Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Funny how Jing comes to town and stays with Joy, not at the big house (sure JB would not let them) or with Jinger's best friend and sister, Jessa (probably not enough room at her house). The sisters' time did have Michelle but no Jill. I hope she was invited but could not make it.  Or they got to visit and just didn't show it. Jana and Jason were spending extra time with them.  Saw Abbie so I assume JD was at Jessa's. I kind of fast forward through it so I might have missed lots of things. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Who was the little blonde boy sitting with Jason? He looked too small to be Truett or Charlie.
  • Abbie did not look well.
  • If that was Josiah I saw it looks like he has gained some weight.
  • No Kendra or Joe?
  • And Jinger didn't stay at BFF Jessa's house?!
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:
  • Who was the little blonde boy sitting with Jason? He looked too small to be Truett or Charlie.
  • No Kendra or Joe?

Could Abbie be pregnant? HG takes a toll on a person.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
  • No Kendra or Joe?

No, Jinger stayed with Joy. And Joy went to California to visit Jinger not too long ago. Seems like they are closer these days than before. Which is interesting when you factor in that Jeremy and Austin seem about as different as two people can get. 

Josiah, unfortunately, is starting to look like Josh. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I can't picture Jeremy being willing to stay in the TTH.  I'm surprised he agreed to stay with Joy and Austin.  Guess he couldn't grift a hotel.

Looking at this dull video, I often couldn't tell whose house they were in.  All of them look alike with the same beige everywhere.  And sorry, Jana still has no personality regardless of being suddenly into matcha.

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
15 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Funny how Jing comes to town and stays with Joy, not at the big house (sure JB would not let them) or with Jinger's best friend and sister, Jessa (probably not enough room at her house). The sisters' time did have Michelle but no Jill. I hope she was invited but could not make it.  Or they got to visit and just didn't show it. Jana and Jason were spending extra time with them.  Saw Abbie so I assume JD was at Jessa's. I kind of fast forward through it so I might have missed lots of things. 

I looked again. I think I saw Jill's boys briefly in the video. Looks like JB was at Joy's house when she had the family over but I find it hard to believe he would be there if Jeremy was. I didn't get a good look, but same looked like him talking to Austin in his jeans with the phone clipped to his belt. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I still could not understand one word Joy's children said in this video. Gideon is still sucking that damn thumb even after his dentist let Joy and Austin know that damage has already been done due to this. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9
13 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I still could not understand one word Joy's children said in this video. Gideon is still sucking that damn thumb even after his dentist let Joy and Austin know that damage has already been done due to this. 

I thought Evy spoke more often and clearly in previous videos, not a good sign of progress.  At least Gideon didn't wildly run around this time.

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

That part I don't blame them for, the thumb.  Sweet Son sucked his thumb and I took him to a speech therapist who said we should put a "device" in his mouth to keep him from sucking his thumb.  I thought he needed it and that the device would be cruel.  I told him he could only suck his thumb in his room.  I would remind him when the thumb went in.  That limited it.  In a few months speech therapy was over and his speech was normal.  I don't know when he ever did stop sucking his thumb because I never saw it.  I knew it when he would disappear for a few minutes and then back he would come.  I wonder if Gideon had a hearing test too.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 2

First they were at Joy's house and later they were at Jessa's house.  I think Jim Bob was at Jessa's house with them.  Imagine the conversation between Jim Bob and Jeremy!

I saw Felicity in several scenes.  They weren't close-ups and she just looked like a kid (with messy dark hair).

It must have been hard for Sir Jeremy to spend that much time with Jinger's relatives.  He looked thoroughly bored whenever I saw him in a shot. He probably couldn't wait to get back to the LA scene with his cool peeps!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
6 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I looked again. I think I saw Jill's boys briefly in the video. Looks like JB was at Joy's house when she had the family over but I find it hard to believe he would be there if Jeremy was. I didn't get a good look, but same looked like him talking to Austin in his jeans with the phone clipped to his belt. 

Is there a fundie mandate for those damn phone clips? 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
(edited)

I would be ready to go back home to my own life, too.  I wouldn't have looked very happy, either.  I can't blame Jeremy.  That family now has many different outlooks on life when before they had to toe the line with JB.  That must be an interesting group.  I'm just glad I don't have to be one of them.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 14
13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Is there a fundie mandate for those damn phone clips? 🤣

Jill was making fun of Derick on a reel because he acquired one. I found it funny that she thought it a fashion faux pas, and just ugly. JB is no longer the perfect man in her eyes. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
On 4/2/2023 at 12:40 AM, riverblue22 said:

It must have been hard for Sir Jeremy to spend that much time with Jinger's relatives.  He looked thoroughly bored whenever I saw him in a shot. He probably couldn't wait to get back to the LA scene with his cool peeps!

Perhaps spending time with the Duggars would make Jer think about what it’s like to spend time with him? Or would it never occur to him that he probably bores people too 😂

• Like 13
On 3/4/2023 at 11:28 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Joy's latest video:

I’m happy to see the effort Joy put in to making Gideons birthday a special event and he was thrilled with everything but good grief he’s 5 years old and I couldn’t understand a single word he said!

what in the world is Joy thinking?!?!?!!

Gideon is desperately in need of an immediate intervention and Joy’s going around with her head in the clouds.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
  • Applause 2

I could understand most of what Gideon said, but I think he speaks and acts more like a 3 year old.  He doesn't seem able to form a complete sentence.  Perhaps because his parents don't speak in full sentences with their children.

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1

The Forsyths do seem to have a lot of fun outdoors. Joy seems to enjoy spending time with Austin's family. They made the best of rainy weather camping, which is easier to do in a giant camper than in tents! I could understand Gideon's speech. It was cute when he credited the wind for his newfound skill of riding a bike without training wheels. I like how Evy chooses not to answer the myriad questions Joy asks her for videos and just quietly chows down on her pickle or her sandwich.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

If not for their hideous beliefs it would be sweet.  Do these children look blanket trained?

They don't look blanket trained to me. J&A are hands on parents who believe in naps and bedtimes. That's a difference from JB & Meech. I'm sure that they are instilling some awful beliefs in their kids, but they are loving parents. 

• Like 11
(edited)
40 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

They don't look blanket trained to me. J&A are hands on parents who believe in naps and bedtimes. That's a difference from JB & Meech. I'm sure that they are instilling some awful beliefs in their kids, but they are loving parents. 

Except for those pesky loaded guns that they’ve left lying around at toddler level. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 11
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1
On 4/1/2023 at 7:33 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I would be ready to go back home to my own life, too.  I wouldn't have looked very happy, either.  I can't blame Jeremy.  That family now has many different outlooks on life when before they had to toe the line with JB.  That must be an interesting group.  I'm just glad I don't have to be one of them.

Now that some of the kidults have branched out a bit from their upbringing, and of course the fallout from Sex Pest, I think this family is, ironically, actually more interesting than they were when they lived a performative life for the TLC cameras. 

I grew up with some very similar beliefs, left those beliefs behind altogether, and have now reached a point in my spiritual journey where I can tolerate listening to Fundie Speak and file all my comments in the back of my mind for venting to my husband later, so I would be fascinated to spend some time with the whole group to see what it's actually like in their family with the changes that have happened over past two-three years. 

• Like 12
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There was no BIG update. Just the news that they won't get plan her induction date, and baby is measuring on target. That was it. 

Joy also “forgot” she has low iron, and hadn’t been taking the supplements.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 8

Joy just doesn't seem to care about her physical health much. She "forgot" about having low iron? What is wrong with her and why didn't Austin remind her to take care of herself? I also think her children are a bit annoying in those videos.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Notabug said:

I don't recall what she said, but it can happen.  A kid can have a growth spurt and end up at the high end of the scale and then settle down and come back to the median.  Also, ultrasound is terrible at predicting fetal weight, particularly in kids that are larger or smaller than average.  Even the best third trimester ultrasound has a 10-15% range of error when predicting fetal weight and is most inaccurate at either end of the spectrum.  When it says a kid is too large, the error in the algorithm is more likely to overestimate than underestimate the weight.

So, if a kid is said to be 10 lbs at term by ultrasound; anything from 9-11 lbs is considered accurate.  And, at birth, if the weight is not accurate, the baby is more likely to be in the 9 lb end of the scale rather than the 11 lb.

There've been studies on predicting fetal weight at term in normal weight women,  Experienced OB's were asked to predict a fetal weight based on examining the mother's belly.  Then, an ultrasound was done.  At delivery, the experienced doctor's prediction was at least as accurate as the ultrasound and the doctor was less likely to overestimate the weight of large babies than the ultrasound.  Problem is, most residencies do not have time to teach their residents to do a proper exam and predict the weight.  I was taught to do it and place my estimate in the chart at every visit starting at 36 weeks and I must say, I am pretty darned good at it.

Yup. As I mentioned at some point before, my daughter's second baby measured enormous by ultrasound a few weeks before she had him. They were actually thinking of not letting her go all the way to term, but then seemed to settle down and start measuring closer to target. He was a perfect 7.5 lb at birth.

• Useful 5
1 minute ago, jacourt said:

Is there some reason joy has to take the kids with her for these appointments?  Is there no one who could watch them for her?  

I figured that Austin was working, which included using a table saw. He wouldn't be able to properly see to a toddler and a boy who is into everything. It's best that Joy take them away from that. 

4 minutes ago, jacourt said:

What about the rest of the family?

Joy uses the in-laws pretty often. I guess she figurehead could handle this herself. They behaved, for the most part, so I would reserve my criticism for other situations. Like leaving the kids home with Austin in a construction zone. 

• Like 5

It sounds like she's doing these "ER"(?) visits weekly. I'm guessing its just easier to pop over and get it done.

We had wall-to-wall carpet when raising our babies and never had to worry about our kids having constant accidents on the carpets. What is with these Fundies and potty training? They all should be experts. Also, do they not know they can clean up the accidents?

But... if Giddy is struggling with allergies it is good to get rid of the carpets.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But... if Giddy is struggling with allergies it is good to get rid of the carpets.

Does Gideon have allergies? I didn't watch this video, but I have always thought (since the original show) that Joy has allergies. She always sounds congested to me. Maybe they will both feel better without the carpeting.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I'm sorry to see Joy monetize her life like this. She does have beautiful eyes. That's all I got today.

Yes, I really wonder why she seems so desperate at this point.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It sounds like she's doing these "ER"(?) visits weekly. I'm guessing its just easier to pop over and get it done.

We had wall-to-wall carpet when raising our babies and never had to worry about our kids having constant accidents on the carpets. What is with these Fundies and potty training? They all should be experts. Also, do they not know they can clean up the accidents?

And why is she going to the ER?? ER visits are expensive!

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6

If Joy needs imaging at this point in her pregnancy, it seems like they are to be weekly....why go to the ED? Shouldn't she have this imaging done with weekly appointments in a medical office? She's using the ED like the Bates used the ED for their routine care if you ask me. Not a good look IMO. Gideon's eye allergy doesn't seem to be addressed. His eyes were swollen in this video; the meds he has hopefully are being used as directed. With Joy, I'm not too sure on this. Gideon couldn't keep that thumb out of his mouth in this video. I think the child is stressed and doesn't let them know. His parents should notice him and address this. Other than dental concerns, he touches all sorts of things; his thumb is dirty, germ filled and then puts his finger in his mouth...just ick! This video was click bait; she was not in labor as teased. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

Joy did have an appointment with her doctor, and he directed her to go to the ER. She said she had to go through the admission process. It seems she is basically having an outpatient procedure that her doctor doesn’t offer. She didn’t show up at the ER on her own. I have not been pregnant in decades, so all this is foreign to me. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 6
41 minutes ago, SMama said:

Joy did have an appointment with her doctor, and he directed her to go to the ER. She said she had to go through the admission process. It seems she is basically having an outpatient procedure that her doctor doesn’t offer. She didn’t show up at the ER on her own. I have not been pregnant in decades, so all this is foreign to me. 

I haven't been pregnant in decades either, but isn't Joy seeing a high risk OB/GYN? A high risk doc doesn't have the equipment needed to manage a high risk pregnancy? And what insurance does Joy have that would pay for this?

Private OB/GYN's in my area require a credit card on file at the beginning of a pregnancy to ensure payment of any non-covered costs. Otherwise folks go to the hospital OB/GYN clinics where they obviously have everything they need to treat all pregnancies.

The Duggars really do everything differently.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

Maybe it is a small hospital, and that is where the equipment is located.  Maybe she is calling it the ER, but it is actually another section of the hospital.  You would still have to check in so they know where to send the bill.  Around here, except for huge specialized orthopedic buildings, our local hospital has everything you could need.  That is where all diagnostic tests are done, as well as labs.  But you check in at the hospital, not the Urgent Care or ER.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3