Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Jinger's Wedding

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

According to a long-term FJ member who was raised IBLP in Arkansas, the black girl comes from a large, fundie homeschooling family also in AR. The mother (of apparently 12) wrote a book regarding adoption some years ago. Said mother is white. I doubt the girl was raised to know anything about her culture at all. 

The Hartonos basically fell into the Duggars' laps when JD and Jana met them in Indonesia on a Gothard mission trip. At PCC, I never see them mix with white students, only other fellow Indonesians. 

• Love 3

I think Michelle repeated word for word the same thing she said at Jill & Jessa's weddings. (It's surreal, giving our daughter away, etc)

I'm still figuring out the significance of Amy, Josies preemie nurse, getting "the honor" of putting Josie's flower girl  crown on her?  WTF was that about?  MEchelle acted like Josie was the bride.  She made a huge deal of Josie being the flower girl.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Josie one of the flower girls at Jill's wedding? I guess she was put  on a pedestal since she was the only flower girl. Poor Jordyn, left out again. And then MEchelle going on trying to tell Josie a preemie story when she could have cared less. 

I think Jill looked like her normal frumpy self & to me, she didn't look like she's lost any weight.  When they showed her from the back helping Jinge button up her gown,  Jill's dress seemed mighty tight.  It looked like she had on satin flats so kudos for that. I felt sorry for the Lost little girl, Jenny, Jordyn?, they showed getting her hair done. She looked so sad. 

Why is this family always running late?  Considering the entire wedding party got ready at the church, what was the holdup?  Why was there a free for all with the groomsmen's suits?  It looked like the tailor may have gotten a few names wrong, but why was Babe taking the suits apart, separating all the pieces which made it worse? 

I almost gagged when I saw Derick run out to kiss & walk out with Jill.

That's all I have for now.  More to come.....

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, shipmate said:

I got a huge I got a huge kick out of the ( what I assume was intentional) " hey look we have black friends! Hey look we have Asian friends!" editing

My absolute favorite was when they obviously zoomed in and lingered FOREVER on that black/white couple in the crowd with the mixed baby. 

• Love 21

Saw the second half of this, which probably means I saw it all.

Jinge's dress was beyond stunning. It was very detailed and fit her perfectly, which means it couldn't have been cheap. (The train was epic. Can't wait to see the fakety-fake shopping for it, when it was probably ordered and altered months before.) The bridesmaids' dresses were so matronly....but they can save them for being a fundie mother of the bride or groom in a few years. The colors made no sense and they fit horribly. Fail.

The candle-lighting was painful...where was the best man for that mess? Jessa gets a pass since she had enough work handling that 6 mile train.

Mullett's dress was OK....the top fit alright, but the bottom looked cheap. I would say the puffed sleeves were out of style, but I may be wrong since the future first lady just appeared in a million dollar puffed-sleeve dress this past week. I'm sure Mullett's came from the bargain rack from the local bridal shop and not from 5th Ave.

Jinge and Babe have sooooo smooched before. She had the guilty pull-away-before-getting-caught look still going out of habit.

So JB has arranged another courtin' season, huh?  So gross. He really is the ultimate huckster.

• Love 12

I take it back. Freaking Josie was on point. I thought it was really cute when she was helping to fix the train with the older girls and she performed the recessional perfectly. I would like to think when Michelle was baby voicing her about the nurse, Josie was thinking, WTF Michelle, I KNOW who this lady IS. Lay off me. Pffffffff, we out!

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 12

So it looks like the YouTube lady was right and it is Joy after all. No big loss. Joy is stupid with no ambitions. It's not like she was going to cure cancer or climb Mt. Everest or start her own business. Marrying young and becoming a superbreeder is pretty much her destiny.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13

I think TLC was behind all the wedding designer help.  The first two weddings were so cheap compared to the classy Roloff wedding shown on the same channel.  I guess the lady who was Michelle's friend forever was in charge of the flowers and the timber.  The other lady looked to be a real professional and I'm glad Jinger got a decent wedding.  I really hated the woodsy theme with the tree stumps.  Yuck!

Jinger's dress was gorgeous but that train was too much trouble.  If my daughter wants a dress like that I'm going to make her watch this!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SuzyLee said:

Oh, Joy.  Bless her heart.  I really mean that sincerely with no sarcasm whatsoever.  She's so young.  Other girls her age are taking trips with their friends, watching cool new movies, discovering new bands and poets, and dating different kinds of guys.  Most of all, they're finding out who they are as people before jumping into full-time service as a "helpmeet" and brood mare.  She'll be neck-deep in diapers before she knows it.  Fuck you, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

(Jana, my offer to pick you up at midnight and drive you to the location of your choice still stands.  Just stare into the nearest camera and blink twice.)

Hell, I'll gladly give Jana a fabulous place to live, all expenses paid and a car to drive.  She'll be living in a quaint little town with a larger university town just down the road.  The world is her oyster.  Just say the word.

• Love 12

I didn't get why Josie's nurse was there? Was she just a guest bc they consider her a "friend" now for 1000 person wedding purposes, so they did a moment with her on camera?

Also - no reception? Honestly it would be better to do no reception at all/just take the 2 families out to dinner after than to do a reception consisting of ice cream in a parking lot in November. I thought at the end they were going to be shown walking into the reception as they walked through double doors -- but it looked like they were walking back into the chapel and heading up to the stage to do pictures in front of the V.

• Love 1

Mercy Maude, I thought Jinge was going to throw Babe down right there on the stage and consummate the marriage.  Girl was ready to swing from the chandeliers. 

I about fell off my seat at the end when he was talking about his emotions when he saw her walking down the aisle.  He had no sooner finished this sweet thought when she looked at him hungrily and purred,"And I couldn't wait....to...."  He was a little taken aback and cued her the line,"Um, to be my wife?"  I bet she was pregnant before the reception was over.

Derick is such an ass.  He is Jim Bob all over again.

I noticed Jinge didn't give Mommy a sentiment written on a napkin like she did Daddy.

I think they handled the candle snafu very well.  

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 9

Clearly, Jinger's wedding cost way more than her sisters' and Anna's.  The bridesmaid dresses might be a little "mother of the bride", but they still look better than Jill's lime green monstrosity and Jessa's peach mess.  I notice that they only wear flats and wedges.  Is it against their religion for women to wear heels? 

I believe they had a reception for family and friends. 

• Love 2

Definitely the classiest Duggar nuptials thus far.  I wasn't aware that a theme other then Shabby Chic was allowed. At first  I wasn't crazy about the Big V, but in close ups, it was kinda amazing, all those roses. Who paid for all those flowers??

Her dress, gorgeous (if impractical in re: the train). Looked AWESOME in the group photos w the train fanned out in front. The attendants dresses were not my jam, but better than JC Penney dresses with lace sewn on and a pleather belt.  

I would've tripped Derrick if I were there. Oh, and Erin Bates' key pounding. Sheesh.  Knew it was her after two notes.

• Love 8

I haven't watched the episode yet, but reading here about Derick's idiotic run-and-kiss-Jill move - maybe Jill has been feeling so left out of the family that he thought this would show everyone how much he loves her? And get her some attention (Fail)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

the whole josie thing was really weird, did she really need to get a shout out and have the nurse come place that weird crown on her head like it was the 2004 olympics?

Josie was wearing leggings under her tulle and satin flower girl dress.  Help me, the child cannot be trusted to keep her skirt down at 7?  Mullet's black clogs did not disappoint.

• Love 14

Did anyone catch what Michelle said before the wedding? "We've had 4 children get married, 3 girls and a boy, and I'm happy for another to be married!" Is she sedated or on something? Or am I missing a girl wedding?

27 minutes ago, cereality said:

I didn't get why Josie's nurse was there? Was she just a guest bc they consider her a "friend" now for 1000 person wedding purposes, so they did a moment with her on camera?

Also - no reception? Honestly it would be better to do no reception at all/just take the 2 families out to dinner after than to do a reception consisting of ice cream in a parking lot in November. I thought at the end they were going to be shown walking into the reception as they walked through double doors -- but it looked like they were walking back into the chapel and heading up to the stage to do pictures in front of the V.

I totally know why-- she was Josie's nanny for the day. Heaven forbid Michelle could actually care for her own daughter!!

• Love 12

The candle thing was pretty funny. Finally a real moment LOL

I did think the song during the unity candle ceremony was very beautiful. They looked so happy. Jessa moves pretty quick fixing Jinger's train for being so pregnant! Derricks kiss was so annoying. We get it. You're married. 

• Love 7

It is just plain stupid and ugly to run out and grab and kiss your wife and then leave a groomsman to walk out alone like a sex offender.  I wonder if the real se offender also grabbed and kissed his wife (Anna) and walked out with her leaving another groomsman to walk alone.  Dipshits.  A-holes.

At least the rest of the wedding was hi-jacked by the Vuolvos.  Thus it was nicely done.   Dam thar Duggers don't got no class atall. .  And I don't think they know that there is a word "when" since they always use "whenever", every.single.time.  

• Love 13

So, Pagan Marriage Ritual No. 4 is now complete  and the totally uneducated child bride No. 5 will soon be sacrificed/filmed for the fans of arranged marriages.  Of course, the next season will also include a filmed version of an over the top honeymoon for a girl bride who has never attended school, and has zero life skills other than the ability to give a death grip on her creepy now husband's arm.  Plus, of course, she will pop out a baby ASAP.

This is so, so,  sick it makes me want to vomit.  

• Love 11

Sad that the only time they get individual attention from their parents is when the parents find a man to marry them off to. Then it's all -- oohh we LOVE you SO much and are SO sad you're leaving and you've always been SOOO precious. Where was all this positive affirmation for Jinger and Joy for the last 2 decades!?

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, cereality said:

Sad that the only time they get individual attention from their parents is when the parents find a man to marry them off to. Then it's all -- oohh we LOVE you SO much and are SO sad you're leaving and you've always been SOOO precious. Where was all this positive affirmation for Jinger and Joy for the last 2 decades!?

They weren't money-making commodities for the Establishment of Boob before he found boys/men stupid enough to marry into this circus freak show. 

• Love 3

This was by far the most beautiful wedding.  I was getting royal wedding vibes with the music and stunning train.  I teared up when the "big girls" were fixing Jinger's dress.  They've been through so much together.  I sincerely hope Jinger is happy. 

Oh Joy....I can't imagine any of my students getting married right now.  She's right around their age.  I can't even comprehend. 

Edit:  So next season will show the build up to the wedding. Why the heck are we watching the details leading up to a wedding we just watched?  That seems like an odd choice.  

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 11

So I just watched the West Coast feed, and wow, you guys weren't lying. Derick is a total jackass. He looked like a complete fool sprinting across the church to snatch Jill off the groomsman's arm. 

I agree it wasn't Jeremy and Jinger's first kiss. The way she rubbed the lipstick off his teeth was a pretty intimate gesture for two people who'd only allegedly held hands up to that point. The dress was beautiful, but that train was a total pain in the ass. Poor Jessa scurrying all over the stage trying to keep it in check. No wonder she ditched her bridesmaid dress the second she hit the reception. 

I cannot believe Michelle wore clogs underneath her gown. Is she aware Aerosoles makes comfortable pumps and flats? Bloody hell, woman. Grandma Mary and Grandma Vuolo looked nice. It was also nice to see some diversity both in the bridal party and among the wedding guests. I'm assuming that's the Vuolos influence, not the Duggars. 

I know a lot of people didn't like the bridesmaids' gowns, but I loved them. I thought the colors suited each girl well, especially Jennifer Hartono's crimson and Jessa's magenta. They all looked really pretty. 

eta: regarding the preview for next season, why are they bothering to show wedding prep when we've already seen the actual wedding? At this point, who cares? Instead of doing six episodes of filler and rehash, they should have done the lead-up to the wedding during this season with the finale being the ceremony.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, shipmate said:

well, well, it's official Derek drank the douchebag Kool-Aid.   heaven forbid their wives the Bridesmaids walk up the aisle without them

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I hated, HATED the Derrick/Jill kiss. If I were Jill, I would have been mortified. He was so intentional about it, practically running to kiss her in time. At least it looked kind of spontaneous the other times Duggars have done it. This looked like a pathetic attention grab. 

Since this has been done before at the Duggar weddings, it was completely planned and no one was surprised or mortified. I would have been surprised if one of the married couples didn't do a showoffy big kiss at the recessional.

• Love 5

I spent most of the episode playing Spot Josh with my husband.  We noticed him right behind Jeremy's parents (I think that's who it was....at the end of all the other Duggar siblings anyways), holding Marcus up to cover his face.

Liked it much better than the other girls episodes.

I thought JimBob seemed much more emotional this time compared to the other two where he felt more "playing it up" for the cameras.  Maybe because Jinger is moving away?

Thank god they didn't spend an hour rehashing the courtship crap and then a tiny bit on the wedding.  The episode was called Jinger's Wedding and we got to see Jinger's Wedding.  I was satisfied.

Edited by GleamingMist
  • Love 14

I loved Jinger's dress and I didn't mind the bridesmaid's dresses. Who were the other 3 bridesmaids that wasn't Jennifer Hartano or the Duggar girls? Was one of them Jeremy's sister?

The one thing that struck me as kind of weird was that Jinger said she slept over at Jill and Derrick's house and then Jeremy came to see her that morning. No sign of Jill or Derrick. Why wasn't she getting ready at the Duggar homestead ? They didn't show the TTC house at all. 

• Love 5

Derick would have to had to wait about five girls deep before Jill got down the stairs. Since he should be following the groom as Best Man, that would have been SUPER tacky. 

Good lord, Mechelle treats Josie like she's 3. "It lights up!" "What do you say, Josie?" Seven year olds know how to say please and thank you. That scene with the NICU nurse was painful. I really think something's not right with that girl. 

eta: Jeremy's sister, Valerie, was the tall girl with bangs in the deepest red shade. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

Of course it's not Jana courting.  How is she supposed to meet someone when they pair her up with her damn twin?

I find Jeremy annoying in general, but it irritates me that he had a say in her dress.  Jinjer can't even have her way with her wedding dress?

John David assured us that their many cats and dogs aren't allowed in their house.   Assholes.

If Jessa and Ben have been the chaperones, I'm sure Jeremy and Jinjer have been as intimate as they wanted.  They were pretty cozy that morning as she practically sat in his lap, with her boobs pressed up against him.  If they really had already kissed, why not pull a Jessa/Ben and claim they wanted their "first kiss" in private?  I'm surprised Jinjer strayed from Jessa's lead.  She has a new owner now.

• Love 8

Saw Marci Dauer in an aisle seat as Hannie walked down the aisle. I still wonder who pressured her to take down her pictures?

I also noticed that the piano player was never shown. Conflict with UP, I guess. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4