Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

(edited)

This makes me so so so sad. Poor Joy. 

not gonna lie, out of all the Duggar matches ( aside from Josh), this one seems the most contrived and platonic. IN the beginning Derrick and JIll seemed like a good match ( hindsight eh??), Bin and Jessa just wanted to finally gtfo and have sex with each other, sames for jinger and goalie

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 7
(edited)

Knew it was only a matter of time.

Also, did he ask her to marry him at the same rock he asked her to court? WOWWW

Edited by heatherrrrz
(edited)

I'm also suspsicious of the timing. The Duggars and TLC could have filmed this anytime this past winter and chosen to hold the announcement until now, maybe to take the heat off of Smuggar, whose birthday it is today. Otherwise, why bury it on a Friday? That's not very Duggary.

The only engagement that was annoucned in real time was Jinger's, and I suspect that's because pictures of the couple all over the tri-state area popped up on social media that prior weekend. Everyone knew where they were and who accompanied them from AR. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Who'd'a thunk it? Joy has a heart for the Lord. 

And she delegates!

I know this crowd is a bunch of Fruit Loops and Joy doesn't know the difference anyways, but I'd be really hurt if that's the best Mr. BitterApple could come up with when asked why he wanted to marry me. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

And she delegates!

I know this crowd is a bunch of Fruit Loops and Joy doesn't know the difference anyways, but I'd be really hurt if that's the best Mr. BitterApple could come up with when asked why he wanted to marry me. 

Well, it was probably better than his first thought, which was, "Are you kidding me? I'm a 22-year-old virgin. Another celibate six months and livestock won't be out of the question. Hey, they were at the manger...technically, that's Biblical."

• Love 19
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

And she delegates!

I'm trying to figure out when "skill at delegating" comes up when you're thinking about a love and life partner. 

Although I suppose if you assume you're going to have 62 kids it might seem more relevant .... 

• Love 3

Poor Joy... She'll be married by Summer and a mother by next year..Breaks my heart..... Boob needs to start marrying off some of his adult sons...How sick for 9 adult men and teenage boys to share a dorm room!

• Love 12
(edited)

Way to make it about the "happy couple"  you fucking narcissists. And when they do mention J & A, it's all about heart for the lord, ministry mindset, blah blah blah, lather, rinse, repeat. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

Am I the only one who was annoyed when joy said, "I look forward to planning the wedding with him and getting to know him...better?" Better seemed like an afterthought, really. All of these girls said something similar during this "season of life," but you should know the person already! Of course, you spend your whole marriage learning more about the person, but it's sooooo obvious that they don't know a whole lot to begin with. It reminds me a lot of when I committed to a college, after visiting once or twice, and then spent the summer excitedly learning about it. However, a college is a 4-year commitment, unlike a marriage!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wonder what his ministerial bitch is...Ichabod and Baaabe already have dibs on abortion and masturbation, respectively.

He may flip houses, but I imagine he's still tied to Family Camp. 

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Has Michelle been hitting up the fillers and Botox? Is it me or is she looking slightly "refreshed"?

I was just going to say! She looks rested and, uh, refreshed here. I also love that she adoringly listened to Boob drone on and on about the triangle "and such" (tm Joy) and then ignored everything he said to close out the video with her own words. Bye Boob!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Has Michelle been hitting up the fillers and Botox? Is it me or is she looking slightly "refreshed"?

Oh no!  She is just using those multi-scam cosmetics JillRod is promoting- and the LORT of course. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Way to make it about the "happy couple"  you fucking narcissists. And when they do mention J & A, it's all about heart for the lord, ministry mindset, blah blah blah, lather, rinse, repeat. 

Totally unscripted. I hope Joy is somewhere with wifi so she can get this godly message.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Don't worry, we'll be hearing from the Dillydumdums and Benessa since they can't just let Joy have her moment.  

Theyve got to somehow find a way to bring the attention back to them.

Dillydums also posted a video from DA in which Izzy did most of the heavy lifting. Not worth posting. The parents did enough damage.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Blah, blah, blah, SOLD is what I got out of that article.

Poor Joyless.

This makes me sad.  Sold to the highest (and probably only) bidder.  Her parents are despicable.

• Love 12
On 3/3/2017 at 10:07 PM, Micks Picks said:

Oldernwiser you are spot on tonight with your comments.  Really got me laughing here.

I just wonder if Austin spent so much time at the rock spending time with the Lord or hiding from his father.

He was joyfully exploring himself.

• Love 19
On 3/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Austin also has a ministry mindset???

Is there another mindset? 

Thinking that, if there is, you go to Alert enough times to eradicate it completely. 

On 3/3/2017 at 7:33 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Which poor blighted Duggar child had to film this monstrosity? I swear, if I'd been a young adult living in this house, I would have died quickly of terminal projectile vomiting. 

• Love 7