Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Finale, Part One

Anyone know when this is showing in Canada tonight?  My two local TV listings have it on at two different times and one says it's 60 minutes, the other says it's 90 minutes.  And the Bravo schedule on its website isn't showing it as being on at all.

4 minutes ago, Canada said:

Anyone know when this is showing in Canada tonight?  My two local TV listings have it on at two different times and one says it's 60 minutes, the other says it's 90 minutes.  And the Bravo schedule on its website isn't showing it as being on at all.

Does it air on Bravo in Canada? Lifetime says it is on here (U.S. CST) at 8 until 9:30. At 7 is a one-hour rerun of last week's episode.

I mean TV Guide says it is on those times on Lifetime.

Edited by auntlada
Where I saw the info.
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, auntlada said:

Does it air on Bravo in Canada? Lifetime says it is on here (U.S. CST) at 8 until 9:30. At 7 is a one-hour rerun of last week's episode.

I mean TV Guide says it is on those times on Lifetime.

Thanks.  Yes, for me anyway, it airs on Bravo here.  I don't know what's going on with my local listings today.

12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Izzy, "I feel like a giant sea turtle is controlling my face."

Well, that  speaks to a brain injury in her snow boarding accident now doesn't it.  :^) 

She's so odd. Is she the one sprouting the bean stalk out of her head? 

• Love 4

Ugh...don't they ever learn  to listen to Tim?  Because of this we are stuck with a green lipped, blue eye shadow, color blocking person.

I missed the first 45 minutes and couldn't care less.  No Molly...nobody to root for. 

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 6

So did they not look up close at the clothes so they wouldn't have to talk about how Hawwaa's hemlines were uneven and seams were crooked?

i guess designers should always do the same thing in every show. I would have thought that doing something different than what you've done in the past was pushing it, even if what you made was pretty, a word that is apparently akin to death for the runway. This explains why there are very few fashion designers I like.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Ugh...don't they ever learn  to listen to Tim?  Because of this we are stuck with a green lipped, blue eye shadow, color blocking person.

I missed the first 45 minutes and couldn't care less.  No Molly...nobody to root for. 

Agree with your first line.

And so happy to see the correct usage of "couldn't care less," so thank you for that. :-)

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

You didn't miss a thing. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I knew Tieler was done when I saw his clothes.  

Because I would buy every single piece he showed.  Loved them all.   Whimsical and sophisticated.  Rich, gorgeous colors.  Stunning embroidery.  And the bees!

I don't have cutting edge fashion sense, I'm 52 and I LOVED his clothes.  Hawaa's makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I felt the same way. 

Haawaa is going to win the whole thing.

5 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

This totally was not worth 90 minutes.  Could have been an hour.

P.R. And this show should never be 90 minutes IMO.

I'm done with this show after the finale. I can't believe Hawwaa and her clown outfits won. I think this was preordained anyway because Kelly has championed this girl from the beginning. I personally didn't like Tielers outfits either, the embroidery reminded me of old lady clothes. I did like some of his past designs though. 

Not really looking forward to the runway show but I'll watch since it is the finale and unlike last season I can't even guess who's going to win this. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I knew Tieler was done when I saw his clothes.  

Because I would buy every single piece he showed.  Loved them all.   Whimsical and sophisticated.  Rich, gorgeous colors.  Stunning embroidery.  And the bees!

I don't have cutting edge fashion sense, I'm 52 and I LOVED his clothes.  Hawaa's makes no sense to me whatsoever.

So of course she won.

That is exactly what I said to my husband - that I apparently have no idea what fashion is.  

Why can't fashion be pretty?  Why can't fashion be well-fitted, well-tailored, attractive clothing that most real people would actually want to wear in real life?  

I'm going to be woefully out of fashion if Hawaa's "vision" is the future of fashion.  The jumpsuit was cute, but I didn't like the color blocking on the back.  The second outfit was a rip-off of Seinfeld's "puffy shirt" top and the pink layered skirt we saw last week.

To be honest, I wasn't overly crazy about Tieler's collection, just because I am still coming off of embroidery and applique overload from Erin on grown-up PR.  But, I truly did love that blue coat with the bees - to me, it was a whimsical version of something that Jackie Kennedy or Audrey Hepburn would have worn.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

Unpopular opinion: I'm glad Hawwaa was moved forward to fashion week.  Maybe it's because Tieler's looks resembled a dress I wore to a formal dance in middle school.  So his collection did not feel forward-looking to me.  Also, it probably did not help that Tieler started the competition off so strong but it seems his confidence had waned towards the end.     

While I agree that Hawwaa's aesthetic needs refining, she reminds me a lot of Betsy Johnson.  Hawwaa's designs are often borderline: when not done well, they look completely nonsensical but when done well, they are amazing.  I can see why the judges wanted to see more and rewarded her the final spot. 

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 16

Bullshit. The show has been deleted from my season pass and I won't be back unless Kelly is no longer a judge.

Not that my personal opinion of Hawaa's talent vs Tieler's means bupkas, but apparently one judge forced hers on everyone, and that stinks.

• Love 4

What came first, the lesbian or the Justin Bieber?

As much as it pains me to say it, Hawaa deserved to go through over Tieler.  His looks would be great for a 2 year old or a 92 year old.  No one in between those ages.  That was some matronly fug, with the fugliest of fugly shoes.  In the ugliest shades of yellow and blue.  I got serious hospital/care home vibes from his clothing and shoes.

Do none of the models wear high heels on this version of PR??

• Love 18

I didn't have a dog in this race.   I find Hawwaa difficult to look at and her voice is harsh.   Tieler annoys me with his theatrics and preciousness.   I think it's accurate to say I dislike them both equally.

But I found it disheartening and unfair that someone who -- by the judges' own admission -- wowed them almost every week from the very start was sent home in favor of someone who -- by her own admission -- had been in the bottom four times.

Hawwaa's designs this week were pretty ridiculous; Tieler's were conspicuously sedate.   Each sucked in different ways, so it's not even like Hawwaa was the clear winner this week.   

I don't know what exactly earned Hawwaa her spot in the finale, but it wasn't her designs.

• Love 11

I am disappointed that Tieler did not make it through. He was my favorite throughout this competition. His collection looked cohesive. I liked what he was going for. I thought his collection looked more adult, so maybe that is why I liked it more. I liked that he did go out of his comfort zone and for the most part in this competition his clothes looked well made.

I have only been a fan of a couple of Hawaa's looks in the past, so when she was showing the pieces of her collection I thought it looked juvenile as well. I kept thinking it looked like tween clothing rejects. Hell my seven year old niece who puts together some of the weirdest outfits would probably not like Hawaa's designs. Gah, those overalls that she had in her collection were horrible. I kept thinking when the judges said that they wanted to see more from Hawaa that it does not get any better.

I think the show needs Tim to home visit, because when he was underwhelmed with Tieler's collection, at that point there was really nothing Tieler could do. He could not just go sew a whole new collection. If he (or any of them) had input from Tim, maybe he could have fixed some of the issues the judges and Tim had with his collection. 

I do not have Tieler, Molly, or even Ally to root for. I am so disappointed in this season, because I loved the first season so much. I was happy with all the kids who made it to the end last season. I do not have a problem with any of the current crop of kids' personalities that made it to the finale, but I am not wild about any of their design aesthetic's.

• Love 9

I dread that either Hawaa or Izzy will win. I'm not really liking any of the fashions this season. Last yr's group of designers were so much better. I'd like to see Chris win but that's mostly because I love prints and his snark.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I personally didn't like Tielers outfits either, the embroidery reminded me of old lady clothes. I did like some of his past designs though. 

I'm an old lady and thought his clothes looked old ladyish or better yet a QVC collection by Quacker Factory. I did like a chiffon stuff a bit.

• Love 15

I thought both Hawaa's and Tieler's collections were two of the ugliest collections I can remember ever seeing on any version of Project Runway. I would have been fine with both going home honestly. One on hand we have literal clown costumes, and on the other we have boring ugly embroidered old lady dresses.

ok the bees were cute, but that was it.

I'm rooting for Chris just because I can't stand either of the other two girls, they both try way too hard to be quirky.

• Love 15

zoinks.

Poor Teilor.  I felt bad for him.  He sort of lost his way a bit I think.  He does have a very sophisticated eye which I hope delivers him the career he wants.   I think there is room for him in the biz.  Not everyone has that eye.  But, he sure missed the mark on bringing designs that would inspire on the finale runway. 

I've always liked Hawaa's work.  It is on the sloppy side but I think that's because her tailoring skills aren't the greatest but mostly because I don't think she's really figured it out herself.  Kinda like Chris who said it took him several challenges to sort of get it.  

I think one reason I the Juniors do so well is that they still have their own imagination to draw from.  They haven't been inundated with commercial expectations, etc. I think Teilor, being a very mature kid maybe crosses that line.  He's been around enough, and done enough work in the design world that perhaps his imagination was a littled cramped.  Not sure I'm saying that well, and maybe it's pie in the sky, but that is sort of what I got out of this episode.

Also, it seems Tim was rooting for Hawaa over Teilor.  Maybe because Teilor seemed a little overly confident?! I could be wrong here too, but that was the vibe I got.  Kinda like Tim was ready for him to leave.

2 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

the first words that popped into my brain when I saw his collection were - nursing home chic. The blue coat had the silhouette and length of a housecoat, and the shoes looked like they would be perfect if you had to work a 12 hour shift on your feet.

I was thinking almost the same thing and my heart was heavy because of it.  I wanted Tieler to come out with a fun, vivid, sophisticated line and win a place in the finale, but when the model came down the runway, all I could think of was a nurse wearing one of her elderly patient's housecoats.  He made old lady clothes.  If he wanted to do something inspired by van Gogh, then he should have gone big with Starry Night, not..bees.  

• Love 16

I watch this show with my adult (middle-aged) son.  We agreed that maybe Teiler's (sp?) designs throughout the season were  good because he was forced to work within the parameters of each week's competition.  Maybe on his own, he just doesn't have the sophistication...yet.  Yet.  I want Christian to make him an apprentice!  He sure is a handsome and appealing guy.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, zenithwit said:

Unpopular opinion: I'm glad Hawwaa was moved forward to fashion week.  Maybe it's because Tieler's looks resembled a dress I wore to a formal dance in middle school.  So his collection did not feel forward-looking to me. 

I'll sit at the unpopular table with you.  Tieler is a sweet, uber-talented young man but that collection was 1980s grandma.  Seriously, I have a photo of an ancient aunt from back then wearing an embroidered blue housecoat and it looks very similar to his first look.  It's difficult to believe the same guy that designed the industrial felt coat and pants also came up with these clothes!  The simple shapes and the fact that he outsourced the embroidery really did him in.  The only way he could have won over Hawwaa with those looks is if she had done nothing but poorly sewn crop tops and circle skirts.

She pushed herself and came up with something unique, so good for her.  I kind of liked the jumpsuit and think if she had styled it differently it would have looked sophisticated.  As for the rest?  Who knows.  I agree with Christian about not really caring for her clothes but being intrigued by them and wanting to understand where they are coming from.  She's an interesting young woman and I like that she challenges beauty norms (something I've never been courageous enough to do myself!).

All of the kids this season have been great.  I very much appreciate their talent, their maturity and good sportsmanship, and their kindness towards one another.  It's wonderful to see these qualities being lived and valued, especially on a reality tv show. 

• Love 11

I didn't have a dog in this race.   I find Hawwaa difficult to look at and her voice is harsh.   Tieler annoys me with his theatrics and preciousness.   I think it's accurate to say I dislike them both equally.

But I found it disheartening and unfair that someone who -- by the judges' own admission -- wowed them almost every week from the very start was sent home in favor of someone who -- by her own admission -- had been in the bottom four times.

Hawwaa's designs this week were pretty ridiculous; Tieler's were conspicuously sedate.   Each sucked in different ways, so it's not even like Hawwaa was the clear winner this week.   

I don't know what exactly earned Hawwaa her spot in the finale, but it wasn't her designs.

What do you mean exactly? He lost by sending out such boring clothes that the judges had to pick her. It's not that hard to understand.

• Love 6

I liked Tieler's clothes but they were boring. And a few looked like he had just picked up some linen dresses from Talbots and sewn on some iron ons.

Tim was kind of like, see ya!

I do not care for Haawaa or her clothing but, when considering the runway, it is usually better for them to think in terms of "show" than nice and safe.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rose711 said:

What do you mean exactly? He lost by sending out such boring clothes that the judges had to pick her. It's not that hard to understand.

That's not what I mean at all.   They both failed this particular challenge in different ways.   Given that it was a draw in terms of suckage, the judges should have decided according to previous performance, in which case we'd never have to see Hawwaa and her crazy quilt aesthetic ever again.

• Love 8

Yuck.  What a major letdown Tieler's collection was.  Very bland, simply old-fogey styled outfits.  And I am an old lady.  But no way would I wear any of that.  And those shoes???  Wha???    I was so hoping for something totally different from him because he was such an endearing character, kind and polite and just sweet......versus.......  a strange, smug person with an off-putting personality.

Neither collection was at all attractive in my opinion and I just wish Molly had been allowed to compete for this final slot because I think she would have done so much better.

I also don't understand why they allow an outside stylist to be included.  Why could Tieler have someone else create embroidery for him?  Does that mean Molly could have had someone do her grommets? 

I guess my money is on Chris to win this mess.  If it is Hawwaa, I won't bother with PRJR3.

I really wish there was somewhere that posted each of the contestants with a shot of each of their weekly runway outfits.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Izzy, "I feel like a giant sea turtle is controlling my face."

LOL.  Ok, I thought she said "fate.". And I thought that was all kinds of awesome!  Not a unicorn, not a mermaid---a giant sea turtle.  Love.  Maybe I should have my head examined too.  But I can see how her brush with death can give her an especially joyous outlook on life. She annoyed me before I saw her family visit.  Now, I like her.

Hawaa's brother looked JUST like a mini Hawaa.

Happy for her that she moved forward.  Her collection was the more interesting of the two and I was really getting pissed that they kept citing her lack of sophistication and " juvenile" taste as arguments against her.  If sophistication is a requirement of this show, how the fuck did Erin and those ridiculous bananas WIN THE WHOLE THING?!  

Tieler is such a sweet person but, bless his heart - - I think I can find all of those clothes hanging in Cracker Barrel right next to the Magic 8 Ball.

Edited by absolutqt
Tieler, not Tiller. Stupid auto-edit
  • Love 8

Totally agree Tieler fell apart at the end with that collection.  I could see Van Gogh in Tieler's color pallette...the blues and golden yellow.  But then it stopped.  Those flowers and bees, while beautiful and vibrant, were not evocative of Van Gogh.  Monet, maybe. All of you who said matronly, old lady, boring...right on the nose.  It's a shame because I think even his bland outfits were better than Hawwaa's.  That collection only went through because of the weirdness and pseudo-shock value that defines the entire existence of one Kelly Osborne.  The PR franchise rewards weirdness...flower crowns, mismatched prints, midriff tops paired with voluminous multi-tiered skirts, wacky hem &/or waistlines... all get raves.

I didn't see a lot of the other kids' collections, but with Molly and Tieler gone, my pick is Chelsea, then Izzy.  Chris and Hawwaa's stuff just does not compute in my mind.  So therefore, one of them will win, right? sigh

• Love 5

I also don't understand why they allow an outside stylist to be included.  Why could Tieler have someone else create embroidery for him?  Does that mean Molly could have had someone do her grommets? 

Project Runway has always allowed contestants to use 3rd parties to do things as long as they could provide receipts and the cost of the outside work appeared to be market rate. Jeffrey Sebelia paid someone for leather work. He had to eliminate an item when he had no receipt. Kara Saun had to eliminate her shoes because they were not market rate. Others have used textile designers. And it makes sense because why should your collection be limited because you don't have the right equipment or materials.

Tieler is very talented, but he didn't push himself enough. As he was taking garment bags off, I kept hoping that there were more bags somewhere because he made a collection that was tasteful, polished, and safe. He made clothes, not fashion. Lord & Taylor could buy that entire collection with almost no modification and that's really a problem. There was nothing inspirational about his collection. The best that it elicited from me was "ehh, that's witty" or "eh, that's pretty."

Hawwaa's wasn't as well sewn and she needs polish, but it made me wonder how the rest of the collection would look on the runway.

When Izzy said she felt like a sea turtle was controlling her fate, I immediately thought of Avatar: The Last Airbender and the giant lion turtles that gave characters the ability to manipulate the elements and energy. Considering her age, she was probably co-mingling this with some sea turtle myths.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

So...The judges went for a literally clownish collection. All-righty, then.

Grab those 15 minutes, Hawwaa. Too bad Ringling Bros. is closing up shop. And yes, Hawwaa will win.

ETA: I think Tieler lost the minute he said he out-sourced the embroidery. I mean, what was left?! And bees are not new AT ALL. But I don't think his collection was "old lady" (I'm one) so much as it was the Talbot's set (as mamadrama noted above!).

https://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi41843&defaultColor=1979&N=0&Ntt=embroidery&selectedConcept=

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2
  6 hours ago, rose711 said:

That's not what I mean at all.   They both failed this particular challenge in different ways.   Given that it was a draw in terms of suckage, the judges should have decided according to previous performance, in which case we'd never have to see Hawwaa and her crazy quilt aesthetic ever again.

I see. I think at this point they chose by who will have a more "interesting" runway show. They should have used the past decisions weeks earlier when they decided todo this tie instead.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, auntlada said:

Hawwaa's going to win, isn't she?

11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I felt the same way. 

Haawaa is going to win the whole thing.

Unbelievable. There's something shady going on. I'm done.

• Love 1

My take on Tieler is that he put up two bad showings on the last two design challenges. The judges WANTED him to be in the finale but based on that white crushed velvet fiasco he showed in the last challenge, they couldn't give him the go-ahead. So instead they put him in a tie breaker with Hawaa.   It was like they gave him two strikes and were hoping on this last pitch, he'd knock it out of the park. But instead, he relied on outsourced embroidery to be the only innovative thing in his designs. Big swing and a miss.

I still can't believe Molly is out and the patchwork princess is in. But that's okay, I'm still routing for Chelsea. Mostly because she made a point of petting Swatch in the first challenge!

• Love 8