Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Birth video.  (Warning:  There is some JimBob in this.)

Musings:

Austin seems like a good dad, letting the kids jump all over him.

Joy still enjoys the dirty-sole look.  (Check out the bottom of her feet in the bed.)

Michelle looks good in this video.  Different make-up?  Weight gain?  Her's hair's pulled back which definitely makes a difference.

JB says they now have 15 boys and 15 girls (and Katy will be the tie-breaker).  

Michelle does look good. 

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Pickles commented that Abby is seen in the video working in this hospital. And Joy says her sister in law works there

Shorts, sleeveless tops, and now a working for a real employer in-law!?  What's next someone going Methodist?

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Another case of posting a video where there should have been some thought put into it regarding other people.
Too late now.

Right - what about all of the other strangers in their videos that they post regularly to millions?

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

They've modified the video to obscure the face of the woman weighing the baby.  So if there was any doubt it was Abby, we now know it was definitely Abby. 😄

Doubtful. How would experience as an LPN in a nursing home qualify Abbie to work in labor and delivery? 

• Like 3

Nursing shortage.  She has worked as an LPN so can supposedly easily train for other LPN work.   If she has kept her license current, she can apply for any LPN job she sees.  

• Like 14
  • Useful 2

She may have been going to school for more training.  Who knows?  They don't post very often.  The hospital where I was an RN employed LVNs on the post delivery floor.  They could do basic patient care and pass certain meds.  They were a huge help.  LVNs could not work in labor and delivery or the NICU, however.  Their scope of practice has restrictions.  Right now, RNs and LVN/LPNs are in great need and jobs are very plentiful with good salaries.  Even working part-time would bring in good income.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
On 5/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Joy still enjoys the dirty-sole look.  (Check out the bottom of her feet in the bed.)

23 hours ago, Heathen said:

Joy's feet are gross.

Of all the things I’ve seen in reality tv, Joy’s pitch black feet will forever live in my memory (I can’t watch the video it’s too scaring). 

I know feet can be polarizing to people- I think I have very attractive feet and always make sure my toes are well groomed (even in winter) but I am not weirded out by the feet of others. It’s not that her feet were dirty, we are human beings we all get dirty sometimes. She was going out on a DATE with her beloved Austin and KNEW her feet looked like that. I would DIE of embarrassment. 

It’s like how Jessa thought her diaper mountain was typical. 

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

She was going out on a DATE with her beloved Austin and KNEW her feet looked like that.

Plus, she put those dirty feet in a pair of shoes from the community shoe pile, meaning someone else was going to use those shoes after she did.  OTOH, some or most of the other girls probably had the same questionable attitude about foot hygiene.

• Like 10

I don't do bare feet in shoes period, but someone would have to threaten my life to put my bare feet in someone else's shoes.

Hospital floors are gross. Joy didn't wear the socks they usually supply?

• Like 8

It really creeps my out to see people walking barefoot in a hospital.  Aside from things you can't see but can step on, like syringe caps,  the floors are covered in stuff you don't really want to know about.  Yes, floors get mopped, and things get wiped up, but stuff I've seen on hospital floors is not stuff I would want to walk in.  My hospital shoes--well, any shoes--are kept in the garage and never see the inside of my house. Why do I want the germs off the sidewalk and street on my floors??  If I got off a little late Sunday mornings and didn't have time to shower and change my clothes, I wouldn't go to church.  I knew what was on my uniform, and I didn't think anyone would appreciate sitting by me.  I wish hospitals in general would enforce wearing footwear for everyone in a hospital.

• Like 13
23 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It really creeps my out to see people walking barefoot in a hospital.  Aside from things you can't see but can step on, like syringe caps,  the floors are covered in stuff you don't really want to know about.  Yes, floors get mopped, and things get wiped up, but stuff I've seen on hospital floors is not stuff I would want to walk in.  My hospital shoes--well, any shoes--are kept in the garage and never see the inside of my house. Why do I want the germs off the sidewalk and street on my floors??  If I got off a little late Sunday mornings and didn't have time to shower and change my clothes, I wouldn't go to church.  I knew what was on my uniform, and I didn't think anyone would appreciate sitting by me.  I wish hospitals in general would enforce wearing footwear for everyone in a hospital.

I remember Jill (and possibly Derrick, too) walking the hospital halls barefoot after birthing Izzy.  I was shocked, since I spent 33 years working in a hospital. Yes, every evening all the floors were scrubbed with strong cleaners, but you would be shocked at what can drip, ooze, and spray off of patients being pushed

around in wheelchairs and gurneys.

• Like 14

I am barefoot all the time at home, but you could not pay me a million dollars to walk barefoot in a hospital. Or really any public place. I remember some kid lying down on the floor at the library where I work, and I was like "dude, do you know how much vomit that floor has seen over the years?" He got up fast. 😂

• Like 7
  • LOL 12

My mom loved walking around barefoot. If she could she would never owned a pair of shoes. I could never understand it. I hate having dirty feet and dirty socks. There's dirt, bugs, and who knows what. She could never understand why I always had shoes or slippers on. Joy going on a date with dirty feet or Jill going barefoot on her wedding day. It's so weird to me. Dirty feet on your wedding day?

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

My mom loved walking around barefoot. If she could she would never owned a pair of shoes. I could never understand it. I hate having dirty feet and dirty socks. There's dirt, bugs, and who knows what. She could never understand why I always had shoes or slippers on. Joy going on a date with dirty feet or Jill going barefoot on her wedding day. It's so weird to me. Dirty feet on your wedding day?

Those feet were awful. Besides shoes there is a remedy - bathing. Makes me wonder what else isn't washed on the regular. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Absolom said:

Nursing shortage.  She has worked as an LPN so can supposedly easily train for other LPN work.   If she has kept her license current, she can apply for any LPN job she sees.  

If Abby has kept her license up to date, she'd be hirable in an instant.  Hospitals hire nurses all the time who don't have experience working in a particular area and give them the training they need.  If Abby spent a month or two 'shadowing' another LPN as a new hire, she'd be good to go.  Happens all the time.

We've got 4 nurses working in my office, doing phone work for the most part.  Every single one came from other areas including inpatient postop for orthopedic patients, an outpatient surgery center, and a general surgeon's office.  Every single one jumped right in, learned the ropes and does an excellent job despite never having done OB/GYN specifically in the past.

13 hours ago, Zella said:

I am barefoot all the time at home, but you could not pay me a million dollars to walk barefoot in a hospital. Or really any public place. I remember some kid lying down on the floor at the library where I work, and I was like "dude, do you know how much vomit that floor has seen over the years?" He got up fast. 😂

Hospital floors are generally filthy, I wouldn't walk around even in socks.  It used to squick me out back when I was doing OB when people waiting for someone to deliver would be lying around on the floor in the waiting area.  Just no.

• Like 14
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Those feet were awful. Besides shoes there is a remedy - bathing. Makes me wonder what else isn't washed on the regular. 

Gag. 🤢🤢🤢

No wonder Joy and Austin of the gross beard seem so well-matched. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

I have never forgotten a young esthetician I met years ago.  Along with teaching me about skin care, she added parenthetically that she could never fall asleep without washing her feet and applying lotion.  It was a very useful habit as I've never been one of those women with rough, white scaly heels (or stained sheets).  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I have never forgotten a young esthetician I met years ago.  Along with teaching me about skin care, she added parenthetically that she could never fall asleep without washing her feet and applying lotion.  It was a very useful habit as I've never been one of those women with rough, white scaly heels (or stained sheets).  

Me neither!  Clean feet and lots of moisturizing.  Joy should also take a page from vintage Heather Locklear who said she always slept with vaseline on her feet covered in thick white socks.  Why Joy is okay with those black feet is beyond me.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

when I was doing OB when people waiting for someone to deliver would be lying around on the floor in the waiting area.  Just no.

When a relative was hospitalized, I watched her daughter's friend lie down on the hospital waiting room floor. I was appalled and ended up exchanging WTF looks with everyone within gawking distance. LMAO 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 2

From my experience there are three kinds of women who show up to deliver. Those who 'come as they are'. Those who shower, make sure the down-there areas are spotlessly clean and try to make sure the legs are shaved. And lastly those who are getting Brazilian waxes practically weekly up until delivery and will likely shower twice before delivery and show up in full make-up, with hair and nails done.

I'll add one more. I'm guessing the Bates may show up glammed up on the outside, but possibly not all that clean everywhere else.

I think we all know where Joy and most of her sisters fall.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

From my experience there are three kinds of women who show up to deliver. Those who 'come as they are'. Those who shower, make sure the down-there areas are spotlessly clean and try to make sure the legs are shaved. And lastly those who are getting Brazilian waxes practically weekly up until delivery and will likely shower twice before delivery and show up in full make-up, with hair and nails done.

I'll add one more. I'm guessing the Bates may show up glammed up on the outside, but possibly not all that clean everywhere else.

I think we all know where Joy and most of her sisters fall.

Most women, unless it is an emergency, show up having recently showered and most have shaved their legs too.  I used to comment on their silky smooth legs and tell them the staff appreciated the effort.  Anyone that turned up, especially for a scheduled induction with filthy feet like Joy did; would be a subject of discussion in the break room, none of it complimentary.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13

I'm surprised that Joy wasn't asked to wash her feet OR that they would be washed for her for delivery. Filthy feet are not hygenic IMO and I'm surprised they were allowed in the delivery room (the same goes for Austin's appearance).

• Like 6

It would be amazing what a foot masque would do for her.  Does she wash her feet thoroughly before getting a pedicure or does she skip doing those with her sisters?  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, why didn't she take a shower the night before she went in for her induction? It was a set time; they didn't rush to the hospital for this baby. 

Good question. I was the only one of my parents’ five kids who wasn’t induced. Labor started at 3 a.m. But they both showered before driving to the hospital.

• Like 7
On 5/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, Scarlett45 said:

It’s not that her feet were dirty, we are human beings we all get dirty sometimes. She was going out on a DATE with her beloved Austin and KNEW her feet looked like that. I would DIE of embarrassment. 

AND,,,she knew it was on film. I cant unsee that or ever forget it.

• Like 10

I was legit surprised that Austin took off his nasty baseball hat, at least for the photos. One, I was taught that it's impolite for men to wear hats indoors, even baseball hats. Two, that thing has to smell! 

Talking about the Forsyths' lack of hygiene makes me need to clean something. And take a shower. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
On 5/28/2023 at 4:58 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Plus, she put those dirty feet in a pair of shoes from the community shoe pile, meaning someone else was going to use those shoes after she did.  OTOH, some or most of the other girls probably had the same questionable attitude about foot hygiene.

I also recall Austin commenting—and her agreeing, that Joy has a foot odor problem. This is, no doubt, due in part to her putting her filthy feet into a shoe. While getting dressed, I always make sure my feet stay clean and use a slipper to move from one area to another.  I use a sock if at all possible, when wearing shoes, and I use Dr. Sholl’s foot spray daily. I also clean my feet when showering.  Joy doesn’t strike me as someone who does that.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, zenme said:

I also recall Austin commenting—and her agreeing, that Joy has a foot odor problem. This is, no doubt, due in part to her putting her filthy feet into a shoe. While getting dressed, I always make sure my feet stay clean and use a slipper to move from one area to another.  I use a sock if at all possible, when wearing shoes, and I use Dr. Sholl’s foot spray daily. I also clean my feet when showering.  Joy doesn’t strike me as someone who does that.  

I would be humiliated if my romantic partner said out loud that my feet smelled. And if I already knew about it, you can be damned sure I'd have done something about it. 

really need to clean something now, and take a shower too. My hair is still damp from the first one. Does Dial come in extra strength formula? 

• Like 9
  • LOL 8

My hair is still damp from a shower, too, and I felt compelled to check my feet - again.

Joy and the Duggars have some things to answer for making us paranoid about certain things.

• Like 6
  • LOL 13
(edited)

Courtesy of YouTube’s algorithm, the latest video from Joy popped up in my feed. It features her heading home from the hospital. She is in the front passenger seat and Austin is driving.

She. Is. Not. Wearing. A. Seatbelt. 

(Austin has his on.)

I just can’t with that stupidity.

Edited by Bridget
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 11
11 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I watched so you don't have to. She does put it on several minutes into the video.

They go home with the baby for the first time and tell Gideon and Evy the name "Gunner James!!!" Gideon stomps his feet and pouts cause he doesn't like the name. All I could think was - Me too Giddy, Me too.

Gideon sounds like he is smarted than both his parents combined.  Out of the mouths of babes, indeed.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
On 5/30/2023 at 12:38 PM, Heathen said:

I would be humiliated if my romantic partner said out loud that my feet smelled. And if I already knew about it, you can be damned sure I'd have done something about it. 

really need to clean something now, and take a shower too. My hair is still damp from the first one. Does Dial come in extra strength formula? 

Yes I would be so embarrassed too! It’s one thing to joke about something like that in the privacy of your home, but in public??

On 5/29/2023 at 10:08 PM, Heathen said:

I was legit surprised that Austin took off his nasty baseball hat, at least for the photos. One, I was taught that it's impolite for men to wear hats indoors, even baseball hats. Two, that thing has to smell! 

Talking about the Forsyths' lack of hygiene makes me need to clean something. And take a shower. 

I think the hat rule is somewhat old fashioned, but the hat looked like his “dirty, working in the yard, keep the sun out of my face” hat, not something you wear with an outfit or pictures. 

• Like 9

I watched this video....IMO, Austin is a prick. His facial expressions are of someone who is not a nice person, annoyed mainly with Joy and rarely smiles. I also think Joy is a bit afraid of him. Once again, I could not understand one word Giddy spoke in this video. Joy really needs to send him to proper speech therapy. Why is Evie still taking a bottle? Thumb sucking still? All of this is not good for their jaw/mouth development. They just don't seem to care about their children once they are born. Such a travesty IMO.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 3
On 6/3/2023 at 12:48 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think the hat rule is somewhat old fashioned, but the hat looked like his “dirty, working in the yard, keep the sun out of my face” hat, not something you wear with an outfit or pictures. 

The rule is old fashioned, but these people are constantly going on about the good old days.  They pick and choose what they will follow from those magical times.  I guarantee you I knew several older ladies when I was a child who would have knocked that nasty hat off his head.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9