Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

She looks awful in these pictures. The hair looks greasy and that color of clothing washes everyone out. I can't believe they paid money for these "professional" shots. 

She also looks pregnant again IMO.

It's still probably too soon. Usually if women have least 6 months between pregnancies. Her body is probably still recovering, especially after 3 pregnancies. 

If its raining during the photoshoot, its only misting. Other than the umbrella, nothing indicates rain. Although the area looks, maybe a little damp, Austin and the kids look dry, including their clothing and hair. IMO, Joy's hair is oily. Oily hair tends to look darker as well.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Are those her bangs or is she wearing something like a sweatband on her forehead?? It's so bad!

She got bangs.

And in that picture,  only her bangs look dark. Weird.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jana, but older, ridden hard and put away wet.

I see a striking resemblance to Jill in that photo - but did Joy cut those bangs herself?  They are awfully thick and sheared straight across her forehead - not a good look on her.

Also, I don't have long hair but aren't bangs a huge commitment to someone with hair halfway down her back?  I would think the growing out process is rather annoying.

• Love 5

The bangs look like she did them herself and they go way too far back on her head.  I think she does have oily hair and while the length will take up the oil for the back, the bangs will just get greasy and darker looking.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Also, I don't have long hair but aren't bangs a huge commitment to someone with hair halfway down her back?  I would think the growing out process is rather annoying.

Right!? When I grew out my bangs, it took forever, and was so annoying. Yet when Joy had bangs last time (less than two years ago), they seemed to grow out (or at least get to a length where she could push them back/ make them less noticeable) almost immediately. I swear, she missed her calling as some kind of undercover operative... she can seemingly transform her appearance at will, including (magically) her hair color and bang length.

• LOL 7

I've had bangs cut out of long hair and never really had to grow them out. My issue was keeping them trimmed, so I doubt Joy's hair length was an issue. It does look like she cut them herself or had a home haircut (courtesy of Jessa?), and that's probably why her bangs look so awful. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That pantry looks like a supermarket 

They bragged about that since Boob has supermarket stocking experience when he was younger.  Michelle gave a tour of their pantry and said that Boob trained everyone on how to stock it correctly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She took chances with her/the baby’s health even after her last tragedy. Shame on her.

She and Austin were on that panel/podcast where they made fun of masks, Lysol spray and wipes.  It made me especially angry that I could not purchase any of those items back east while living with an essential worker.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Totally said:

I wonder if these fundies don’t take it seriously because they weren’t seriously effected by having covid 🤔

But how would they know before they got it? Though older folks and folks with comorbidities seem to get severe cases more often, for the rest of the population its a crapshoot. 

Joy would have been 4 months pregnant in March of last year. Nobody knew then how it would effect unborn babies or pregnant women. During the spring it seems all the Duggars (and Bates) were careless, before any of them got sick.

I can totally see relaxing prevention precautions after having it, because its rare to get it twice and if your were only mildly sick, you wouldn't be greatly concerned about having it again. And there's a very high probability you won't unknowingly be infecting others, because is doubtful you would catch it twice.

But that doesn't explain their behaviors in early spring of last year. And we now know Joy had covid within the first 4 or 5 months of covid, because Evelyn was born in August. It seems most of the Bates had it by the summer as well.

And in my opinion, one's fear of covid, or really lack thereof, should have nothing to do with following safety protocols. This is why EMTs in LA are told to make care decisions they really aren't qualified to make. This is why cities and towns are renting freezer trucks and setting up hospital beds in cafeterias.

• Love 4

I agree that fear or lack of shouldn’t make any difference. I just wonder why they don’t take it seriously. I haven’t seen my 81 year old mother since March 1st, it’s not worth the risk.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Totally said:

I agree that fear or lack of shouldn’t make any difference. I just wonder why they don’t take it seriously. I haven’t seen my 81 year old mother since March 1st, it’s not worth the risk.

I'm going to go with selfishness, ignorance, hoax theory and all about exercising one's rights.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

I have nothing but the cruelest thoughts about them having had COVID. I hate these people so much. So. Fucking. Much.

There's some evidence that COVID effects male fertility, so there's that silver lining.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22

Before the horrible second and third wave Arkansas wasn't very hard hit and people weren't wearing masks and taking precautions. The governor only instituted a mask mandate last summer. Not a surprise Joy didn't take it seriously at first. Plus, the social media sites favored by Joy and Austin aren't exactly good hubs of info about covid.

Not taking covid seriously because of not being hard-hit in the first wave is a worldwide issue. I have German and Austrian friends who are the biggest "it's a hoax" bullhorns because Germany and Austria weren't hard hit in the first wave. They are now.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Before the horrible second and third wave Arkansas wasn't very hard hit and people weren't wearing masks and taking precautions. The governor only instituted a mask mandate last summer. Not a surprise Joy didn't take it seriously at first. Plus, the social media sites favored by Joy and Austin aren't exactly good hubs of info about covid.

Not taking covid seriously because of not being hard-hit in the first wave is a worldwide issue. I have German and Austrian friends who are the biggest "it's a hoax" bullhorns because Germany and Austria weren't hard hit in the first wave. They are now.

IMO the pregnancy should have made her more cautious, especially given her last tragedy. Oh well, you can’t fix stupid!

• Love 17

Now I wonder who all has had COVID. Wouldn't be surprised if it was everyone, but surprised that no one talked about it before, especially since many of them are fairly active on social media. The only ones who documented anything up to this point were Jill and Derick testing negative for COVID sometime last spring I believe.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Now I wonder who all has had COVID. Wouldn't be surprised if it was everyone, but surprised that no one talked about it before, especially since many of them are fairly active on social media. The only ones who documented anything up to this point were Jill and Derick testing negative for COVID sometime last spring I believe.

Someone apparently contacted Pickles who is apparently a Duggar insider. This person said that most of the Duggars had it. No way to know how reliable the source is, but Pickles apparently doxxed the informant after posting her screenshots of their conversation.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 7
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Someone apparently contacted Pickles who is apparently a Duggar insider. This person said that most of the Duggars had it. No way to know how reliable the source is, but Pickles apparently doxxed the informant after posting her screenshots of their conversation.

If most of the Duggar’s have had COVID and are fine then their egos are gonna be even bigger than before. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, FizzyPuff said:

If most of the Duggar’s have had COVID and are fine then their egos are gonna be even bigger than before. 

It just reinforces their beliefs that COVID is nothing serious and all the restrictions are a threat to their "liberties". They don't give a fuck about anyone else.  

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 19