Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 2/7/2023 at 5:50 PM, LilJen said:

Hopefully he’ll grow out of the thumb sucking… but how dumb do you have to be to not understand that juice erases the good you did with tooth brushing? Sadly I know of plenty of parents who feed their tots lots of juice (or juice plus added sugar) and soda and have no flipping clue…

Joy is mind-numbingly stupid. I saw a picture on Reddit of her in the passenger seat of their moving car not wearing her seatbelt. How “pro life!” 🥲

• Like 3
  • Sad 10
54 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Joy is mind-numbingly stupid. I saw a picture on Reddit of her in the passenger seat of their moving car not wearing her seatbelt. How “pro life!” 🥲

Jesus is her seatbelt! 

• LOL 3

The Forsytes visited Jinger and Jeremy. Interesting that they waited after the fact to make an IG story. My favorite part is when they captioned a selfie of Jeremy stating you can’t put your phone down or that is what happens. Jeremy is very much still in love with himself. 

Even though they have not publicly supported Jinger’s book (that I’m aware) they can’t be mad at her and visit. It’s good to see she has at least two siblings on her side. Jessa, BFF, where are you?

Edited by SMama
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
19 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Gideon shouldn't be with a shovel with no shoes on. Seriously what is Joy's phobia of shoes?

Joy and her sisters wore dollar flip flops from a Walmart for everything, including a steep, rocky hike in Central America. By the time TLC came along the girl was just a product of her feral upbringing. Come to think of it the older Duggar girls (even Jana) have had a hard time wearing proper footwear. Jill thought it was OK to be barefoot on her wedding day because she liked the height difference with Derick. Ballet slippers you rube.

We have been sharing old movies with SGirl and we watched The Birdcage last weekend. I thought of Joy when Spartacus Agator was fumbling around. Yes, I’m that old. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Joy and her sisters wore dollar flip flops from a Walmart for everything, including a steep, rocky hike in Central America. By the time TLC came along the girl was just a product of her feral upbringing. Come to think of it the older Duggar girls (even Jana) have had a hard time wearing proper footwear. Jill thought it was OK to be barefoot on her wedding day because she liked the height difference with Derick. Ballet slippers you rube.

We have been sharing old movies with SGirl and we watched The Birdcage last weekend. I thought of Joy when Spartacus Agator was fumbling around. Yes, I’m that old. 

Which J'slave had the funky feet on her wedding day? (I don't mean funky as in cool.) Was it Jill, or was it Joy? 

• LOL 1
28 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Not sure why it's pathetic everyone is different and some feel the cold more than other people. 

Because 64* isn't cold in any way.  Needing a heavy jacket is ridiculous unless you've got some health problem. Thin blooded people or something.  Southerners are wimps when it comes to cold weather. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Because 64* isn't cold in any way.  Needing a heavy jacket is ridiculous unless you've got some health problem. Thin blooded people or something.  Southerners are wimps when it comes to cold weather. 

As a Floridian who used to live in New England, thin blood is a real thing. When I walk Ozzie in the morning and it’s around 65 degrees I definitely have a coat on. And puffer coats are perfect cos they are just warm enough for us wimpy folks. But if Joy is cold, yes the kids should have shoes and a jacket too.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

It may not be cold to you but as I said people are different. I will wear a mid weight sweater at 64 so yes I am a whimp I guess. I sometimes feel the same way about northerners who complain about a heat wave of 90 degrees for 3 days when we have 90 plus temperatures with 50 % humidity for 3 plus months but I do not call people pathetic because I remind myself....people are different. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

We New Englanders feel its our birthright to complain about the weather for at least 9 months out of the years. 🤣 But our complaints run the gamut as you could be standing outside with two other folks and its like a Goldilocks scene.

My point was pregnant women tend to run hot in their 8 month and little kids with no fat don't usually run hot. So why is Joy in a parka but the kids are coatless and barefoot?

One of the things I learned in these threads is my weather is eerily similar to AR weather. 64 degrees in February does not feel as warm as 64 degrees in April.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

We New Englanders feel its our birthright to complain about the weather for at least 9 months out of the years. 🤣 But our complaints run the gamut as you could be standing outside with two other folks and its like a Goldilocks scene.

My point was pregnant women tend to run hot in their 8 month and little kids with no fat don't usually run hot. So why is Joy in a parka but the kids are coatless and barefoot?

One of the things I learned in these threads is my weather is eerily similar to AR weather. 64 degrees in February does not feel as warm as 64 degrees in April.

I live in  Houston Texas and find it mildly amusing when people move here from one of the northern states the first winter they are all " This is not cold.. this is spring at home." Next winter they are wearing jackets. If I know them I will ask why the jacket they will usually reply that the coid is different . I think it is because of our humidity. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I live in  Houston Texas and find it mildly amusing when people move here from one of the northern states the first winter they are all " This is not cold.. this is spring at home." Next winter they are wearing jackets. If I know them I will ask why the jacket they will usually reply that the coid is different . I think it is because of our humidity. 

Our winters are very dry, which makes them feel very cold, but the rest of the time we're very humid, even into the fall, which makes our seasons feel hot. Our summer has way too many days that make one feel like they're melting, however I think much of TX has us beat on the heat.

• Like 3

The kids would probably say if they're cold.

My husband and I have very different feels regarding hot and cold. If I dress my kids according to how I feel, sometimes my husband says I'm overdoing it.

I think the same type of conversation was held regarding Izzy and Sam some time ago

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Not saying this is the case with Joy, but some women wear winter coats to hide their growing belly. When I taught at a school with a lot of teen moms, this was one of the giveaways -- wearing a winter coat in seasonable weather.

I think the teen moms were hiding so others wouldn't know they were pregnant. Joy has announced her pregnancy far and wide. She takes pictures of her growing bump, so I'm guessing she's not hiding it.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If Joy needs a coat, then her kids need a coat - and shoes.

Not necessarily.  I did recount the story of older son and no coat in the CA bay area in winter and the school back then insisted I take him to the doctor and doctor did blood work and said normal for him.  If he is cold he will want a coat.  He still is very warm blooded and wears minimal clothes where he lives in the PNW.  Also, grandson told son and daughter in law in high school not to buy him a winter coat because all he needed was his hoodie.   There are kids/people who have different "thermometers".  I love to be bundled up as did Sweet Son.  Older son, not so much from very young age.  I am guessing Gideon has shoes and if he wanted them could get them.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill was barefoot. Not sure if Joy wore shoes or not. The latter wouldn't surprise me.

Joy had disgusting, filthy dirty feet when she went on her first (maybe) date with Austin.  She dug some horrible looking, well-worn shoes out of the communal closet, and I was surprised that they would allow showing the dirt-black soles of her feet.  Just ick.

• Like 11
7 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Joy had disgusting, filthy dirty feet when she went on her first (maybe) date with Austin.  She dug some horrible looking, well-worn shoes out of the communal closet, and I was surprised that they would allow showing the dirt-black soles of her feet.  Just ick.

That was disgusting. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I remember Joy doing that.  Lol, the communal shoe closet pile.  When the older Duggars got married, I wonder if they adjusted their "pull shoes out of a pile" mentality.  (I'm thinking at least Jinger did with help from her shoe-loving husband.)

64 degrees is cold and I'd definitely wear a sweater.  Look at it this way:  Room temperature is considered 72 degrees (although I keep it higher).  64 degrees is 8 degrees colder than room temperature.  Therefore, 64 degrees is cold. 😁And sometimes there's a wind chill where it feels a few degrees colder. 😆  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the teen moms were hiding so others wouldn't know they were pregnant. Joy has announced her pregnancy far and wide. She takes pictures of her growing bump, so I'm guessing she's not hiding it.

Exactly what I was going to say. 

• Like 1

Perhaps Gideon and Evy are not as cold-blooded as Joy. I think 64 degrees is not cold to the degree where a heavy coat is needed, and I'm in Texas. I think wearing a sweatshirt, hoodie or a jacket is fair. 

Shoes, on the other hand, are a must outside. Especially for littles.

• Like 2