Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Chapter Three: Body Double

• Start Topic

This was easily the best  episode of the season thus far. Really liked the songwriting scene between Archie and Josie And The Pussycats, getting into their reasoning as to why they call themselves that.

I have no idea what to make of Cheryl, and I think that's a good thing.

• Love 8

Not that I disapprove of a story about girls fighting back against asshole jocks, but I think this would have had more impact if Chuck had been an even vaguely worthy opponent for Betty and Veronica, rather than a total meathead who didn't find anything even slightly suspicious about two girls who were pissed off at him mere hours earlier suddenly trying to seduce him in the house of another girl they'd previously victimized.  Granted, I'm sure there are plenty of jocks stupid and egotistical enough to fall for that in real-life, but as a story it's less interesting.

Also, I laughed at #JusticeForEthel.  There's a joke whose full context (even discounting the issue of hashtags) would be completely lost on anybody looking back on this show in the future.

I also liked how Archie's dad handled things.  I thought the parallelism Archie tried to draw between football and music was kind of misplaced (holding him back from a team he'd previously agreed to join affects other people), and I'm glad his dad didn't relent on grounding him, but instead took the opportunity to look into his musical aspirations as a separate issue.

• Love 4

Ok I really like Dark Betty.    

The one nice thing you can say about Alice is she can take a punch. 

I enjoyed this episode because Betty  and Veronica were off rampaging together and Archie was off by himself doing....uhhh something.

Still don't care a lick about Archie.  

We need more Dark possibly crazy Betty because she may be my favorite part of this show.  

• Love 6

Am I wrong for liking that Betty has a dark side? She was hot to begin with but she looked good with the Black Wig and apparently she has an alter of her sister! Betty and Veronica still remain the best characters more thoughts later after watching the whole episode

• Love 2

Loved the episode. I think the revenge story was so much fun, and the mystery is getting interesting.  But I really loved the scenes between the Pussycats and Archie. I am a big of seeing students coming together to do something they love. 

Are Chuck and Dalton comic characters? Dalton is a cutie. 

6 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I can not stand Jughead's end of episode narration.

Since he apparently knows the future, are we supposed to assume that he is recounting events and maybe be an unreliable narrator? 

Maybe the twist is Roseanne like. He's writing a book and what we are seeing is a darker edgier Riverdale when in actuality it's a normal vanilla town. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ChaosTheory said:

The one nice thing you can say about Alice is she can take a punch. 

I was SO disappointed that Hermione didn't take a swing at her when she insulted Veronica! THAT would have been a fun running gag.

Chuck looked hot. Literally and figuratively. Kind of a waste of a character, though, unless this has repercussions. I didn't know that the "keeping score" thing was still a thing. I remember some uproar about it when I was in school, but my school had no such "game" so far as I know.

Once we saw Betty in the wig and how she changed I despaired a bit that the show didn't just have Betty and Veronica be the same girl with dissociative identity disorder.

next week looks great:

Spoiler

I have no problem with the teacher/student thing as I've noted before, BUT seeing as it's a huge stumbling block for much of the audience, it looks like Grundy isn't the REAL Grundy, which should appeal to many. Not sure that it'll move the murder mystery along, but it will presumably make Archie available.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, memememe76 said:

Loved the episode. I think the revenge story was so much fun, and the mystery is getting interesting.  But I really loved the scenes between the Pussycats and Archie. I am a big of seeing students coming together to do something they love. 

Are Chuck and Dalton comic characters? Dalton is a cutie. 

Yep, everyone's a comic character even Ethel.  Speaking of that Barb you're alive and you are now in the Upside Down called Riverdale. This is what Dilton Doiley looked like in the comics. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0EzByyNYMhg6a82vhM4A

Crazy seems to run in the Cooper family, Betty's mother is a piece of work. She can probably take a punch because she's been punched a lot being that she's really annoying. I did enjoy Dark Betty, was Polly a fan of Pulp Fiction? That's who her alter ego reminded me of.

It looks like all those spoilers in the spoiler thread are true. Just in context they are a little better. 

• Love 3

Once again, all of the females and female interactions rock. It's the one main thing that is keeping me watching. Seeing Veronica, Betty, Ethel, and even Cheryl team up (well, Cheryl more happened to stumble upon it) was awesome to see. Ok, and Kevin, but he's honestly just a walking, talking gay stereotype so I don't really feel like he's a character yet. If we continue with Team Female Power, then I will be delightfully happy for this show. Even Josie and the Pussycats were great, and Archie got some great scenes with them. He's been so bland, but he seems to light up when interacting with Josie or with Jughead. It's nice.

I'm not quite sure about the twist with Betty being Polly, but I enjoyed seeing Lilli have fun in that scene, so I could be all for it. She was kind of badass and luckily it's a TV show, so it can play out our fantasies of seeing guys like Chuck get their comeuppance.  

I'm not here for clear Adult Love Triangle or whatever they're going to reveal about the parents. I love Fred, I'm neutral on Hermione, and I'm not a fan of Alice (which is almost complete opposite to their children...besides the Lodges). I'm just not interested in seeing their whatever they had in the past. I do think Archie's dad is pretty great at parenting. He stuck to his guns because Archie was lying, but also worried about his child's future so he went to his teacher to figure out his son's new passion. 

Man, Miss Grundy really is the worst, but it's refreshing to see the adult female be completely creepy and shady. I don't buy for a second that these two are supposed to be romantic to viewers, so that's a nice change. I wish Pretty Little Liars figured out the same message with their student/teacher relationship.

I don't mind Jughead's narrations. I think they're supposed to be over the top and written in the future, probably after the mystery's solved, so I'm just along for the ride and waiting for what new piece of information is revealed through his narration. 

• Love 11

Bitchy Alice is amazing. I could watch her needling Riverdale's society set all day. Penny Blossom threw hands at her & Alice was like 'Catch me outside! How bout that?!"

The men on this show are absurdly hot. Reggie, Chuck, Kevin, Archie, Trev, Moose. Even Dilton is a cutie.

Liked Cheryl and Betty getting layers. Betty is aggressive and darker but not insane and Cheryl is conflicted and bitchy but not irredeemable which works.

I liked Ethel. She reminds me of a young Sara Rue.

Enjoyed the Pussycats and Archie scenes. Josie & the girls have a lovely sound (loved Josie acknowledging that Riverdale isn't as progressive as one might think) and once again KJA lights up once he's away from the unnecessary Grundy story.

Betty & Jughead are sweet together. She's one of few who seems to be able to coax a smile out of his dour ass.

Faux Miss Grundy has got to go.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 7

I'm out.  I watched a few episodes because I was a fan of the Archie comics and thought this sounded fun, but outside of the names, there's no similarity whatsoever.  It may turn out to be an intriguing show in its own right, but not what I'm looking for.  To me, it's just another Pretty Little Liars.  And Dad Dylan McKay isn't working  for me either.

• Love 1

I think my problem is that as a kid from a small town... I'm not buying how sophisticated all these yokels are.

And the cops are currently so dumb as to be nonexistent.

I mean, how exactly did Betty and Veronica explain how they knew all the details to Chuck's fuck book without the fuck book being held as evidence for Chuck and the team's rape trial. Oh right, lets assume these warriors for justice were fine with Chuck being publically ousted from the team and made to walk in shame in front of the school as punishment (which in this litigious time wouldn't happen) after Chuck told his tale of being drugged on his date, chained in a hot tub and filmed confessing?

<Cutting a lengthy response because I wrote it and then suspected it would be taken badly.> 

• Love 5

Oh my fucking god, I can't believe that spoiler turned out to be true, bwah ha ha ha ha. For anyone who didn't go into the Spoiler/Speculation thread, someone posted a list of potential spoilers that sounded so whack that I totally thought they were fake, and one of them was that Betty and Veronica were going to try and boil someone alive. It was just so out there and it turned out to be real! Felt like I had entered the twilight zone or like I had taken crazy pills, lmfao. This show is nuts. 

I am kinda annoyed that the only prominent MOC characters on this show so far have been bad guys or antagonists. Reggie, now Chuck. Dilton's not really in the same league as them, I guess, at least he doesn't seem to be so much evil as just way out there, but he's still acting in an antagonist role for Jughead at least. Meanwhile the three unquestionably good guys on the show are white (Archie, Jughead, Kevin). I know Archie's actor is part Samoan, but his character is meant to be white. 

• Love 7

This show took one of the two major black characters from the comics and turned him into a sexual deviant?

WTF SHOW? Are you kidding me with that?  I'll ignore the obvious misandry that's fairly rampant through this show just because I think that these writers don't know any better.

Just wow. How many more characters are they going to sacrifice just to make Betty more "kick ass?"

SMDH.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Once again, all of the females and female interactions rock. It's the one main thing that is keeping me watching. Seeing Veronica, Betty, Ethel, and even Cheryl team up (well, Cheryl more happened to stumble upon it) was awesome to see. Ok, and Kevin, but he's honestly just a walking, talking gay stereotype so I don't really feel like he's a character yet. If we continue with Team Female Power, then I will be delightfully happy for this show. Even Josie and the Pussycats were great, and Archie got some great scenes with them. He's been so bland, but he seems to light up when interacting with Josie or with Jughead. It's nice.

I'm not quite sure about the twist with Betty being Polly, but I enjoyed seeing Lilli have fun in that scene, so I could be all for it. She was kind of badass and luckily it's a TV show, so it can play out our fantasies of seeing guys like Chuck get their comeuppance.  

I'm not here for clear Adult Love Triangle or whatever they're going to reveal about the parents. I love Fred, I'm neutral on Hermione, and I'm not a fan of Alice (which is almost complete opposite to their children...besides the Lodges). I'm just not interested in seeing their whatever they had in the past. I do think Archie's dad is pretty great at parenting. He stuck to his guns because Archie was lying, but also worried about his child's future so he went to his teacher to figure out his son's new passion. 

Man, Miss Grundy really is the worst, but it's refreshing to see the adult female be completely creepy and shady. I don't buy for a second that these two are supposed to be romantic to viewers, so that's a nice change. I wish Pretty Little Liars figured out the same message with their student/teacher relationship.

I don't mind Jughead's narrations. I think they're supposed to be over the top and written in the future, probably after the mystery's solved, so I'm just along for the ride and waiting for what new piece of information is revealed through his narration. 

Don't think Betty is Polly at all. Her calling herself Polly is her having an alter. 

48 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Aren't these high school characters too young to have the slightest clue to know anything about the Kennedys?

Yes, but since Kevin's one personality trait is "gay," that encompasses all pop culture knowledge from 1955 until the present. That character is really, really getting on my nerves and it's not even his fault, he's just so underwritten there's nothing there.

They're going to have to show us Polly sooner rather than later. I initially thought Polly might not exist and she was some kind of alter of Betty's, but there seems to be a lot of third party corroboration of her existence. Maybe she's dead?

• Love 5

At last check, it's been acknowledged that Polly is a real person who was dating Frank and who is currently at some sort of rehab or mental facility. People at the school like Cheryl and Archie have acknowledged that Polly was a real person and not a figment of Betty's insanity.

I am obsessed with this show. I really needed a campy, melodramatic teen soap opera in my rotation again. Add in the insanity and the mystery and it's like this show was made for me!

I was into the idea of Betty/Jughead before they even had a scene together simply because they're my two faves. And now that they have had scenes I can say that I am firmly Team Betty/Jughead. Love them together. Jughead has better chem with Archie though, but they aren't going to go there.

I loved Dark Betty so much. Lili Reinhart is really quite great imo. 

Archie came alive much like he did with Jughead in his scenes with Josie. I personally kinda hate Josie, but I really like how Archie is with her.

I hate Grundy so much. Every time she's on screen I'm just yelling, "Can she die?!" at the screen. Her glasses are so rage inducing to me. I really hope she's evil and that they're not going to try to soften her and make her actually in love with Archie and rootable.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I think my problem is that as a kid from a small town... I'm not buying how sophisticated all these yokels are.

I mean, how exactly did Betty and Veronica explain how they knew all the details to Chuck's fuck book without the fuck book being held as evidence for Chuck and the team's rape trial. Oh right, lets assume these warriors for justice were fine with Chuck being publically ousted from the team and made to walk in shame in front of the school as punishment (which in this litigious time wouldn't happen) after Chuck told his tale of being drugged on his date, chained in a hot tub and filmed confessing?

<Cutting a lengthy response because I wrote it and then suspected it would be taken badly.> 

I'd like to read your lengthy response.  These girls were not after justice, they were after vengeance, that's insane especially since no one's been killed.  Chuck being drugged and chained in a hot tub, sounds racist to me, but I guess that's okay if non-black women are doing it, right?

Josie said how racist the town is and those white girls proved it.  Wonderful!

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

I skipped the second episode but decided to give the show another chance and it really is a fun little melodrama.  I still think Archie and most of the dudes are dull.  If the show just dropped the makes from the show I actually wouldn't mind in the least.  

It is nice that the show isn't portraying Ms Grundy and Archie as romantic.  Still I think it is a bit weird that almost all the teacher student relationships where the teacher was the male have been romantic so I am a little perturbed at that. 

Archie really is a hot little dull boy or would it be more like dull little hot boy?

As soon as Veronica said that about "full darkness no stars" I knew Betty would end up outdoing her. Jughead's bit at the end about "light and dark, good and evil, Betty and Veronica" was interesting since the point the episode ended up making is that when Betty does go dark, she's worse than Veronica could ever be.

Betty's clearly going to end up being the one arrested and on trial for Jason's murder, since they've shown in all three episodes that she has major anger issues where Polly is concerned, but the question is whether she did actually do it. Since she seems to have an alter ego thing going on, it's possible. I wonder when Veronica will start suspecting murder. I liked how she approached Betty at the end, acknowledging that Betty came through for her BUT that they really needed to talk about what happened.

Yeah, it's definitely getting worse. 

This episode divided fairly evenly between Jughead (who still needs an actual human name, and some personality if they want him to be taken seriously. And he's still nowhere near good enough to be doing voiceover narration. It's embarrassing) and his bargain basement sleuthing, and the two girls pulling off the silliest honey trap I've ever seen, which required the guy who fell for it to be, quite possibly, the stupidest person in history.

Oh, and there's the ginger kid who writes songs. What's his name again?

The characters seem less human and rounded by the episode, which is kind of the opposite to how things are supposed to go. They might as well have just done this show as a cartoon, at this point.

And seriously? Fuck off with the tumblr pandering over the bit part character from Stranger Things. It's nice that the actress got another job, but leave it at that.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was so hoping that Mr. 90210 was going to end up in Ms.  Grundy's undies.  Anything to rattle Archie's little world where he lacks total respect for his father, and seems to feel he can do whatever he wants on his terms without consequences.  And, his dumb ass father lets him off the hook.

Archie truly is a rebel without a clue.  Does he honestly believe that Grundy gives a damn about him at all?  Does he honestly believe that he was the first student that Grundy has been with?  Grundy is only concerned about her job.  

I'm so hoping they can find a way to get rid of the Pussycats.  They are obnoxious, and their music sucks.

Aren't these high school characters too young to have the slightest clue to know anything about the Kennedys?

I really like the idea of Archie's dad getting busy with Grundy. She a manipulative user. I think seeing her with his father might be the only thing that would knock the stars from Archie's eyes.

I can't stand the Pussycats either, which hurts me as a WOC because I never want to see decreased visibility, but I don't think the Pussycats work.

I'm going to fanwank that the kids' know about the Kennedys thanks to Taylor Swift dating/stalking Conor Kennedy. He was in high school. She bought a house next to his grandmother. She asked his grandmother permission to date him. It was weird.

25 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

As soon as Veronica said that about "full darkness no stars" I knew Betty would end up outdoing her. Jughead's bit at the end about "light and dark, good and evil, Betty and Veronica" was interesting since the point the episode ended up making is that when Betty does go dark, she's worse than Veronica could ever be.

Betty's clearly going to end up being the one arrested and on trial for Jason's murder, since they've shown in all three episodes that she has major anger issues where Polly is concerned, but the question is whether she did actually do it. Since she seems to have an alter ego thing going on, it's possible. I wonder when Veronica will start suspecting murder. I liked how she approached Betty at the end, acknowledging that Betty came through for her BUT that they really needed to talk about what happened.

Betty is looney tunes. I like the speculation that she killed Jason. They made a point in the pilot to show her fingernails digging so hard into her hand that she hurt herself. She's dissociating. Unfortunately, her terrible mother will never notice.

• Love 3

I don't really understand what they are doing with the Betty/Veronica relationship.  Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it so far but are they trying to hint at the possibility of a romantic relationship?  I don't for a second believe the show will go there.  But they had the kiss in the second episode and Veronica looked more predatory then Chuck when Dark Betty was revealed.  I hate it when shows bait fans of homoerotic relationships.  So if there are no intentions of going there then I'd prefer they pull it back a notch.

I also share the frustration with the Archie character.  I don't think the actor is bad or anything, I just wish the show would give him something to do.  The music stuff with Josie was a good start.  But I'd also like to see why Betty likes him so much.  Maybe it could've been shown that Archie refused to take part in Jason's book or didn't know about it.  How was that not Betty's first question?  Was the boy I like involved?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I can't stand the Pussycats either, which hurts me as a WOC because I never want to see decreased visibility, but I don't think the Pussycats work.

The problem with the Pussycats is, they seem to be in a totally different show than the rest of the cast.  

It feels as if a point was made, "we don't want this show to be too white, so we'll just throw some black folks in the cast, but they'll have nothing to do with the main storyline."  That's how it looks to me.

• Love 10

What does "having an alter" mean?

I love the show.  I think I love Jughead even more than Veronica, but Camila Mendes is just so beautiful that it's a hard choice.  I read Cole Sprouse's interview on Vulture.  He seems uber-intelligent.

Veronica is a Latina character on the show by the way - Camila made that clear in an interview.

They are really making a show of Josie being preachy and the other 2 Pussycats rolling their eyes at her.  Taken from the comics?

I agree @Neurochick a lot of the characters of colour (everyone but Veronica) are simply peripheral.  And so far, pretty negative, except for the super hot coach.  Not only that, but they have the main gay character, Kevin, be simply that = "Gay".  He makes a lot of stereotypically gay remarks. He's there to comment on Cherry's boots as a total non-sequitur.  LOL.  

I'm definitely noticing that they're making a lot of the men of colour evil on this show.  I can't help but not.

This really reminds me of Blair and Serena (Serena versus Bad Serena.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I reacted in much the same manner---and I've always lived in cities, but 15 year olds are not that sophisticated ANYWHERE.

In addition to the Chuck Shame Walk being potential litigation, loved how Dimwitted "Chief" Keller interrogated a minor (being still the beginning of the school year, it's highly doubtful Cheryl has turned 18, even if she IS a senior, which we don't know for certain) about her potential involvement in a murder, without her parents present, let alone advised her of her rights. And that Weatherbie stood by and allowed it.

Also, HER walk of shame preceding, when all they would've done is called her to the office or gone to her house, anyway. Not paraded HER in front of her classmates. But, of course, B&V over their "prank" (versus rape book) get A parent to negotiate things.

And, of course, how Ms. Grundy's the town's statutory rapist, but hey....NBD, amirite? (and yeah, I would've loved her to tap Mr. 90210----however, girlfriend isn't especially hot and intentionally dressed like a nerd, so I'm not getting all the panting, anyway).

Also, while I liked Penelope punching out Alice (and I don't like either of them, Hermione's currently the only likable parent), that's assault, in a room full of witnesses---including public officials and (I think) the police chief.

JPC's song was awwwwwfullllll and Valerie is the only one of them I like, but I did feel bad for them having to perform immediately following that mess.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It feels as if a point was made, "we don't want this show to be too white, so we'll just throw some black folks in the cast, but they'll have nothing to do with the main storyline."  That's how it looks to me.

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I agree @Neurochick a lot of the characters of colour (everyone but Veronica) are simply peripheral.  And so far, pretty negative, except for the super hot coach.  Not only that, but they have the main gay character, Kevin, be simply that = "Gay".  He makes a lot of stereotypically gay remarks. He's there to comment on Cherry's boots as a total non-sequitur.  LOL.  

I'm definitely noticing that they're making a lot of the men of colour evil on this show.  I can't help but not.

4 hours ago, MV007 said:

I hate it when shows bait fans of homoerotic relationships.  So if there are no intentions of going there then I'd prefer they pull it back a notch.

These things really are kind of a glaring problem with the show. I love it for the melodramatic, insane mess that it is, but they really need to work on these problems.

• Love 2

The actress playing Betty is doing a swell job. Dark Betty is scary, yet I still want to give the character a hug.

I can definitely see her as Jason's killer. Maybe she followed Archie to the river that day, saw he and Miss Grundy getting it on, came across Jason and fell into a Polly induced rage spiral. I suspect it will be a lot more complicated than that but I'd be happy if Betty turned out to be ultimate light/dark villain. Maybe Veronica could help cover it up...

As for the hint of something more between Veronica and Betty I think that's just perhaps the show hinting at Veronica's bisexuality (something the actress has talked about maybe being explored at a later date). But they're definitely not going there with Betty (unfortunately).

I'm enjoying the show a lot because of its tone. I used to read Archie as a kid and to be honest it was always more fun to imagine a spiced up version of it as the original was so white bread. I feel like this show is delivering that. 

Edited by Misty79
Typo
  • Love 4

Every time I see Miss Grundy all I see is a librarian in a low rent porno. Her styling is just ridiculous. She's just so cheesy looking that I can't take her storyline seriously at all.

Bad Betty! OMG!!!!!! I love her more and more. I can't wait to see where her character goes next. It would be very interesting if she ends up being the bad girl while Veronica is the good girl. Betty is just not mentally stable. I just wonder if she realizes she's nuts or if she really thinks she didn't turn into Polly.

I'm still kinda shipping Veronica and Betty, even as just friends. I just like them together. Theirs is the best relationship on the show right now. B+V4EVER

• Love 4

I'd like to read your lengthy response.

OK. I cut it because I honestly felt I was revealing way too much of what life is really like in a small mostly white rural town. Here goes.

And I will admit to a twinge of racism - the black football player at a *small* rural school is openly allowed to have a fuck book and publicly humiliate a coven of white girls? Forgive me but unless he's the quarterback - and he isn't because his daddy made sophomore theoretically sixteen white boy Archie the team starting QB - in a predominately white town where the black town mayor got racist hatemail to where her daughter is openly chiding the white students, no I really don't believe the townies are all "well boys will be boys!" over this. Not over a kid who won't be going to the NFL. Kids in small schools like this is supposed to be don't get scouted and don't get scholarships to schools that propel athletes into the NFL. So no, I don't believe Chuck as a black student at that school would be allowed to fuck all the white girls and merrily spread around pictures of them as he publically slut shames them. The school athletic program isn't advanced enough to justify allowing him to wave his dong and buy off the parents, and small towns full of white people don't like black kids screwing their daughters.

This show would be better if it didn't present the non white characters in a weirdly whitewashed fashion. If Chuck was white, I could buy all the white townfolks winking and smirking at all the silly white sluts who spread for a jock, but Chuck isn't white. Hell, all any of these girls have to do in most small American towns is say it wasn't consensual and Chuck would be in jail.

• Love 13

Sadly, if Chuck wasn't the main guy doing the book, but was just one of the extras but ended up being the scapegoat as Juggy said, I think it would have felt more real, because I could see a bunch of privileged white boys letting the black kid take the blame to save themselves. Then he would have actually been a scapegoat, a guy accused of the wrongdoings of others. As it was, they made it seem like he was the one doing most of it which makes him not a scapegoat, which I could have sworn was the word Juggy used, and just a guy being punished for what he did wrong.

I disturbs me how much stock US high schools put in football (I'm from the US so this is not a country bashing thing, it's just, from what I know other countries do not give a shit about high school sports, they don't even care about college sports, that's a true American thing as far as I can tell), that just because you're a football player you get away with shit like that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Last Time Lord said:

He's saving that for when he decides No More Mr. Nice Guy. Perhaps when he's Eighteen.

And looking 35 as opposed to the 30 he looks now.

Look, my thinking KJ is hot aside, the guy just has zero charisma and he can't generate chemistry with anyone.  Further, and specifically the problem with the Grundy story is that he's 19 playing 15 and looking 30. Even in candids on Insta he looks 30.

I read a fairly interesting interview in Variety with KJ, and he states he is already tired of playing the high school jock.  He also says that no Americans and no natural redheads auditioned for Archie.  Perhaps the American actors knew playing an iconic comic book character on a low rent network was not a career starter.  

• Love 3