Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Austin had to tell Joy that the baby had the sun in his eyes.

They were considering Bowman as a name for the baby.

Sounds like they definitely wanted their new son to have a weapons related name...for some reason!

• Like 7
  • Sad 9
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Austin had to tell Joy that the baby had the sun in his eyes.

They were considering Bowman as a name for the baby.

As they're apparently thinking of weapons they would probably pronounce it correctly, and not bow as in bow-wow as most people initially do.  It's a last name not a first name.  It's my last name, and as a first name I take offense!

• Like 10
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

When asked what flavor of Christian they are, Joy said that they don't follow any man, and Austin called their church "bible believing" and Baptist. That's code for IFB. 

I thought they were attending the same church as JB and Co.  The one with the hateful little old guy as pastor.  I wonder if they still are going there or have found another church since the trial and SHP came out.

If Austin isn't in the flipping business anymore, what is he doing?  He still seems to work on construction sites, so is he working for someone else?  If he gets some certifications in carpentry, he could do very well for himself.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I thought they were attending the same church as JB and Co.  The one with the hateful little old guy as pastor.  I wonder if they still are going there or have found another church since the trial and SHP came out.

If Austin isn't in the flipping business anymore, what is he doing?  He still seems to work on construction sites, so is he working for someone else?  If he gets some certifications in carpentry, he could do very well for himself.

Which church is this??

• Like 1

I've seen Bowman as a first name. I am sure them being them, they mean it like a bow and arrow, but it's not unheard of as a given name. (Boyd's brother in Justified is a Bowman. Not that he's anyone you'd want to name your kid after but still.)

There's also a Bowman in the Duggar social circle or was as a kid. The Fedoskys (spelling?) had a son named Bowman. He's no longer in their religious circle, but he used to pop up on Duggar forums on Reddit, and he's a psycho who has a history of abusing women, including strangling, and he would become really indignant when it was pointed out to him. He also posted a lot of very creepy things about Jessa because he had a crush on her as a kid and still seemed to have a thing for her. Maybe he is why they talked themselves out of using that name. 

Edited by Zella
  • Mind Blown 11
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Can you imagine if his nickname was Bow? Little Evie would be like, his name is Bow, like this - pointing to her hairbow. 👧🏽 They absolutely can't risk that happening. 

Argh, that reminds me of 5th and 6th grade when certain classmates called me SueBow.  I absolutely hated it!

• Hugs 6
22 hours ago, AstridM said:

Which church is this??

I remember at one point JB and crew were going to Gospel Light church.  Not sure if they still are.  People like JB tend to change churches a lot because they always get into a dispute with somebody.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I remember at one point JB and crew were going to Gospel Light church.  Not sure if they still are.  People like JB tend to change churches a lot because they always get into a dispute with somebody.

They're still there AFAIK. Jason "preached" there last week.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 3
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I can see them using for their kids 

Arrow

Winchester 

Bowman

Archer 

And then getting confused/ indignant when people ask if they named them after TV shows... (I know Winchester is a gun, but Supernatural is still the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name. And of course Arrow and Archer are/ were both popular shows.)

• Like 10
On 9/17/2023 at 12:12 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

And then getting confused/ indignant when people ask if they named them after TV shows... (I know Winchester is a gun, but Supernatural is still the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name. And of course Arrow and Archer are/ were both popular shows.)

Those shows would be the first thing I'd think of with those names. I can see a Fundie telling introducing their son to a normal person "This is Winchester."

"Oh, after Supernatural? The show about the two brothers fighting monsters, witches and other stuff?" The Fundie would probably race off to change the name.

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Those shows would be the first thing I'd think of with those names. I can see a Fundie telling introducing their son to a normal person "This is Winchester."

"Oh, after Supernatural? The show about the two brothers fighting monsters, witches and other stuff?" The Fundie would probably race off to change the name.

Winchester Cathedral is more well known to a "normal person" than the rifle or a TV show.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Winchester Cathedral is more well known to a "normal person" than the rifle or a TV show.

Not according to Google. If you type in Winchester, Winchester Cathedral doesn't even come up on the first page.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Being a huge MASH fan, I always think of Charles Emerson Winchester. 😂

• Like 9
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, BetyBee said:

Sounds like they definitely wanted their new son to have a weapons related name...for some reason!

I think that as time goes on, there will be more an more fractures among the kidults, and I wonder if guns/weapons will be one of them.

I don't think that Derick, Ben, and Jeremy are interested in guns. Josiah is the only one of the Duggar males who I can think of who might not be interested in guns -- maybe Joe? I don't know that they have any real aversion, but as parents of young children they might.

• Sad 2
52 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that as time goes on, there will be more an more fractures among the kidults, and I wonder if guns/weapons will be one of them.

I don't think that Derick, Ben, and Jeremy are interested in guns. Josiah is the only one of the Duggar males who I can think of who might not be interested in guns -- maybe Joe? I don't know that they have any real aversion, but as parents of young children they might.

Derick is all about Pistol Pete and often does the double gun salute.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I think of a 60's song, Winchester Cathedral.  Yeah, it was a one hit wonder.

8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m thinking of the song Winchester Cathedral by the New Vaudeville Band 🎶

That's what I get for not reading the previous posts before I post.  😁

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Joy posted another video. This one is a busy long weekend. They are camping with some of Austin's sister's family and not sure if there were other friends but several kids. Then when she gets home there is a small get together with some of the sisters and and SILs for Michelle's birthday. Joy goes on about how great her mom is about remembering everyone's birthday and making them special. I am not sure who all was there did see Mrs. Jed, the younger girls, Jessa, maybe Abbey. There may have been others. After that Joy's family was headed to church. Joy started her weekend going to some sort of women's meeting at her church.  Usual Joy video. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I read an article saying the beach trip included the entire Duggar gang, except for the Vuolos and Dillards. Well all other families were seen except for Anna and the M&Ms, but it was thought they were there.

I wonder if it was a walking-through-this-season-of-life powwow and possibly a book burning. And lifetime loyalty contracts devoting the next 99 years to JB&M Org.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3

In Joy's latest video, Austin is talking about putting their marriage as a priority over the kids and he said, "I'm honestly waiting, looking forward to the day when it's just us again and they're on their own, doing their own thing.  It'll be a long time from now but it'll be cool when it's just me and you." 

The kids are toddlers and he's already eager for them to leave.  Maybe don't have so many kids then.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Joy has talked about having a couple more. I guess we'll have to see about that.

Yes, in one of her videos after Gunner was born, I recall she said she doesn't feel "finished" yet but possibly will after one or two more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yes, in one of her videos after Gunner was born, I recall she said she doesn't feel "finished" yet but possibly will after one or two more.

It's nice to hear that she feels she can stop having children when she feels like it instead of trying to have as many as possible.  

• Like 22
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Isn’t Austin from a family that doesn’t have 10 kids? 4-6 kids is still a lot. They already have 3. 

Austin has a sister and two half-siblings. All of them have between 4-6 kids. His sister, who is in her early thirties, has had 4 kids in 5 years, a Duggar-ian pace, and I would imagine isn't done. His half-sister, who is 41, has 6 kids over a 19-year span... so a biggish family, but very spaced. Joy seems close with the half-sister and her older daughters. 

If Austin puts a halt to the never-ending baby train after the next kid or two, good for him. But we know the fundies tend to talk out of their asses big time when it comes to family planning... or just can't figure out how to prevent blessings... so who knows. I don't tend to believe anyone when they say they're stopping after x amount of children or are done. 

• Like 12
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

In Joy's latest video, Austin is talking about putting their marriage as a priority over the kids and he said, "I'm honestly waiting, looking forward to the day when it's just us again and they're on their own, doing their own thing.  It'll be a long time from now but it'll be cool when it's just me and you." 

The kids are toddlers and he's already eager for them to leave.  Maybe don't have so many kids then.

It sounds to me like he shouldn’t have any more kids!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I didn't see the video... perhaps Austin is saying he wants to bang out kids now, so unlike his half-sister who seems to have kids spread out, he and Joy as well as his sister, will be empty nesters kind of all at once.

• Useful 3

Maybe Austin is not fond of the baby/toddler stage. Maybe he prefers when his kids will be more independent/do stuff with him like fishing.

Sure sounds like they will not have 10 kids. 

I’m sure Joy is doing all the work with the kids anyway.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe they should have waited to have kids and spend time as a couple first?

What, 3 months of courting, 3 months being engaged and 9 months of married life isn't spending time together as a couple? 😁🙃

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 18
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What, 3 months of courting, 3 months being engaged and 9 months of married life isn't spending time together as a couple? 😁🙃

They had a little longer than most. They started dating when she was 17, just didn't announce anything until she was legal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They had a little longer than most. They started dating when she was 17, just didn't announce anything until she was legal. 

Its still different to live with each other.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1