Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Man Tears and Braziers

• Start Topic

Kinda want them to show more of Kristen & Carter.  What is going on with those 2?  Has Cigarette Sally changed all that much?  Remember how she used to do weird shit like going thru every text on FI's phone?  Does she pull this shit on Carter?  Also, is Carter as nice a guy as he seems?  Or is he a serial killer -- like he looks (to me)?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, janie2002 said:

I dont know if anyone caught it but when the guys got to the hotel to see the girls, Ariana is playing her character and Schawrtz is behind her making a face at Katie while motioning with his hand like he was silting his throat. I though oh he thinks Ariana is as annoying in drag as I do. Seriously she needed to tone it down, it was embarrassing.

I think you really missed the mark on this.  That was Schwartz doing the typical bit from any comedy with drag where he tries to warn the girls that the dude their talking to isn't really a dude. He was particaping and playing along.  It was his idea after all.

• Love 3

Peter looked like the Mama in My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!! 

My jealousy of Arianna's gorgeous body was extinguished when I saw her mother. They look so much alike, except the mom looked like she was about 90 years old. Genetics aren't kind to everyone and Arianna's mom has aged horribly- as may Arianna. My hubby and his friends always joke about checking what good looking women's mothers look like.......

Carter is a woos and should go away. Schwartz seems mentally off. I bet Giggy is smarter than Brittany. 

LVP obviously scripted that conversation between her chef's. Pathetic really. 

I've heard the food at Sur is very mediocre-they probably should do a menu makeover. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, sturf said:

I think you really missed the mark on this.  That was Schwartz doing the typical bit from any comedy with drag where he tries to warn the girls that the dude their talking to isn't really a dude. He was particaping and playing along.  It was his idea after all.

Well he is a marvelous actor because he genuinely looked annoyed AF

• Love 1

I didn't think this could be humanly possible but each week I think I dislike these chucklefucks more and more.  And yet I still watch.

Is there anyone on this show who HASN'T cheated in Vegas?  Anyone?  Didn't think so. 

I know Kristen is crazy and she's a Vanderpump Tool but anyone - - much less Tequila Katie and Schwartzie - - having it out about one or both cheating on their bachelor/bachelorette weekend, three weeks before the wedding is probably not a good idea.  In fact, I don't exactly see how that's going to smooth everything over.  There's not enough Febreze in the world for that shit. 

We've all said it, ad nauseum.  But here's yet another episode that proves how ill suited Tequila Katie and Schwartzie are for each other.  They do nothing but fight.  They are both clearly miserable with each other.  Schwartzie doesn't want to get married.  Katie wants to get married, period.  I don't think she cares to who.  They are on their bachelor/bachelorette trip and they are sleeping apart.  This is not good. 

Maybe it's me but who thought a joint bachelor/bachelorette trip was a good idea?  Why do they have to take a trip?  Whatever happened to an evening out?  Honestly, other than the locale, this "trip" is no different than any other night out/weekend these chucklefucks have.  Same idiots, same drunken behavior, same fighting.  It's ridiculous.  And with all the SURvers in NO, who is working at SUR? 

Flat Iron's crying is getting out of hand.  Somebody give him a Midol.  

Back to the bachelor/bachelorette parties - - weirdest ones I've ever seen.  Female stripper for the girls?  Guys dressing up as women to go to a sports bar?  

To the poster who said that the Toms looked horrible in drag - -I think the alcohol bloat is showing. 

• Love 12

However coming up with weird process reasons for not eating a food is always going to sound stupid. It's like saying "I don't eat beef because I dislike having to saw through a steak." Someone is always going to counter with all of the dishes where that isn't a factor.

But maybe they are real, if odd, reasons. Back when I ate meat, I wouldn't eat anything that had a bone in it or still looked like what the animal once was (or whatever my admittedly possibly distorted idea of what it looked like before). Personally, though, I hate, hate, hate when people give a fuck why someone doesn't eat something or, worse, wants reasons for it. Everyone has a food or two they don't like; who cares? Countering with logic is not going to make an adult like a food they don't like. Probably any reason is going to sound weird to a person who likes the food in question.

ETA: I feel like running from the table as fast as I can if someone orders one of those blooming onion things. Gah, that smell is revolting.

Is the title of this thread a pun I'm missing or a misspelling?

Edited by TattleTeeny
REVOLTING!
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was surprised at how horrible the 2 Toms looked in drag. With FI shaving his face and Schwartz' baby face I expected both of them to be “pretty” – they looked older than Lisa Vanderpump.

Right? Schwartz, especially, is such a pretty man. NOT a pretty woman, however. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Scheana's super dumb reason for refusing to eat seafood gets even dumber when she's presented with seafood dishes where none of that is an issue. The oysters were already shucked and no one makes an etoufee with the shells on. If she could just say she doesn't like the taste, no one would bother her. They'd think it was weird. They'd comment once and then move on.

I get it. I've never developed a taste for nuts because my brother has a severe nut allergy. I really only had my first opportunities to eat nuts when I went to college. I didn't find them to be so amazing that I continued to eat them. However coming up with weird process reasons for not eating a food is always going to sound stupid. It's like saying "I don't eat beef because I dislike having to saw through a steak." Someone is always going to counter with all of the dishes where that isn't a factor.

I don't eat nuts because I don't like the mouthfeel (also I'm allergic, but not enough that it would stop me).  The most harassment I get about it is teasing over not liking the feel of nuts in my mouth.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

There's just something about Carter. We don't get to hear him talk enough to really see who he is, however in a couple of appearances with the Tom's on WWHL I get the impression Kristen wears the pants in that relationship. They said that when ever Carter is with the guys, he's constantly texting Kristen about everything they say and do. I get a weird vibe from him. 

I've noticed that many people we see on this show tend to end up looking not so good once they get a certain amount of air time on this show. I wouldn't be surprised if this were also the case with Carter.

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It makes them do what now???

Sorry I know this is a typo (I think!) but it made me laugh out loud for real.

Yeah, that should have been "fearing", not "farting". Darn autocorrect!

One of the things they tell us about the gators here is that feeding them makes them more likely to attack someone.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/why-you-shouldnt-feed-alligators/273205871

• Love 3

I just think they should leave wild animals well enough alone. Respect them. Would they like a gator coming into their house and picking them up? Probably not. I don't mind observing from a respectful distance, but damn. The shit I saw last night was rude. 

• Love 12

Amen, ghoulina! I can accept a boat tour for looking only, and am fine with the handling of animals at refuges that allow visitation, but attractions where some guide gets all grabby (not to mention swimming with dolphins, petting the chained-up tiger, circuses, horse carts in the city) need to stop. To be fair, I don't know if what we were shown last night was some kind of sanctuary or not so maybe their guy was more than just a boat driver? But also, using wild animals to startle your friend is not cool either (I added "wild" because my one cat and I try to scare my BF sometimes and I don't think he [the cat] seems to mind! Nor will he tear our faces off if he does. I hope...although he is only three right now, and anything could happen in the future, I suppose). 

I should add that I love animals and I do very much understand the initial appeal of these activities. But the cost to them seems too great to indulge, no matter how tempting.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I didn't think this could be humanly possible but each week I think I dislike these chucklefucks more and more.  And yet I still watch.

Is there anyone on this show who HASN'T cheated in Vegas?  Anyone?  Didn't think so. 

I know Kristen is crazy and she's a Vanderpump Tool but anyone - - much less Tequila Katie and Schwartzie - - having it out about one or both cheating on their bachelor/bachelorette weekend, three weeks before the wedding is probably not a good idea.  In fact, I don't exactly see how that's going to smooth everything over.  There's not enough Febreze in the world for that shit. 

We've all said it, ad nauseum.  But here's yet another episode that proves how ill suited Tequila Katie and Schwartzie are for each other.  They do nothing but fight.  They are both clearly miserable with each other.  Schwartzie doesn't want to get married.  Katie wants to get married, period.  I don't think she cares to who.  They are on their bachelor/bachelorette trip and they are sleeping apart.  This is not good. 

Maybe it's me but who thought a joint bachelor/bachelorette trip was a good idea?  Why do they have to take a trip?  Whatever happened to an evening out?  Honestly, other than the locale, this "trip" is no different than any other night out/weekend these chucklefucks have.  Same idiots, same drunken behavior, same fighting.  It's ridiculous.  And with all the SURvers in NO, who is working at SUR? 

Flat Iron's crying is getting out of hand.  Somebody give him a Midol.  

Back to the bachelor/bachelorette parties - - weirdest ones I've ever seen.  Female stripper for the girls?  Guys dressing up as women to go to a sports bar?  

To the poster who said that the Toms looked horrible in drag - -I think the alcohol bloat is showing. 

Even if Schwartz admits he fucked Vegas girl and apologizes to Katie, Unicorn and Rainbow Katie will never make an appearance and Tequila Katie will never disappear.

The one thing that I learned this week is Schwartz confessing to waking up in the hotel room with Vegas girl and slinking out on her.  SOS to Lala – fly in Vegas girl to confront Schwartz the way Kristen did with Miami girl. I'm thinking blond with a summer bod

I realized it’s the eyebrow area. They covered their natural brows with foundation and penciled in John Wayne Gacy Clown Brows. Don’t know why they didn’t just go with their natural brow/brow line – it’s not like they were Groucho Marx thick. The other issue was the foundation color chosen – the decaying corpse tone was hideous.

• Love 4

Years ago my husband had a warehouse in New Orleans.  He employed guard dogs on the premises.  When he moved his facility, one of the drivers commented, "I am so glad, the gators ate the guard dogs."  All levels of ewh and how sad.  As many times as I have been to New Orleans I have never once had any desire to engage a gator.  I won't even eat them, I know they taste like chicken.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

But maybe they are real, if odd, reasons. Back when I ate meat, I wouldn't eat anything that had a bone in it or still looked like what the animal once was (or whatever my admittedly possibly distorted idea of what it looked like before). Personally, though, I hate, hate, hate when people give a fuck why someone doesn't eat something or, worse, wants reasons for it. Everyone has a food or two they don't like; who cares? Countering with logic is not going to make an adult like a food they don't like. Probably any reason is going to sound weird to a person who likes the food in question.

ETA: I feel like running from the table as fast as I can if someone orders one of those blooming onion things. Gah, that smell is revolting.

Is the title of this thread a pun I'm missing or a misspelling?

I mostly don't care either. I think no one would ask again if Scheana had said seeing lobster and shrimp with their shells on reminds her of bugs and she can't shake the association. However, Scheana says she doesn't eat seafood because of all the work shelling and shucking it and then she was presented with two seafood dishes where she neither had to shuck or shell anything. I agree with her that it is sometimes too much work, but if someone does it for me I'll eat it. 

I think the title is a misspelling.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

My brother had a friend that stayed in a relationship and got married because it was easier than breaking up. Suffice to say they are not friends anymore.

Le sigh about Tom and Katie. They have all the warning flags of a couple who shouldn't get married. The irony is that it gets even harder after you're married. I digress though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Kinda want them to show more of Kristen & Carter.  What is going on with those 2?  Has Cigarette Sally changed all that much?  Remember how she used to do weird shit like going thru every text on FI's phone?  Does she pull this shit on Carter?  Also, is Carter as nice a guy as he seems?  Or is he a serial killer -- like he looks (to me)?

Kristen said on WWHL that she doesn't do that "weird shit" stuff with Carter. Take that as you will...

• Love 2

Thank you. LVP's ego is getting out of control, it's hitting Kris Jenner levels. I know she's an executive producer, but there really wasn't a good reason to be in this episode except to remind us how hot she is for her age and what an amazing business woman she is. Blech. 

It's already bad enough that the other cast members never get to fire back at her. She can insult anyone, but if one of them ever said "Jeez, Lisa is being an a-hole," it would never make the final cut.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Amen, ghoulina! I can accept a boat tour for looking only, and am fine with the handling of animals at refuges that allow visitation, but attractions where some guide gets all grabby (not to mention swimming with dolphins, petting the chained-up tiger, circuses, horse carts in the city) need to stop. To be fair, I don't know if what we were shown last night was some kind of sanctuary or not so maybe their guy was more than just a boat driver? But also, using wild animals to startle your friend is not cool either (I added "wild" because my one cat and I try to scare my BF sometimes and I don't think he [the cat] seems to mind! Nor will he tear our faces off if he does. I hope...although he is only three right now, and anything could happen in the future, I suppose). 

I should add that I love animals and I do very much understand the initial appeal of these activities. But the cost to them seems too great to indulge, no matter how tempting.

I hate all of the "attractions" where animals are caged or constantly bothered.  I have picketed and protested, and signed petitions.  However, I will admit to having swam with the dolphins in the bahamas a very long time ago... and I also have to admit that it was the absolute most thrilling experience of my life! I had a huge smile on my face and I was laughing uncontrollably.  I've never felt so excited (and I've done coke!)  Once I realized how terrible a life the dolphins have, living in that small area, being forced to play with idiot people all day - I now find it gross.  But I did love it.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Are you serious??  I love the blooimin onion!  I have not had it in years, but I still THINK about it, and crave it.  Battered onion dipped in ranch - omg!

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I mostly don't care either. I think no one would ask again if Scheana had said seeing lobster and shrimp with their shells on reminds her of bugs and she can't shake the association. However, Scheana says she doesn't eat seafood because she of all the work shelling and shucking it and then she was presented with two seafood dishes where she neither had to shuck or shell anything. I agree with her that it is sometimes too much work, but if someone does it for me I'll eat it. 

I LOVE lobster, and crab.  However, ever since someone said that they are the bugs of the ocean, I seriously cannot shake that!  I still eat them because they are delicious.  But I am grossed out when I think about it.  

4 minutes ago, Scootman said:

Thank you. LVP's ego is getting out of control, it's hitting Kris Jenner levels. I know she's an executive producer, but there really wasn't a good reason to be in this episode except to remind us how hot she is for her age and what an amazing business woman she is. Blech. 

It's already bad enough that the other cast members never get to fire back at her. She can insult anyone, but if one of them ever said "Jeez, Lisa is being an a-hole," it would never make the final cut.

Right - why do we want to see her at all?  She is eating food that may be on the menu?  Seriously?  And yeah I am sure all of the chefs want to marry her.  Ok, Lisa.  

• Love 4

If something more happened in Vegas with that girl, both Schwartz and Katie are equally responsible for addressing the issue at this point. You can't accept someone's story, forgive them, proposition them for a marriage proposal and get all the way to this stage in your engagement and yet still hold the noose around that person's neck and inadvertently punish them for what they did. Katie chose to move on with Schwartz knowing that there was some level of infidelity that took place in Vegas. She chose to move on even with the deep down belief that he wasn't fully owning up to how far things went with the other women. What Schwartz did was beyond shitty and grounds for most women to break up with him and that's on him. Allowing unresolved feelings to hinder the trust and communication in your relationship which only builds bitterness and resentment...that's on Katie. It's not Kristen or anyone else's place to address the issue with Schwartz. At the very least, you sit both of them down and tell them that it's an underlying issue that needs to be resolved. OR better yet, you actually follow the rare bright idea that Tom has and you see a therapist. 

Tom, stop crying. And he seemed to really enjoy the whole process of the drag experience, haha. Carter and Shay totally wussied out of the drag show.

I can't believe Jax peed on his dress.  

Schwartz was clearly drunk and out of line as was Kristen but at least Kristen has learned to keep her cool even when she's inciting shit, lol. It was interesting to see that when Schwartz complained to Katie, her first instinct was not to validate Schwartz's whether in his presence or behind his back when Kristen was sharing the lowdown with the rest of the room, lol. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I hate all of the "attractions" where animals are caged or constantly bothered.  I have picketed and protested, and signed petitions.  However, I will admit to having swam with the dolphins in the bahamas a very long time ago... and I also have to admit that it was the absolute most thrilling experience of my life! I had a huge smile on my face and I was laughing uncontrollably.  I've never felt so excited (and I've done coke!)  Once I realized how terrible a life the dolphins have, living in that small area, being forced to play with idiot people all day - I now find it gross.  But I did love it.

Are you serious??  I love the blooimin onion!  I have not had it in years, but I still THINK about it, and crave it.  Battered onion dipped in ranch - omg!

I totally get the dolphin thing--It's one of those things that, almost because it's available to be done, you trust that it must be fine; someone somewhere said so, so why not? You don't know stuff until you know it, if that makes sense. And what further blurs the line, to me, is that I have no doubt that the individual animal trainer people are probably as good to the animals as they can be. It's the bigger picture that is bad. And once you knew, you changed your mind, which is all someone can logically do. So it's cool that you did do it and loved it!

I do not get the onion thing though, haha! Since I was able to eat, I have hated them and can detect them in my food and even near my food (not counting, like, Doritos or something with a little onion powder mixed in there somewhere--mainly real actual onions. I will spit that shit right out. I routinely am interrogated about this too and also told that I would love someone's grandma's onion soup or something. No, no I would not and why do they never believe me?!

As far as seafood, which I no longer eat, it is indeed delicious! But also some damn hard work sometimes! I don't miss that part!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

If something more happened in Vegas with that girl, both Schwartz and Katie are equally responsible for addressing the issue at this point. You can't accept someone's story, forgive them, proposition them for a marriage proposal and get all the way to this stage in your engagement and yet still hold the noose around that person's neck and inadvertently punish them for what they did. Katie chose to move on with Schwartz knowing that there was some level of infidelity that took place in Vegas. She chose to move on even with the deep down belief that he wasn't fully owning up to how far things went with the other women. What Schwartz did was beyond shitty and grounds for most women to break up with him and that's on him. Allowing unresolved feelings to hinder the trust and communication in your relationship which only builds bitterness and resentment...that's on Katie. It's not Kristen or anyone else's place to address the issue with Schwartz. At the very least, you sit both of them down and tell them that it's an underlying issue that needs to be resolved. OR better yet, you actually follow the rare bright idea that Tom has and you see a therapist. 

Tom, stop crying. And he seemed to really enjoy the whole process of the drag experience, haha. Carter and Shay totally wussied out of the drag show.

I can't believe Jax peed on his dress.  

Schwartz was clearly drunk and out of line as was Kristen but at least Kristen has learned to keep her cool even when she's inciting shit, lol. It was interesting to see that when Schwartz complained to Katie, her first instinct was not to validate Schwartz's whether in his presence or behind his back when Kristen was sharing the lowdown with the rest of the room, lol. 

It doesn't count that Katie and Tom worked through it, moved on became engaged and are days away from their wedding because Stassi didn't have a chance to weigh in, and express her feelings about it and relive her relationship with Jax.  That is all that is really important about the woman in Vegas.

• Love 5

If something more happened in Vegas with that girl, both Schwartz and Katie are equally responsible for addressing the issue at this point. You can't accept someone's story, forgive them, proposition them for a marriage proposal and get all the way to this stage in your engagement and yet still hold the noose around that person's neck and inadvertently punish them for what they did.

Right! I mean, I assume that there might be heat-of-the-moment mentions of the "crime" and an adjustment period for both parties, but if you feel you can move on from cheating, you have to let it go somehow. And if you give it a good try but still can't get past it, then I guess that should be that. I mean, I know myself well enough to know that if I were cheated on, I'd never get that shit out of my brain and that the failure to move on would be on me at that point. 

FYI, the title of the episode (including spelling) came straight from Bravo.

I wondered if it was a reference to the crab cookout or something but then I figured probably not, considering there were actual men wearing brassieres in the episode.

• Love 4

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought Jax was being very mature when he said that something wasn't his business, and he wasn't getting involved. Good for him.

Arianna was the most obnoxious of the group this episode. 

I somewhat understand forgiving a person for something, but it remaining a little irritant, like a tiny pebble in your shoe. My ex husband did something that I was finally able to forgive him for, but the residual pain caused all his other flaws to be magnified to the point where I just didn't want to continue with him. It was a mental contract I made with him that he wasnt aware of.  Since I forgave him, I expected he would be better in the future. His mental thinking was that since I forgave him, everything could go back to the way it was before.

So Katie probably could move past the cheating if Tom would change a little and have her back once in a while. Tom's thinking is that since Katie said she forgave him, it should be as if it didn't happen. 

Once you've hurt someone, you have to be a better person after the forgiveness than you were before. I know it shouldn't be that way, but it is.

12 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

You guys.  I'm generally an Arianna fan/apologist.  But omg, I was legitimately alternating between rolling my eyes and cringing with secondhand embarrassment for her doing her cross-dressing act as that lame rapper/Justin Bieber wanna-be.  Lord.  Girl, just stop.  Please.  I beg you. 

Usually I find her annoying, but I found her sweetly endearing tonight.  I admired her for going for her character even if it was over the top.

And maybe it's because she's buzzed, but she also seemed, dare I say, invested in trying to help the Bubbas.

Ariana wasn't off blowing bubbles or avoiding people.  She was there and she was fun.  

I confess, for this week at least, she didn't make me roll my eyes once and I hope I get more of that Ariana.

Not cross dressing, cringe inducing but in an endearing sort of way, Ariana.  But the one who is invested in a healthy way.

I now get why Arianna fans like her.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don’t ever foresee Katie jumping ship. Now Tom on the other hand will bail if someone comes along with more money

Have to disagree. Tom will never be the one to break up because he won't risk seeming like the "bad guy." I work in family law and I've seen this a few times: a guy who clearly does not want to be married but who, rather than leaving, pushes his wife to the breaking point so that she finally walks away. The thinking seems to be that if he's married and miserable, his misery is her fault. If she leaves him and he's still miserable, his misery is still her fault because the breakup was her choice. If he leaves her and he's still miserable, then his misery is his own fault because the breakup was his choice. Can't have that.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought Jax was being very mature when he said that something wasn't his business, and he wasn't getting involved. Good for him.

Arianna was the most obnoxious of the group this episode. 

I somewhat understand forgiving a person for something, but it remaining a little irritant, like a tiny pebble in your shoe. My ex husband did something that I was finally able to forgive him for, but the residual pain caused all his other flaws to be magnified to the point where I just didn't want to continue with him. It was a mental contract I made with him that he wasnt aware of.  Since I forgave him, I expected he would be better in the future. His mental thinking was that since I forgave him, everything could go back to the way it was before.

So Katie probably could move past the cheating if Tom would change a little and have her back once in a while. Tom's thinking is that since Katie said she forgave him, it should be as if it didn't happen. 

Once you've hurt someone, you have to be a better person after the forgiveness than you were before. I know it shouldn't be that way, but it is.

That's totally understandable...but it seems like in Katie and Schwartz's case, the infidelity was just another layer to the relationship. Maybe Katie really isn't over it and chose to brush it under the rug because she really wanted that ring, but as both Toms suggested - this back and forth in their relationship was happening years before what Schwartz did in Vegas. It doesn't seem to be an issue that is deeply rooted in a single, big incident in their relationship - it really does seem like a case of personality and as different as their personalities are, it makes perfect sense to me why they're together. Katie is insecure and needs constant validation. She likely needs to be dominant in her relationship because of those insecurities. Schwartz is a total pushover - as frustrated as he might be with anything, he's more likely to have a moment and then quickly want to apologize and forget it because he doesn't like confrontation. He doesn't like being in the middle of confrontation with other people either, even if he isn't the star of it so he's likely to step in and try to be a peacemaker and clarify a point of view to help mitigate the anger that is being felt from one or both sides.

The problem in Schwartz and Katie's relationship is that it's often his wife that is in the middle of those confrontations because when she's drunk, she's loud and abrasive and when she's sober, she's cold and ruthless, and either way she's often unreasonable and picks and chooses when to apply her anger and nastiness towards people, including him. That's not to say that Schwartz is some saint...he obviously isn't but from what we've seen, Katie's rage is at the kind of level where I question when she has any kind of relationships in her life when she treats people like that...and that's just what we get to see on camera. What do those two say behind closed doors?

• Love 6

These messy party episodes are hard to watch but are living up to what happens in New Orleans. The city is so inviting to you letting down your inhibitions that people become amplified versions of themselves. I kept that in mind while viewing so helped me not be too judgey. That city will make you think you are doing it and it is doing you!

Plus we all know how this ends - they get married. I need to see the miraculous event that led to Katie's spiritual and emotional healing or I will be left empty.

• Love 3

Fair warning though I follow these people on their social media accounts and this trip looked more fun on Instagram. So I don't know. A lot of this could be drama fueled things for the show but the trip looked more fun in Instagram than what we see on the show. 

Ashamed to admit it but I do too.  It casts a different light on the episodes.  For example, Scheana and Stassi have taken a number of trips together and always look like they're having a ton of fun.  Doesn't jive at all with what we're shown in the series.

Kristen has cast her hook into a storyline to buy herself more airtime.  Good for her though, it's what we want to see!

Carter has been beaten with the ugly stick. Sorry to say this but his resting face is that of a senior citizen who has taken their dentures out for the night. Like he fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I find it very disturbing that he seems to want to be embroiled in the “drama” as much as Kristen. He really turned me off when he went to the event with Kristen to pick at James.

Ugh, I just can't with Carter.  He's a newbie to the group trying to insert himself into something that has nothing to do with him.  Exactly as stated above, his going along with Kristen to antagonize James?  I don't know any dude who would not shut that down, let alone partake and encourage it.  He's looking to be the next cast member.  

Jax in the bathroom trying to work himself in and out of his lady garments was classic!

Peter is just too cute.

The swamp guide bringing the gator into the boat was absolutely inexcusable!  

• Love 1

I thought the "real reason" they fight is because Schwartz "doesn't have her back," or he puts his friends first, or "the only thing [they] fight about is Sandoval and Ariana"? My point is, Katie points to a LOT of things as being the "true cause" for their nonstop cutting each other down. And if it's none of those things, then isn't cheating also just another symptom--not cause--of the problem? Perfectly happy people don't often cheat. They cheat because they already felt ____ and acted out in response to it. So the thinking that if Tom just admits it 3 weeks before the wedding that it will all go away is ridiculous. Their problem is that they fight dirty. They--mostly Katie--go right to emotional abuse. Finally you reach a point where SO MUCH has been said that you just can't take it back. So, I might be alone on this, but I do agree with Sandoval that Schwartz is an (emotionally) battered wife. These past two episodes he's been constantly "Bubby-bubby-bubbying" her to try to keep her from going off on him, while sleeping on the couch every night. Sandoval really cares for his friend and doesn't want to see him go through this--just like ANY female friend would do if their girlfriend was with a man who treated her this way. So I disagree with the assessment that Sandoval is out of line or fake crying, etc. He's a good friend--the best anyone in this bunch has. He legitimately cares about his friend--not just starting petty fights over who's allowed to talk to whom, etc.

And while I'm on the Sandoval love train, I'll also give him--and Ariana--some kudos on their macting skills. Those two took drag very seriously--even more seriously than comedy--and applied some major method acting. They did not break character! I liked that they had fully developed personas--cracked me up. 

Last week we questioned Jax's apology to Stassi and whether he has shown any growth. The fact that he stayed OUT of the drama at the end shows some growth for sure. 

• Love 14
On 2/21/2017 at 0:10 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I do see this marriage lasting for some time. I don’t ever foresee Katie jumping ship. Now Tom on the other hand will bail if someone comes along with more money. 

Where did the idea that Katie has a ton of money or pays for everything come from? I haven't seen them talk about it on the show. Is she from a rich family? Because they're both earning the VDP salary, and I don't think her 2-3 times a month working at Sur is really bringing in the big bucks. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, dosodog said:

Usually I find her annoying, but I found her sweetly endearing tonight.  I admired her for going for her character even if it was over the top.

And maybe it's because she's buzzed, but she also seemed, dare I say, invested in trying to help the Bubbas.

Ariana wasn't off blowing bubbles or avoiding people.  She was there and she was fun.  

I confess, for this week at least, she didn't make me roll my eyes once and I hope I get more of that Ariana.

Not cross dressing, cringe inducing but in an endearing sort of way, Ariana.  But the one who is invested in a healthy way.

I now get why Arianna fans like her.

I liked her this week too. She was just having fun. With everyone. She was even able to talk with Kristen and Scheana without being all haughty and condescending towards Kristen. She really seemed like a genuine, nice person this weekend. 

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, Juliegirlj said:

I think that was successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbuck's intention, but I am almost positive that chef was not saying "I want to marry her" while repeatedly slapping his hand on the counter and laughing.  I did find it amusing that successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks was pretending to introduce specials that would potentially be added to her menu, though.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, heatherchandler said:

I LOVE lobster, and crab.  However, ever since someone said that they are the bugs of the ocean, I seriously cannot shake that!  I still eat them because they are delicious.  But I am grossed out when I think about it.  

Lobsters are directly related to cockroaches. Bon appetite!

I did not realize NOLA has "murder tours". I wonder if they're similar to the "haunted Savanah" tour a friend and I took that ended up being a thinly-disguised bar tour?

• Love 1
On 2/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, ghoulina said:

I just think they should leave wild animals well enough alone. Respect them. Would they like a gator coming into their house and picking them up? Probably not. I don't mind observing from a respectful distance, but damn. The shit I saw last night was rude. 

Amen to this. Feeding wild gators is a big no no. They're naturally afraid of humans, let's keep it that way. See Disney. Some idiots were probably throwing scraps at them for years. 

Disclosure - I lived in Louisiana (NOLA) and my family has had vacation houses in Florida since my birth. 

If you want to feed gators go to the Alligator Farm sanctuary in St. Augustine. 

Sorry for the rant - it just really annoys me.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I did not realize NOLA has "murder tours". I wonder if they're similar to the "haunted Savanah" tour a friend and I took that ended up being a thinly-disguised bar tour?

NOLA definitely has murder tours aka Ghost Tours. I've been on a few. They're actually not bar tours unless you sign up for that specifically. If you're in the French Quarter though you'll stop a few times for drinks (allowed to carry non-glass outside) and bathroom breaks. They're actually pretty good depending on your guide.

I guess alcohol enhances everything, cause I'm never as entertained on the Ghost Tours I've done in St. Augustine (long time family home so been there done that I guess and more concerned about my dogs having a good time).

Relatedly - here's my tourist tip. Your dog and/or your baby do not want to go to the French Quarter....and don't feed the gators.

• Love 6

My take on the two kitchen guys' conversation? They saw themselves on TV before and wanted to see themselves on there again, so they made sure they talked about something they knew would make it to air. What better way to do that then talk about how awesome and attractive LVP is? LOL

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

My take on the two kitchen guys' conversation? They saw themselves on TV before and wanted to see themselves on there again, so they made sure they talked about something they knew would make it to air. What better way to do that then talk about how awesome and attractive LVP is? LOL

They are responsible for one of my most favorite moments, which is them celebrating and high-fiving when Kristen was fired.

• Love 15
On 2/21/2017 at 1:42 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Peter looked like the Mama in My Big Fat Greek Wedding!!! 

My jealousy of Arianna's gorgeous body was extinguished when I saw her mother. They look so much alike, except the mom looked like she was about 90 years old. Genetics aren't kind to everyone and Arianna's mom has aged horribly- as may Arianna. My hubby and his friends always joke about checking what good looking women's mothers look like.......

Carter is a woos and should go away. Schwartz seems mentally off. I bet Giggy is smarter than Brittany. 

I've heard the food at Sur is very mediocre-they probably should do a menu makeover. 

I had exactly the same thought about Ari's mom.  Actually, I did a Homer Simpson girly scream when they showed her.  Sigh, I felt really bad about that.  She seems like a very nice lady.  

Honestly, Ari's mom does NOT look 90.  My grandma is in her 90's & she may have skin smooth as a baby's toosh, but she's hunched over & uses a walker.  Ari's mom looked & acted like someone in her 60's.  Her skin looks typical for someone living in FL or a Sun Belt state, who may also smoke & drink.  Her appearance may be slightly jarring to see on this show, since the chucklefucks seem to have zero interaction with ANYONE outside their age group -- other than LVP or maybe Ken, once in a great while.  Sheesh, it's so limiting.

Wow, I'm noticing Britney is getting much bigger.  I give her credit she's OK with going before the cams in some sort of swimsuit.  A lot of gals would be too insecure to do that.  I would be.

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:24 PM, DeeReynolds said:

If I would have opened a box or a cooler containing a snake, I would have lost my shit. I am terrified of snakes. Needless to say, Tom handled it pretty well. I am getting anxious right now just thinking about that scene!

I laughed at that scene because I'm not scared of snakes. However, I then mentally substituted "spider" for "snake" and admit that I probably would have freaked the eff out --- and possibly fallen out of the boat!  So if Schwartz does have a legit snake phobia, then that prank was definitely NOT cool. 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, Kiki620 said:

Ashamed to admit it but I do too.  It casts a different light on the episodes.  For example, Scheana and Stassi have taken a number of trips together and always look like they're having a ton of fun.  Doesn't jive at all with what we're shown in the series.

Kristen has cast her hook into a storyline to buy herself more airtime.  Good for her though, it's what we want to see!

Ugh, I just can't with Carter.  He's a newbie to the group trying to insert himself into something that has nothing to do with him.  Exactly as stated above, his going along with Kristen to antagonize James?  I don't know any dude who would not shut that down, let alone partake and encourage it.  He's looking to be the next cast member.  

Jax in the bathroom trying to work himself in and out of his lady garments was classic!

Peter is just too cute.

The swamp guide bringing the gator into the boat was absolutely inexcusable!  

I'm not saying that they didn't amp up the drama somewhat for the cameras. Because that is their bread and butter. On the other hand, I don't think you can ever judge how a situation actually was simply by looking at a snapshot.  I'm sure even those having the most miserable vacations smiled for the camera few times.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:00 PM, Jennifersdc said:

NOLA definitely has murder tours aka Ghost Tours. I've been on a few. They're actually not bar tours unless you sign up for that specifically. If you're in the French Quarter though you'll stop a few times for drinks (allowed to carry non-glass outside) and bathroom breaks. They're actually pretty good depending on your guide.

I guess alcohol enhances everything, cause I'm never as entertained on the Ghost Tours I've done in St. Augustine (long time family home so been there done that I guess and more concerned about my dogs having a good time).

Relatedly - here's my tourist tip. Your dog and/or your baby do not want to go to the French Quarter....and don't feed the gators.

The Ghost Tour was my favorite part of my first New Orleans trip!  There was no alcohol/drinking during the tour

I admit I did an internal "yikes" when I saw her mom, too. Not that she is unattractive, but she definitely looked like she could have passed for being Ariana's grandma. 

But then I was wondering if her parents were together when her father died.  (also I'm not sure how he died).  But caring for an ill person--or simply just dealing with a death--can definitely age a person many year. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 4
On 2/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, zoeysmom said:

Ariana's mother is 63 years old.  Given her past as a domestic violence survivor and the fact she was able to support Ariana's love of horseback riding, cheerleading, and seeing Ariana through college,  I think she did a pretty good job.  She  hardly think she looks 90.  There are plenty of large daughters with thin moms out there.  The more important thing to take away is that Ariana respects her mother and looks out for her little brother.  Does one exile their parent because they didn't age well? 

As far as I know Ariana hasn't spoken publicly about her parent's difficulties but did seem like she had a close relationship with her deceased dad. I wouldn't trust the story put out by Radar about it. 

Speaking of domestic violence-Ariana's brother Jeremy has been arrested several times for it. I wonder if LVP knows ? I think he is working for her. 

My point about Ariana's mom wasn't that she shouldn't love or respect her mom- I just meant that Ariana is a bit vain, but youthful beauty is fairly short lived in some. 

• Love 3

Ariana's parents married had Ariana divorced, had Jeremy got married and divorced.  They were not together at the time of her father's death.

The story I read used multiple and then sited two arrests with both times charges were dropped.  Of interest to note, was the woman, the victim, had adult children, who were also involved in the situation.  Probably wise that Jeremy moved cross country.  Of course if he takes on a bigger role I would not be surprised if the woman flew out to California and confronted him, for leaving her with the cable bill or some other monumental slight. 

• Love 1

For the last couple of years I'd stopped watching this show but I continued to read these threads. I do that with a lot of reality shows. Thanks all to the wit and insight provided here.  But post election I've needed all the escapist activities I can find. Also, I just figured out how to find this season on On Demand on our new cable set up.  So I've caught up on this season.

And it hasn't changed, in the sense that these people make me feel good about myself and my life choices. I had sort of forgotten who Arianna was, and when reading about her filled in with a mix of the other cast members faces. She seems ok to me, sane but boring. 

Anyway, I've been sucked back into watching these clowns. So glad this community is here. I will be very sad when this season is over.

• Love 4