Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 9/27/2017 at 2:45 PM, CaseyRe said:

i believe that technically the DCC are a separate entity. most cheerleader squads in the NFL are, its what allows them to get away with paying them peanuts

If one of the many Cowboys publicists sees/hears/reads something about a cheerleader, she will share with the DCC people.  Lots of eyes was what I meant. 

On 9/27/2017 at 8:02 AM, Glamourdoll said:

I was thinking the clause about fraternization in the contract was to protect the organization from sexual harassment lawsuits or that sort of thing.  It might not even be a K&J thing, but a lawyer thing.

This clause is in every team sport's cheerleader contract and has been since cheerleaders were brought on to pro teams.  I believe it was more about the cheerleader's reputation/the professionalism of the squad over sexual harassment. Sexual harassment wasn’t even a thing in ’60’s/’70’s.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Cheerio34 said:

Wait sooo are they going to address her getting cut?!? 

Next week

Just now, MelTexGirl said:

Ok so based on that episode - did Jenna throw her under the bus or was she a leader too late? 

Leader too late, but it's odd that her own fraternization wasn't mentioned. :/

50 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

This clause is in every team sport's cheerleader contract and has been since cheerleaders were brought on to pro teams.  I believe it was more about the cheerleader's reputation/the professionalism of the squad over sexual harassment. Sexual harassment wasn’t even a thing in ’60’s/’70’s.

Adding also that the both- the players and the cheerleaders should have their task at hand on their minds- and not a relationship...

Just watched the show- and wow... whole lot of dancing going on there - and I do not mean on the dance floor...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Next week

Leader too late, but it's odd that her own fraternization wasn't mentioned. :/

Are we confident that Jenna was guilty of fraternization too or was that speculation on our part?  

4 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Ok so based on that episode - did Jenna throw her under the bus or was she a leader too late? 

I think she was a leader only on the dance floor... Wake up call for Jenna also. As Kelly said " why is this the first we are hearing about this from you ? "

1 minute ago, MelTexGirl said:

That was weird. The way it was put to her, she didn’t really have a choice. It wasn’t a “is Holly hooking up with a player” thing. It was more of a “we know Holly is hooking up with a player and that you know, why didn’t you say something.” Now if her own prior fraternization had been mentioned and then they transferred into the poor leadership thing, that makes more sense. So maybe that happened and it was cut.

• Love 5

I just watched the last part again when Holly packed up her things before leaving - 

1. Damn that duffel!!!! I'm jealous and I want one. 

2. If she wasn't going to canton, why did she take the gold dress? 

3. I get it that she's a great dancer and probably one of the best in the team, but for it to come from her - a little self absorbed in my opinion. Kind of giving me the Gina vibe. 

4. When she first walked in the locker room after the office visit, that smile just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Cant wait to se this play out next week. 

• Love 4
On 9/28/2017 at 11:11 PM, maineborzoi said:

I think she was a leader only on the dance floor... Wake up call for Jenna also. As Kelly said " why is this the first we are hearing about this from you ? "

Jenna was in a no win situation.  If she had ratted out Holly I'd given her a hard time for throwing Holly under the bus.  I'm the furthest thing from team Jenna but she was in a tough spot (IMO).

Edited by rungirl
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, MelTexGirl said:

I just watched the last part again when Holly packed up her things before leaving - 

1. Damn that duffel!!!! I'm jealous and I want one. 

2. If she wasn't going to canton, why did she take the gold dress? 

3. I get it that she's a great dancer and probably one of the best in the team, but for it to come from her - a little self absorbed in my opinion. Kind of giving me the Gina vibe. 

4. When she first walked in the locker room after the office visit, that smile just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Cant wait to se this play out next week. 

She likely returned it later, who knows.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That was weird. The way it was put to her, she didn’t really have a choice. It wasn’t a “is Holly hooking up with a player” thing. It was more of a “we know Holly is hooking up with a player and that you know, why didn’t you say something.” Now if her own prior fraternization had been mentioned and then they transferred into the poor leadership thing, that makes more sense. So maybe that happened and it was cut.

Your assessment makes a lot more sense.  I can't buy the "you didn't tell us about Holly so now you're in trouble" storyline.  Had to be something more for Jenna to lose her role as point and get suspended.

Edited by rungirl

Holly ended up quitting though right , or was she actually cut? I’m honestly surprised they didn’t cut her right then, they were obviously really disappointed in her. As great of a dancer as she is, she is a young girl who made a mistake and deserved to be called out on it. If she did quit, I wish she would have stayed around to try and redeem herself. 

• Love 2
Just now, Pickles said:

So, then does Holly quit because she thinks she has a real relationship going with the player?

No, because she's a spoiled brat whose mother taught her that her shit doesn't stink.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 10

They keep saying 4 more cuts, so I feel like they have to address Erica’s dismissal somehow (even if they use the injury excuse). 

The only reasons I can think of the different treatment between Holly/Jenna is 1) they value Jenna on the team more; 2) while they both got in trouble for fraternization last year, Jenna stopped sleeping with a player (whether her choice or his, who knows) and Holly kept sleeping with a player; or 3) it comes down to the underage drinking thing. I’m truly shocked by how little attention they paid to the under 21 in a 21 and up club issue. Its not a big deal to most ppl but it was an easy out for them.

I thought this episode would clear up some things, but it didn’t.

• Love 1

It must have been hard for Jenna when Holly showed up at her house and forced her to dress up, put on makeup, and go clubbing.  

It must have been hard for Jenna to sit at the same table as Holly when Zeke & group accidentally sat down at same table. 

Poor Jenna, there was nothing she could do.  Jenna said she was tsk tsking in her head, hoping Holly would come to her senses.

Now, for Jenna, one less competitor for her point...oh wait, Hello Kashara!

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The only reasons I can think of the different treatment between Holly/Jenna is 1) they value Jenna on the team more; 2) while they both got in trouble for fraternization last year, Jenna stopped sleeping with a player (whether her choice or his, who knows) and Holly kept sleeping with a player; or 3) it comes down to the underage drinking thing. I’m truly shocked by how little attention they paid to the under 21 in a 21 and up club issue. Its not a big deal to most ppl but it was an easy out for them.

I thought this episode would clear up some things, but it didn’t.

This!! I don't understand why the under 21 thing isn't the reasoning used? That just seems like something that would make so much sense. I get with fraternization that it's in the contract etc etc, but it does feel like some get in trouble and some don't... Underage drinking just seems like a no-brainer, being that it's against the law and being a terrible role model... That's what I've been wondering this whole time. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I wouldn't call Kashara a competitor for point in this lifetime. For whatever reason they didn't use Lacey I don't get, but I'm sure Kashara knows she's a backup.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

It must have been hard for Jenna when Holly showed up at her house and forced her to dress up, put on makeup, and go clubbing.  

It must have been hard for Jenna to sit at the same table as Holly when Zeke & group accidentally sat down at same table. 

Poor Jenna, there was nothing she could do.  Jenna said she was tsk tsking in her head, hoping Holly would come to her senses.

BLESS. Truth bomb.

14 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I wouldn't call Kashara a competitor for point in this lifetime. For whatever reason they didn't use Lacey I don't get, but I'm sure Kashara knows she's a backup.

I'd call her point because she is point. No competition, she is point. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PBSLover said:

That's not entirely true. The Raiderettes were long known for being the only team in the league that did not have the no fraternization rule, although they do have some limitations. (link)

Could it be that it was addressed, but not shown?  I suspect that it was a legal issue as to why nothing about the underage drinking was shown, depending on what was said and done when it came up.  I highly doubt they would have focused on one part of the issue and not the other, ESPECIALLY when the very situation that allowed Holly and Zeke to "hook up" (being underage in a 21+ club in addition to the drinking) could potentially have been the more serious of the two in terms of legality.

• Love 2

Honestly for 2 people who grew up in the social media age, how on earth did Holly and Jenna think that this information wouldn’t surface. Ppl have smart phones everywhere. Beyond that, Kelli literally gave Holly a list of clubs and she still continued to lie and say she was only with Jenna. Girl! I can’t imagine if that’s difficult to keep a relationship with a player secret if you really wanted to. This is either pure stupidity or just not caring.

And the Erica stuff looks even worse after this. They made an example out of her 2 besties, and she still couldn’t stay outta trouble for one weekend. Cmon. 

• Love 8

I'm thinking Holly really thought she was safe when they showed her the list of clubs. She went "with Jenna". It reminds me of being in high school and my best friend and I each calling home and telling our parents we were spending the night with each other and staying out all night doing everything we weren't supposed to. She was caught and she after lying, she tried backpeddling. 

My respect for this show just went way up.   I REALLY did not think they were going to go there and show as much as they did.  

Holly straight up lied to them sitting there in the office.   How could they trust her again?

Maybe an unpopular opinion but when Jenna was sitting there talking about being a sixth year vet all I was thinking was how ridiculous it is for anyone to stay on that team for six damn years.   I think it says something about those who stay so (too) long.   Get a life.  They really should have a 3 or 4 year limit.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

My respect for this show just went way up.   I REALLY did not think they were going to go there and show as much as they did.  

Holly straight up lied to them sitting there in the office.   How could they trust her again?

Maybe an unpopular opinion but when Jenna was sitting there talking about being a sixth year vet all I was thinking was how ridiculous it is for anyone to stay on that team for six damn years.   I think it says something about those who stay so (too) long.   Get a life.  They really should have a 3 or 4 year limit.  

This! I mean, I get they both did stuff they weren't suppose to do. But Jenna just seems somehow so much worse -- like she is scratching and clawing her way to stick around after all this time and it just feels so desperate.

I'm not saying I would want any of these girls at daughters. But at least with Holly, ok, this is typical 20 year old immature BS. I can work with that. Jenna is so far gone -- there is nothing I saw there to be proud of. She didn't own up to anything -- she is just played out and desperate.

Of course, I would be least proud of the snitch. "Locker room talk" -- my god. That is so embarrassing, that someone is being a tattle tale. I get that the culture of team rewards it, but I would not be proud of it.

• Love 4

So during the office the visit, Holly kind of lied and said she was upholding the no fraternization policy and she wasn't doing anything wrong. But K&J definitely had evidence even if they didn't show it in the episode. When Holly started to realize that they knew she was lying about the fraternization and underage drinking, then she tried to redeem herself and saying that she's disappointed in herself and said that instead of acting like an adult she was acting like an immature child. In the office and the locker, she seemed to be  admitting of her mistakes and that the team means so much to her and all that jazz. And then in the Instagram live video she had with Erica, she specifically addressed the comment about how they are both so mature that they not were not tattling about how they were wronged. And she even went as far to tweet about revenge and that toilet emoji. 

So in my mind, what changed? She seemed to be apologetic about her actions in the episode and then she's all of a sudden gone and now she thinks she didn't do anything wrong. 

If the rumors here are true about her mom spoiling her and teaching her that she is the best on the team and they will crash and burn without her  -  then I definitely believe that after this episode happened she probably called her mom to vent and tell her what happened and her mom started to tell her that K&J were wrong to call her out and that she's the best on the team. The team will lose out big time without her. So that probably gave her the confidence (cockiness) to quit and say I quit and lets see how your precious team does without me. And it definitely happened before Canton. I think that part in the preview for next week when they say Holly is immature is the part where they either get a resignation letter from her or something like that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Jenna made a deal to not quit if they wouldn't mention her fraternization on the show.  

They should have let her quit.  Again, like I've mentioned before, they talked to her before tryouts about being a leader and a guiding force and now...........

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

1. Like I said earlier, Holly's duffle is goals.

2. Not sure if they will show this on MTT or not, but I heard that Holly wrote a not so nice letter to K&J.. I wonder if this was when she officially "quit"

How great would it be if Holly stormed out of the office, knocking over chairs, middle fingers in the air, SCREAMING "F- THIS, I'M OUT!", then used one of her perfect kicks to kick Jenna right in the face.

One can hope, right? 

Seriously though, like other posters have said, Holly was probably just over the bullshit and realized that being a kiss-ass, rule following,  "yes ma'am, no ma'am" kind of girl just wasn't her jam anymore. You know none of those girls are 100% sweet little innocent, rule-abiding "sweethearts". I personally wouldn't last a day in that organization ? It's quite impressive that so many of them can fake it for so long

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

That's not entirely true. The Raiderettes were long known for being the only team in the league that did not have the no fraternization rule, although they do have some limitations. (link)

So we are talking 1 team out of the entire NFL and NBA....

2 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Interesting thought process, never considered it, I wish I could give a 2nd like to your post. 

• Love 3

Someone mentioned earlier that Jinelle had an odd smile after Holly's name was called so I just watched the re-run and KelliQ did a quick side-eye and had a little smirk on her face.  Did anyone else see that? Kelli was sitting next to Kelsey, but it didn't seem like she was looking at her. 

If looks could kill man, Judy could put holes in walls.  The way her shoulders dropped after Holly said "I don't talk to players"...and her demeanor changed...eek! I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of either K or J.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Definitely think it was mentioned as you said! No way they suspended her for not being a rat. Although i don't get why they preferred showing the world that they are actually deranged enough to suspend a cheerleader for not being a rat AFTER they pretty much shamed Gina for not being anyone's besties. Or maybe they realized that such a competitive girl is rat material and they're just trying to prep her!

8 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

12.JPG.5191474ff4555401effff060b3ef6b11.JPG

I wish i knew the timeline of tonight's office visit by Jenna and Holly. What day was it...probably somewhere around July 26th. This is pure speculation on my part, but this was Holly's last Tweet with her official DCC Twitter handle. I honestly believe when K&J saw this tweet, to a former Dallas Cowboys player no less... It was the final nail in the coffin. for her DCC career.

Honestly? Punishing her for answering a tweet specifically aimed at her is stupid. Punish the guy who send it. Publically ignoring a former player would look worse to an outsider imo.

4 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Jenna made a deal to not quit if they wouldn't mention her fraternization on the show.  They also offered to not show Mandy's weight warning if she'd stay on the team; Mandy refused.

Really? I've lost some more respect for Jenna and gain a lot for Mandy. Although Mandy definitely handled the situation like a professional but... Mandy is 30 years old and running her own business. I don't expect the same from a 20 year old. But I certainly like Mandy and Holly more for leaving because let's be honest, staying on this team for 6 years when it's obvious it's not out of loyalty... it's a bit desperate.

I also said that when the news broke; Jenna should be in trouble for not being a leader after having that odd conversation with K&J before auditons. At least they addressed this but really? They cut Erica soo easily but kept a girl who kept doing something far worse than drinking (in their eyes at least), a 'leader' who still breaks the rules after having talks about leadership with management? What dirt does Jenna have on them?

I'm starting to believe that former dcc who said that the environment was toxic (the one Shelley said had no right to comment on the team since she left so early). Yes it is a job not a sorority but still. Forcing girls to be rats? Girls getting their teammates in trouble just to be petty? And they're not even thinking of the team when they do that. Jenna, Holly and Erica were the last really visible powerhouses they had on the team. Getting them in trouble just weakened the team and it shows this year.

• Love 5

Taking a moment to mention another side story of the episode - the house party seemed very stage to me. I'm wondering did the winner really live there or was it used for the "party" and placed a few select props around. here is an article ( link )

I don't get why not going to Canton was a punishment. my first thought was - ok, a free weekend to do whatever when the team tattletale (assuming it was a veteran) will be gone, and just don't go to places on the list.

I also wonder if they kept Jenna separate from Holly, after they talked to Jenna, to prevent them from them from "getting their stories" together. Part of me wished they called them in at the same time.

And Judy's look to Kelly , after Holly left the office ... priceless. I admire her strength for keeping quiet during these conversations - I feel like she always has a lot to say , but manages to hold it in and deferring to Kelly. That would drive me nuts - to always be the #2 speaker in the room.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She likely returned it later, who knows.

Hard to say, but Kelly did tell her not one more incident- even a rumor- as it would be the last straw.

6 hours ago, kalibean said:

I'm assuming blatant discussion of under 21 was left out for legal reasons. For Holly, for the DCC, for the clubs, etc. 

It would also fall on the club owner. Adding- unknown if Holly had alcohol in her drink. For the owner to assume that a DCC is 21 years old is a stretch ....

1 hour ago, sATL said:

I don't get why not going to Canton was a punishment. my first thought was - ok, a free weekend to do whatever when the team tattletale (assuming it was a veteran) will be gone, and just don't go to places on the list.

I also wonder if they kept Jenna separate from Holly, after they talked to Jenna, to prevent them from them from "getting their stories" together. Part of me wished they called them in at the same time.

And Judy's look to Kelly , after Holly left the office ... priceless. I admire her strength for keeping quiet during these conversations - I feel like she always has a lot to say , but manages to hold it in and deferring to Kelly. That would drive me nuts - to always be the #2 speaker in the room.

/\ Agreed and well stated ! Judy looked rather shocked and irritated to say the least...

Also- one needs to remember that Jenna came to the team when she was also 18. So- a 6 year vet only makes her 24 years old. However- that is 6 years, in Jennas case, and 3 years for Holly of contract signing, and Orientation meetings... To suspend them is correct in it makes it the stage of " we know about this " to the head. For employer position, better to have the warning as to why to cut a vet member prior to dismissal etc.

I will not say anyone was sleeping with anyone since all I am privy to is what I read here.   I'll just say neither Jenna nor Holly fulfilled their role as a card carrying DCC and the infraction was very serious.    The organization is supposed to be molding these girls into well rounded women and it was a black eye on DCC.

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Kelly....

• Love 5
6 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

How great would it be if Holly stormed out of the office, knocking over chairs, middle fingers in the air, SCREAMING "F- THIS, I'M OUT!", then used one of her perfect kicks to kick Jenna right in the face.

One can hope, right? 

Seriously though, like other posters have said, Holly was probably just over the bullshit and realized that being a kiss-ass, rule following,  "yes ma'am, no ma'am" kind of girl just wasn't her jam anymore. You know none of those girls are 100% sweet little innocent, rule-abiding "sweethearts". I personally wouldn't last a day in that organization ? It's quite impressive that so many of them can fake it for so long

I feel you. I watch the show for the dancing, for the cult-like feel of the organization, and because of the fact that Kashara is a hometown girl. My husband can't stomach a second of it. Every time it comes on he starts ranting to our 6 year old daughter, "Don't ever 'yes ma'am' to someone who says you're too heavy when you still look better than half the population, that your hair makes you homely, that there is something wrong with your smile, etc. You tell them to kiss your ass and walk out." I get that Holly broke her contract, and that's bad. And I get that these girls have a lot of awesome opportunities that might not otherwise be available to them. But they're paid peanuts for the organization to run their lives.

I couldn't do it. But then, I quit my job 8 years ago to work for myself so.. ☺

• Love 8