Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Jinger's Wedding

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I'm just finishing the episode up now, the work computer keeps crashing and UGH Derrick stealing Jill like that was so annoying.

Jinger had on what looked like high heel/ pumps and they were red floral! If you watch the E.T. highlights about her first kiss, they show her kick her foot up for a flash second to show the shoes. They were nice looking to me! I was trying to find out what she said after she stumbled with "I cannot wait...." where Jeremy finished her sentence with "to be my wife" What did she mutter right after that? Anyone know?

• Love 2
On November 16, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Ripley68 said:

Loved Jingers's flowers - the bouquets and the bouteneirres.  I believe this is the first ever Duggar wedding (parents, smug, older girls) where the bride actually had her hair styled nicely and not just like it usually is and full of dead ends.  Ben didn't rush off to kiss Jessa?  I too am interested in where I can watch the show since we don't have cable anymore.

It's been uploaded to YouTube.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm just finishing the episode up now, the work computer keeps crashing and UGH Derrick stealing Jill like that was so annoying.

I don't know how I managed to miss that, but I'm really glad I did.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, karenkarenbobaren said:

I kept imagining Jinge in a different setting.  She looked exquisite, but so out of place next to everyone else.  I have to echo the sentiment that the bridesmaids dresses were hideous beyond.

She had those pink shoes on in the photos that we've seen online; the cutest Bates girl who's name escapes me did something similar.  Happy to see her doing her on thing.

Anyone notice Jinger and Babe come VERY close to dancing during the first song (hymn? I'm a Jew)?  It was very sweet.  They seem very connected.  However, I do get the same weird vibe from Babe that I can't quite put my finger on.

I loved loved loved how she stopped him midway back up the aisle to kiss him again.  Maybe they'll have a sub/dom thing going on now that they're official and whatever.

Their kiss in the aisle was done for the photographer.  I don't know if it was planned prior to or not, but the photographer was there to capture it.  BTW, I've been looking at the wedding pics of Jinger all week trying to decide why she looks almost unrecognizable and today it finally came to me:  I've never seen her smile that big before.  I've never seen her smile enough to show her teeth.  Usually she gives a half-ass smile/smirk, which makes me think that this is the first thing Jinger has ever had to REALLY smile about.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! President Carter is awesome - IMO, he is a genuine Christian who lives his faith. I hope I can get this physical comparison out of my head!!

I have a close friend who thinks so much of Pres. Carter that she drove all the way to Georgia to attend the Sunday School class he teaches!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Jinger had on what looked like high heel/ pumps and they were red floral! If you watch the E.T. highlights about her first kiss, they show her kick her foot up for a flash second to show the shoes. They were nice looking to me! I was trying to find out what she said after she stumbled with "I cannot wait...." where Jeremy finished her sentence with "to be my wife" What did she mutter right after that? Anyone know?

She repeated Babe, saying "to be your wife"

• Love 2

I rewatched again to see the Rodrigueses & Josh, since someone thought they spotted him.  I still didn't see Josh but saw Jill & the Ape man this time around. And we would still like to know where their kids were.

Someone needs to go over church manners with the (older)Duggar kids.  One of the brothers in the front row was leaning way forward during the Unity Candle part. I almost started yelling "sit back" at the TV, (like I used to say to my son in church when he was six.) I was waiting for him to put his chin in his hand while his elbows were leaning on his legs like he was totally bored but luckily that didn't happen. I don't expect them to sit at attention for the whole ceremony but they were front & center on the first pew & knew the wedding was being filmed. Have a little respect.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I rewatched again to see the Rodrigueses & Josh, since someone thought they spotted him.  I still didn't see Josh but saw Jill & the Ape man this time around. And we would still like to know where their kids were.

Someone needs to go over church manners with the (older)Duggar kids.  One of the brothers in the front row was leaning way forward during the Unity Candle part. I almost started yelling "sit back" at the TV, (like I used to say to my son in church when he was six.) I was waiting for him to put his chin in his hand while his elbows were leaning on his legs like he was totally bored but luckily that didn't happen. I don't expect them to sit at attention for the whole ceremony but they were front & center on the first pew & knew the wedding was being filmed. Have a little respect.

Agree, and maybe it's a minor point, but the little boy in the wedding party was wearing a hat in the church. In terms of traditional Church Decorum 101, that's simply not done. 

• Love 3

Does anyone else think the unity candle debacle was a prank, potentially planned by the groomsmen? It was so confusing, but a prank is the most likely explanation I think with this group. Beautiful wedding though! The two of them are so likeable it surprises me.

• Love 1

When Josie's nurse was placing the ridiculous wreath type device on her head, MEchelle was blathering on and on (in a voice that drives me nuts)  about how the nurse would turn Josie's head one way and then another when she was a baby.   Josie clearly didn't give a damn (or couldn't follow) and I laughed out loud when the nurse said "well, she is very interested in this right now".   I don't think she wanted to hear it either.  Went straight over dummy's head.  I really don't know how one gets through life so utterly clueless.  Especially about time and place.

I really need someone to explain to me why she felt the need to make it Josie's special day as well.   She was a flower girl, not the BRIDE.....

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Does anyone else think the unity candle debacle was a prank, potentially planned by the groomsmen? It was so confusing, but a prank is the most likely explanation I think with this group. Beautiful wedding though! The two of them are so likeable it surprises me.

I think the wedding planner didn't realize they were going to get stuck in there, but the lighter just happened to be there for them which was hilarious.

On 11/16/2016 at 4:47 PM, Absolom said:

Ratings are in: 1.840 M viewers and a .54 rating.

And this is the episode in which JB cleverly plugged Joy's courting announcement, to keep the franchise in business for at least another season, and probably more. We called it months ago - they're doling out one timed-for-TV courting/engagement/wedding relationship per season. With pregnancies of the already-wedded as extra added drah-mah. 

The only suspense is how the hell they're going to marry off those sons. As noted, the next girl in line after Joy is way too young to court. I can imagine JB wanting to hold a gun to JD's head to get him to find an acceptable fundie virgin to court and marry. And JD looks like he's so over all of it. Heh.

Besides keeping the Duggar franchise in play until the VSE for Josie's wedding, I think that TLC will eventually cash in on all those old episodes of "X Kids and Counting." I think that eventually the truth of Josh's molestations (and the parents' total coverup so they could put the family on TV for megabucks), will fade from of the public memory. Perhaps some interested party will work on scrubbing those pesky news stories from internet search results. And then TLC/Discovery Communications will again be able to air the zillion repeat episodes of the cute, speshul, super-moral huge family, to fill a sh*tload of daytime programming hours. 

I leave you with the actual quote of H. L. Mencken, which has been famously paraphrased into a shorter version. According to my innernet research, he wrote:  “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! President Carter is awesome - IMO, he is a genuine Christian who lives his faith. I hope I can get this physical comparison out of my head!!

Oh, I adore President Carter. I was just saying that the Duggars don't share his political beliefs. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I think he was in the front row with all the other Duggar siblings.  I saw Mack and Marcus and the back of a man holding Marcus who I assume was Josh.  Every time the camera went close to him he would conveniently he would block himself with Marcus.  Wonder if he was told to make himself essentially invisible?  

Cathy was there with Izzy, I saw a brief shot of them together.  Ma and Pa Seewald had a picture of their kids and Spurge together so I assume they were on grandparent duty that day.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GleamingMist said:

I think he was in the front row with all the other Duggar siblings.  I saw Mack and Marcus and the back of a man holding Marcus who I assume was Josh.  Every time the camera went close to him he would conveniently he would block himself with Marcus.  Wonder if he was told to make himself essentially invisible?  

Cathy was there with Izzy, I saw a brief shot of them together.  Ma and Pa Seewald had a picture of their kids and Spurge together so I assume they were on grandparent duty that day.

Thanks for the input, I'll look again. 

Finally watching this. Michelle's dress is pretty!

gosh. The emotion around Jinger giving JB that handkerchief looked genuine, and yet they can only side-hug. That seems so sad when you are feeling so loving and close with your own dad!

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 6

Just watched the wedding episode.  Just a few observations:

Shoes:  Such a contrast between Michelle's black clodhoppers and Diana's sparkly pumps, most noticeable when they were descending the stairs after they lit the candles.  Liked Josie's ballet flats, and noticed she wasn't wearing the black leggings during the ceremony (which she had on when the nurse/minder put the crown on her).

Josh-blocking: I agree Josh was likely in the second pew - almost every time there was a shot from behind, his head was conveniently down, as if he was tending to one of his children - I'm sure he was told to do that throughout.  When Jinger and Jeremy returned to the church for pictures with all the family and close friends gathered together, and they panned to the altar where everyone was gathered, a young woman was conveniently standing on the lefthand foreground, likely to block Josh.  You could see David Waller sitting on the lowest level with his son and daughter, and Marcus.  Then you could see Joy with another child.  Most likely Priscilla, Anna, and Josh were sitting between them, blocked by the woman in burgundy.

V-flower:  I know many on here hated the flower wall.  But Jinger and Jeremy aren't to blame - they said it was a surprise from Cindy, their wedding designer.  I liked it, but hated the stumps.

Josie:  Although she did her duties well, I did notice her fidgeting with her basket early in the ceremony.  The next time you could see a wide shot, the basket was on the ground next to you - good job Jana!

Woman in horrid blue satin dress:  I'm 99% sure that is Joy's future sister-in-law, Meagan Ballinger.  They were showing early guests being seated.  Bobby Ballinger was sitting down, in one of the pews close to the front, next to his wife, the woman in blue, and two children.

• Love 3

I hated the flower V when I saw it in the E! photos, but actually liked it in the ceremony. It was so small compared to the rest of the space that it didn't look too obnoxious. 

ETA: I think Cindy showed more genuine emotion about making Jinger's day special than Michelle did. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think the wedding planner didn't realize they were going to get stuck in there, but the lighter just happened to be there for them which was hilarious.

I think they were suppose to use the lighter. I can't imagine trying to light the big tall candle with those two shorter but also wide candles. It would have been a drippy mess to tip them plus it would have been hard if not impossible to get those wicks from the thick candles together.

• Love 2

Finally watched on You Tube. The sound might have been wonky because JB's voice sounded higher than it normally does. You would never know with the women (except Jana) because they always talk high and breathy.

It was nice to see a guy have enough friends to fill out his side with out the help of the Duggar boys (except JD).  Was there only ONE Duggar sister not in the wedding party?!? That's a pretty crappy thing to do.  All the brouhaha over Josie being a flower girl. Big Whoop. She was a flower girl in Jills wedding.  Maybe the special snowflake was made a big deal cause she was by herself? That whole thing was just plain weird. I think Josie is really the only kid Mechelle really slightly cares about, and she's determined to keep her infantile as long as possible.

Why didn't the bridesmaids just switch the hand they were holding the flowers with when meeting up with the groomsmen? Could the Duggar women have been any more uncomfortable looking with Jeremy's groomsmen?  It was just painful to watch them cringe away from the men.  How sad, not being able to be comfortable around men who you haven't known since you were 2.

I'm gonna have to watch again at home. because I watched on my phone and it was really dark. It was kind of weird not seeing Jinger have any interaction with anyone in her family except JB and Mechelle a little.  I know they edited this in like 5 minutes, but it was just strange. Only one of the boys said anything about her moving out, and she didn't have any special moments with her sisters.  Maybe Jana is secretly married, so when Mechelle said "3" daughters, she forgot we weren't supposed to know about Jana.  OR, maybe she's such an idiot she now counts Anna as a daughter (since she's lived in their house for so long) and thinks its awesome her daughter married her son!

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think they were suppose to use the lighter. I can't imagine trying to light the big tall candle with those two shorter but also wide candles. It would have been a drippy mess to tip them plus it would have been hard if not impossible to get those wicks from the thick candles together.

Didn't they do some sort of rehearsal of this?

• Love 1

I think Josie being the youngest girl meant she was automatically stuck on Flower Girl duty. If they included Jordyn and Jennie, then they'd probably have to include Kenzie, and then have a trio of boys to match. I think the family is getting too large to where everyone can expect a role in the wedding party. Personally, I didn't see it so much as a diss to the other girls as I did Jinger wanting to keep the numbers reasonable.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, lilwhitelion said:

Just watched the wedding episode.  Just a few observations:

Shoes:  Such a contrast between Michelle's black clodhoppers and Diana's sparkly pumps, most noticeable when they were descending the stairs after they lit the candles.  Liked Josie's ballet flats, and noticed she wasn't wearing the black leggings during the ceremony (which she had on when the nurse/minder put the crown on her).

Josh-blocking: I agree Josh was likely in the second pew - almost every time there was a shot from behind, his head was conveniently down, as if he was tending to one of his children - I'm sure he was told to do that throughout.  When Jinger and Jeremy returned to the church for pictures with all the family and close friends gathered together, and they panned to the altar where everyone was gathered, a young woman was conveniently standing on the lefthand foreground, likely to block Josh.  You could see David Waller sitting on the lowest level with his son and daughter, and Marcus.  Then you could see Joy with another child.  Most likely Priscilla, Anna, and Josh were sitting between them, blocked by the woman in burgundy.

V-flower:  I know many on here hated the flower wall.  But Jinger and Jeremy aren't to blame - they said it was a surprise from Cindy, their wedding designer.  I liked it, but hated the stumps.

Josie:  Although she did her duties well, I did notice her fidgeting with her basket early in the ceremony.  The next time you could see a wide shot, the basket was on the ground next to you - good job Jana!

Woman in horrid blue satin dress:  I'm 99% sure that is Joy's future sister-in-law, Meagan Ballinger.  They were showing early guests being seated.  Bobby Ballinger was sitting down, in one of the pews close to the front, next to his wife, the woman in blue, and two children.

The Ballingers don't have any kids yet. She's currently pregnant with their first. 

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if those side hugs will fade away as the adult children marry into families who don't carry that custom and eventually, it'll just be something that the family does with Michelle and JB. 

I hope so. I saw Joy (I think) put both arms around Jeremy and hug him at the church. There have been more than a few non-side hugs recently, so I am optimistic. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

She repeated Babe, saying "to be your wife"

But we alllllllll know that's not what she was thinking!

18 hours ago, ilovetrashtv said:

There's no way they could've lit the taller candles with the short ones.  I think they should have had a wood lighting taper stick each...they would light their stick with the flame from "Their" candle (the one their mother lit) and then use them BOTH to light the middle one, then blow out their individual candle, and then the stick.  But no one remembered that. I felt so bad for them, it was AWK-ward

• Love 3
On 11/17/2016 at 8:30 AM, lookeyloo said:

Love a lot about former President Carter, but there is a lot of info on him being antisemitic (google).  I am Jewish, so this was extremely disappointing to me.  So, probably closer to the Duggars than we think.  Off topic, I'm thinking, so will leave it at that.  If I'm wrong, someone please PM me with better info.

I had never heard this. If true, it makes me extremely sad. 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2016 at 0:13 PM, Readalot said:

I don't get TLC so I can't watch on demand either. Can't find it on YouTube. I know earlier this season TLC opened up an episode for free viewing (the trip to Laredo). I will check here and there but if anyone notices the episode is free please post thanks! 

I was just on Youtube and there appears to be a video of Jinger & Babe's wedding already posted. It says it was posted 2 days ago.  I didn't get the link. Sorry, but I'm sure a quick search should locate it. I've watched other Duggar full length videos on Youtube and I noticed that the video is in its entire, but the voices are slightly altered. It makes the girls voices slightly higher pitched.  I didn't notice how altered the male voices are. But the video is there. It said 1:02:00 meaning one hour two minutes long. 

• Love 1

Since they announced Joy & Austin's courtship in this episode, I'll post this here unless one of the mods finds a better spot. On Youtube there's a short 1 minute 46 second clip of Austin Forsthe's family. Apparently, this family was on CMT's Strict Moms (or something like that). So I doubt that Joy and Austin knew each other since she was 15. More than likely, the Forsthe's are nothing more than fame-whores like the rest of them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GinnyLee said:

Since they announced Joy & Austin's courtship in this episode, I'll post this here unless one of the mods finds a better spot. On Youtube there's a short 1 minute 46 second clip of Austin Forsthe's family. Apparently, this family was on CMT's Strict Moms (or something like that). So I doubt that Joy and Austin knew each other since she was 15. More than likely, the Forsthe's are nothing more than fame-whores like the rest of them. 

I think this is mostly being discussed in the Lonely J's thread.  You can find a link to the entire Forsyth Strictest Parents show there.

I finally watched the Jinger's Wedding episode.  As weddings go, it was in the realm of not awful, in my opinion.  Sure, I would have different choices and my children did too, but not so off the charts in the wrong direction.  I think JinJer are hot for each other.  There were a few times he started to tear up.  The dress was beautiful, she looked beautiful (good makeup and hair go a long way).  Anna looked uncomfortable in most of the shots she was in, I thought.  Derick is a nutcase.  What makes him so special that he had to sweep the supposedly unsuspecting Jill almost off her feet.  People that profess to be so much in love are working too hard.  I think Michelle is a pretty woman, clothes, shoes, and hair notwithstanding.  I thought the hair looked better than usual, but still needs a good foot whacked off.  A lot of those meds she might be on take the edge off both ways, so maybe besides her usual not a heart for children she is blunted by pharmaceuticals.   I also think it wasn't the first kiss.  They are way too comfortable with the front hugs, etc. for there to have been no practice runs.   They don't seem awkward with each other.  Jerick and Benessa had an awkwardness about them, still do sometimes.  I am certainly not a fan of JimBob for a zillion reasons, but he does seem to love the children, even though he has deprived them of a normal life, not prepared them for a normal life, and wants to remain in control.  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I had never heard this. If true, it makes me extremely sad. 

It's said because of the degree to which he very actively supports Palestinians and Palestinian rights. He's never been in any way opposed to Jews per se. That would be entirely out of character for him. But for many years, and today, he's deeply and outspokenly opposed many actions by Israel. To some people, that makes him anti-Semitic. To others, it doesn't. It's a judgment call, made according to individuals' differing political ideas about that.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know Erin, Lawson and Carlin were there, but I'm not sure if the rest if the family went.

Erin was the pianist. I only saw her in a screenshot of the processional, and then, only the side of her head. The hair, color, length, and style, was pure Erin. TLC was VERY careful not to directly show her; they showed the violin players, but never the pianist. No other Bateses were seen during the actual episode; we just know that Lawson and Carlin were there due to the pictures Marci Dauer posted. 

• Love 1

I am so confused. Michelle said, "We have four children married. Three daughters and one son and so giving another daughter away is really hard. So I have to keep reminding myself that we are gaining a son with Jeremy." WTF did I miss? Four kids married PLUS giving away Jinger. Is Jana married? Is there another daughter we don't know about? I'm confused.

• Love 1

I was thinking maybe at first she was confused and thought they were filming the bit about Joy's upcoming courtship, and counting Jinger in the already marrieds, then corrected herself with Jeremy's name as the son being added. Or she counts Anna as a daughter now.

Edited by kalamac
clarity
  • Love 1