Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

55 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

So I went to Alexandria's IG to check her story and I saw the pictures from her engagement 'celebration' and it seems that only Kalyssa is missing. This is the second or third time I'm seeing a group pic without her. Has any of you seen a picture of Kalyssa with the rest of the rookies on a day/night out?

My thoughts are that could have been the weekend she went home for her Grandmother's funeral. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

The squad photo has been posted!!! It's on alexandria's Insta story. I screenshotted the photo but can't upload from my phone

Back Row (left to right): Gina, Keyra, Alexandria, Savannah, Tara, Rachel, Christina, Alexis

second Row (left to right): Lexie, Miranda, Kalyssa, Selena, Lauren

third Row (left to right): Yuko, Jessika, Khalyn, Cersten, Milan, Maddie

fourth Row (left to right): Tess, Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Stephanie, Simone, Amy L, Molly

frony Row (left to right): Heather, Jenna (laying down), Bess, Maggie, Lacey (center), Kashara, Robin, Jinelle (laying down), Tasha 

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Can someone name the rookies in the last 2 rows for me? There's some blondes and brunettes I'm not sure who is who. Is that Selina between Kalyssa and Lauren? Shouldn't she be in with the other 2nd yr vets?

1 hour ago, Aggielife said:

Kalyssa is new besties with Jenna. In other words, we should expect to see Kalyssa cut for bad behavior in about 3 weeks...

That's sort of pitiful on Jenna's part. Why doesn't she have. Any friends closer to her own age or rookie class? Is everybody else steering clear or is Kalyssa as opportunistic as Holly was? I don't K as naive and star struck. 

• Love 2

I was wondering what was wrong with the photo & I went back and looked at this one- the front few rows look better- more levels ? However- the tall blond in the right middle looks out of place - too tall for that spot?

"the girls look like a bouquet of beautiful faces/ hair color"????

IMG_4902.PNG

• Love 4
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

They just don't look all that happy. And I always feel a little bad for the girls in the nosebleeds.

They look like little girls.

11 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

there's something off with this photo...it looks super crowded and just awkward. usually it at least appears well laid out, but this just looks like zero thought went into it at all. there are weird gaps in rows, then some girs are too close together, it's just ugly.  no doubt in the episode K&J (predominantly K) will wax lyrical about how much thought goes into it and how stressful it is blah blah blah but if this is the end result it looks ore like they just had the girls arrange themselves.

This. It looks rushed.

3 hours ago, Aggielife said:

Kalyssa is new besties with Jenna. In other words, we should expect to see Kalyssa cut for bad behavior in about 3 weeks...

Jenna always has a new bestie. She always tends to gravitate towards the new girls..idk it's because they're young too or if she's grasping for Pro Bowl votes but..idk

44 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

No thats Jessika

Jessika's hair looks terrible. She looks like a dog.

• Love 2

All of the blondes look terrible. Girls need to be using purple shampoos or start going in a different direction. 

8 hours ago, sATL said:

Ummm.. Kenyra... was the lights not shining on her or is it just a dark reflection of the instagram taking a photo, or how it posted to this site..also agree there are too many girls in the 2nd to bottom row.

all group leaders should be on the floor.. regardless of seniority.

I guess they couldn't put anyone b/w Khayln & Cersten

They are other than Amy L..? 

Keep in mind this is a pixelated image of an image. The lighting will look different once it's actually posted on site. 

I find it interesting that Selena must still have weight issues as she has been banned to no man's land, next to the last row.

Jan 2016 this is from a Dallas news station.  (I know we talked about it on this forum but we have all slept since then). 

Livingston had a passion for cycling, and as he was out riding one day earlier this month near Coppell outside of Dallas, he was struck by a car. He died a week later, on January 18th.  His family is planning to lobby for more bike lanes in the area where he was hit, to give cyclists more space and cut down on fatalities.

The cheerleaders have been expressing condolences on social media, and told KHOU that Wade always had a way of making them feel beautiful. That's a pretty special guy!

18 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I find it interesting that Selena must still have weight issues as she has been banned to no man's land, next to the last row.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Everyone in the back looks off to me, but I’m thinking that some of it may be the image on instagram. I’ll reserve judgment until I see a picture that is clearer. 

I think there are way too many people kneeling on the floor. That’s the biggest problem with the picture for me. The 2015 one that was posted above looks much better.

Ideally Selina would be where Molly is if you focus on seniority, but if she still had weight issues then there was no other place to put her surrounding veterans. Molly looks good on the side though. Lucky placement for your rookie team photo. 

Am I just being blind, but where's Madeline in the squad photo?

The more I look at that photo the worse it gets. the two girls that are standing at the sides angled out don't even match in body position and that's driving me nuts. if they're meant to be mirroring each other they're failing

9 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Am I just being blind, but where's Madeline in the squad photo?

The more I look at that photo the worse it gets. the two girls that are standing at the sides angled out don't even match in body position and that's driving me nuts. if they're meant to be mirroring each other they're failing

IMG_2291.JPG

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

All of the blondes look terrible. Girls need to be using purple shampoos or start going in a different direction. 

They are other than Amy L..? 

Keep in mind this is a pixelated image of an image. The lighting will look different once it's actually posted on site. 

I was used to seeing 4 DCCs down front - like the 2015-2016 pix

Wow ... looks like now we have a bunch of information on E+H ... not sure if it's confirmed but at least it's out there! 

IF the stories are accurate, then honestly I don't feel badly for them ... it sounds like they did something stupid, got caught and are now off the team.  IF the stories are true, I kinda wish they would grow up and just move on

Edited by tobeyoungagain
grammer
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree that Amy should be next to the other leaders instead of Tasha. And yes, too many girls kneeling on the first row.

Aaaand three girls with only one year under their belt are on the first row. Well that's a first.

The majority of vets are 2nd hear anyway so there's really no other placement options. 

3 minutes ago, ellekotonyok said:

A link to the preview to the episode on Thurs., shows Holly. 

Guess Jenna gets off free? Wonder how this is going to play out since it seems a little early in the timeline for her leaving. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

The majority of vets are 2nd hear anyway so there's really no other placement options. 

Guess Jenna gets off free? Wonder how this is going to play out since it seems a little early in the timeline for her leaving. 

Yes I know they only have 2nd and 3rd years to work with, that's what i wanted to say! I'm just wondering if the last few upper vets are going to retire this year or K&J would do anything to keep them.

I don't think they're going to show anythinh about Jenna. If they do, they will edit the hell out of it to make Holly the only 'bad guy' in this. And they will probably show her getting suspended this week, next week being the HOF game so probably that's when they will show her cut/resignation.

• Love 2

As much as it pains me to say it, this Season of MTT is dragging, it is somewhat flat and a few episodes too long.  Though I do look forward to this week's drama with Holly, I generally wish they would wrap things up.

But perhaps the problem lies with me, as I am currently working my way through all three Seasons of Netflix's very compelling and highly entertaining Narcos (the fictionalized, non-fiction story of American involvement in the 1980s-90s Colombian drug wars), with one of the yummiest Latin American and American casts (Wagner Moura, Pedro Pascal, Juan Pablo Raba, Boyd Holbrook, Alberto Ammann).  MTT just cannot hold my attention in comparison to, um, that.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

As much as it pains me to say it, this Season of MTT is dragging, it is somewhat flat and a few episodes too long.  Though I do look forward to this week's drama with Holly, I generally wish they would wrap things up.

But perhaps the problem lies with me, as I am currently working my way through all three Seasons of Netflix's very compelling and highly entertaining Narcos (the fictionalized, non-fiction story of American involvement in the 1980s-90s Colombian drug wars), with one of the yummiest Latin American and American casts (Wagner Moura, Pedro Pascal, Juan Pablo Raba, Boyd Holbrook, Alberto Ammann).  MTT just cannot hold my attention in comparison to, um, that.

Nope it's not just you ... I'm SO over it .... and I'm a hardcore fan (or was).  I just enjoyed the past seasons more and connected with the girls more. Now I feel like they have a bunch of second tier dancers who (half of them) probably wouldn't have made it on the team if we still had the OG crew.  Honestly can't connect w/ any of the girls since last season ... they all just seem like plastic dolls to me.  Sorry

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Nope it's not just you ... I'm SO over it .... and I'm a hardcore fan (or was).  I just enjoyed the past seasons more and connected with the girls more. Now I feel like they have a bunch of second tier dancers who (half of them) probably wouldn't have made it on the team if we still had the OG crew.  Honestly can't connect w/ any of the girls since last season ... they all just seem like plastic dolls to me.  Sorry

THIS!  This season is so awful.  Not only boring, but sloppy.  Just terrible, terribly storytelling all around.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think there are way too many people kneeling on the floor. That’s the biggest problem with the picture for me. The 2015 one that was posted above looks much better.

They used to always have more people sitting/lying on the floor in front. I wonder why they stopped doing that, since it was kind of their thing. The row of kneelers would be less crowded if they had done that.

• Love 1

I don't love or hate this season any less than others. I think sometimes we may look at previous seasons with the OG DCCs (OG as in DCCs in season 1-5) and think things were better, but that can come from just excitement of the show in its earlier days since it was still shiny and new.

Twelve seasons in and we kind of know what to expect each year, but there's always exciting moments for me personally. The Star is really nice, obviously the camera quality has improved, and we'll get to see Hall of Fame which is something unique to this season only. I think the lackluster moments for me come mostly from production, clips of girls backgrounds and things like that. We're halfway through training camp and still seeing bios. Personally that's something that I wouldn't mind them spending a whole portion of semifinals/finals episode as filler. In Training camp it's just wasted because we know who they are at that point.

They're seriously missing out on some easy promo by not having and updated and kept website/social media plan. It's a nightmare to find actual videos of the girls dancing once the show airs because people post scam links of the show on YouTube. Show us halftimes, a pregame or two, sidelines, behind the scenes of lockeroom chit chat and game day prep, game day girl and gifts. etc. These are still things we DONT get to see and honestly would make me more invested than another story arch of a comeback girl or someone who struggles and barely makes it. 

I guess I should have posted this in the suggestions thread. Sorry it's so long ?

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 9

Things are about to get I N T E R E S T I N G!! (end of video) Yes I'm aware it may have already been posted but I rarely take the time to comb the forum for duplicate replies before replying.  Thanks for your time.

I
Edited by DCCFanInKy
self explanatory
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Things are about to get I N T E R E S T I N G!! (end of video)

Thanks for posting. 

I still wonder if Kelly printed off the "evidence" she acquired as proof of fraternization to present in the meeting. I mean what if Holly denied it - esp. if Kelly was going off of locker room verbal gossip? Pix don't lie (well, usually w/o the aid of photoshop). And it is best for both sides to CYA, given that we are talking about a contract violation.

Is Holly given the chance to offer a statement or plea, in her defense?

And I guess the cowboys don't do a written warning first - like most companies.

Wonder why the "cause for termination" was not written under the frat' point, like it is for alcohol use at functions?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Ooooooo!!!!

On another note, I'm STILL sweating just looking at those high neck tops.  They look so hot and uncomfortable.  I hate them.

ETA: the 2016 squad photo was the best in terms of layout.  I did not like the 2015 photo with Caila off center; she was too tall and it threw off the balance completely.  I think they wanted to give Jenna and Jinelle prominent spots on the floor, by themselves to highlight their seniority over the other girls.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Off work today (yay!), so I got to rewatch Season 12 episodes so far. I don't love or hate this season either, but I'll still watch every episode regardless ☺️.  From what I recall Shelly saying on these boards was that there was some significant (my word not hers) downtime in late June/early July with vacations and the CMT awards...that was probably cut out. I actually wish it was addressed as part of the show though. Just a mention of "okay, we are taking a break for these various reasons but rookies will continue to work with the 1st/2nd GL and other vets over the next couple weeks and better be stellar when we get back." Just an acknowledgment would be nice.

So HOF (when Jenna & Holly turned up missing) was what, early August? According to Judys InstaG, Raelee (Rae Lee? I have no clue who she is) was at TC on July 28th so they were in TX at that point. It does seem like the show skipped right over (football) training camp in Oxnard, which maybe happened two weeks before they left for HOF.  Can't recall exactly when the other poster ( @Bailey3606, maybe?) said she (he? Sorry, I'm not sure!) saw J&H out at the club with players but I think it was before they left for Oxnard around the time DCC Camp was going on. So essentially: Night at the Club in mid-July -> Oxnard maybe 3rd week July -> back to TC in TX for late July (Hollys last official DCC InstaG post before her hiatus was right around here) -> HOF early August and someone comments on Hollys IG post that she had quit.  

Maybe they'll cut out or only briefly mention Oxnard in order to get to the other stuff? Maybe they read the boards and decided to push the Holly (and hopefully Jenna is addressed also) disciplinary angle out quicker because it is such a hot topic on social media (here, IG, Facebook, etc).  

I don't follow Judy on InstaG, but I think I might after taking a look at her account.  She's a hoot. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't love or hate this season any less than others. I think sometimes we may look at previous seasons with the OG DCCs (OG as in DCCs in season 1-5) and think things were better, but that can come from just excitement of the show in its earlier days since it was still shiny and new.

Twelve seasons in and we kind of know what to expect each year, but there's always exciting moments for me personally. The Star is really nice, obviously the camera quality has improved, and we'll get to see Hall of Fame which is something unique to this season only. I think the lackluster moments for me come mostly from production, clips of girls backgrounds and things like that. We're halfway through training camp and still seeing bios. Personally that's something that I wouldn't mind them spending a whole portion of semifinals/finals episode as filler. In Training camp it's just wasted because we know who they are at that point.

They're seriously missing out on some easy promo by not having and updated and kept website/social media plan. It's a nightmare to find actual videos of the girls dancing once the show airs because people post scam links of the show on YouTube. Show us halftimes, a pregame or two, sidelines, behind the scenes of lockeroom chit chat and game day prep, game day girl and gifts. etc. These are still things we DONT get to see and honestly would make me more invested than another story arch of a comeback girl or someone who struggles and barely makes it. 

I guess I should have posted this in the suggestions thread. Sorry it's so long ?

I agree with you SO much. I do appreciate that this year they tried to include more stuff, which means they understand that after so many seasons we are getting bored. But at the same time, they are showing us more of what we are already bored of. They extended the season, but it doesn't look like we are getting more episodes from the actual season-we might get one since Shelly said they were still filming beginning of September. I would much rather see DCCs living together than those tiring segments with girls practicing in their huge houses while saying they're going to try harder than everyone else and how this is their dream. I'd like to see the calendar shooting, vet practices, game girl announcement,eeeverything. Think about it: we're 12 seasons in and fans who only watch the show would have no idea what the Abbey Bear or game girl is or even that they are doing halftime performances.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Holly was shook ?

She definitely seemed stunned ... it's interesting they decided to include it in the show.  They're smart - they know it will probably drive big numbers as people jump on to see what happened to Holly.  Wonder why they don't just throw an Erica storyline in there as well.

Wonder if this will damage Holly's post-DCC brand once the episode airs.  As of now, no one knows the situation so she still gets the love, the outrage, the "poor holly", and the disappointed fans.  I wonder when / if it comes out, if the people will stay loyal??

• Love 1

I do really like Holly, but I don't feel sorry for her in the least.  She should have already known even at her young age there are consequences to every action.  Some people you just don't mess with, and Kelly is one of them.

And no one is ever indispensable.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Thanks for posting. 

I still wonder if Kelly printed off the "evidence" she acquired as proof of fraternization to present in the meeting. I mean what if Holly denied it - esp. if Kelly was going off of locker room verbal gossip? Pix don't lie (well, usually w/o the aid of photoshop). And it is best for both sides to CYA, given that we are talking about a contract violation.

Is Holly given the chance to offer a statement or plea, in her defense?

And I guess the cowboys don't do a written warning first - like most companies.

Wonder why the "cause for termination" was not written under the frat' point, like it is for alcohol use at functions?

I too wonder about the evidence.  Did I see a copy of the contract in the preview?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree with you SO much. I do appreciate that this year they tried to include more stuff, which means they understand that after so many seasons we are getting bored. But at the same time, they are showing us more of what we are already bored of. They extended the season, but it doesn't look like we are getting more episodes from the actual season-we might get one since Shelly said they were still filming beginning of September. I would much rather see DCCs living together than those tiring segments with girls practicing in their huge houses while saying they're going to try harder than everyone else and how this is their dream. I'd like to see the calendar shooting, vet practices, game girl announcement,eeeverything. Think about it: we're 12 seasons in and fans who only watch the show would have no idea what the Abbey Bear or game girl is or even that they are doing halftime performances.

I am the opposite because I could not stand the calendar shoot episodes or scenes because they try to pretend the shoot happened after the new squad was announced, and the girls were pretending to be all shocked and excited when Kelli made the swimsuit calendar shoot announcement. I also do not care for the showing of the new calendar to the girls because it seemed so phony aka the girls were told what to say and how to act. Vet practices were and are okay, but I do not care for the vets going out on performances or appearances because Judy would freak out about everything having to be perfect, and the Show Group appearances would bore me to tears also. Why not show us how the girls get ready for game day before heading to the stadium, show a couple of the girls going on appearances outside of game day, and show how the girls balance jobs, school, and relationship, but none of the phony vet meets up with a TC Candidate for a discussion on how to deal with TC stress or Melissa the Mentor intervention crap. In otherwords, do not just focus on certain girls for the drama and rating factors, but try to focus on all girls by trying to be fresh and think outside the box.

Re squad photo: They should not mess around with the top 2-3 rows, just keep them symmetrical. But I'd love to see some fun again in the front couple of rows. Like this:

be8da57e91c4a738344c1d917768e47f.jpg

The squad photos are just looking a little boring and the same now. 

24 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I too wonder about the evidence.  Did I see a copy of the contract in the preview?

stop the preview at -11 sec left. they only show the bottom left hand corner.

• Love 1

And Alexandria needs this hair again. Brown with blonde highlights. She almost looks like Lacey there. 

Although I don't know if its her hair thats the problem or just her eye makeup. It makes her look very heavy lidded and her eyes too long. 

Someone show the girl how to do her makeup! 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

Holly was warned last year about 'fraternizing' with players.  This wasn't her first strike. 

ohh.. I missed that episode/backstory . Zeke or somebody else?

Now if she was a "problem child" with a record - that should have been taken into consideration at audition time. Sounds like ole' girl might need to take a few showers to "cool off" .

Edited by sATL
21 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Am I allowed to nit pick? Lol

Kelsey has a hair out of place, the gap between Selina and Kalyssa makes my eye twitch, Heather's hand placement looks hella uncomfortable, Yuko and Milan need more height..that's all that I can count right now. 

I think this pic is a hot mess!  It looks like the middle people are angling away to focus on Kalyssa. 

6 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Xfinity's description for next Thursday's show (10-5) mentions 2 suspended vets. So I guess they say something, but not sure about how much. 

IMG_2424.PNG

• Love 1

I was looking at Alexandria's IG pictures and noticed her sister is dancer for The Boston Celtics. I remember she wore that green outfit at auditions and said it brought her sister luck and she was an NBA dancer.