Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Man Tears and Braziers

• Start Topic

A gator tour with Ariana and the groomsmen has some bite when talk turns to Schwartz's relationship troubles. Also: Kristen hires a female stripper while the men dress in drag; and Katie's anger toward Schwartz is addressed, leading to an all-out fight.

Big LOLs:

* Katie telling Stassi to go on Farmers Only, and her actually considering it (but not going for it because you have to be--did she say this?--"farmer-y")

* Their bridesmaid cheer that sounded like a mix between the chorus of "Witch Doctor" ("oo-ee-ooh-ah-ah") and the Flintstone Water Buffalo secret shake ("woo-ah-wah, woo-ah-wah")

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10

Wow. Everyone just seems kind of miserable on this show. Especially the two who are getting married (and are now married) on this show. Both of them just seem so mean to each other.

Fair warning though I follow these people on their social media accounts and this trip looked more fun on Instagram. So I don't know. A lot of this could be drama fueled things for the show but the trip looked more fun in Instagram than what we see on the show. 

You guys Ariana's a groomsmen!!! Did you not know that? Am I lame because I don't want to look at alligators? It doesn't seem fun. Also having reptiles coming out at me from everywhere doesn't seem like my idea of fun but o digress. To each their own.

Schena and Kristen are that bad with seafood they have to leave the table? 

Also im kind of glad we are at least acknowledging that Schwartz cheated on Katie and possibly did something more. Yes it's all speculation but it explains a lot about maybe why she acts the way she does. Also I can't even with the mansplaining that happened with the guys and tom crying about how great of a guy Schwartz is if he's suffering? What..the hell? Is Tom working on a drama reel? I can't with the tears. I can't.  There's some truth to that.

The editors of this show know what they are doing right? 

The best part was watching the girls with the stripper and the boys putting on makeup and getting drag queen ready. Also love peters "I look the same!" Moment. It's the hair Peter. Watching them as drag queens.. not that entertaining to me. 

I kind of hate it when Jax tries to act like he's a good psychologist. Last season with Schena and Shay and now monitoring Toms drinking. I also love that the editors right after this moment felt the need to show us a clip of him complaining about ruining his dress when he went to the bathroom. 

I think my favorite people are the editors of this show. 

I think I have a certain admiration for Stassis love of murder, probably because I listen to her podcast and she does love murder stories and all that.

Kristen has a point. Schwartz is an adorable puppy but is Kristen the right person to call him on this? Probably not. Probably the only one who could in this season is Schena. And also I couldn't take the conversation seriously when Schwartz was dressed in his drag queen outfit. 

Carter wins! I barley know him but I loved when he said "everyone grows up, but you grew up to be Sia!"

Jax made a good choice check by trying to avoid the fight. 

Also I was uncontrollably laughing during the sequences of events with the fights. From Kristen trying to talk to when the boys got upstairs and Stassis just sitting in the hallway of the hotel, the hell? To Jax and Brittany  pretty much holding up water glasses to their ears through the door. I don't think that was intention. 

Also Flat Iron sucks. That's all. 

At the end of this episode, I still feel like everyone is kind of miserable for a bachelorette/bachelor party. 

• Love 11

"We're blurring the lines of gender stereotypes!" No, Ariana you're just being the same drunken fools you've always been.

I do not understand why Schwartz cheating and possible probable penetration was treated as a reveal when we've all known this for several seasons. It's a good thing Kristen isn't the type of person to use someone else's problems to secure herself a spot on a television show next year.

• Love 11

I just can't with Sandavol.  He is such the drama queen and somehow, even when he's trying to be a great friend, makes it about himself.  

Deep down he wanted Schwartz to ask for his hand in marriage. We all know it.

I like Carter.  He seems even keeled.  

Peter is my favorite SUR.  I see him just enough to have a little crush, but not enough that the group taints him by association. 

Princess Aboveitall!  You were awesome this week.  Be like this all the time please.  Ok.  I did roll my eyes a little about your gender Kumbaya moment.  But you were cool girl tonight.  You can do better than Sandavol.

Kristen certainly livens things up....not really the time.  Why in New Orleans and why during a night of drinking.

I have no complaints about the girls tonight. They were fun.  The boys were messes.

• Love 6

Yeah FIs speech felt more like his "realize you want me Tom!"

I have no issue with Katie holding onto this. I mean it makes sense because it was never fully addressed, it was swept under the rug with distractions here and there. Also no offense to wise old FI but Tom and Katie didn't seem to have problems before we heard of them in season 3 when all the stuff of the cheating came out. They actually seemed like a good couple. I know the show wasn't focused on them at that time because Jax was off with randoms every left and right and you and Kristen were screaming at each other for two years but whatever.

• Love 13

Man Sandoval should just marry Schwartz. He's got some deep unconditional delusional love for the dude. And he and Kristen really cannot get past their messed up relationship. Him trying to tell Carter why Kristen is evil when by all accounts she's not like that anymore was just so messy. 

I did feel for Katie when she came upstairs to drunken sloppy Tom and he started calling her a moron for absolutely no reason. Schwartz this episode was one big cry for rehab help. 

Jax refusing to go out into the fight and Stassi eavesdropping did make me laugh. 

31 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also I can't even with the mansplaining that happened with the guys and tom crying about how great of a guy Schwartz is if he's suffering? What..the hell? Is Tom working on a drama reel? I can't with the tears. I can't. There's some truth to that

Tom can stfu with his "he's a battered wife" shit about Schwartz.  They're in an unhealthy relationship but Schwartz is every bit as mean as Katie 

Edited by racked
  • Love 16
31 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also im kind of glad we are at least acknowledging that Schwartz cheated on Katie and possibly did something more. Yes it's all speculation but it explains a lot about maybe why she acts the way she does.

I agree.  I think this explains a lot of the way Katie has been acting.  Her problem with Ariana is really that FI Tom/Ariana's original story about what happened between them while he was with Kristen sounds a whole lot like Tom's cheating incident.  The thing with Lala was also poking at the cheating.

It feels like they are getting married to "fix" the cheating incident.  Like its something Katie gets, that Tom doesn't really want, because he cheated.  Meanwhile she lashes out at everyone that reminds her that he cheated or doesn't fully support and sympathize with her anger.  Its a different variation of Kristen's crazy.  Krsiten's crazy was more fun though.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 10

"We're just kicking a dead horse"  hahahahaha

Funny how these people wake up with perfect makeup.  Katie's eyeliner was on point when Schwartz 'woke her up'.  I call shenanigans.

Flat Iron may be a drama queen, but he and Schwartz clearly belong together and should just tie the knot and get it over with.  FI's concern did seem genuine, although he should have expressed that concern MUCH SOONER. Oh, welcome back, bunny boiling Kristen!  We've missed you! 

Jax and Brittany taking cover during the 'did he, or didn't he, eff the girl in Vegas' scandal, whilst Stassi is lurking in the corner was humorous. No way those boys (queens?) didn't see her, though. 

Ariana was so lame.  So painful to watch. Sandoval is fabulous in drag (and clearly enjoys it)... Ariana is a drag as a guy.  Oofff. 

Katie and Tom are doomed.  

• Love 5

I know this show is not "reality," but based on the evidence on my TV every Monday night, I can't understand for the life of me why Tom and Katie got married. Their relationship is just painful to watch.

In other news, I think I love Carter.

• Love 5

I was alternating between boredom and uncomfortable this week. Here are some random thoughts:

• Carter's head at the table o' crabs looked like those Ken dolls you would draw facial hair on with a brown magic marker.
  • FI Tom saying he couldn't wait to get in drag, followed by an immediate cut to successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks walking down the sidewalk. Ha!
  • Speaking of megamillionairess Lisa Vanderbucks, can anyone verify what those cooks in the back REALLY said about her after she left? I finds it hard to believe they banged the counter while saying they'd love to "marry her"...
  • The female stripper was gross. What is with these people?
  • I am beyond tired of Shwartz and Katie fighting!
  • Where did the guys get those drag queens who helped them?
  • Did anyone else think Peter in drag looked like The Countess from RHoNY?
  • That fight in the hallway was awkward, but StASSi pretending to eavesdrop was damn funny.
  • Love 10

I love that I'm getting the "Are you being cheated on?!?!" ad on this page.

My first thought when Sandoval put that wig on was "Sia." Can someone explain to me why it got him *upset* when Carter actually said it?

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I was alternating between boredom and uncomfortable this week. Here are some random thoughts:

• Carter's head at the table o' crabs looked like those Ken dolls you would draw facial hair on with a brown magic marker.

I kept thinking of the Wooly Willy game when they showed Carter. 

• Love 1

If Katie was so hung up on Tom Schwartz and the woman in Vegas, why did she refuse to go to therapy?  Seems like the place to address it.  Kristen and weird looking boyfriend Carter were way out of line.  Oversimplification of these two's problems and totally inappropriate time and place. Apologizing to someone (again) doesn't make it go away, it just means Katie has 20 years to relive it every time she and Schwartz are at odds over something, which is pretty much all day everyday. 

Schwartz looked like he needed a stomach pump.

• Love 15

Must've been awkward for Ariana being there while they talked about someone fucking a chick in Vegas while they were in a relationship lol.

Schwartz is really buying into his loveable scamp act. Sandoval just reinforces everything Schwartz thinks times a million. Sandoval kind of fell down a few notches to me. He's a total drama queen and needed to shut up.

At the same time Kristen and Carter needed to chill. Like Schwartz confirming he fucked this chick in Vegas while they were all blackout drunk at a Bachelor party was gonna help anything lol.

Crazy Bachelor party but I've actually been to crazier. Except we all atleast had fun at first for a bit.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

My first thought when Sandoval put that wig on was "Sia." Can someone explain to me why it got him *upset* when Carter actually said it?

Right? He was like, "Oh now I look like SIA?!?!?!" What? He really was insulted. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

If Katie was so hung up on Tom Schwartz and the woman in Vegas, why did she refuse to go to therapy?  Seems like the place to address it.  Kristen and weird looking boyfriend Carter were way out of line.  Oversimplification of these two's problems and totally inappropriate time and place. Apologizing to someone (again) doesn't make it go away, it just means Katie has 20 years to relive it every time she and Schwartz are at odds over something, which is pretty much all day everyday. 

Schwartz looked like he needed a stomach pump.

I can't understand why Katie accepted his proposal if she has insecurities and trust issues about Schwartz. I can't get why you would proceed with this farce of a relationship if you fundamentally don't trust each other.

Schwartz did look blitzed out.

Also the Katie and Schwartz relationship was bad before the cheating. He was already pouring drinks on her head when they disagreed in season 1.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

I can't understand why Katie accepted his proposal if she has insecurities and trust issues about Schwartz. I can't get why you would proceed with this farce of a relationship if you fundamentally don't trust each other.

Schwartz did look blitzed out.

Also the Katie and Schwartz relationship was bad before the cheating. He was already pouring drinks on her head when they disagreed in season 1.

Accepted his proposal? You mean bitched at him until he decided to surrender. I think they are both awful but this sudden discovery that happened off camera screams more like Kristen aND Katie wanting a storyline where they weren't the worst.

Don't get me wrong Schwartz is also awful but they have rehashed Vegas repeatedly. The clear solution is that these two need to get divorce and never see each other. I seriously don't get what's in it for either of them.

• Love 14

Katie just wants to get married cause she's at the age where ppl feel like they should be married or with the person they are gonna marry so they settle on anything.

Schwartz got married so he can continue barely working and being supported. He probably also thought he could string along an engagement for a few years.

• Love 18

Scheana's super dumb reason for refusing to eat seafood gets even dumber when she's presented with seafood dishes where none of that is an issue. The oysters were already shucked and no one makes an etoufee with the shells on. If she could just say she doesn't like the taste, no one would bother her. They'd think it was weird. They'd comment once and then move on.

I get it. I've never developed a taste for nuts because my brother has a severe nut allergy. I really only had my first opportunities to eat nuts when I went to college. I didn't find them to be so amazing that I continued to eat them. However coming up with weird process reasons for not eating a food is always going to sound stupid. It's like saying "I don't eat beef because I dislike having to saw through a steak." Someone is always going to counter with all of the dishes where that isn't a factor.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Yeah, that was weird, especially when you consider the do he's been sporting this season.

I think I might actually prefer the wig.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Dev said:

"You grew up to be Sia!" was the line of the night for me.

Can someone explain this one to me? I don't know who Sia is. 

NVM. I read more upthread. Can't get rid of the quote box, though, sorry. 

7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

People do it all the time. They'd rather be unhappy than be alone. 

11 hours ago, ivygirl said:

* Their bridesmaid cheer that sounded like a mix between the chorus of "Witch Doctor" ("oo-ee-ooh-ah-ah") and the Flintstone Water Buffalo secret shake ("woo-ah-wah, woo-ah-wah")

I don't know if you've ever seen Finding Nemo, but that's where their chant comes from. "Shark Bait oooh-ah-ah!"

• Love 5

You guys.  I'm generally an Arianna fan/apologist.  But omg, I was legitimately alternating between rolling my eyes and cringing with secondhand embarrassment for her doing her cross-dressing act as that lame rapper/Justin Bieber wanna-be.  Lord.  Girl, just stop.  Please.  I beg you. 

Speaking of stopping?  Tom and Katie. If I didn't know you two were already hitched, I'd beg you to stop this farce of an engagement.  You two clearly do not even like each other at this point.  Do you really think marriage is going to magically cure all of your (many!) issues?  It is not.  It will only magnify them.  Just ask Scheanna and Shay.

Oh and I 100% agree that Tom and Katie had lots of issues before the cheating incident.  I mean, for one, Schwartz said so himself!  We viewers saw the beer dumping incident in season one, and they both admitted (I forget when - maybe on WWHL or one of those aftershows) that the first year or 2 of their relationship was a shitshow.  So...yeah.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Speaking of stopping?  Tom and Katie. If I didn't know you two were already hitched, I'd beg you to stop this farce of an engagement.  You two clearly do not even like each other at this point.  Do you really think marriage is going to magically cure all of your (many!) issues?  It is not.  It will only magnify them.  Just ask Scheanna and Shay.

Oh and I 100% agree that Tom and Katie had lots of issues before the cheating incident.  I mean, for one, Schwartz said so himself!  We viewers saw the beer dumping incident in season one, and they both admitted (I forget when - maybe on WWHL or one of those aftershows) that the first year or 2 of their relationship was a shitshow.  So...yeah.

I actually think the song better describes Sandoval and Kristen. Schwartz and Katie don't have chemistry, aren't having sex, don't trust each other, and take every opportunity to undermine each other. Shit show is the best description for this disaster.

• Love 3

As near as I can figure, Tom and Katie are together for two simple reasons: 1) Tom is too lazy and complacent to instigate any sort of separation; and 2) Katie wants to be married. It's really that straightforward, from what I can see. I like Schwartz, but he is such an inertia victim. I don't think he really loves Katie, but he's familiar with her and it's just easier to stay than to leave. And Katie wants the happily-ever-after, but doesn't want to have to start all over, and so she's just working with what she's got.

• Love 23
12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Am I lame because I don't want to look at alligators? It doesn't seem fun. Also having reptiles coming out at me from everywhere doesn't seem like my idea of fun but o digress. To each their own.

It didn't look very exciting to me either, but I live in Florida and see them all the time. While I'm on the subject, you're not sppsd to feed alligators because it makes them stop farting people and they shouldn't be eating people food like that Wonderbread and candy they were giving them. I'm kinda surprised their guide didn't say anything. It was kinda funny to see Shwartzie getting ambushed with snakes, but it got old fast.

46 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

You guys.  I'm generally an Arianna fan/apologist.  But omg, I was legitimately alternating between rolling my eyes and cringing with secondhand embarrassment for her doing her cross-dressing act as that lame rapper/Justin Bieber wanna-be.  Lord.  Girl, just stop.  Please.  I beg you. 

Justine Beiber? I thought that was sppsd to be Justin Timberlake!

• Love 1

I dont know if anyone caught it but when the guys got to the hotel to see the girls, Ariana is playing her character and Schawrtz is behind her making a face at Katie while motioning with his hand like he was silting his throat. I though oh he thinks Ariana is as annoying in drag as I do. Seriously she needed to tone it down, it was embarrassing. 

Tom is out of line to tell Carter all this crap about his gf, I think Carter handled it as best as could be in a situation where they were all drunk and not going to get anywhere.  I think the bubbas do need therapy if not they probably wont last. Although maybe Katie was so desperate to get married as a way to prove to herself Schawartz really wants her not some random Vegas girl .

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

JUSTin Biebs... JUSTin Timberlake... whoever she was trying to channel, I needed her to JUST staaahhhhp.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Schena and Kristen are that bad with seafood they have to leave the table? 

I'm allergic to seafood and usually don't have a problem when others enjoy it. Sometimes when it comes out steaming however, it does get to me and I begin to get an itchy throat or my nose begins to run. Still this looked to me as tho the two of them wanted a little pow wow, not an allergy issue. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

As near as I can figure, Tom and Katie are together for two simple reasons: 1) Tom is too lazy and complacent to instigate any sort of separation; and 2) Katie wants to be married. It's really that straightforward, from what I can see. I like Schwartz, but he is such an inertia victim. I don't think he really loves Katie, but he's familiar with her and it's just easier to stay than to leave. And Katie wants the happily-ever-after, but doesn't want to have to start all over, and so she's just working with what she's got.

Yes! Don't we all know a couple that fight constantly, yet stay together out of sheer laziness? I have a feeling these two will be married  for a very long time. Just don't bring kids in to it. Please, no kids.  

I had no interest in the dress up schtick. I don't really think the guys were that in to it, either. Ariana looked rediculous. She's a short little shit, isn't she? I never realized how small she was. Had to FF through most of that. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I dont know if anyone caught it but when the guys got to the hotel to see the girls, Ariana is playing her character and Schawrtz is behind her making a face at Katie while motioning with his hand like he was silting his throat. I though oh he thinks Ariana is as annoying in drag as I do. Seriously she needed to tone it down, it was embarrassing. 

Tom is out of line to tell Carter all this crap about his gf, I think Carter handled it as best as could be in a situation where they were all drunk and not going to get anywhere.  I think the bubbas do need therapy if not they probably wont last. Although maybe Katie was so desperate to get married as a way to prove to herself Schawartz really wants her not some random Vegas girl .

Carter earned it.  What a crappy thing to take upon himself to bring up the Vegas stuff.  We are talking Kristen coming up with an excuse for another's bad behavior.  What I heard all season is Katie did not feel Tom had her back and Katie is huge into telling people off for "defending" someone else.  Someone she has some slight against. 

I had to laugh last night on WWHL. Andy was speaking to Kristen about the return of Crazy Kristen and said, her white outfit looked like a straightjacket.  She was not amused.  Downright surly over the comment.

So Carter can bring up Schwartz infidelity and Sandoval can't bring up Kristen's?  Why does Kristen think Tom and Katie are any of her business?  They were the wrong people to bring it up and Carter was way out of line.  They shut him down once after the gator trip, did he think it was going to get any better, drunk and stupid?  Sandoval is doing what you are suppose to do as best man, stand up for your friend, not dumbass Kristen and her theories. 

I had to call BS on Stassi's bad acting over the Schwartz and cheating in Las Vegas, it was on the damn show-something she has been a part of every season.  Why would anyone think that was a good thing to bring up to the bride to be?  It would have been marvelous if Schwartz would have called the wedding off.   They could have filmed Schwartz moving on and Katie pursuing her relationship with Stassi and Kristen.  It feels like they went through with the wedding so they could collect their final paycheck for season that tides them over until the Reunion paycheck.

• Love 6

I was surprised at how horrible the 2 Toms looked in drag. With FI shaving his face and Schwartz' baby face I expected both of them to be “pretty” – they looked older than Lisa Vanderpump.

Kristen is really reaching to justify Katie’s Kreepzilla act. If Vegas girl was such an issue why would she hound Tom to get engaged for 2 years after the fact. Why would Katie give him an ultimatum and deadline which expired and still stayed and waited for a ring?

I do see this marriage lasting for some time. I don’t ever foresee Katie jumping ship. Now Tom on the other hand will bail if someone comes along with more money. I can picture Jax breaking up with Brittany and Bravo offering to do an off shoot series about 2 single guys on the prowl – Schwartz and Jax and their shenanigans. They would certainly still be asked to make appearances at clubs and draw a crowd.

Carter has been beaten with the ugly stick. Sorry to say this but his resting face is that of a senior citizen who has taken their dentures out for the night. Like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I find it very disturbing that he seems to want to be embroiled in the “drama” as much as Kristen. He really turned me off when he went to the event with Kristen to pick at James.

Scheana and Kristen leaving the table due to the smell of seafood….um ladies you needed to leave the restaurant .

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carter earned it.  What a crappy thing to take upon himself to bring up the Vegas stuff.  We are talking Kristen coming up with an excuse for another's bad behavior.  What I heard all season is Katie did not feel Tom had her back and Katie is huge into telling people off for "defending" someone else.  Someone she has some slight against. 

There's just something about Carter. We don't get to hear him talk enough to really see who he is, however in a couple of appearances with the Tom's on WWHL I get the impression Kristen wears the pants in that relationship. They said that when ever Carter is with the guys, he's constantly texting Kristen about everything they say and do. I get a weird vibe from him. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

It didn't look very exciting to me either, but I live in Florida and see them all the time. While I'm on the subject, you're not sppsd to feed alligators because it makes them stop farting people and they shouldn't be eating people food like that Wonderbread and candy they were giving them. I'm kinda surprised their guide didn't say anything. It was kinda funny to see Shwartzie getting ambushed with snakes, but it got old fast.

It makes them do what now???

Sorry I know this is a typo (I think!) but it made me laugh out loud for real.

• Love 20

Probably another hilarious autocorrect from Siri. I think "fearing" was the intended word choice. 

Oooooor, maybe it was referring to the gators getting terrible cases of wind after they eat humans....which may be an actual fact or something I just made up

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

There's just something about Carter. We don't get to hear him talk enough to really see who he is, however in a couple of appearances with the Tom's on WWHL I get the impression Kristen wears the pants in that relationship. They said that when ever Carter is with the guys, he's constantly texting Kristen about everything they say and do. I get a weird vibe from him. 

I don't think Kristen has ever been in a relationship where she hasn't been the dominant personality, so that doesn't surprise me. I agree that we don't know enough about him to really gauge his true personality, but that was a definite set up by Kristen for him to talk to Schwartz and approach the whole cheating thing. Kristen has sharpened her game, honed her crazy, knows where and how to aim it better. And she's added Carter to the plays and he's doing so willingly. Carter isn't the right person to do the confronting, but Kristen needed to get *someone* to get this story going, even if by just dropping the word, and Carter was there. 

I will say, I found it funny that Schwartz and Sandoval were all threatening to tell Carter all these terrible things about Kristen. This is one thing I really don't think they can hold over either Kristen or Carter, as I get the feeling that Kristen really did let it allll out with Carter. 

On another note, I absolutely despise how Scheana talks and treats Shay's sobriety. I mean, I hated how she made his substance abuse problem all about her as well, but she also clearly seems to resent his sobriety and her need to do a PSA any time Shay and alcohol are in the same room is ridiculous.

• Love 7