Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 9/2/2022 at 9:18 AM, SMama said:

I forgot to mention that Walmart’s Vision Center also carries a decent number of kid frames that  have cartoon characters and other popular things with kids. I recall they had Transformers, Lego, Disney characters, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony, etc.

SBaba, big brother, and myself wear glasses full time. When SGirl needed glasses she saw it as normal, because of us. But I understand how some kids may be unsure about wearing glasses, especially Gideon’s age. Another reason why it baffles me how Giddy ended up with such ill fitting frames. The Duggars are all about Walmart, it’s hard to believe they didn’t consider browsing there. Vision care is not the place to cut corners, Joy and Austin. 

Before I had vision insurance, I went to Walmart all the time. I even got child frames one year! They were perfect. Eventually, I got vision insurance at work that covered a yearly exam and frames/contacts at almost no cost. The Walmart by my house doesn't even have a vision center. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I always have my gun with me, and readily available, while carrying my child in an army surplus backpack on a 4 mile hike with friends..... how about you all??

I feel sorry for people that are so fearful that they carry guns everywhere. 188 kids have died from accidental gun injuries so far this year. Firearms have been the #1 cause of death for kids in this country for the past couple years. I wonder if anyone ever reported Joy and Austin for having guns laying right on the kitchen table in a couple of the photos Joy shared?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, SMama said:

A wrong move and Austin is going to end up shooting his own crotch. Baby train permanently derailed. 

Ha! I was just talking to my mom last night about the disturbingly high number of (almost always men) who have done this. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 9/6/2022 at 4:21 PM, crazy8s said:

I always have my gun with me, and readily available, while carrying my child in an army surplus backpack on a 4 mile hike with friends..... how about you all??

Just in case some whacko with a gun jumps out of the woods. Or something. On a positive note, Joy looks happy, and Giddy looks adorable in his overalls. 

• Like 2

Does anyone recognize the couple and/or child?

OOPS! I just noticed the Kerstin Jessup name. I still have no idea who they are. It’s summer so I guess dog sledding is out of the question. 

1A625DDE-C637-48B6-9633-A7FD18386BD5.thumb.jpeg.99d9654d6174eb51a635d3ade4cfb9df.jpeg

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1

Jessup? That’s a whole other can of worms with that name. 

Joy is very simple (that’s not an insult). She seems to enjoy a carefree, country, woodsy, life. Get dirty, be barefoot, hunt bear. More power to her if it gets FF (I can only see it as fuck face) out of her mind. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think Joy is the only adult Duggar woman who truly enjoys the outdoors. If they limit the size of their family, camping, hiking, hunting, horseback riding, and any other outdoor activities they want to try will be easier to coordinate, finance, and handle. But those two are unable or unwilling to be practical. 

• Love 7
On 9/8/2022 at 12:23 PM, SMama said:

Hunting trip? Joy said they planned this trip for 18 months and it doesn’t look like the kids are with them. 

This is probably giving them too much credit, but maybe this long planned trip is part of why Joy's not pregnant (as far as we know). Hard to go to Alaska if you're in your third trimester or nursing an infant.

Edited by Lhb830
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB is saying Joy unfollowed Anna on Instagram.

If true good for Joy to choose on her own who she wants to follow. That’s growth I didn’t expect from her. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7

Joy caught two large fish, and really seemed to enjoy herself. I enjoy camping but SBaba loathes the thought. Still, there’s no way I would have made the trek Joy enjoyed so much.

It’s good to see Joy, like Jill, engaging in things that really make them happy, and without being part of the Duggar herd of 25 plus people. Like others have said, it would be nice if Joy and Austin decide they want their kids to join them (like the boy that was part of their group) on their adventures, stop the baby train, pack up their RV, and hit the road frequently. That will only be sustainable with 2, max 3 kids. 

I have seen so many pictures doing “fun” things and looking so over it. In contrast she looks amazing on the pictures from their adventure. She and Austin are a good match. JB and Michelle thought they excised the tomboy from Joy, I am glad Joy found her way back to her true self. 

• Like 4
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They are/were in the Juneau area. 

Juneau is gorgeous, it is also land locked.  It's on the water with steep mountains all around.  No access by land, only by sea or air.  If they are still there, I hope they're safe.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Juneau is gorgeous, it is also land locked.  It's on the water with steep mountains all around.  No access by land, only by sea or air.  If they are still there, I hope they're safe.

Juneau is southeast Alaska. The storm is going to hit western Alaska.

• Useful 6
5 hours ago, SMama said:

Joy caught two large fish, and really seemed to enjoy herself. I enjoy camping but SBaba loathes the thought. Still, there’s no way I would have made the trek Joy enjoyed so much.

It’s good to see Joy, like Jill, engaging in things that really make them happy, and without being part of the Duggar herd of 25 plus people. Like others have said, it would be nice if Joy and Austin decide they want their kids to join them (like the boy that was part of their group) on their adventures, stop the baby train, pack up their RV, and hit the road frequently. That will only be sustainable with 2, max 3 kids. 

I have seen so many pictures doing “fun” things and looking so over it. In contrast she looks amazing on the pictures from their adventure. She and Austin are a good match. JB and Michelle thought they excised the tomboy from Joy, I am glad Joy found her way back to her true self. 

It also helps that Austin appears to accept her "tomboy" side as well. Given that he also seems to prefer the outdoors, he probably appreciates that she likes things that he likes. They do appear to be a good match indeed. I don't really mind that they went without their kids this time (they are pretty young) but maybe they'll include their kids when they're older. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It also helps that Austin appears to accept her "tomboy" side as well. Given that he also seems to prefer the outdoors, he probably appreciates that she likes things that he likes. They do appear to be a good match indeed. I don't really mind that they went without their kids this time (they are pretty young) but maybe they'll include their kids when they're older. 

Oh absolutely right on not taking the kids this trip. The boy with them is much older than their littles.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess they didn't catch and release. I hope that poor halibut made a good dinner for someone. 

I was wondering what kind of fish that was.  If one manages to find halibut around here, it's expensive.  I once had halibut fish & chips in Vancouver, and it was very good.

• Like 4

SGirl is a fish, seafood in general fiend. We just went out to dinner and she was in a $hrimp mood. Looks like they caught a fair amount of fish. Good to know they are on their way to their way home to their babies. Curious to see what they caught.

SBaba used to fish, mainly salmon, before SBaby came home. Moving was a factor, but his priorities simply became about his new bundle of joy. I’m going to look into what is available here and book him a day trip. 

Edited by SMama
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

It does look like Joy and Austin had a lot of fun on their trip. I think that its good for adults to have recreational time without their children if they can afford it and have someone safe/comfortable to leave them with. Good for them for getting away and getting time to do something they enjoy.

• Like 15
On 9/6/2022 at 3:33 PM, AstridM said:

I feel sorry for people that are so fearful that they carry guns everywhere. 188 kids have died from accidental gun injuries so far this year. Firearms have been the #1 cause of death for kids in this country for the past couple years. I wonder if anyone ever reported Joy and Austin for having guns laying right on the kitchen table in a couple of the photos Joy shared?

I see those pics and think, wow, Arby's must be SOOOOO dangerous where you live!  It is nothing more to me than a little girl carrying a baby doll.  They need a soother.  And they look dumb AF.

Joy is pretty but bless her heart.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:40 AM, FizzyPuff said:

Fingers crossed he does 😉

I found myself looking for the fingers crossed emoji.  HA!

On 9/8/2022 at 1:48 PM, SMama said:

Does anyone recognize the couple and/or child?

OOPS! I just noticed the Kerstin Jessup name. I still have no idea who they are. It’s summer so I guess dog sledding is out of the question. 

1A625DDE-C637-48B6-9633-A7FD18386BD5.thumb.jpeg.99d9654d6174eb51a635d3ade4cfb9df.jpeg

Of the plyg Jessups?  Or is that Jessop?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2