Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Jinger's Wedding

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

37 minutes ago, cereality said:

We only saw them for 2 seconds but Joy and Austin act and have the body language of friends, not lovers; she even refers to him as a friend! Hope some chemistry develops. Maybe she get some tips from big sis Jing. They're SOOO conservative that they can't even talk to a guy until he does 50 pgs of paperwork for daddy but it's ok to let the world know how horny you are? I mean when Jing longingly stood outside the church and said "I can't wait to . . ." and paused for so long that Jer had to say - be my wife? Why didn't she just let us know that she can't wait for her man to get it up and put it in and rock her world?!? Yep these people are religious conservatives - not . . . .

If she were under 18 I would not be saying this and I mean no snark.  I don't think she will ever think of Austin as more than a friend.  I think she has other desires which according to their religion can never be fulfilled.  Its sad but that's what happens when your birth parents are anti everything except white Jesus and babies.  Maybe I am wrong.  It happens.  Its just a feeling I have had about her and Siah for a long time.

• Love 14

Having not seen Jill's or Jessa's weddings, I thought Jinger's was actually quite beautiful.  How does Jinge's compare to her sisters' weddings...which, from what I've read, were basically barefoot hoedowns with melted ice cream receptions in the church parking lots?

I cringed hard when Michelle spoke to Josie like a toddler.  No wonder the child acts the way she does - Michelle not only allows it but encourages it.

JD did seem awfully uncomfortable hanging out with the soccer-bro posse.  I think he's smart enough to understand how sheltered his life is, but probably has no idea how to go about changing it.

When Jason talked about how he's going to miss Jinger, my first thought was, there's a Jason?  My second thought was, hey - he's actually adorable - maybe he'll escape the hangdog, balding looks his older brothers all seem to eventually grow into...unless the burden of being a male Duggar and having a jerk for an oldest brother just does them all in at some point.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I am 76, and I have never been in a church that has a stage instead of an alter. Is this common? I thought the whole ceremony was on the odd side. From the big "V" to the sweeping kiss by Jill and Jeremy.

I wonder whether this particular church has the stage because it's not just a church. It's a church at a college. And I think it's used for concerts and probably school ceremonies such as convocations and such like. That kind of requires a stage. This was built with its multipurpose collegiate function in mind, I'm sure.

That said, I've seen a few non-campus churches with stages. But I think in every case I've seen the churches were pretty new ones and the sanctuaries of those churches are also meant to be kind of multipurpose. Like -- the particular church is really heavily into having a lot of music groups on the stage or interpretive dance (!) or whatever or they host a lot of conference for the likeminded or just rent the thing out to others in the community for conferences and concerts and ceremonies and such. I think some of the newest church buildings have been constructed with the knowledge that they're going to need to generate money for upkeep of their large premises and that kind of rental has been in their minds when they've built.

• Love 2

The Holy Goalie looks like he might be starting to go bald when he turns his head to kiss his traded horseflesh, I mean new wife.

Does anyone think at one moment MEchelle totally thought she was at a different offspring's wedding?  Like she looked at Jessa up there for a second and had this little tiny moment of confusion.

Derrick needed to show the world that he is still interested in the making part of baby making.  He has all the virility of a wet sock.  And not that kind of wet sock.

I actually wondered if Jana is just glad to get rid of Jinjer.  I think at this stage, she might have found some sort of contentment in her lot and is tired of her father's selling off the other daughters for episodes simply because it puts more work on her.  I bet she has a routine that she likes to settle into and the whole incredibly contrived attempt to pretend this family has a life let alone one worth filming probably upsets that.  She has her pleasures in life and knows the show is the necessary evil to provide for those pleasures.  I think there was a huge "whew" in some of her smiling at times.

And The Holy Goalie.  It was weird.  But then I think he is and not in a good way.  But there were times it looked like it wasn't nerves but something else when he looked so off at times.  My snark said he found out right before the wedding started that Joy was "Courting" which meant the family pulled one on him and he wasn't getting a full season of just him and his bride with a baby is coming finale.  Or he was waiting for word from TLC there was even going to be a second season.  But I wonder about buyer's remorse too at this point.  It is one thing to lay your marital matters on the money and famewhore altar of Mammon's  in the process of achieving it.  It is fun to have camera crews and a show that "defines" your "love" and makes you feel extra special.  It is another thing I imagine to look down the barrel of an eternal pledge with someone who likely is more familiar still with an easy bake oven than a real range.  He's just very publicly shackled himself to someone that might let him get his rocks off with legitimate morality but he also is experienced to now there has to be something else.  Meek is all well and good when you want the kind of wife the Holy Goalie clearly wants.  But one that is nurtured to be as charming and engaging as a Chia Pet has to be more than a bit daunting.  No going back from this one.  Hope that avoidance of hairy palms and blindness was worth tying yourself to this poor girl and her horrible family.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Since when was "covenented" a word? I think ole Chuck made that one up! 

Same time that "gifted" and "purposed" did.

6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

6 hours ago, Maya said:

I heard that too. I actually rewound twice trying to decipher Michelle's mumbling then gave up. 

I couldn't understand her at all for a second, I was like "Is she having a TIA?"

3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I'm actually pretty concerned about her obvious osteoporosis. She was hunched over like Quasimodo.

Her bones must be like swiss cheese. I also wonder if this is why she wears those ugly ass shoes, does she have major foot problems? My feet spread during both of my pregnancies, I now wear 2 sizes larger.

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I am 76, and I have never been in a church that has a stage instead of an alter. Is this common? I thought the whole ceremony was on the odd side. From the big "V" to the sweeping kiss by Jill and Jeremy.

I've been to a Catholic Church in NC that had a stage with the altar table on it, must be multipurposing.

1 hour ago, cereality said:

We only saw them for 2 seconds but Joy and Austin act and have the body language of friends, not lovers; she even refers to him as a friend! Hope some chemistry develops. Maybe she get some tips from big sis Jing. They're SOOO conservative that they can't even talk to a guy until he does 50 pgs of paperwork for daddy but it's ok to let the world know how horny you are? I mean when Jing longingly stood outside the church and said "I can't wait to . . ." and paused for so long that Jer had to say - be my wife? Why didn't she just let us know that she can't wait for her man to get it up and put it in and rock her world?!? Yep these people are religious conservatives - not . . . .

I don't know, I find it refreshing that they might actually know something about each other... and I need a break after all the eye-banging Jing and Jer were doing.

• Love 6

I loved the bridal gown.  And hair.  It was sad that no one had the heart to tell Grandma Duggar to tone down her dress.  Oh my....lol.  Anyway, it did seem to have a little more class than prior ceremonies. 

I did wonder as someone upthread also mentioned about why they had to start late. Jana said they were on time, but then she threw in some comment about why they had to be late anyway.  WTH?  Being late is not a virtue, even if it is a Duggar trait. I don't get it.

The bridemaid's bouquets did look a little like a salad, but, I thought it was different and kind of liked it.  Jinger sure has  better taste in dresses than her sisters.

e

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Sorry, if this was asked before. Does anyone know the names of the hymns or songs played throughout the ceremony, esp the one during the unity candle lighting? 

Are you referring to the song that was sung by the female vocalist?  I LOVED that song, and the woman singing it had a magnificent voice IMO.  I would love to have it on CD.  Does anyone know how to find out the singer's name?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, louannems said:

TLC seems to want us to believe that Jeremy has only been around the Duggars for a few short months.  However, Spurgeon is a whole year old, so about TWO years ago, when Jessa had an early pregnancy baby shower,. Jeremy was in fine enough kahoots with the Duggars to actually attend a freaking baby shower!

JB tripped up at the start of the bridal March.  He tripped on Jinger's train and fell into her slightly.

Josie's crown and attention in this episode were absurd!  And poor, poor ,poor Lost Girls Jordyn and Jenni!

V equals Virginity, Vagina, and Vulgar!  I did not like it.

When Jeremy is sorting through the groomsmen suits, he says Josh as he hands off JD his .

Don't forget Vomit.

• Love 3

Loved Jingers's flowers - the bouquets and the bouteneirres.  I believe this is the first ever Duggar wedding (parents, smug, older girls) where the bride actually had her hair styled nicely and not just like it usually is and full of dead ends.  Ben didn't rush off to kiss Jessa?  I too am interested in where I can watch the show since we don't have cable anymore.

• Love 3

I know one of the songs was "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" which was also the song played when Babe proposed (it is one of the couple's favorites). 

The groomsman that Derick pushed out of the way looked a tad pissed.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree that JD looked uncomfortable. When one of the groomsmen started to undress, I wonder if JD was thinking shit, I hope I'm not wearing the whitey-tighties with a big JD in black marker on them.

Or that he picked the panties with the least amount of skid mark stains.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but reading here about Derick's idiotic run-and-kiss-Jill move - maybe Jill has been feeling so left out of the family that he thought this would show everyone how much he loves her? And get her some attention (Fail)

It's a FU Internetz.

They are SO IN LOVE and everything at their house is FINE, so stop saying that! They have sex at LEAST twice a day, and Triple D is always ready to rock her world. YEAH! They're more in love every day! Jilly Muffin can't wait to go back to Danger America, too.

:eyeroll:

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Magoo said:

The unity candle lighting was hilarious.  Pull, twist..."Babe, it's stuck..."  "Mine, too!" "Here, I'll just grab this taper cand...gah! Stuck!"  Silent panic.  "Here! Use the lighter, use the lighter!"  For real, I laughed out loud. 

This almost sounds like a "that's what SHE said."

• Love 13

I think it is rather strange to call this glorified auditorium a "cathedral"?  Does having a few stained glass windows make it so?  There are many beautiful cathedrals all over the world.  This isn’t one of them.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think it is rather strange to call this glorified auditorium a "cathedral"?  Does having a few stained glass windows make it so?  There are many beautiful cathedrals all over the world.  This isn’t one of them.

better than the movie theater that Jessa and Jill got hitched at,  which was only slightly better than the movie theater hallway (!!) that Boob and Michelle renewed their vows in.

• Love 3

I kept imagining Jinge in a different setting.  She looked exquisite, but so out of place next to everyone else.  I have to echo the sentiment that the bridesmaids dresses were hideous beyond.

She had those pink shoes on in the photos that we've seen online; the cutest Bates girl who's name escapes me did something similar.  Happy to see her doing her on thing.

Anyone notice Jinger and Babe come VERY close to dancing during the first song (hymn? I'm a Jew)?  It was very sweet.  They seem very connected.  However, I do get the same weird vibe from Babe that I can't quite put my finger on.

I loved loved loved how she stopped him midway back up the aisle to kiss him again.  Maybe they'll have a sub/dom thing going on now that they're official and whatever.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, karenkarenbobaren said:

I loved loved loved how she stopped him midway back up the aisle to kiss him again.  Maybe they'll have a sub/dom thing going on now that they're official and whatever.

That was the clearest proof to me that the kiss at the altar was NOT their first one.  Stopping (and not quite actually stopping) mid-aisle and smooching as smoothly, confidently and comfortably as they did - so very unlikely for someone's second kiss ever. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, karenkarenbobaren said:

I kept imagining Jinge in a different setting.  She looked exquisite, but so out of place next to everyone else.  I have to echo the sentiment that the bridesmaids dresses were hideous beyond.

She had those pink shoes on in the photos that we've seen online; the cutest Bates girl who's name escapes me did something similar.  Happy to see her doing her on thing.

Anyone notice Jinger and Babe come VERY close to dancing during the first song (hymn? I'm a Jew)?  It was very sweet.  They seem very connected.  However, I do get the same weird vibe from Babe that I can't quite put my finger on.

They stopped to take a planned picture. You could see the Britton the Photographer scurry out of the aisle as the camera panned more towards the exit. 

• Love 4

Michelle's dress would have been pretty for the bridesmaid's dresses. It was youthful - the real dresses were so matronly. And I was staring - I'd swear that Michelle had on some black heels. 

It seems very telling that every girl tears up with JB but not with their mother. Jinger was calling him daddy, saying I love you, and ignoring Michelle's faux tears. For all of his many (many) faults, he does seem to have the hearts of his daughters. Mom is just that gal who usually had on a breastfeeding poncho. 

I don't get anything sinister from Jeremy. And damn do they have chemistry! They made a gorgeous couple. I loved seeing Jessa be there for her sister - running and fixing that train. I bet Josh did run up to kiss Anna. All is forgiven in their crowd, after all. The viewers just didn't get to (have to) see it. 

I can't pick on Joy ... she doesn't know anything else. She was always a fun gal who liked playing with her brothers. Always had pants on under her skirt. Stuck in the pack with boys, then got to a certain age and was forced to be one of the older girls. Now she graduated and only had "help around the house" as a goal. I'd marry a friend too. Play some video games, watch football. I cannot see her having children though.  Ugh. These gals always seem so young because of their maturity levels. I see the insinuations, and I don't know nearly enough to proclaim her (or Josiah) as gay. She grew up with boys and probably would have done sports in high school and college. But, yeah well. 

Why can they not splurge and send these damn kids to a dermatologist? For fuck's sake - every one of them goes through an awful phase of acne which can be so easy to treat. Antibiotics for the massive outbreaks like poor Joy had for her announcement. Amazing topical creams these days that dry that stuff up. I actually think that guy is really into Joy because he never looked once at those huge zits on her chin. He stared right into her eyes.  

• Love 15

Re Anna: She left the processional on the arm (sort of) of the East Indian guy. She was about as far away from as physically possible without not having to touch him at all. Smuggar was nowhere to be seen. 

Re acne: Jinger had 2 honkin zits on her chin during the ceremony. The lighting then made them super visible (plus, they were on the side of her face that the camera focused on the most - from the audience's perspective). I had PMS acne well into my 30's, so I can't rag on the girls too much. I feel for the BOYS. Their acne problems are horrible. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rodriguii screengrab.

9c74f0a36e4de66ad2949f5ce991b84e.jpg

Jeremy trying to slip Jinger the tongue, but getting lipstick on his teefs for his trouble. 

15055774_306414103085366_205428329173239518_n.thumb.jpg.d9dad0c94ec2c987a855f3deb3853d1b.jpg

The Rodriguii must have camped out all night on the church sidewalk to be first in line for those seats.

• Love 4

Former sacred music student here! I loved it so much that I minored in it. Hymns are so beautiful! As for the hymns in this wedding...

Jinger's processional was "Great is Thy Faithfulness"...a Baptist oldie Goldie, but done in many other denominations too. Classy choice, and unusual for a processional, but cool. 

Hymn they sang right after the processional is unfamiliar, but sounds awfully nineteenth-century Baptisty to me. Pretty though. 

"Come thou fount" was in the middle, as someone else said.

Recessional was "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name," to the hymn tune diadem  (it is commonly confused with "Crown Him With Many Crowns," which has a hymn tune called "Diademata"). Very, very majestic old British hymn, and very much like a hymn that might be sung at a royal wedding. I think of this as more of an Anglican or Methodist hymn, but I'm sure it is sung at baptist churches as well, since that seems to be their theme. 

• Love 16

I caught probably all but the first 5-10 minutes last night  of the encore airing; for reasons I do not recall I decided to watch it instead of recording for later watching.  One of the reasons I was more eager to see this wedding than the others is that last spring we sprung for a very lovely and expensive wedding and reception for our daughter and I now look at weddings a bit differently than before since I was so intimately involved with wedding planning.   

I am another person who was surprised to hear a reference to "the stage."  I  missed the part about where the wedding was performed; someone mentioned it was on a college campus.  Does anyone have a clue as to why the mothers carried candlelighters with them.  Well, I know it was to light the candles, but they should have just been left in an accessible place on the stage.  They looked ridiculous carrying them around.  I have been to several services with a "unity candle," but I have never seen it done this way.  I guess it is because I see the union as between individuals rather than a uniting of families that I prefer the tradition I grew up in where the priests wraps their hands with his stole.  I do like the unity candle where the bride and/or groom already have children and are creating an instant new family.  

The priest that married our daughter made them memorize their vows so there was no repeating by the bride and groom of what the priest said.  I was so impressed with  that that I now want everyone to do it.

Dresses----I liked her dress, but it seemed to need something like perhaps a silvery belt, and the train overwhelmed the dress.  I am getting used to weird color combinations and mismatched dresses for attendants.  As long as the style is the same, I think different colors are fine as long as the colors look  good together.  This wedding had enough formal elements that it seemed a bit ridiculous to me that the men in the bridal party were not wearing tuxedos. 

Overall, like many other, I think this wedding was an improvement over the previous ones.  I thought the dialogue between Michelle and the preemie nurse was  unnecessary; I really did not need to see that.  Also I didn't get the point of Josie in a "crown" especially as she isn't the one getting married.  Then the nurse gives  her what looks like a laurel wreath to put on her head; all I could think of was the Greek Olympics.

I was looking forward to a peak at the reception.  I remember years ago on another website we used to have hope for Jinger to  break away. She seemed to want to go to the big city so I am glad they won't be living near her parents.  Maybe she will at least be more free than Jill,Anna , and Jessa seem to  be.  Free Jinger! Free Joy!

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Former sacred music student here! I loved it so much that I minored in it. Hymns are so beautiful! As for the hymns in this wedding...

Jinger's processional was "Great is Thy Faithfulness"...a Baptist oldie Goldie, but done in many other denominations too. Classy choice, and unusual for a processional, but cool. 

Hymn they sang right after the processional is unfamiliar, but sounds awfully nineteenth-century Baptisty to me. Pretty though. 

"Come thou fount" was in the middle, as someone else said.

Recessional was "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name," to the hymn tune diadem  (it is commonly confused with "Crown Him With Many Crowns," which has a hymn tune called "Diademata"). Very, very majestic old British hymn, and very much like a hymn that might be sung at a royal wedding. I think of this as more of an Anglican or Methodist hymn, but I'm sure it is sung at baptist churches as well, since that seems to be their theme. 

You forgot bridesmaids' entrance to "Nearer My God to Thee." As a former Job's Daughter, one hymn I DO know by heart. :D

So "Come thou fount" was the one with the vocals? Like I said, I'm not up on my hymnal. I tended to zone out at church for pretty much all the 18 years I was forced to attend. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If she were under 18 I would not be saying this and I mean no snark.  I don't think she will ever think of Austin as more than a friend.  I think she has other desires which according to their religion can never be fulfilled.  Its sad but that's what happens when your birth parents are anti everything except white Jesus and babies.  Maybe I am wrong.  It happens.  Its just a feeling I have had about her and Siah for a long time.

Bingo.  I've thought that for a while now.  I mean there's 19 of them, you know it's just the odds that at least one of them...

• Love 3

Didn't watch but can comment on the big V. They didn't put VD, humor aside, because they are becoming the Vuolos. She isn't allowed to have a last name past the ceremony (except when in the media). Having her own last name messes with the headship.  

• Love 2
On 11/15/2016 at 8:44 PM, Christina87 said:

On 11/15/2016 at 8:46 PM, Adeejay said:

Joy's friend Austin is cute.  I am beginning to believe that Jana really doesn't want to get married. 

I suspect that, too. I can't blame her!

On 11/15/2016 at 9:03 PM, OSM Mom said:

Was I the only one who was checking out the groom for an awkward boner after the first kiss?  Probably.  

Haha! That's the way I think too. But they've been snuggling so much, and quite possibly kissing, that he was probably safe.

On 11/15/2016 at 9:15 PM, luvbadtv said:

On 11/15/2016 at 10:31 PM, Adeejay said:

Clearly, Jinger's wedding cost way more than her sisters' and Anna's.  The bridesmaid dresses might be a little "mother of the bride", but they still look better than Jill's lime green monstrosity and Jessa's peach mess.  I notice that they only wear flats and wedges.  Is it against their religion for women to wear heels? 

I believe they had a reception for family and friends. 

Regarding their religion and heels, I remember a couple years ago when they were shoe shopping for Jill's wedding, I think, and the producers asked Michelle if there were any shoes they considered immodest. She seemed genuinely perplexed by the question and said no. I don't think it's occurred to them that certain types of strappy shoes or knee high boots can have suggestive connotations. 

21 hours ago, Barb23 said:

15 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

• Love 1

When JB was talking with Jinger before the ceremony, I FINALLY figured out who he reminds me of! All these years and I finally got it.  He resembles and has gestures quite similar to former President Jimmy Carter!  For those who are too young to remember him, he's a link with a photo. 

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2015/07/jimmy-and-rosalynn-carter-20-photos-from-a-life-full-of-love-002047?slide=0

I bet he wouldn't like to hear that.  While President Carter is quite a religious man who still teaches Sunday School at his advanced age, he was also a liberal and and not someone the Duggars would support. 

• Love 5

Love a lot about former President Carter, but there is a lot of info on him being antisemitic (google).  I am Jewish, so this was extremely disappointing to me.  So, probably closer to the Duggars than we think.  Off topic, I'm thinking, so will leave it at that.  If I'm wrong, someone please PM me with better info.

• Love 1

I was out all day yesterday so I'm late to the snark party today!

Derick's ridiculous kiss was so stupid.  He is such a nutcase.  Did you see the way he ran with his arms swinging beside him?This is a wedding processional, not an athletic event.  I HATE Derick.  I think Jill is too nice for him. (That's saying a lot because I don't like her either). Derick is self involved and delusional, reminds me of Josh. 

I liked Jinger's dress but that train was really a lot. The bridesmaid dresses were ok. I've seen worse and I've seen better. 

Why didn't Jeremy have on a tux to match the elegance of Jinger's dress? His mismatched suit, shirt and tie is cutesy Pinterest 2016.  That will be a joke in about 2 years.  Bad choice.  

No way this was their first kiss and there was no mention of "The First Kiss" either.  

I din't care for Pastor Vuolo's little sermon/speech/talk at all.  Your son is getting married, you're a professional minister and THAT was the best you could do? Didn't get a good vibe off of him at all.  Seemed pretty stiff and smug. 

They did a really good job of hiding Josh.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, Twopper said:

I didn't get the point of Josie in a "crown" especially as she isn't the one getting married.  Then the nurse gives  her what looks like a laurel wreath to put on her head; all I could think of was the Greek Olympics.

Or the townsfolk greeting the new sheriff? Blazing Saddles

Edited by Jordan Baker
Oops. Wrong link.
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Twopper said:

The priest that married our daughter made them memorize their vows so there was no repeating by the bride and groom of what the priest said.  I was so impressed with  that that I now want everyone to do it.

My priest did the same thing. His reasoning was that was the most important part of the ceremony and should be taken the most seriously. So you couldn't/shouldn't half-ass your way through it by repeating. 

I think overall, this ceremony looked so much higher end than the previous two. I actually liked the bridesmaids dresses and I appreciated the varying colors/shades. The florals were much nicer and didn't looks like a pinterest board exploded. I wonder if Jeremy has money - I have no knowledge of what a professional soccer player makes - but it just seemed so much nicer and not as DIY (though, did anyone else notice that the bouttenier's the boys were making in the back room before the wedding were not the ones that the groomsmen were wearing?) 

I agree with everyone up thread that they seemed WAY too comfortable kissing for this to be their first. Especially that mid-aisle kiss where he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him. It was flawless and she seemed super at ease with it all. 

I also spotted several front hugs! Good for you Jinger! Go get you some! #FreeJinger! 

• Love 6