Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Erica was on the job.

I understand not drinking on the job. However, was this not the concert and party with J.T.? Is this not the same as a holiday party or company party? So even at these events, the cheerleaders are not allowed to have alcohol? What you are saying is that everyone else on the job at this event can drink, just not the cheerleaders...

Edited by dancer88

What picture of Erica are we tallking about? I know I am missing something now!!! Sorry for stupid question guys (if Im not allowed to ask - publicly - to see this pic Erica posted can someone PM me the info? I feel left out on what this picture  that I haven't seen is!!! XD)

Edited by Dcc fan
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

I understand not drinking on the job. However, was this not the concert and party with J.T.? Is this not the same as a holiday party or company party? So even at these events, the cheerleaders are not allowed to have alcohol? What you are saying is that everyone else on the job at this event can drink, just not the cheerleaders...

She was drinking at the stadium during the game! 

Edited by Aggielife
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

They typically get them around the finale. Not sure if it's a move to not spoil anything, but if so it's kind of stupid since anyone can find out with enough digging. 

Thats what I thought, I was trying to figure out whether rookie Lauren "made" that DCC twitter handle herself just so the Cowboys social media team cannot "lock" it when she leaves DCC or whether DCC made it "early" for her and her alone.

20 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Never said JT concert.

38 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Also, Kelly and Judy wouldn't take away point from Kashara as long as she's on the team and in good standing, not this season and not next. If she's stepped up to leadership and performed to such high demands in a difficult period, they wouldn't "demote" her by putting anyone else at point. I do feel rather sad for Lacey for getting skipped over in all of this, though. 

I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I never thought Lacey was right for point based on her dance style (not technical ability), but that's a different discussion.. Having said that, however, she's also never struck me as having leadership potential where the entire team is concerned. It seems me like we've seen very little of Lacey on the show in terms of getting to know her; i.e. no backstories (that I remember) or one-on-one TH interviews (other than when she kicked her nose during her rookie year audition). The show also doesn't seem to zoom in and highlight her dancing as much as I'd expect; heck even Jinelle has gotten more air time. But maybe Im just not remembering because Lacey hasn't been as memorable as others others.

Also, although  she is a group leader this year, I wasn't impressed with how she presented herself when she and Robin were called in by Kelli to discuss Gina's behavior. Very low energy, almost disinterested.. whereas Robin seemed attentive and a much better communicator. It made Lacey come off to me as not as mature as I'd expected. Lacey has flown under the radar on the show - maybe by her own request - but for me as a viewer that has meant I'd never have even thought of her for either point or a team-wide leadership role.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Java said:

An addiction is an addiction, yes, but I disagree with the better or worse aspect.  IMO the implication was that she could've been getting illegal drugs from a bad crowd.  She wasn't doing anything illegal; if anything her doctor failed her by giving her legal meds without proper monitoring.  Courtney has come out on the otherside of that time of her life, and I'd hate for an old, inaccurate rumor to get new life.

I'm glad the rumor mill was wrong about Courtney and I'm happy she's come thru it OK.  She seemed so sweet. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Java said:

An addiction is an addiction, yes, but I disagree with the better or worse aspect.  IMO the implication was that she could've been getting illegal drugs from a bad crowd.  She wasn't doing anything illegal; if anything her doctor failed her by giving her legal meds without proper monitoring.  Courtney has come out on the otherside of that time of her life, and I'd hate for an old, inaccurate rumor to get new life.

Not a far stretch with Tobie and Tia.

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Paige married Jeff Heath. She didn't just sleep with somebody as a fling. 

I'm sorry does the DCC contract indicate it is okay to sleep with players if you know you are going to marry them? Likely, no.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I'm sorry does the DCC contract indicate it is okay to sleep with players if you know you are going to marry them? Likely, no.

Paige WAS cut from the team when she told K&J, granted it was at the end of the season so didn't mean much and she told them knowing what would happen (she wasn't going to stop seeing him obviously).   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Aggielife said:

She was drinking at the stadium during the game! 

So you're saying that Erica left the field and went to get a beer during at the same game she was dressed up as a cheerleader? Where is the photo?

• Love 3
Just now, dancer88 said:

So you're saying that Erica left the field and went to get a beer during at the same game she was dressed up as a cheerleader? Where is the photo?

Who said Erica was performing during that game?

It was a Snapchat.

3 hours ago, dancer88 said:

Hold Up. Erica is of legal drinking age, past several years. How is her drinking alcohol a fireable offense? Because this was a NFL event? An event at which the players were also drinking? Unbelievable. 

That's not what happened 

10 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

Who said Erica was performing during that game?

It was a Snapchat.

I'm confused. I never said performing, either. You're implying she was drinking during a game as an on-the-clock cheerleader. If she was drinking as an employee, then that means she was acting as a cheerleader, dressed as one correct? Why else would she be in trouble for drinking at a game? If she traveled with the team, but was not on the field with the team, why would it be scandalous to have a drink? Was she or was she not in uniform drinking and/or acting as an official cheerleader? When laying accusations against someone, be as specific as possible, otherwise it's gossip. 

Essentially, the DCC make sure these are "dancers" in name only and puritan housewives in contract, correct?

Edited by dancer88
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, UT2004gal said:

Here's something I keep thinking about.....with the unexpected suspension/expulsion of some of the most popular vets, I wonder if retired DCCs like Megan, Melissa, and Amy T wish that they would have stuck around for just 1 more year. They clearly would have been shoo-ins for group leaders and even point girl! I'm sure they all had valid personal reasons for retiring, but still! If it were me, I would be kicking myself for missing that opportunity!

I think they all knew they were going to be GL/seconds this year, but they struggled with weight way too much to stay.

2 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Wait -- so Erica was not performing during a meaningless game anyway, and had a drink as a spectator?  Lol for days with these people.

Oh yes! She is definitely not innocent! I mean who dares drink a beer on a game? What kind of savage does that?

Aaand since it was on snapchat and I'm assuming Kelli doesn't spend her days monitoring their snapchat stories, somebody had to tell on Erica. And again, VERY stupid. Erica wasn't performing, none of the other people were aware she is a dcc (because who the hell cares), and she only posted a snap which a few people will see and will be gone in a day? Yeah, SUCH a big deal. Certainly bigger than sleeping with a player and then do whatever the hell Jenna did again.

• Love 2

I'm glad they have these rules otherwise DCC could be viewed as a group of loose, homewrecking Ho's and they are absolutely not.  They're all young and the hormones are a raging so things happen from time to time.?

I heard she deliberately did the opposite of what they told her to do during the game while she was on injured reserve, then posted a snap chat of herself drinking in the stands during a game. 

So drinking on the job, and disobeying her boss, essentially. People have been fired for much less. I mean, those are the rules. If you don't like them, quit. No one forces anyone to be a DCC. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think they all knew they were going to be GL/seconds this year, but they struggled with weight way too much to stay.

Oh yes! She is definitely not innocent! I mean who dares drink a beer on a game? What kind of savage does that?

Aaand since it was on snapchat and I'm assuming Kelli doesn't spend her days monitoring their snapchat stories, somebody had to tell on Erica. And again, VERY stupid. Erica wasn't performing, none of the other people were aware she is a dcc (because who the hell cares), and she only posted a snap which a few people will see and will be gone in a day? Yeah, SUCH a big deal. Certainly bigger than sleeping with a player and then do whatever the hell Jenna did again.

The tattling is the most pathetic part of all of these stories. Someone saw so and so in a club, someone saw so and so with a beer.  Imagine how sad and pathetic you have to be to do that.

we know it happens, because we see how people on here with insider info are. It is just such a weird, petty scene. No one is suddenly making you a DCC just because you got one fired for tattling about a night at the bar.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 4

Just saw the promo for this week. In the promo, they had Holly in the office, with the contract, about frat' with the players.

Question posted " so- what do we do ? Do we cut you ? "

Edited by maineborzoi
spelling
3 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

The tattling is the most pathetic part of all of these stories. Someone saw so and so in a club, someone saw so and so with a beer.  Imagine how sad and pathetic you have to be to do that.

You haven't been around big groups of women much have you? The tattling doesn't surprise me at all. Women are vicious and competitive. It's why my circle gets smaller and smaller the older I get. I don't have time for bitches.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I get the impression Megan, Melissa and Amy T were done... maintaining the weight became too hard.

I think if the Whitney situation occurred today, she'd be gone. Given everything that's in the news, there's just no way they could let that slide. 

but racial insensitivity has occurred today and none of those group members are gone

• Love 3

I find it odd that Holly posted a video on her YouTube channel of a plaza performance.  She posted the video 3 days ago, but it is clearly from last season since Danielle is point.  If she had such a public falling out with DCC which will become even more public through MTT, why would she still want to post dancing videos from DCC performances? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, FutureDCC said:

I find it odd that Holly posted a video on her YouTube channel of a plaza performance.  She posted the video 3 days ago, but it is clearly from last season since Danielle is point.  If she had such a public falling out with DCC which will become even more public through MTT, why would she still want to post dancing videos from DCC performances? 

maybe trying to get symphony votes from NBA teams - it should be their training camp/tryout season

Edited by sATL
16 minutes ago, dccfan13 said:

but racial insensitivity has occurred today and none of those group members are gone

If you're referring to what I think you are, we'll have to agree to disagree. Not racist, not even close and not ignorant like Whitney wearing black face. 

Im not discussing this further and mods have banned all discussion of this topic.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

Just saw the promo for this week. In the promo, they had Holly in the office, with the contract, about frat' with the players.

Question posted " so- what do we do ? Do we cute you ? "

Where's the promo posted? 

30 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

You haven't been around big groups of women much have you? The tattling doesn't surprise me at all. Women are vicious and competitive. It's why my circle gets smaller and smaller the older I get. I don't have time for bitches.

You and I would get on great!

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I heard she deliberately did the opposite of what they told her to do during the game while she was on injured reserve, then posted a snap chat of herself drinking in the stands during a game. 

So drinking on the job, and disobeying her boss, essentially. People have been fired for much less. I mean, those are the rules. If you don't like them, quit. No one forces anyone to be a DCC. 

Well, that is far more specific, and if true, would be cause for issues in regards to her employment with the DCC. However sexist and puritanical, if she was given a direct order... 

I just hope that when putting any rumors or gossip out, as interesting as it may be, it should be followed up with fact. These can/may have serious implications for those being spoken about. Some, obviously, have turned out to be true, if we are going on the preview for the upcoming week. However, Shelly did post something a while back that none of our "info" was the truth. 

I think most of the astonishment for some fans is the fact that there is such a huge disconnect between what is acceptable behavior for the team of players, and what is acceptable for the dancers. Obviously, the football players are the major "bread winners" of the Dallas Cowboys organization. However, the DCC certainly are critical to the 4 billion valuation of the team, otherwise they wouldn't exist. I think it's a hard pill to swallow to see such an extreme form of misogyny in our current society. 

Edited by dancer88
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Agree.  tattling  and witnessing who slept with whom , among consenting adults (and I guess gathering proof), is sick & nasty.  Eww..

Reminds me of that scene in Forrest Gump - when Jenny takes in Forrest from the rain to her college dorm room and her roommate is in the next bed. "I bet that never happened in home Ec".

Edited by sATL
8 minutes ago, sATL said:

Agree.  tattling  and witnessing who slept with whom , among consenting adults (and I guess gathering proof), is sick & nasty.  Eww..

Reminds me of that scene in Forrest Gump - when Jenny takes in Forrest from the rain to her college dorm room and her roommate is in the next bed. "I bet that never happened in home Ec".

No one ever said someone witnessed the act...?

1 minute ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am grateful that the episode is going to air soon so we can lay some of the speculation to rest.  

I would be very surprised if they address Erica's cut at all, given how she's been virtually cut out of the season thus far it would be weird for them to suddenly acknowledge her presence.

I also doubt very much they are going to delve into the supposed relationship between Holly and Zeke.  It's probably just going to be a vague discussion about "fraternization".

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Where's the promo posted? 

It showed up as a commercial on CMT during a movie. Just saw it again a little bit ago as well. ( ie - wait for a commerical on CMT, and it airs in that group of commercials. ) Kelly also states in that promo that it was " several vets"....

Edited by maineborzoi
Just now, ClosetBachJunkie said:

I would be very surprised if they address Erica's cut at all, given how she's been virtually cut out of the season thus far it would be weird for them to suddenly acknowledge her presence.

I also doubt very much they are going to delve into the supposed relationship between Holly and Zeke.  It's probably just going to be a vague discussion about "fraternization".

That's why I said "some". I doubt they will address Erica. But, we board denizens have been trying to piece together the truth of what happened for weeks. . Every facet has been picked to pieces and analyzed.  Regardless of how much sanitizer DCC applies, it will still be the first time we get anything verified outside of Holly being gone.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan13 said:

What happened today?

If Erica or anyone else is caught drinking while on the job - in uniform or not, doesn't matter  what you're wearing if you're on the clock - and gets fired, they get what they deserve. Doesn't matter who else does it or in what capacity. The person caught is the one in question.  Most jobs forbid alcohol etc while working, and a whole lot can drug test for thing put into your system while you weren't on the clock ie you smoked pot two days ago on Friday night in your own home, but Monday morning your work text shows positive. 

• Love 6
On 9/22/2017 at 4:28 AM, ErinG said:

6D43AAAC-8507-4564-A5E2-D9F60CA89315.jpeg

Mind you look at the couple of seconds before that. On the piece of paper before that "hair" is shown, Kelli has a piece of paper on the table, underneath that contract shes flicking throw, shes written down what looks like "re lynas" and "holly" (or I think thats what was written, I watched it on my phone because I had to get a us itunes account and I cant watch it on my computer or ipad without having to mess up my itunes account - apple gave me the "rules" that IF I watch anything from the us store I can't watch/purchase anything from the uk store - I live in uk - for 90 days with that ") or someone who can see/read it better than me, correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I went to an all girls school and was in a sorority in college. Really, most women aren't like that. I'm not surprised some jilted wannabe DCCs might be, but that is not the norm.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I went to an all girls school and was in a sorority in college. Really, most women aren't like that. I'm not surprised some jilted wannabe DCCs might be, but that is not the norm.  

I don't have any idea what jilted wannabe DCC has anything to do with it, but consider yourself lucky. Private school moms are nuts.

Edited by PrincessLeia
30 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

The world is just a mixed bag. Here in my middle class Phoenix suburb, that is exactly the norm. And the generation in school with my kids will also carry on that tradition. I can honestly say I am glad that's not your experience, because it gets depressing thinking our society has become so shallow.  It's become increasingly common for people to become addicted to drama, and when there is none they create it.  There are sadly, plenty of girls who would indulge in shabby behavior as you describe. And for no better reason than because they can. 

34 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don't have any idea what jilted wannabe DCC has anything to do with it, but consider yourself lucky. Private school moms are nuts.

The parents at my kid's public school are no picnic either. Rules are for other people, for this lot.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Mind you look at the couple of seconds before that. On the piece of paper before that "hair" is shown, Kelli has a piece of paper on the table, underneath that contract shes flicking throw, shes written down what looks like "re lynas" and "holly" (or I think thats what was written, I watched it on my phone because I had to get a us itunes account and I cant watch it on my computer or ipad without having to mess up my itunes account - apple gave me the "rules" that IF I watch anything from the us store I can't watch/purchase anything from the uk store - I live in uk - for 90 days with that ") or someone who can see/read it better than me, correct me if I am wrong.

Looked at the picture again. The red hairstyle looks short to me so it could be Holly.

33 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Looked at the picture again. The red hairstyle looks short to me so it could be Holly.

Y'all. It's Holly. They showed the full preview on CMT yesterday. Kelli is talking to Holly, and specifically mentions the non fraternization policy. 

IT IS HOLLY!

Edited by PrincessLeia
Freaking autocorrect sucks
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Y'all. It's Holly. They showed the full o preview on CMT yesterday. Kelli USC talking to Holly, and specifically mentions the non fraternization policy. 

IT IS HOLLY!

Can't wait until next week.

Didn't Kelli say in the previews from Thursday's show that she has to talk to SOME vets? Maybe someone else gets called in.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Hey have you guys seen the deleted scenes on CMT? 

I really like this one. I know some people were giving Mia shit for sounding like a mean girl with a Valley girl vocal fry during the Alumni segment but this clip shows that she was probably just edited a certain way. I personally think she wasn't rude - just v honest with her opinion. Here you can see how she relates to Brianna as she was also just 18 when she made the squad. She comes across as caring but she also doesn't baby Brianna in the way that K&J did because she's like 'look, I've been there. It's tough but it gets better. Stick with it.' (Also her voice sounds normal haha) 

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/98onr3/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-ep-1204-deleted-scene-mia-and-brianna-talk

Also there's a clip that shows the panel reacting to Allie and Raylee's solos. Allie's waist looks "thick" and Raylee is boring. (really wished they had showed us little Heather, though!)

http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/iasjur/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-ep-1203-extended-scene-bad-dancing

Edited by autumdusk
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Y'all. It's Holly. They showed the full preview on CMT yesterday. Kelli is talking to Holly, and specifically mentions the non fraternization policy. 

IT IS HOLLY!

It's so odd to me that they would highlight the no fraternization policy -- I mean I am not surprised they would shame a woman, I am just super surprised they thought it would be a good look to shine any sort of light on the the shitty behavior of one of their players.

But I also honestly believe they likely don't see it that way -- from Jerry in down, it is always the woman's fault. How dare she distract one of our players.  And what if Holly made Zeke hit her, too? How dare she put Zeke in that position!

they are the worst.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sATL said:

maybe trying to get symphony votes from NBA teams - it should be their training camp/tryout season

NBA auditions are already done; most teams were finalized in July.

Does anyone in the dance community know if a dancer is injured in pre-season/just after the start of say the NBA/NHL season, would a team take someone like Holly? I'm sure most teams have All-Stars, but what happens when a dancer is going to miss the entire season? 

• Love 3