who do you think Jenna and the rest learned from, lol?  Another worst kept secret in Dallas. Sydney was notorious for breaking rules but she was SMART enough to do it and not get caught. K & J were never given indisputable evidence on Syd that they could act on. The new crew weren't that smart.

5 hours ago, sATL said:

I also think it is unfair, and a little outdated, to only punish the woman - it takes 2 (or more) people to commit the act & everyone is an consenting adult. The no "fraternizing" clause should be in everyone's contract within the organization - not just the cheerleaders. Two people from the accounting dept can romance with fear of losing their job - but a cheerleader can't?

And how did K&J find out & get concrete undisputed proof  - someone post/send in pix or a video ? DNA left on something? ☺

The only reason the women get punished (besides the fact Jerry Jones hasn't met a double standard he doesn't practice) is because the players put butts in those overpriced seats at ATT stadium. Cheerleaders are window dressing and only add a small percentage to the DC organization. Holly's hookup with Zeke, and  the 3 mouseketeers drinking, risks bad publicity. Because of the bad PR that they fight due to players off-field antics, they don't need more to deal with because of an easily replaceable cheerleader.

4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

THANK YOU for this. Erica has no one to blame but herself and her arrogance that she was immune to the rules. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

2 hours ago, sATL said:

K & J found out because the rule breakers had no consideration for anyone other than themselves. They didn't break the rules and even try to hide it; they did things in public, or in apts shared with *teammates, or shared the evidence with the damn internet.  They put their teammates in a position of 'lie and lose your job, or tell the truth and take the discipline'.

These girls seem to be so sweet and innocent to viewers outside of the Dallas area, and I won't deny for a second that they're extremely talented., but the truth about the attitudes and activities is widely-known in DFW.  

I'm glad that my mistakes weren't fodder for the internet, but I also didn't advertise them either lol.  It's sad because you'd almost rather NOT have the image ruined by learning the truth.

The truth though, is that they overestimated their worth to the organization and they learned a sad lesson in the end.

Edited by Java
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Prescription drug addiction is a drug addiction. No better or worse than a nonprescription addiction.

An addiction is an addiction, yes, but I disagree with the better or worse aspect.  IMO the implication was that she could've been getting illegal drugs from a bad crowd.  She wasn't doing anything illegal; if anything her doctor failed her by giving her legal meds without proper monitoring.  Courtney has come out on the otherside of that time of her life, and I'd hate for an old, inaccurate rumor to get new life.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Java said:

An addiction is an addiction, yes, but I disagree with the better or worse aspect.  IMO the implication was that she could've been getting illegal drugs from a bad crowd.  She wasn't doing anything illegal; if anything her doctor failed her by giving her legal meds without proper monitoring.  Courtney has come out on the otherside of that time of her life, and I'd hate for an old, inaccurate rumor to get new life.

Plenty of people use prescription drugs in an illegal and/or unwise way. They "doctor shop" for multiple simultaneous prescriptions, "borrow" from friends/families, lie about symptoms to keep getting renewals, buy prescription-type drugs from dealers. It's not just the standard "illegal drugs from a bad crowd" (meth, cocaine, heroin, etc.).

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Plenty of people use prescription drugs in an illegal and/or unwise way. They "doctor shop" for multiple simultaneous prescriptions, "borrow" from friends/families, lie about symptoms to keep getting renewals, buy prescription-type drugs from dealers. It's not just the standard "illegal drugs from a bad crowd" (meth, cocaine, heroin, etc.).

I'm not saying they don't. In Courtney's situation that was not the case.

5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Seriously... I've been biting my tongue every time someone on here defends Erica and accuses the DCC of being assholes for cutting someone because of an injury. No people. Injury had nothing to do with it. Your sweet little Erica isn't innocent in this!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Java said:

Sydney's watch?   Who do you think Jenna and the rest learned from, lol?  Another worst kept secret in Dallas. Sydney was notorious for breaking rules but she was SMART enough to do it and not get caught. K & J were never given indisputable evidence on Syd that they could act on. The new crew weren't that smart.

Lol I had no idea Sydney was notorious, thanks for the info. Point still stands, there's a vacancy of responsible 4 and 5 year senior vets. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Lol I had no idea Sydney was notorious, thanks for the info. Point still stands, there's a vacancy of responsible 4 and 5 year senior vets. 

I don't disagree. They're definitely lacking in upper year vets to act as role models.  So far though, it looks like the 2-3s are doing okay.  :crossing fingers:

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Paige married Jeff Heath. She didn't just sleep with somebody as a fling. 

• Love 4

Hold Up. Erica is of legal drinking age, past several years. How is her drinking alcohol a fireable offense? Because this was a NFL event? An event at which the players were also drinking? Unbelievable. 

People want a lot of drama to get angry at Holly. The truth is she is only 20 years old. She has to be responsible for her mistakes, but in any other world, she'd be in college doing far worse. If she's smart, she will finish up a degree, or at least move to LA or NYC. Word travels fast about dancers and their behavior, and unfortunately, women are held to a higher and unfair standard, i.e. DCC, compared to men. She doesn't need to throw shade. Defend yourself vigorously if needed, but be graceful about it. 

Also, Kelly and Judy wouldn't take away point from Kashara as long as she's on the team and in good standing, not this season and not next. If she's stepped up to leadership and performed to such high demands in a difficult period, they wouldn't "demote" her by putting anyone else at point. I do feel rather sad for Lacey for getting skipped over in all of this, though. 

• Love 3

We don't know how many strikes people get before they're out - weight probation we can see with our own eyes or an occasional sticker. But being called in for drinking, fraternizing, shitty behavior, etc.? Nope. If it happens during camp AND it's a CMT night AND they choose to show it, maybe. But I have a hard time believing standout girls like Erica or Holly get the boot the first time they break the rules. If Kashara and Whitney can make public "missteps" on social media and survive the squad, I imagine you've got to be pretty far down the shit list and a major ambassador risk to get kicked off the squad if your talent is there. 

Also, Zeke and Holly are 22 and 20, respectively. Zeke is getting a big wake up call on personal conduct when he's probably been given a pass since junior high thanks to his incredible talent. I went to college where football players were practically worshipped, and we weren't at the level of Ohio State.  I think that's why the NFL handed down such a big suspension, in hopes that he learns his lesson and straightens up. Holly might have been given chances too, and just bit the hand that fed her too many times. This is a girl that befriended Kelli and Charlotte's daughters her rookie year, and I've got to think there was a final straw in play. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Hold Up. Erica is of legal drinking age, past several years. How is her drinking alcohol a fireable offense? Because this was a NFL event? An event at which the players were also drinking? Unbelievable. 

People want a lot of drama to get angry at Holly. The truth is she is only 20 years old. She has to be responsible for her mistakes, but in any other world, she'd be in college doing far worse. If she's smart, she will finish up a degree, or at least move to LA or NYC. Word travels fast about dancers and their behavior, and unfortunately, women are held to a higher and unfair standard, i.e. DCC, compared to men. She doesn't need to throw shade. Defend yourself vigorously if needed, but be graceful about it. 

Also, Kelly and Judy wouldn't take away point from Kashara as long as she's on the team and in good standing, not this season and not next. If she's stepped up to leadership and performed to such high demands in a difficult period, they wouldn't "demote" her by putting anyone else at point. I do feel rather sad for Lacey for getting skipped over in all of this, though. 

Erica was on the job.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Plenty of people aren't allowed to drink on company time - I signed in my contract that I wouldn't except when officially sanctioned. And those occasions are very rare, and if we do have a drink we aren't permitted to go back to work after. And I work corporate retail, not exactly saving lives. 

I suspect it's not that she did drink, it's that she drank to excess. Or what she might have done while drinking. 

• Love 1