Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Fugitive (1) / S04.E12: The Fugitive (2)

• Start Topic

Episode 1 -

A mass escape of convicts from a prison van in the streets of Brooklyn sends the entire squad on a manhunt. The only key witness? Former NFL running back Marshawn Lynch. Meanwhile, Jake and Amy place a bet on who can bring in the most escaped convicts - and the loser has to move into the winner's apartment.

and Episode 2 -

With only one fugitive still on the loose, Jake enlists a surprising ally.

Two excellent episodes.  So many quotable lines I can't even start.

Ok maybe, "Don't think you'll win me over with your use of 'twas'".  "I 'twasn't."

Also, on a different note, AS does the schmoopy love face so well...when he softened halfway through the Miranda race he was so hot.  Also, in the suit and tux?  Delish.

• Love 12

This two-parter truly felt like two separate parts. It could have aired on different nights. It was nice to have two episodes to watch but that moment with Gina at the end was shocking and hard to watch.

• Love 3

The last frames didn't make sense to me (in more ways than one). After the bus exits the screen I expected to see Amy and Charles behind the bus, reacting. Instead, we get a totally different street scene where no one is aware of what just happened. I guess that must be the other side of the street. But why show that, instead of the reaction from the people she had turned back to face? Too horrifying, maybe? I do not know where they are going with this.

I know it's a weird thing to be focusing on, but it was a shocking moment that already didn't make sense. This felt like an alternate reality, Gina gets wiped out and everything changes. People just going about their business.

• Love 1

I was cracking up at Marshawn Lynch's appearance. After all of his "I'm just here so I don't get fined" press conferences, it was funny to see him so garrulous. I also loved his mispronunciation of pico de gallo and quesadilla. Sadly, I knew a girl who actually pronounced quesadilla the same way and thought it was correct.

• Love 13

I haven't watched this one regularly in a year or two, for sitcoms, I'm usually out after s2 at the latest, but my tivo grabbed this one.  One (two?) of the funniest B99 episodes I've seen.  Marshawn Lynch was great and Craig Robinson shines as always.  

There's a 0% chance 'Gina' is dead, with her husband's last movie bombing like it did.  :D   I'm going to have to put in a record for the next episode, just to find out how they don't kill her.

GINA! (I mean, to be fair she did say that she'd rather be hit by a bus than read one more of Charles's texts.)

Jake & Doug Judy are such a delightful pair, but I love that it's a once-a-year affair. At least I hope it stays that way. Also delightful: Jake and Amy and the entire ninja turtles conversation in the sewer.

Marshawn Lynch made me giggle. He was perfection.

• Love 4

My daughter and I fell have fallen in love with this show after binge watching the whole series over the holidays! We are bummed, shocked and sad about this ending though.  I hope this is still part of Charles' texting test, maybe worked out with the MTA from the previous episode.  It was rather a shocking cliffhanger for a comedy.

We loved Amy's 'cool, cool, cool' and Jake reading Harry Potter though.

• Love 1

I so love Amy and Jake together! I appreciate that they haven't made the whole show about their relationship because I love the other characters, too, but an episode like this makes me want to see MORE.  I will never not adore the way Amy appreciates Jake's silliness. At the beginning of the episode when he's doing something dorky, off to the side you can see her little smile and nod along with him. The camera doesn't focus on her reactions, but they are there and they are awesome. 

I definitely need to watch the episodes again, but how hilarious that even Hitchock and Scully are on the text chains and Boyle isn't. For some reason the fact that Gina was all over whatever ridiculous Game of Thrones theory Hitchock (or was it Scully?) proposed made me laugh out loud. 

Will Gina being hit by the bus be a Mean Girls fakeout? That was a pretty shocking way to end it.

Also, Amy trying to light The Towel on fire and Jake saying, "It never completely dries!" was so horrifying and hilarious.

• Love 3

I really preferred the first episode to the second. Although I like Doug Judy, and Craig Robinson is amazing, I really did not like Jake throwing all the rules out the window to team up with him. I mean, I get that they need an excuse to keep him in the wind and available to come back. But - and this was one of my major problems with the Captain Latvia episode - it's a problem for me when the show forgets that these characters are cops. Jake shouldn't ignore 600 people who had their cars stolen because he likes hanging out with Doug Judy - he's not a sociopath like Gina, or incompetent like Hitchcock and Scully; he's supposed to be good at his job, and that means that sometimes you have to bust the cool criminals.

Apart from that, I did enjoy these episodes. I was at first upset that they didn't give us a flashback to Terry wearing overalls shirtless i the '90s, but I should have known they'd come through. And I hope we see a lot more of him wearing glasses with that little chain.

I also really liked the text etiquette lessons for Charles. I know a lot of people who could benefit from that kind of training - I hope Gina's whole slideshow is available.

Whaaaaaaaaaat??? I'll be shocked if they actually kill of Gina but honestly, how can they get around that? She was pretty conclusively hit by that bus.

I hate when they take these long breaks. Is Pimento gone now? I can't remember what happened to him.

Fox must have felt the show needed some help by airing a two-parter on a Sunday night. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bethy said:

I so love Amy and Jake together! I appreciate that they haven't made the whole show about their relationship because I love the other characters, too, but an episode like this makes me want to see MORE.  I will never not adore the way Amy appreciates Jake's silliness. At the beginning of the episode when he's doing something dorky, off to the side you can see her little smile and nod along with him. The camera doesn't focus on her reactions, but they are there and they are awesome. 

I definitely need to watch the episodes again, but how hilarious that even Hitchock and Scully are on the text chains and Boyle isn't. For some reason the fact that Gina was all over whatever ridiculous Game of Thrones theory Hitchock (or was it Scully?) proposed made me laugh out loud. 

Will Gina being hit by the bus be a Mean Girls fakeout? That was a pretty shocking way to end it.

Also, Amy trying to light The Towel on fire and Jake saying, "It never completely dries!" was so horrifying and hilarious.

Yes, when Jake was acting out the scene from "The Fugitive" both Amy and Charles were just beaming at him.  They love the real him, lol....

• Love 5

Wow!!!!! I haven't been here since May 6, 2015, cus I lost the address. :( I looked and looked and could never find it! FINALLY I did. I am so happy! :) I will make sure not to lose the site address again! :) Anyway on to the episode. Loved it!!!! :) The end with Gina, shocked me and shook me up a little! :(   I was wondering if they are going to kill Gina off. :(

10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Is Pimento gone now? I can't remember what happened to him.

I don't know! :( I love Pimento he cracks me up! And I love Rosa and Pimento together!

2 minutes ago, Maya said:

Gina got hit by a bus?? Why? And then what happened?

Charles was debating sending a text, Gina said go for it its what you've been trained for, hugs him and walks away. She stops mid-street to read it, turns back and says good one, and then blam. To be Continued. 

• Love 1

There's an equivalent in How I Met Your Mother, with Barney getting hit by a bus. Just as shocking, but they were able to make it humorous... I guess it isn't a spoiler that Barney lives, but breaks just about everything in his body.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, sonyab said:

Wow!!!!! I haven't been here since May 6, 2015, cus I lost the address. :( I looked and looked and could never find it! FINALLY I did. I am so happy! :) I will make sure not to lose the site address again! :)

Just enter "Previously TV" in Google, and click the link.

• Love 1

I don't know what this says about me, but I laughed in shock at the Gina cliffhanger. I 100% believe that she isn't going to die, but that was such a dark ending for B99 that I really couldn't believe what I had just saw (even though spoilers said there was going to be a shocking ending).

I loved these episodes. There was so many great parts. Jake/Amy being amazing, the Holt/Jake/Doug Judy stuff was great, and I loved Rosa's dark past flashback lol.

I'm really glad that the New Year started right by giving us an hour of B99. I'm going to miss this show while its on break. 

Edited by betweenthebanter
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat??? I'll be shocked if they actually kill of Gina but honestly, how can they get around that? She was pretty conclusively hit by that bus.

I hate when they take these long breaks. Is Pimento gone now? I can't remember what happened to him.

Fox must have felt the show needed some help by airing a two-parter on a Sunday night. 

I don't think they aired it on Sunday because it needed the help; Fox is debuting their new show The Mick in B99's slot on Tuesday (it's why B99 is having a break).  TVLine has B99 as "a sure thing" to be renewed, which is probably why Fox feels ok with giving it a month or so break. 

I was not expecting Gina to get hit by that bus, but I laughed out loud when it happened. I'm guessing when the show comes back, a few months will have passed and we'll see Gina just getting out of traction (or in the last week or two of being in traction) and they'll get some physical comedy out of that.  The role of Gina was specifically created for Chelsea Peretti, so I doubt she was killed off. I think it was just their cliffhanger to go out on. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Deevee45 said:

There's an equivalent in How I Met Your Mother, with Barney getting hit by a bus. Just as shocking, but they were able to make it humorous...

They were able to make it humorous cus I laughed so hard. :)

1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Just enter "Previously TV" in Google, and click the link.

Well, when I was looking for this site, I forgot the name of it so I couldn't do that. :(

• Love 1

The ending reminded me of how a "Roseanne" Halloween episode ended, with Roseanne playing a 'prank' by blowing up the house. She dynamited her house, and it was never brought up again. The house was, of course, there the next episode, and the fact that it had been demolished was never referenced. That bothered me so much, it was so stupid and unnecessary and made no sense. To this day, it pisses me off and I can't watch it. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen here, that Gina being hit by a bus will just be dropped as if it never took place, but there is sitcom precedent for it.

Other than that, two solid episodes. Always good to see the Cadillac Bandit. Interesting to hear he sleeps with a fan on year-round, for the white noise. It's imperative when one lives in a noisy neighborhood!

6 hours ago, bethy said:

For some reason the fact that Gina was all over whatever ridiculous Game of Thrones theory Hitchock (or was it Scully?) proposed made me laugh out loud. 

"The little guy is going to marry a dragon." He did get along pretty well with those dragons in the dungeon.

ITA. A grey towel that came with the apartment, it never fully dries, and Jake calls it "Towel." Gross and hilarious.

I really loved these eps, and thank god for my DVR because I had no idea B99 was on last night. 

Jake being so excited about the all the cool stuff in the Homeland Security mobile command vehicle was great. Three perps in the three-perp holding cell. Hee. 

Holt and Rosa trying to communicate with the woman witness was so funny.

Holt: Where… were you… bbbbornnnnn?
Rosa: What are you miming there, sir?
Holt: A child tying his tie. I'm trying to do a simple half-windsor so she knows I'm a baby.

I love that the big circle with the little circles in it really could have meant that she needed to go to the bathroom. Loved Holt saying, "We get it. You have a bum tum."

Craig Robinson is so funny in this show. Committing 'dog fraud' -- "I sold the guy a fake Pekinese. Twas a cat."

His and Jake's theme song was so bad, esp Jake's contributions, but I loved that Doug always seemed to like them. 

So many great jokes and lines. 

As for the ending... Wow. I have no idea what the writers have planned, but that was weird.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 9

I didn't get Terry's point about wanting Jake to win the competition so that he would have his own space.  How would sharing Gina's former small studio apartment with Amy leave Jake his own space? He'd be better off moving in with Amy and keeping his apartment as a retreat.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I love that the big circle with the little circles in it really could have meant that she needed to go to the bathroom.

Hahahahaha. When she went to the bathroom, I thought the picture she made, was the seat on the toilet! Hahahaha.

9 hours ago, pastafarian said:

I haven't watched this one regularly in a year or two, for sitcoms, I'm usually out after s2 at the latest, but my tivo grabbed this one.  One (two?) of the funniest B99 episodes I've seen.  Marshawn Lynch was great and Craig Robinson shines as always.  

There's a 0% chance 'Gina' is dead, with her husband's last movie bombing like it did.  :D   I'm going to have to put in a record for the next episode, just to find out how they don't kill her.

You'll be waiting for a couple months. It's on break until after The Mick ends.

• Love 1

I only watched Part 1 last night before switching to Sherlock but I loved it. Jake and Amy geeking out over Harry Potter books was adorable. Also loved the montage with Marshawn Lynch and Rosa's increasing disappointment.

I love how Holt has started to just let Peralta feed him the lines Jake wants him to say. I can't even remember what it was this episode, but Jake was setting him up, Holt was not giving him what he wanted, Jake said "Say: ___" and Holt said it.

• Love 1

Well, I did not see that coming at all, even though I totally forgot Gina said something along the lines of rather being hit by a bus then Boyle joining their group text.  That was a surprisingly dark cliffhanger for this show.  I really doubt she will die unless Chelsea Perretti wants off the show for some reason, but I have to imagine she'll be bed ridden or in a complete bodycast, unless this show really goes into fantasy territory.

Loved both of these episode.  The first reminded me a lot of the Season One's "The Bet", and I enjoy how being in a romance doesn't stop Jake and Amy's competitive streak.  I loved them both finding ways to keep one-upping one another, even though I figured early on Amy would win, because there is a lot of things I'm willing to handwave with comedy, but I can't see any way Amy would ever allow herself to live in Jake's craphole apartment, and their relationship wouldn't suffer for it.  I also loved that even found a way for Boyle to actually be on her side, although Terry's reasonings to back Jake were lacking.  But I just love the Jake/Amy pairing and their relationship.  Amy's giddiness over Jake reading the Harry Potter books (which, considering he claimed he only read seven books in his life is impressive), was perfect.  As was her "Duh!" reaction to Jake talking about the ninja turtles while in the sewer.  Melissa Fumero is so damn adorable.

The Marshawn Lynch cameo was OK, I guess, but the best parts where easily Holt and Rosa's reactions to his rambling, and him in particular.  If I had to go with a Seahawk though, I would have probably preferred Richard Sherman.

Always up for a Doug Judy appearance!  Interesting that he fully helps them in the end, and has now been pardon for his crimes.  As Jake hints at though, I have a feeling he'll fall back into crime somehow, and they'll be at it again.  He strikes me as someone who just can't resist the temptation.  I'm disappointed he didn't get to interact with Rosa again, but Holt being put alongside the duo was great.  I love how much angrier he got after all of their antics.

Of course, Jake would have Tommy Lee Jones' monologue from The Fugitive memorized.  It's probably right behind Die Hard was one of his favorite films.

He wasn't on there for too long, but that was totally Skinny Pete from Breaking Bad as Doug's foster brother!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

I love how Holt has started to just let Peralta feed him the lines Jake wants him to say. I can't even remember what it was this episode, but Jake was setting him up, Holt was not giving him what he wanted, Jake said "Say: ___" and Holt said it.

He wanted him to say "I don't care" during The Fugitive bit, after Jake said, "I didn't kill my wife!"

Later on Holt wasn't so accommodating when Jake wanted reassurance, haha.

18 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't think they aired it on Sunday because it needed the help; Fox is debuting their new show The Mick in B99's slot on Tuesday (it's why B99 is having a break).  TVLine has B99 as "a sure thing" to be renewed, which is probably why Fox feels ok with giving it a month or so break. 

15 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I really loved these eps, and thank god for my DVR because I had no idea B99 was on last night. 

We stumbled upon the episodes just for surfing, and then after finding out they weren't repeats and not only new but "Winter Finales". Seeing how much "The Mick" was being promoted, as well as B99 getting shown on and off this Fall, this is making me nervous how much backing B99 is getting. Hopefully, it won't get shifted to Friday nights without notice.

That said, NutmegsMom is convinced Gina is going to get killed off, and I have to assure her that she's not going anywhere.

9 hours ago, possibilities said:

The perfect part is that Holt was saying he didn't care while saying the line "I don't care."

6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Well, I did not see that coming at all, even though I totally forgot Gina said something along the lines of rather being hit by a bus then Boyle joining their group text.  That was a surprisingly dark cliffhanger for this show.  I really doubt she will die unless Chelsea Perretti wants off the show for some reason, but I have to imagine she'll be bed ridden or in a complete bodycast, unless this show really goes into fantasy territory.

I'd also forgotten about Gina's remark about being hit by a bus. And I don't think there's any way she was killed because that's too dark for all the characters to deal with and for the show to continue on. I can easily picture her in a full body cast.

He wasn't on there for too long, but that was totally Skinny Pete from Breaking Bad as Doug's foster brother!

Really? I'll have to rewatch because I didn't notice.

I'm not a big football fan, so I wasn't sure who Marshawn Lynch was, though I'd heard the name. I needed to be reminded of his press conferences to really get the joke. Still, I thought he was very good for a non-actor. He was natural and funny.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

Actually Holt didn't do that, which is what made the bit so funny to me. Jake did the whole Fugitive setup, which would require Holt to deliver Tommy Lee Jones's "I don't care" as the capper. But Holt genuinely didn't care about any of that, and said so. So by ignoring Jake, he accidentally completed the bit.

• Love 3

I'm not a big football fan, so I wasn't sure who Marshawn Lynch was, though I'd heard the name. I needed to be reminded of his press conferences to really get the joke. Still, I thought he was very good for a non-actor. He was natural and funny.

Marshawn Lynch Superbowl Press Conference

I wasn't a big fan of these episodes. They did have some funny moments. And, I did enjoy the back story behind Rosa's "Parkour!" ability.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The Marshawn Lynch cameo was OK, I guess, but the best parts where easily Holt and Rosa's reactions to his rambling, and him in particular.  If I had to go with a Seahawk though, I would have probably preferred Richard Sherman.

But Marshawn is now a former Seahawk and has lots of time to pursue his passions in life.  Richard Sherman still has to suit up and play by their rules.

The funniest thing was Rosa saying that Marshawn Lynch was her spirit animal.  And then he just wouldn't shut up.

• Love 2
On 1/2/2017 at 3:38 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I didn't get Terry's point about wanting Jake to win the competition so that he would have his own space.  How would sharing Gina's former small studio apartment with Amy leave Jake his own space? He'd be better off moving in with Amy and keeping his apartment as a retreat.

Yeah, Boyle's apartment being near Amy's was a great way to get him to work against Jake, but in doing that they had to come up with a weak reason why Terry would want Jake to win.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The Marshawn Lynch cameo was OK, I guess, but the best parts where easily Holt and Rosa's reactions to his rambling, and him in particular.  If I had to go with a Seahawk though, I would have probably preferred Richard Sherman.

But the joke would only work with Lynch, since his fame to non-football watchers was his never-ending battle with the press over his refusal to talk to them.  Seeing Lynch revealed to be  loquacious rather than  taciturn was the joke, that and Rosa's comment about never meeting your heroes because they will be revealed to be nice.  

• Love 10

Any episodes with Jake and Amy getting their flirt on is a win for me. Especially competitive flirting, like in this episode. Jake's towel made me shudder, though. I can't imagine how Amy wouldn't just insist that she is never, ever moving into his apartment.

Amy being so thrilled that Jake was reading the Harry Potter books was cute, and nice that Jake is actually expanding his horizons and branching out (he'd only ever read fifteen books, as of season 1).

I liked the Amy and Charles pairing, and Charles' romantic fantasy about Jake fighting with Amy and heading over to his with a bottle of wine, to chat. Not so sure about him using the thermal cameras to check that Amy was ovulating, but I guess along with his advice to Jake about the position Amy should adopt after sex to ensure pregnancy, he's got his interests.

The Marshawn Lynch thing did nothing for me, because I do not like him. I guess he's buddies with someone involved in the show, because he certainly wasn't here because of his natural comedic ability. The gag might have worked if he was actually funny.

It was great to see the Pontiac Bandit again. He's always great fun as Jake's nemesis/potential bestie. And the show doesn't overdo it, like so many would when they stumbled onto a popular guest character. Holt being so annoyed with their antics was a new, fun twist.

"Remember how furious you were that time your sister ended an email with 'thx' instead of 'thanks'?"

"Why would you bring that up?"

Yes, I can see how that would be upsetting, Captain Holt.

As for Gina at the end? She won't be dead. I don't get that lucky. If I did, Pimento would have been standing next to her. I imagine they'll just have Chelsea Peretti doing a full body cast schtick for a couple of episodes.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

But the joke would only work with Lynch, since his fame to non-football watchers was his never-ending battle with the press over his refusal to talk to them.  Seeing Lynch revealed to be  loquacious rather than  taciturn was the joke, that and Rosa's comment about never meeting your heroes because they will be revealed to be nice.  

Exactly. Richard Sherman being talkative would have surprised exactly no one :)

1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

Not so sure about him using the thermal cameras to check that Amy was ovulating

Don't ask me why I know this (long story), but women have lower basal body temperatures at ovulation than at other times of their cycle. Of course, if they're running around in raid gear that subtlety would be totally impossible to discern even with a digital thermometer, but this is Charles Boyle we're talking about here, LOL

Do we know why Doug Judy's FOSTER brother had the same last name? Did I miss something? 

Love Doug Judy and enjoyed Marshawn Lynch. I don't know what to think about Gina and the bus. I don't care for the character, but I think her dying would upset the dynamic. 

• Love 1

The whole joke went right over my head. Don't follow football at all, had no idea who the guy was.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:28 AM, bethy said:

I will never not adore the way Amy appreciates Jake's silliness. 

Their relationship works because they appreciate the quirks of the other.  That's what puts this show miles ahead of others, including Parks and Recreation.

13 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

Do we know why Doug Judy's FOSTER brother had the same last name? Did I miss something? 

It could be that they both took the name of their foster parent.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:34 AM, iMonrey said:

The whole joke went right over my head. Don't follow football at all, had no idea who the guy was.

While I don't watch sports and wouldn't know Lynch from Adam, they did explain it in-show so I got the joke. I understood there was a celebrity witness who Rosa admired and wanted to meet because he never talked, yet he rambled on and on. (I'm sure it was funnier to someone who knows the story.)

Every time he said quesa-DILL-a, I cringed.

• Love 4