Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Re the RV park, Austin's request for a zoning variance was denied unanimously by the local planning commission.  WOACB has video of the meeting and it shows a little bit of Austin talking.  The room was packed with residents who were not happy with the RV park being next to a daycare center.  After the vote, when the commission told Austin they'd consider another location, Austin said he already bought the property, and the crowd laughed at Austin.  Joy was there with the kids.

WOACB said the property had been on the market for a very long time.  It's zoned for agriculture, but it's in a flood zone.  So it looks like Joy and Austin threw $159,000 down a rat hole.  Here's the video:

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 7

I agree the Duggars are an entitled bunch, but I've yet to see any of them put their children first, never mind expect the world to.

I wonder if J&A wanted the property zoned for an RV park in order to form another failed LLC as a tax advantage.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I agree the Duggars are an entitled bunch, but I've yet to see any of them put their children first, never mind expect the world to.

I wonder if J&A wanted the property zoned for an RV park in order to form another failed LLC as a tax advantage.

They don't put them first but they do make having them a priority. 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

i was referring to the people who have a problem with the RV park because of the day care center -- where children are supervised at all times.  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Boy these two are not bright.  There is nothing about that property that suggests that it would be a good place for an RV park.  The property being in a flood zone is just the icing on the cake.  I guarantee you that anyone who had cash would be able to park whatever on that land and Austin wouldn't care as long as he got paid.  

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I guarantee you that anyone who had cash would be able to park whatever on that land and Austin wouldn't care as long as he got paid.

He's probably made enough enemies in town that if he starts letting people park or store stuff on the property, someone in the town will report him as using agriculturally-zoned property for other purposes.  Otherwise, he'd turn it into a junkyard for old cars or something.  

• Like 10

Somehow a news clip from that meeting popped up while I was on Tik Tok. The loud applause when he was denied the zone change spoke volumes. I don’t think the Duggars and their adjacents are liked at all. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6

There's a hilarious anecdote from the making of I, Claudius for the scene where Caligula is dolled up as "the rosy fingered goddess Dawn." John Hurt (who played Caligula) said the BBC makeup artists were being too tasteful with the makeup application, so he finally just told them to let him apply it to look appropriately unhinged and ridiculous. Based on that still, he probably could have hired Austin as a substitute because he applies makeup even worse than Hurt. 

• LOL 16
58 minutes ago, louannems said:

Joy looks like a bad mortician worked on her.

For some reason, they have a weird clownish photo on the video title.  If you watch the video, Austin did a pretty good job and her make-up looked fine.  I'm thinking this "good job" was actually his second or third attempt.

25 minutes ago, Zella said:

There's a hilarious anecdote from the making of I, Claudius for the scene where Caligula is dolled up as "the rosy fingered goddess Dawn." John Hurt (who played Caligula) said the BBC makeup artists were being too tasteful with the makeup application, so he finally just told them to let him apply it to look appropriately unhinged and ridiculous. Based on that still, he probably could have hired Austin as a substitute because he applies makeup even worse than Hurt. 

One of my all time favorite shows.  I had a crush back in the day on John Hurt.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

For some reason, they have a weird clownish photo on the video title.  If you watch the video, Austin did a pretty good job and her make-up looked fine.  I'm thinking this "good job" was actually his second or third attempt.

One of my all time favorite shows.  I had a crush back in the day on John Hurt.

So did I. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2023 at 10:00 PM, Zella said:

Taking my reply to small talk. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Austin looks like a serial killer with the beard. 

When they first unleashed Austin on the world, I used to joke he looked like a serial killer. Then he kind of lost the vibe a bit. It has now returned full circle. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 11
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Austin's nasty beard has to go.  I still think it looks like things are living in it.  Yuck.

He might be providing an ecosystem for an entire family of bacteria. 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 12
16 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Bacteria? I think a family of possums could live in there.

There's enough room for possum and bacteria alike! A new pandemic will probably spring forth from his beard. 

• LOL 11
14 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I like beards on men. Of course, some men can rock the clean shaven look, but I always hated the eunuch Ken Doll aesthetic of the Duggar men.  

My niece had a Ken doll that came with a marker to paint a beard.  Her doll was much more handsome than any D boy.

• LOL 8

I remember some years ago Jim Bob stating on the show that men in their "belief system" should be clean shaven....no beard were allowed. I wonder what happened as some of them stopped shaving some years ago...after Derrick showed up with a beard. Of course, no explanation for this was ever given by JB.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My niece had a Ken doll that came with a marker to paint a beard.  Her doll was much more handsome than any D boy.

Mod hair Ken.  I had a Quick Curl Barbie, but not the Ken doll.

As for beards, Gothard was dead set against facial hair.  I always wondered if it was a reaction to hippies or if he couldn't grow a decent beard himself.  Either way, it was a thing.  I remember reading on Recovering Grace that one woman's father had to shave off his mustache before being allowed to join ATI.  Whatever the reason, everyone in the younger generation seems to have abandoned that belief as a lot of men sport beards now.  

BTW, I'm glad I ate before reading the speculation of what may be living in Austin's beard.  🤮

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
36 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Mod hair Ken.  I had a Quick Curl Barbie, but not the Ken doll.

As for beards, Gothard was dead set against facial hair.  I always wondered if it was a reaction to hippies or if he couldn't grow a decent beard himself.  Either way, it was a thing.  I remember reading on Recovering Grace that one woman's father had to shave off his mustache before being allowed to join ATI.  Whatever the reason, everyone in the younger generation seems to have abandoned that belief as a lot of men sport beards now.  

BTW, I'm glad I ate before reading the speculation of what may be living in Austin's beard.  🤮

I had Mod Hair Ken! I remember his turtle neck and checked jacket and those cool facial hair stickers (not a marker as this was THE original MHK). I also had a QC Barbie. That was not good. The hair had wires and it did not last very well. It would get tangled up.... 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5

I didn't watch the video, but Joy seems to be trying to get more SM exposure and YT watches possibly in hopes of being like her BFF Carlin, who has made a shit ton of money shilling on IG and with her YT channel. Although it seems Carlin may be losing more and more partnerships as time passes.

31 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Does Austin's family follow Gothard's teachings?

I'm pretty sure his dad does, or did as Austin grew up. I'm not sure about his older half siblings, but they're breeding like rabbits, so they're definitely fundie of some stripe. I believe his sister also has four kids (and young enough to easily have four more), so that ties in with Gothard teaching. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3

I watched the video. I am sorry about Austin's grandmother. The title of this was misleading, of course, to draw viewers. I immediately thought of this expected baby like they wanted viewers to think. An awful thing to do. On another note, I found Gideon to be quite annoying and disruptive. It is not funny or cute, Joy, for your son to be disruptive. I also was quite bothered to see that he STILL sucks his thumb...even after his last dental appointment revealed that damage has already been done to his mouth due to the incessant sucking. His fingers are in all sorts of things, dirty with who knows what, then he puts his thumb in his mouth. Disgusting IMO. Another noteworthy idiocy of Joy's was when she said that she didn't see anything wrong, dental-wise, to give her son juice after he had already brushed his teeth before bed at night. The sugar, etc just lays on his teeth, girl! How could she think this was ok? What a dim bulb. I also see the same behavior and pacifier usage in Evie. Joy will have her hands full with another baby, especially, if she does not correct the annoying behavior the children she already has. Sorry to rant but it just got my goat! I wish her well with this delivery.

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched the video. I am sorry about Austin's grandmother. The title of this was misleading, of course, to draw viewers. I immediately thought of this expected baby like they wanted viewers to think. An awful thing to do. On another note, I found Gideon to be quite annoying and disruptive. It is not funny or cute, Joy, for your son to be disruptive. I also was quite bothered to see that he STILL sucks his thumb...even after his last dental appointment revealed that damage has already been done to his mouth due to the incessant sucking. His fingers are in all sorts of things, dirty with who knows what, then he puts his thumb in his mouth. Disgusting IMO. Another noteworthy idiocy of Joy's was when she said that she didn't see anything wrong, dental-wise, to give her son juice after he had already brushed his teeth before bed at night. The sugar, etc just lays on his teeth, girl! How could she think this was ok? What a dim bulb. I also see the same behavior and pacifier usage in Evie. Joy will have her hands full with another baby, especially, if she does not correct the annoying behavior the children she already has. Sorry to rant but it just got my goat! I wish her well with this delivery.

I didn't watch the video, but, some children suck their thumbs or a pacifier for a need they have.  Sweet Son sucked his thumb.  At one point I told him he could suck it anytime, but, had to go into his room to do it.  He still did.  He had trouble with some words in preschool and we went to physical therapy and they told me there was a "device" I could put in his mouth to keep him from sucking his thumb.  I thought that would be cruel.  He only sucked it in his room and probably in the night.  I figured he would need braces anyway and he did.  Eventually he didn't need to go to his room to suck his thumb, but I teased him almost til he died that he might still suck it at bedtime!!  Maybe Gideon has some stress in his little life that the thumb relieves.  Even if it is a habit, grown folks have trouble with some of those too.  Nail biters?  He will learn soon enough there are safe places for it.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
On 2/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, floridamom said:

Hopefully he’ll grow out of the thumb sucking… but how dumb do you have to be to not understand that juice erases the good you did with tooth brushing? Sadly I know of plenty of parents who feed their tots lots of juice (or juice plus added sugar) and soda and have no flipping clue…

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
On 2/7/2023 at 4:50 PM, LilJen said:

Sadly I know of plenty of parents who feed their tots lots of juice (or juice plus added sugar) and soda and have no flipping clue…

Back in the 1960s when I was young (and most likely before the '60s), women sometimes put Coke in the baby bottles!  Yes, Coke!  I have a memory of sitting at a drug store fountain and a lady next to me pouring Coke into a baby bottle and then feeding her baby.  Apparently it wasn't an uncommon thing.  My mom never did it, but we've talked about it and she said some women just didn't know better and she had seen it done here and there through the years.  (I'm assuming it wasn't the babys' main food--maybe it was given in between meals to quiet them down?)    So these moms were feeding their babies not only tons of sugar, but caffeine as well, not to mention sodium benzoate or whatever other chemicals or preservatives were in it.  And of course, some moms had a cigarette dangling from their mouth as they were feeding the baby.  Fun times.

I agree the thumbnail was very misleading.  And then they waited until the very end of the video to tell us about the grandmother.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2