Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Fugitive (1) / S04.E12: The Fugitive (2)

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Canada said:

I can't believe this awesomeness is being put on hold for the pile of shit that is The Mick. 

Well, this is the same world where Andre Braugher loses awards to Louie Anderson because he put on a wig, a dress and lipstick.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Moose Andsquirrel said:

Did they forget that Jake is living in Gina's old apartment?  We've seen it.  It's nothing special,  but it's not a total shithole.

It could well be a shithole after Jake has been living in it for two years. A shithole full of massage chairs.

I'm glad that Jake made the choice of letting Amy win, because he would have a much easier time adapting to her apartment than she would to his. And I like that the show is able to use this competitive edge to their relationship, but cap it neatly with them realising that winning isn't as important as making each other happy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Moose Andsquirrel said:

Did they forget that Jake is living in Gina's old apartment?  We've seen it.  It's nothing special,  but it's not a total shithole.

Well, when we saw Jake in his grandmothers apartment, he left it a mess - clothes everywhere, the tub was filled with his mail, etc. So I could see him having a very messy place, plus by Gina's own admission, it's in a rough place (Gina got robbed, plus she mentions that it's in a not-so-great neighborhood in the ep where Gina and Jake switch apts). The only thing that didn't click was the towel, because I really doubt Gina would've left some nasty towel in her place. It made for a great joke though. 

Though, to your point, there have been occasions where they've played a little fast and loose with continuity.  For example, we had an entire storyline about Boyle being sterile, but in the episode where Terry gets a vasectomy, right at the beginning, Boyle says he had one and gives Terry advice on the pain aspect. 

• Love 2
On 1/5/2017 at 1:18 AM, MischaMouse said:

Do we know why Doug Judy's FOSTER brother had the same last name? Did I miss something? 

Love Doug Judy and enjoyed Marshawn Lynch. I don't know what to think about Gina and the bus. I don't care for the character, but I think her dying would upset the dynamic. 

I don't think he had the last name Judy, the squad just called him that because it was easier. Holt did use his full name earlier in the episode. 

I'm sure Gina survives, I have a feeling Chelsea Peretti is pregnant and it would be an easy reason for Gina to be bed ridden or missing for an episode or two. It was a weird ending but I've watched Mean Girls too many times for a hit by a bus to phase me.

4 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

The only thing that didn't click was the towel, because I really doubt Gina would've left some nasty towel in her place. It made for a great joke though. 

Gina's not a slob, but I don't think she's as meticulous as Amy. Maybe it was an old towel she used for cleaning that got left under a sink?

1 hour ago, Rockstar99435 said:

Maybe it was an old towel she used for cleaning that got left under a sink?

How do you spell that sound a person makes while dry heaving in disgust?

Seriously, I hope Amy finds a way to get Jake clean before she touches him or lets him get into their shared bed. I have wondered, ever since his old bathtub was full of mail, how and or if the man ever showers. It's not even funny to me, it's just... [un-spellable revulsion noises].

• Love 1

I have a friend who never showers at home (showers at the athletic club) and cleans his tub/shower about 4 times a year - he says when it gets dusty!  And full confession - I have a shower curtain the former owner of my house left behind.  But it totally matches the tile in the guest bathroom!  I did wash it and put up a new liner though.  I'm not an animal :) Of course, a shower curtain doesn't touch the body.  If someone left a towel in my bathroom?  I'd be losing my lunch as I - fully gloved - stuffed it in a trash bag.  Then the bathroom would require lots and lots of bleach. 

Edited by Calvada
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2017 at 2:35 AM, snarktini said:

The last frames didn't make sense to me (in more ways than one). After the bus exits the screen I expected to see Amy and Charles behind the bus, reacting. Instead, we get a totally different street scene where no one is aware of what just happened. I guess that must be the other side of the street. But why show that, instead of the reaction from the people she had turned back to face? Too horrifying, maybe? I do not know where they are going with this.

I know it's a weird thing to be focusing on, but it was a shocking moment that already didn't make sense. This felt like an alternate reality, Gina gets wiped out and everything changes. People just going about their business.

Actually, it looked to me like the woman across the street was heaving, as if what she saw was so horrible she's throwing up.

On 1/2/2017 at 3:57 PM, DXD526 said:

Other than that, two solid episodes. Always good to see the Cadillac Bandit. Interesting to hear he sleeps with a fan on year-round, for the white noise. It's imperative when one lives in a noisy neighborhood!

I live in a quiet neighborhood but use a fan all year round too.  It also helps regulate temperature as well as sound.