Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They can post this, but not Lawson's announcement. His has been promised for a week now. 😂

It’s obviously not that important haha

Lawson must be livid! 

Austin would look so much better with no beard. 

And good for Joy for going to the hospital! It looks like she had the baby in the hospital and not on some old dirty couch. 

Birtha must be crying in the landfill!

• Like 15
  • LOL 2

Could someone please fill me in on Lawson’s announcement story? I had a total knee replacement on Wednesday and really need the distraction. I don’t have a single picture of my hospital journey. 😂

• Hugs 19

he had an announcement that he gave a pre--announcement about (watch for further updates type-of-thing) and then just went off the radar. too much other news i guess that was more important than his.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, zoomama said:

he had an announcement that he gave a pre--announcement about (watch for further updates type-of-thing) and then just went off the radar. too much other news i guess that was more important than his.

He announced last Thursday that there would be something special on People on Friday. That didn't happen when bigger news (the Lori Vallow verdict) came down. Then he got bumped this week by Harry &,Meghan  and today by some country star's pregnancy announcement.

Poor Lawson! 😂

• LOL 11
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He announced last Thursday that there would be something special on People on Friday. That didn't happen when bigger news (the Lori Vallow verdict) came down. Then he got bumped this week by Harry &,Meghan  and today by some country star's pregnancy announcement.

Poor Lawson! 😂

But Joy made it, interesting. His ego is taking blows lately. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

I wonder if they feel traumatized that their boy baby had on a pink hat.

The hats are unisex--pink and blue stripes.  We used the same hats at the hospital where I worked.  They just come off as all pink in the photo.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I can see that Forsyth nostril all the way from here without even zooming in on my phone.

I genuinely wonder how many babies Joy will have before one doesn’t get Austin’s nose.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

We are watching Dateline.  I had not seen a picture of the murderer of the college students in Idaho. My first thought was he could be Nostrils brother. Now that SBaba has dozed off I’m going to watch something else, because this is way too creepy for me.

Edited by SMama
Idaho and Ohio are different States.
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

We are watching Dateline.  I had not seen a picture of the the murderer of the college students in Ohio. My first thought was he could be Nostrils brother. Now that SBaba has dozed off I’m going to watch something else, because this is way too creepy for me.

You mean Idaho? I haven't heard of college students in Ohio being murdered, and they indicted the Idaho guy earlier this week. 

• Like 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You mean Idaho? I haven't heard of college students in Ohio being murdered, and they indicted the Idaho guy earlier this week. 

You are right, Idaho. Pain meds are keeping me loopy, much to SBaba’s and SGirl’s amusement. 🤭

Edited by SMama
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

I think Austin is attractive (minus the beard), so I think the kids will be too. Joy is the prettiest of the sisters to me. 

Joy mentioned early on in the allergy journey that he was getting steroids. So at least she was on top of it with a real doctor. That’s all I ever did with my one son because the allergy was only in the spring. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Joy looks very very pretty at the end od the video. She is natural beauty.

Did she have a C-section?

No, at the beginning of the video, you can hear encouragement from her birthing team as she gives birth. Meech is there. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'm surprised that Austin took off his grody-looking hat. 

Lawson must be pissed. And Carlin is jealous of the attention. 

Carlin congratulated Joy on IG. How long before she packs up Leisure Boy and the kids and heads to AR?

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Carlin congratulated Joy on IG. How long before she packs up Leisure Boy and the kids and heads to AR?

I don’t think that’s going to happen, at least not anytime soon.  Austin’s temperament is the opposite of Travis (in terms of being their host), and Evan’s (most annoying guest).

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Yawn with all of this drama

23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She says we'll meet baby boy next week.

Do these people really think the rest of the world is anxiously waiting to meet their kid?

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Carlin congratulated Joy on IG. How long before she packs up Leisure Boy and the kids and heads to AR

She'll be there ASAP. Carlin has no job, and can go wherever she wants. 'Health issues' and all. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No, at the beginning of the video, you can hear encouragement from her birthing team as she gives birth. Meech is there. 

Thank you, I had to watch the video without the sound.

But didn't they plan on having a C-section? I guess I have to wait for the next video.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Thank you, I had to watch the video without the sound.

But didn't they plan on having a C-section? I guess I have to wait for the next video.

Joy talked about an induction, so it appears she was trying for another VBAC. Looks like she got it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But, don’t forget… Carlin has a broken toe. It may be way too much for her to travel while being oh so incapacitated. 🙄. She may have to be “carried like a baby” to travel.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
42 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But, don’t forget… Carlin has a broken toe. It may be way too much for her to travel while being oh so incapacitated. 🙄. She may have to be “carried like a baby” to travel.

But she has a giant boot!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Do these people really think the rest of the world is anxiously waiting to meet their kid?

Joy appears to be incredibly desperate for attention and clicks. Apparently there was an AMA on Reddit where someone said they had quite a bit of medical debt. I’ve suspected that Austin is not supporting them very well. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
26 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Joy appears to be incredibly desperate for attention and clicks. Apparently there was an AMA on Reddit where someone said they had quite a bit of medical debt. I’ve suspected that Austin is not supporting them very well. 

With money tight the rational thing for them to do is have more babies they can’t afford? 💩

• Like 11
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

With money tight the rational thing for them to do is have more babies they can’t afford? 💩

Sadly, yes. Not to mention that Joy can’t even seem to manage “homeschooling” Gideon for more than 15 minutes a day as it is. 

• Sad 17
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Doin' Life the Duggar Way, now showing on Idiot TV. 

In other words, she learned from Arkansas's worst parents. 

• Like 15
5 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Sadly, yes. Not to mention that Joy can’t even seem to manage “homeschooling” Gideon for more than 15 minutes a day as it is. 

Joy could have all the time in the world and Gideon et al would still have virtually no chance at an actual education, even compared to their cousins. The oldest of the Duggar 19 might have gotten a decent educational foundation because there wasn’t quite as much chaos in the house when they were starting out. The youngest of the Duggar 19 might have learned a bit from in-laws who took over classes here and there. But the ones right in the middle like Joy got absolutely nothing— just teenage “teachers” in the middle of a madhouse.

Even Spurgeon has a better chance than Gideon. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 14
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

someone said they had quite a bit of medical debt. I’ve suspected that Austin is not supporting them very well. 

Well, back in January, they threw $159,000 down a rathole on that property they bought to turn into an RV park.  The property was zoned for agriculture and the City Council turned down their request for a variance.  Then again, maybe they were able to rent it to someone who wants to use it for agriculture purposes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Ugh, sorry, that name just seems so tone deaf and wrong for these times. But to each their own.

Surely, if they wanted a G name to match Gideon, they could have found a better one. Garrett is taken, but there's Gavin, Grant, Gabriel (but why do I think that one is taken by another Duggar?), George, Gage, and more. Or Genesis -- it would be silly and we'd snark on it, but it's better than Gunner. 

But these people are ammosexual rednecks, so they don't get it. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 3