Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, BOOgen3 said:

Should someone tell them the 12 days of Christmas is the period running from Christmas Day until the Feast of the Epiphany, December 25 thru January 6? They appear to be celebrating the run up to Christmas with a truncated version of the traditional Advent calendar. Better question is why do I even care what a Duggar does?

Thank you.  If you are going to celebrate the 12 Days of Christmas, at least know when they are.  The 12 of Christmas is NOT Advent.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Why just why..are they eating pasta  on a sheet of paper?  No sauce ,no butter ( sauce is not always needed I have eaten pasta with just butter many times) with peaches, sliced cheese and sausage , maybe not sure what the meat is.

That was my question. What the actual hell would inspire such a "meal" and why are they eating the pasta with their hands?

• Like 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Throwing meals on a covered table seems to be all the rage with young families now. I'm not a TikTok-er, but I'm guessing that's where it originated. Isn't this the same generation who ate Tide Pods?

I don't have TikTok, but it's all over Instagram. I think if my mom threw a pot of spaghetti on the kitchen table, I would have questioned it..lol.

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
11 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Why just why..are they eating pasta  on a sheet of paper?  No sauce ,no butter ( sauce is not always needed I have eaten pasta with just butter many times) with peaches, sliced cheese and sausage , maybe not sure what the meat is.

I keep staring at that picture and trying to process it, and I just don't get it either. Like WTF. And I say this as someone who could live on pasta for every meal if allowed to. 

• Like 11

my grands have informed me this is the Dinner Dump challenge or Messy Meal challenge. They looked at Joy's pic and said that it was not right because everything should be dumped together on the table. the fruit was too "organized" in their opinion.😂

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
On 12/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, sagittarius sue said:

One can count on Martha Stewart to use beef tenderloin in beef stroganoff.  Most people use a cheaper form of beef.

True, most people use the cheap stuff. And drag out the crock pots to make it in, so they can feed all 97 of their relatives. 

When you only need 15 minutes of cooking time and use quality ingredients, the results will be drastically different than their usual beige, overcooked glop. 

That was my point. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

That was my point. 

My point is that most people would find a middle point here.  Beef tenderloin is a costly superior cut of beef that most people would serve it by itself as a fine roast.  Flank steak or sirloin would more likely be used for stroganoff.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

my grands have informed me this is the Dinner Dump challenge or Messy Meal challenge. They looked at Joy's pic and said that it was not right because everything should be dumped together on the table. the fruit was too "organized" in their opinion.😂

The Dinner Dump challenge?  Well I guess it's better than poisoning oneself with Tide Pods and vandalizing you school.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

The Dinner Dump challenge?  Well I guess it's better than poisoning oneself with Tide Pods and vandalizing you school.

If they’re old enough to have kids of their own, they’re now too old for these silly “challenges,” imo.

• Like 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well that's a bizarre tradition. Most parents count the minutes until their kids are tucked away asleep in their beds so Santa can come.

Do the Duggars do Santa stuff though?  I thought when they still had a show, they claimed they didn't do Santa stuff.  It was all about Jesus and the Bible.  Maybe I just imagined hearing Michelle claim that??

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

Do the Duggars do Santa stuff though?  I thought when they still had a show, they claimed they didn't do Santa stuff.  It was all about Jesus and the Bible.  Maybe I just imagined hearing Michelle claim that??

They probably don't do Santa but still get the kids gifts.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

They probably don't do Santa but still get the kids gifts.

Yes, I'm sure they get them presents.  I just meant that if you aren't saying Santa delivered them, you could put them out anytime.  We put our presents out early.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

y0ljqhuimt7a1.jpg

What is up with that cake? It looks like it has blobs of ricotta on it and if you told me it was savory, I would believe you.

I'm  a bit distressed to know that someone sells "happy birthday Jesus" plates and napkins, as I agree that is pretty odd.

• LOL 5

I'm thinking that cake with the red sprinkles on the side is a red velvet cake. 

Obviously symbolizing the blood of Jesus, because why wouldn't you have a blood cake for Jesus's birthday? 

Interesting Christmas Eve spread.  Mountains of salt, except for the fruit.  I can't imagine the blood pressure of those people.  No worries about Austin ever getting angry & physical with the kids, he's more likely to stroke out first. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That looks like a spread of you go with what you know.   Goldfish, Triscuit, and Frito dips for holiday fare?  

Overall it doesn't bother me except there is a can of bean dip and only enough Fritos for 2 people. 

3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I'm thinking that cake with the red sprinkles on the side is a red velvet cake. 

Obviously symbolizing the blood of Jesus, because why wouldn't you have a blood cake for Jesus's birthday? 

Interesting Christmas Eve spread.  Mountains of salt, except for the fruit.  I can't imagine the blood pressure of those people.  No worries about Austin ever getting angry & physical with the kids, he's more likely to stroke out first. 

I tend to use a lot of salt ( I am trying to reduce my salt intake) and my blood pressure is normal, a lot of time on the low side of normal. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I tend to use a lot of salt ( I am trying to reduce my salt intake) and my blood pressure is normal, a lot of time on the low side of normal. 

Putting 2 toddlers squarely on the path to a lifetime of poor nutrition, sky-high sodium, high fat & preservatives and processed faux-food reliance is not ideal.  Though these are Duggars, so there's no real expectation of anything else.  And the adults don't seem to care about their health either.

And I do count Austin as a Duggar.  He's fully assimilated. 

• Like 6

Not sure what that nasty concoction with the fake cheese is, but if even Duggar and Duggar adjacents won't touch it, it has to be gross.  That is an odd spread overall.  I would have had more fruit and less savory stuff for balance.  I get thirsty just looking at all that salty stuff in one place.

• Like 1
On 12/26/2022 at 1:29 PM, lookeyloo said:

Velveeta is very popular with my peeps from the south when it is mixed with Rotel tomatoes for a dip.  Yum.  It does have its place in the world. A party would be one place. 

I’m not a cheese snob, I love me some melted Velveeta. I would not, however, eat the food just thrown on that table though. Can you imagine all the gross fingers that have fondled the meat, cheese and crackers spread out there. And the table is just the right height to be sprayed with children’s sneezes. 🤢 

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I’m not a cheese snob, I love me some melted Velveeta.

And the slices are perfect for a gooey grilled cheese sandwich. 

Everything has it's place, even Velveeta.  People who pretend they never, ever use a single processed or convenience food are lying.  Straight up. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 11
  • Applause 7

I thought Velveeta was the only cheese there was until I was about 8 years old.  I really thought "cheese" meant Velveeta.  Then cheddar and Edam came into our house.  I love cheese, and I always have cheddar, asiago and provolone on hand.   Velveeta really does make for a good grilled cheese sandwich, but I haven't had it for years.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1

Velveeta cheese makes an excellent baked macaroni & cheese casserole. I loved this as a child; some butter, a little milk and just a touch of mozzarella cheese in a glass casserole, mix and bake. This is the only time I have used it.

• Like 7