Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: My Little Monkey

14 minutes ago, Maherjunkie said:

Dan was saying Chloe divorced him.  Didn't he do that to her and isn't that awfully quick from the last few episodes?

He divorced her, so she also divorced him.  They divorced each other.  As I recall, he made the divorce move at the end of the first or second episode this season.  This was episode 2:07.  Unless it's a silly-ass plot point it really doesn't take that long for two already separated but relatively amicable people to sign the necessary papers and get a divorce.

What were those sandwiches because they looked delicious?

Maze is a adorable and terrifying when she's happy.  I also loved that for her the icky part of "topless maid" was "maid."

• Love 13

I was so happy when Dr Linda opened the door at the end! I'm sure getting drunk with Maze is going to help her Devil/demon issue. 

Also loved Lucifer and Dan sort of bonding this week (especially when they do it in towels). I like that they can have moments of real respect but they're still content to hate each other because Lucifer being kind of a d*ck to Dan never gets old for me. 'Detective Douche' always gets a smile from me. 

• Love 11

I loved the towel scene, Dan impersonating Lucifer (BEST THING EVER!) and the Luci/Chloe hug at the end . Also, yay on Maze for getting Dr. Linda to leave her office. Seeing how sad Maze was about Dr. Linda was breaking my heart. I loved how excited Maze was in sharing her news about her new job and showing Dr. Linda her first pay check. It was adorable. Awww.

• Love 11

Well, I did not expect that to be Dan's abs, and pecs, and....!  Wowee. He may have outclassed Lucifer?!

I wonder if that was Tom Ellis doing the almost Texan talk off screen to Dan?  It was amazing.  "Dan" (Kevin Allejandro) is a really good actor from Trueblood, so I'm glad they gave him a little to work with this week.  He seems so foreign in this role to me, but is becoming so "Dan" I had to look him up to make sure I was remembering Trueblood right.

Lucifer's angst was kind of hard to take for a moment there, I was glad when he gave up his Dansformation.  That whole who he hates thing was...devastating.  Looks like the end scene will be highly significant to him and his experience of this life on earth as the heaven he prefers. **awww**

Chloe OMG was actually like, bronzed up to be in the daylight or something.  She looked better than every other episode this season.

It really tied this season up nicely and I was glad to see Linda looking a bit haggard too, like real life, and props to Maze.  Show doesn't really sugar coat things, and that's good. Above grade episode, imo!

• Love 5

In this episode: Lucifer's self-inflicted Dan-nation. Maze finds her dream job. Sandwiches are made with Hawaiian bread. Also, the entire main arc of Castle gets squeezed into one hour.

Dan's improv was fun. Interesting that Lucifer didn't get really angry until Dan made him look like he swings both ways.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

If there were still any doubts, this episode pretty much confirmed that Lauren German is being made up to look more "deadish" when they showed flashback Chloe looking fresh and without the dark circles. I'm really intrigued about where this is going.

I didn't really notice what she looked like in that scene, so I went back & rewatched it & you're right! She didn't look chalky, & there were no dark circles under her eyes at all. It was particularly noticeable when they cut from the scene in the past to current day Chloe & the circles were really visible. There must be a reason, but we're a quarter of the way through the 2nd season, & you would they would have at least hinted at it already.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandman87 said:

Also, the entire main arc of Castle gets squeezed into one hour.

I was afraid at one point that they'd go for an arc and I was sooooo relieved when the case was wrapped. Once more: Well played, writers!

I loved, loved, loved this episode.

Sometimes it's in little details. For example in the beginning, when she brushed off Lucifer, Chloe apologized and at least explained she had a lot on her mind and no time for him. I feel that most shows wouldn't have bothered because the viewer could deduce her state of mind, whereas imo it was important in universe, and also for the character of Chloe and the Lucifer/Chloe partnership.  It showed that she is a mature adult who is by no means perfect but cares about not hurting people even when her mind is elsewhere. It showed that the partnership is about respect in the most natural, hence the most believable way. And it took like ten seconds.

Lucidan or Douchifer, LOL. Yep, definitely, Lucifer dropped the Detective Douche unless he's truly mad. Again, I really love how the relationships between different characters are slowly developped. Maze and Linda was heartbreaking and heartwarming. Ella and Chloe was sweet, too. No character is shoehorned in an episode for the sake of being a regular, and this time it was Amenadiel and Mom who sit out.

Maze the bounty hunter? Bring it on! (Can Amenadiel tag along?)

Trixie scenes and Trixifer, yayyy! Same, I love how they use the character. It came to my mind that without Trixie's acceptance last week, Maze might not have been as persistant with Linda and might have given up on humans altogether.

The Chloe/Lucifer hug gave me the feels.

I enjoy this show so much, it hits all the right notes with me, please don't let this one turn into a fuming pile of turd.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 15

1 word;  Doucheifer.  Put a bow on it cuz that's a wrap.

"Wait!  What are you doing?"
*slaps his hand for a high five*
"Bye Lucifer!"

Trixie's the best.  Why can't all TV kids be more like her?

Good to see Ella again.  I still can't help but look at her and see Trixie's older sister, matching mannerisms included.

Not sure how I should take the idea that Detective Dan Douche Espinoza started an improv class to distract himself from being such a douche to Chloe and his family.  Will say this, the Lucifer impersonation was about spot on.

I like the Lucifer/Chloe dynamic, and they could work as just friends only.  But I think its a fairly safe bet that the relationship will turn romantic at some point.... after she gets over the fact that he really is Satan.

Kinda surprised Dr Linda didn't demand to see Maze's true face, but I'm guessing that will happen in time.  I'm down with those two being friends, maybe even BFFs.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I like the Lucifer/Chloe dynamic, and they could work as just friends only.  But I think its a fairly safe bet that the relationship will turn romantic at some point...

I really don't want it to. I don't feel any sizzle there, whereas there is some (dwindling) with Dan. But I don't want that, either. (Also, I never liked Kevin Alejandro, but his impersonation was a pleasant surprise as to his acting chops. I liked it.) I ALMOST would like this to do two things: primarily focus on Lucifer's divinity and his divine family issues and (very) secondarily, the female friendships, like a buddy-cop relationship. Maze and Linda. Chloe and Ella. And sometimes they can get together for a girl's night out. They're on the way there.

Aside: Linda Martin, Therapist to Divinity, specializing in citizens of hell.

• Love 9

This show!!

Totally amazing again. The whole "Dansformation" was great. The first time Luci walked onscreen in that hoodie and skinny jeans, I nearly fell off the couch. The towels were a very nice touch. Luci's accent at the Russian sauna was hysterical. Dan's impression was hilarious.

Was definitely cheering for Dr. Linda to open the door at the end. Maze needs her friends. And so does Dr. Linda at this point.

So, it's not just me who thinks Chloe looks like crap? Like they are making her up to look like crap? That red eye make-up would look good on no one! She looks like she has the plague.

• Love 5

This show reminds me of the first few seasons of Saturday Night Light (saw them on video not on TV).  You never know where its going or what its going to throw at you!  I've love to get the background on the writers and production staff of this show!

Dan doing improve as Lucifer.  Total surprised.  Cant believe the last time a TV show surprise me like that!  Had me rolling on the floor!  Never would have seen that coming.  Maybe, Dan should take clothing tips from Lucy!!  I hope we see one episodes when Dan starts to dress and talk like Lucy!

Some of the best lines (paraphrase):

Doctor:  He told me your were a demon.  But I believe that was in a sexual area!

Maze: That area also!

I like how they played Lucifer and Maze telling the doctor the truth very low keyed.  One day the Doctor going to write a fiction book(s) series about a shrink that counselors the devil and makes a mint and become famous!

Anyone notice Dan was macing on Chole from day one?!?!

How hard is it to be a licensed bounty hunter in CA??  Would the LAPD just had out jobs to anyone??  Do they do that in real life or just on TV??

Edited by gwhh
  • Love 2

Maze: Pre School Aid would have definitely been a show I'd watch. I was so happy when Linda opened the door. Hopefully next week she'll talk to Lucifer.

I do wish Amenadiel had seen Douchifer, but oh well. That was fun and good for Kevin Alejandro getting more to do. The English accent was awesome. 

From episode one it was obvious eventually there would be a story about who killed Chloe's dad (not for anything though Im kinda tired of every cop on TV who dies is in the line of duty, they can get sick like everyone else.) Im glad this was a one episode story. I think there could still be possibly something supernatural about Chloe's father that will eventually come up as some have speculated but good for them not dragging out the obligatory Chloe Faces The Killer part out.

• Love 5

It was interesting to see how Lucifer just couldn't comprehend doing something nice for someone for no reason. Luci hates himself because he hurts the people he loves but the idea of helping them seems so foreign. Whatever failings Dan has, he genuinely cares about Chloe and wanted to support her with what she was going through. Lucifer just had no clue. Even at the end, when Maze had captured the real killer, Lucifer was convinced that Chloe would want to punish the bad guy. Her choice not to (at least physically) must have been mystifying to him. Only when Chloe was leaning on him did Lucifer seem to understand what empathy was and how that can bring satisfaction and even joy. Maybe now Luci is beginning to understand Dad's affection for humans.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, FinnishViewer said:

I'm not sure I quite understood why the warden arranged to kill Chloe's father. It seemed they just hand waved it, that he was getting too close with some investigation. Or was there some exposition I missed?

No, it was all unless I missed something too. It's about my only nitpick, the investigation wrapped up a bit too fast. On the other hand there isn't one minute of any other scene that I'd have sacrificed for more investigation so in the end, I'm not complaining.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 5

Now I bet they use that as Chloe's plot point for at least half of the remaining season, if not all of it -- she will put all her efforts into solving her dad's last case.

I was much too entertained for my own good by the self-coined term "Douchefer."

I was intrigued by Luci's blowing off Maze when he came to the apartment. "Oh. It's you."  Then he refused to acknowledge her the rest of the time he was there on that visit.

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, dippydee said:

I was so happy when Dr Linda opened the door at the end! I'm sure getting drunk with Maze is going to help her Devil/demon issue. 

Also loved Lucifer and Dan sort of bonding this week (especially when they do it in towels). I like that they can have moments of real respect but they're still content to hate each other because Lucifer being kind of a d*ck to Dan never gets old for me. 'Detective Douche' always gets a smile from me. 

Now we can add "Doucheifer" to the douche references.  That was the line of the night for me.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Maybe she is supposed to die and it's just been delayed, hence the slow decay, and Lucifer and now Maze are going to continue to try to save this woman they have grown to (gasp!) care about before it's too late?

Oh, that would be fascinating. Like, would keeping her here make her slowly get worse, but they think they are doing the right thing, but are really being selfish because she was meant to die and it is hurting her to still be here, and screwing up the timeline, meaning others have to die in her place to right things? So much potential. But more likely she's just the human Luci falls for (if their eye locking look (devoid of any chemistry I could see, though man did they try) during the hug scene is any indication).

• Love 2

Great episode.  I love the idea of allowing Luci to experience a more "human" form through his use of Dan as an example of empathy.  And, I don't think I imagined this, but when Luci is trailing Dan toward his improv class, Tom Ellis adds a little bounce/jiggle to his walk to be more like Dan.  Tom Ellis has a Dan walk.  I love this guy in this role.

C'mon out of the office, Dr. Linda!!  Show us all how it's done, seeing divinity as human and vice versa.

• Love 7

The scars on Lucifer's back reminded me that I never was convinced he destroyed his actual wings and not the fake ones in that episode. 

Douchifer was a treat, loved his american accent and Dan's improv was great. 

• Love 3

Kinda surprised Dr Linda didn't demand to see Maze's true face, but I'm guessing that will happen in time.  I'm down with those two being friends, maybe even BFFs.

I suspect that Dr. Linda doesn't really want to see Maze's true face, at least for a while, so that she can get back to the friendship they were establishing. She's had a major jolt to her world view, so she might want to avoid a reminder for now.

• Love 6

I think Chloe's eyes is some analogy to Anakin Skywalker - a star wars character - who was looking more and more like that while he was becoming darker and more evil. They did the same thing in OUPT when Emma was becoming evil. If you look back - Chloe in the first episodes had a little bit red eyes and now more and more... Maybe she's not that innocent or maybe she's loosing her innocence - the dark and evil and 'hellish' world consumes her.. Or smth like that :)

1 hour ago, Zipper said:

Great episode.  I love the idea of allowing Luci to experience a more "human" form through his use of Dan as an example of empathy.  And, I don't think I imagined this, but when Luci is trailing Dan toward his improv class, Tom Ellis adds a little bounce/jiggle to his walk to be more like Dan.  Tom Ellis has a Dan walk.  I love this guy in this role.

Yes! I burst out laughing when I noticed it and rewound my PVR to watch it again. It was marvelous.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, patchwork said:

The scars on Lucifer's back reminded me that I never was convinced he destroyed his actual wings and not the fake ones in that episode. 

But Henderson confirmed that it were the real ones. Not that they couldn't change it if they wanted to but Maze had the feather which healed Amenadiel. I think that's more or less proof that those were the real ones. Lucifer would still have the scars though.

What bothered me a little bit was that they were right there for everyone to see and no one reacted to them. I think as a thug you'd kind of wonder what kind of a fight someone with that kind of scars had gotten into and who it is who's sanding before you and I think Dan would wonder what that was all about, too. I get that it didn't fit into the scene, still I would have liked to see at least a reaction.

3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

I heartily approved of Lucifer in a towel (and Dan too, who woulda thunk it?) but I also toast the Continuity Fairy for the wing scars on Lucifer's back.

While I certainly didn't mind to see either Lucifer or Dan in a towel, the scene didn't quite work for me because it felt a bit awkward for them to have this discussion standing there in a towel which, in theory, could have slipped down at any second. I found that distracting.

6 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

I'm not sure I quite understood why the warden arranged to kill Chloe's father. It seemed they just hand waved it, that he was getting too close with some investigation. Or was there some exposition I missed?

Good point. I forgot that they forgot to address that but I remember thinking that Chloe's father was investigating the warden. I can't remember what for though.

7 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

It was interesting to see how Lucifer just couldn't comprehend doing something nice for someone for no reason. Luci hates himself because he hurts the people he loves but the idea of helping them seems so foreign. Whatever failings Dan has, he genuinely cares about Chloe and wanted to support her with what she was going through. Lucifer just had no clue.

I had a different take away - I think Lucifer understands the concept, he just doesn't know how to do it. Or he thinks he doesn't know how to do it because he only sees his bad side. Yes, sure, he's got his selfish trades (don't we all) but he was the Lord of Hell for millennia. He didn't really have any contact with anyone other than his demons, it seems. So, naturally his social skills would be lacking. Add to that that all celestial beings on the show have, apparently, trouble with what humanity is all about anyway.

But back on topic - I think that Lucifer is still struggling with his devil-self. In S1 he was upset that he was blamed for everything evil, he was also upset for Dad putting him into that position. But I think that Dad put him there made him question whether he really was evil and if he deserved to be perceived as evil and to have been put in Hell and because of that, I think that each time he does something bad, he latches on to that and he doesn't see the good he does. Because he is helpful and he does have his heart in the right place. I just don't think he sees it and he was trying to be someone else who he thinks is a better man than he is. Which, I think, isn't the case. But humans know how to deal with all of the emotions, Lucifer doesn't.

7 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Even at the end, when Maze had captured the real killer, Lucifer was convinced that Chloe would want to punish the bad guy.

I absolutely loved that scene - Lucifer being all proud and praising Maze just like the good old times and both Lucifer and Maze getting excited that the guy was going to be punished.

BUT Lucifer forgot to point out to Chloe that death wouldn't actually punish the guy. His recent expierence with Dr Linda or not, Lucifer has been all about "no one gets punished when they die because I'm on earth and they won't be" during S1. He obviously felt the guy deserved punishment, so I think he should have been against shooting the guy and Maze should have as well as they both knew that that wouldn't be punishment.

Loved Lucifer and Dan teaming up, didn't much care for the case. When the warden brought the files to Chloe, I started to wonder if he wasn't the real killer. Also, how often have those outside clocks beneath advertisements along the wrong been wrong? Chloe should at least have had a professional take a look at the video to confirm the time before drawing any conclusions about guilt or innocence.

But Dan and Lucifer - priceless. I much prefer Lucifer in a suit and the dark suit with the dark shirt's still my favorite, but this whole concept was awesome. Wouldn't mind if they teamed up again especially since it means that Lucifer can challenge anyone he likes to challenge. Coming of the big reveal with Dr Linda he probably wouldn't have this time around, but maybe they can team up Lucifer and Dan again in the near future.

I was a bit torn with the episode, felt very first season-ish, before Amenadiel started to play a bigger role and I liked that but I also like Amenadiel and the family story. Didn't necessarily miss Mom though.

I do like that both Lucifer and Maze sort of work for the justice system/to bring justice because it's what they like doing/what feels right to them. I guess that shows us/them that they're not as bad as they think they are. Or as Lucifer thinks.

And I agree that there's no real sizzle between Lucifer and Chloe but that there is between Chloe and Dan. I think Lucifer and Chloe work great as friends though. I wouldn't mind if Dan and Chloe got back together. That would be something different and I like them together.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

And I agree that there's no real sizzle between Lucifer and Chloe but that there is between Chloe and Dan. I think Lucifer and Chloe work great as friends though. I wouldn't mind if Dan and Chloe got back together. That would be something different and I like them together.

And I agree with all of that. I think it would be rather refreshing to see a couple who were once very much in love, went through a bad time and got divorced actually do the work to try again. I know that Dan screwed up big time, but I do think he truly cares for Chloe and definitely for Trixie. I think he regrets what he did too. What I would love is for Luci to have a more big brotherly affection for Chloe and become Dan's biggest support, urging her to give him a second chance. I will just be so disappointed if they go down the worn down, trampled to death path of the two leads falling for each other. I personally hope Luci doesn't end up with some mortal. He's an angel for gods sake! He doesn't need some deep love story. Not every show needs it's lead to have some epic love. I like him as a playboy.

• Love 6

So the only piece of evidence against the prison official is that his fingerprints are on the inside of the prisoner transport vehicle (which btw looked suspiciously like a painted over ambulance). The prestigious law degree that I got from the University of Watching Law & Order Episodes tells me that the case against the warden is extremely weak. Jack McCoy would not approve.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

And I agree with all of that. I think it would be rather refreshing to see a couple who were once very much in love, went through a bad time and got divorced actually do the work to try again. I know that Dan screwed up big time, but I do think he truly cares for Chloe and definitely for Trixie. I think he regrets what he did too. What I would love is for Luci to have a more big brotherly affection for Chloe and become Dan's biggest support, urging her to give him a second chance.

I've had that hope since the show started, more or less. That Lucifer helps them realize how much they still love each other/that this is kind of another thing that he does. (Unintentially at first, then maybe intentionally) After all, while he's the devil, he's the lightbringer, too, and I thought/think it would be fitting if he helped humans in that regard and I thought/think it would be nice if that was part of the plan Dad has for him. Doubt they'll go down that road though.

I will just be so disappointed if they go down the worn down, trampled to death path of the two leads falling for each other. I personally hope Luci doesn't end up with some mortal. He's an angel for gods sake! He doesn't need some deep love story. Not every show needs it's lead to have some epic love. I like him as a playboy.

This! A million times!

Edited by CheshireCat
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CheshireCat said:

After all, while he's the devil, he's the lightbringer, too, and I thought/think it would be fitting if he helped humans in that regard and I thought/think it would be nice if that was part of the plan Dad has for him.

Oh, I like that angle. Like, it will be the first step in his moving back to his more angelic side, which does seem to be his story arc, getting away from the evil demon he sees himself as. It could prove to be interesting. I'm just worried about that longing look they tried to share this ep. I hope it's a red herring and they manage to surprise us with something different.

• Love 3

With all the talk of God's plan for Lucifer, it just occurred to me: God is generally seen to be a nudger, suggester, and hinter rather than a commander, so as to protect free will. Lucifer has no capacity for nuance whatsoever and he commanded hell. Amenadiel doesn't get hints, either. Nor does Mom (Mom needs to go away, that is not a hint). NONE of them have an ounce of subtlety to their names.

So if God has a plan for Lucifer, he can throw all the hints at Lucifer he wants, but Lucifer has to grow enough, mature enough as a human, to catch them. Then he sees the light he's supposed to bring. But before he can do that, he has to be socialized (e.g., his Dansformation). Meanwhile, God keeps his hand out, hinting and nudging, and will continue to do so until Luci gets a clue.

Dear Showrunners: Get rid of Mom. Please.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Mojeaux said:

With all the talk of God's plan for Lucifer, it just occurred to me: God is generally seen to be a nudger, suggester, and hinter rather than a commander, so as to protect free will. Lucifer has no capacity for nuance whatsoever and he commanded hell. Amenadiel doesn't get hints, either. Nor does Mom (Mom needs to go away, that is not a hint). NONE of them have an ounce of subtlety to their names.

So if God has a plan for Lucifer, he can throw all the hints at Lucifer he wants, but Lucifer has to grow enough, mature enough as a human, to catch them. Then he sees the light he's supposed to bring. But before he can do that, he has to be socialized (e.g., his Dansformation). Meanwhile, God keeps his hand out, hinting and nudging, and will continue to do so until Luci gets a clue.

I think Lucifer is too angry at Dad to see any nuances. When you're angry at someone you tend to not see anything but the big picture.

• Love 3

Well, after last week's more serious episode, they sure got back to bringing the laughs in this one.  I thought Lucifer trying to become one with The Douche was the most hilarious idea ever, but then we find out that Dan has been doing improv since the divorce, and does a dead on Lucifer impression!  Ha!  I loved it.  And I really like how Lucifer and Dan play off one another.  Sure, they're another variation of two guys who get on each others' nerves but are forced to work together, but I think the writing and Tom Ellis and Kevin Alejandro's interactions make it more fun and not annoying compared to less successful ones in other shows.  While I don't want them to be drinking buddies or anything, I like them maybe slowly forming a respect between one another.  As long as they is plenty of snark still left!

Going back into what happened to Chloe's dad was an interesting story.  I did call it early on thanks to Alex Fernandez as the Warden.  Even though I knew Charles Halford (Boris) the best from Constantine and whatnot, Alex is still one of those character actors who is in a lot of things (including Killer Women with "Mom" a.k.a. Tricia Helfer!), so I figured he would factor in more then being a mere warden.  It sounds like it was basically a case of her dad stumbling upon some kind of big corruption thing.  Not surprised Chloe refrained herself from beating the shit or shooting him, but I don't blame her for considering it.

Maeve as a bounty hunter is the perfect choice, although the idea of her teaching pre-school is something that just makes me laugh.  I'm glad Linda finally open back up to her.  Aww, Maeve really likes her!

Always glad when Trixie shows up and freaks Lucifer out!

Ella's scene with Chloe was nice.

Really fun episode for what is really a fun season so far.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Rambler said:

So the only piece of evidence against the prison official is that his fingerprints are on the inside of the prisoner transport vehicle (which btw looked suspiciously like a painted over ambulance). The prestigious law degree that I got from the University of Watching Law & Order Episodes tells me that the case against the warden is extremely weak. Jack McCoy would not approve.

Which is why it was extremely idiotic of him to basically confess in the living room.

• Love 2

I just wish they would write a scene where Dan and Lucifer bro up by watching one of those movies together that they both admired a couple of episodes ago (Body Count?). 

I gave up fretting about all the many many legal problems with the cases in this series a long time ago.  It would make me crazy.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Which is why it was extremely idiotic of him to basically confess in the living room.

Well in his defense, he was being tortured by Chloe at the time. There aren’t many people that can withstand the pain of a piece of duct tape being ripped from their mouths, and him with a full set of whiskers to boot. That’s why this particular method of torture was banned by the Geneva Convention back in '82 :D

• Love 4

The last we saw Luci, he was a total wreck.  Next time we see him, the next day, he is upbeat and cheery at first sight.  The weight of what he did to Linda was still super heavy on him, too.  Why, it's as if nothing happened!

I do give the show credit for showing us the terrified Linda in pure survivor mode.  That is who she would remain so long as the denizens from Hell had close and easy access to her.  Then again, she may understand implicitly there really is no escaping her fate:  Whatever they decide for her is what will ultimately happen.  Hmmm.   She is living a Hell on earth.  Way to go, Luci.

I love, love, love the concept of Maze the bounty huntress.  I hate, hate, hate that she is being shown to be vulnerable and needy.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I love, love, love the concept of Maze the bounty huntress.  I hate, hate, hate that she is being shown to be vulnerable and needy.  

I think it goes hand in hand with her character. Yes, she is a demon, but she spent her whole very VERY long life in servitude to Lucifer. Now suddenly he's not her boss, but she doesn't know how to be herself without the framework of Lucifer. It's pretty normal that she would cling to another framework to try to re-define herself.

• Love 7

I am loving Maze's story, probably the most out of all. Because in many ways she is like a little child who was held in captivity for so long. She doesn't know how to connect to people and here is this woman who was nice to her, listened to her, was friends with her. She would not want to loose that. With Luci all "oh, it's you!" to her, and Amendial lost in his own downward spiral, she needs Linda. Linda, it seems, was quite literally her very first friend.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

The last we saw Luci, he was a total wreck.  Next time we see him, the next day, he is upbeat and cheery at first sight.  The weight of what he did to Linda was still super heavy on him, too.  Why, it's as if nothing happened!

This made little sense to me, too.  I get that he could put his misery aside to help Chloe in her misery, but we should have seen that.

• Love 1

Oh, I am all there for Maz Smith: Bounty Hunter! I just love Maz, both as a scary demon and as a vulnerable demon. And I am really glad she and Dr. Linda are going to stay friends. Hopefully Lucifer and Dr. Linda can make up soon. I would really miss their therapy sessions! And Dr. Linda would have to take "Dr. Linda, Hell`s therapist" off her business cards! 

What? You mean a main characters dead cop parent wasn't killed in a random shoot up gone wrong? You mean it was actually to cover up some assholes evil doing? Who could have possibly foreseen this?!?! This episode had a bit of a season 1 feel, but the better half of season 1. Sadly, Chloe is still my least favorite character, and I dont think she and Lucifer have any romantic chemistry. I like her more than last season, as the actress has loosened up a bit, and they've given her a bit more to do than roll her eyes at Lucifer, but she is still kind of a cliche female cop type, complete with dead cop parent and adorable kid (granted, its an actually adorable kid, not an annoying adorable kid). 

I really like Lucifer and Dan hanging out, especially the revelation that Dan blows off steam by doing Lucifer impressions at a low rent improve class! Honestly, Dan and Lucifer have way more romantic chemistry than Lucifer and Chloe. In fact, so do Dan and Chloe, Maz and Chloe, Maz and Lucifer... 

• Love 4