Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

4 minutes ago, lyric said:

Smugness?  Speaking only for myself, I had CONFIDENCE that the majority of our country wasn't bigoted, misogynistic, hateful bullies. It appears I could've been very, very wrong.

12 million likes. I weep for our country . 

• Love 5

I have no idea what was going on with my post. I didn't intentionally quote you irisheyes.

I am so disgusted by what is happening. I cannot believe the amount of homophobic, xenophobic, bigots in this country. I was optimistic there was going to be a revolt against the right but it looks like there's a revolt happening against progress.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She's taken the lead in VA!

It's not enough.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 

She needs to not just win VA, but like... Florida on TOP of that to make up for WI and MI.

Its not happening.

1 minute ago, clb1016 said:

How has he managed to do this with a disorganized campaign, amateurish ads and no ground game?

We live among racists, misogynists, and anti-semites?  Oh, and they hate LGBT too

• Love 7
Just now, clb1016 said:

How has he managed to do this with a disorganized campaign, amateurish ads and no ground game?

Because people were angry.  Plus all the xenophobic hateful crap.  Same thing as Brexit.  They didn't care or know if they were voting against their economic interest.  They were mad with the establishment and just wanted to stick it to them.

I saw an exit poll that said 70% of people were not angry with the federal government.  This may be the result of that. 

Who are you, blonde MSNBC woman?  I TRUSTED you this morning when you were saying you were hesitant to call it a "landslide" for Hillary, and the Senate would be maybe only 51 GOP, if that.

(Still haven't moved my feet.) 

Just saw someone on Twitter who, earlier today, bragged that she wrote in Bernie, asking "how did we let this happen?"  I responded "People smugly casting protest votes because they assumed it was in the bag?" 

• Love 15
Just now, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Why wouldn't it matter? Did I miss something and she lose FL, NC, PA, NV, AZ, etc? It's way too early for doomsday proclamations!

NV isn't enough to count short of some other impossible combo.

Florida is 95% counted.
NC says only 66% so that could change a lot I guess.
PA says 36% but that's counted for Clinton so far, so if that changed it would likely be in the "wrong" direction.

NC? Florida? NH AND Virginia???  If she loses any rust belt states, I'll start to cry.

And, I'm sorry. Even with lousy media and poor working class messaging from Democrats, this just doesn't add up. Nearly ALL the polls are WAY off?  One candidate has excellent data and a skillful GOTV ground game and the other flies around in a 757 and holds rallies (of course, with the simple message of lies and "global conspiracy")?

If Trumpkins can say it's rigged, I can wonder, too. At least in Fl. and Ohio where there are Rep. governors and a history of cheating in presidential elections. I can't help but wonder if we'll hear about things in a day or two, major irregularities of ballot handling or early vote counting. Something.

It's still early. This just can't be.  A majority of Americans really can't be this gullible, vindictive and stupid.....Can they?

• Love 5

Florida voted down the Solar Amendment that was written by 4 energy companies. The ballot language was ambiguous and had been challenged. It rewrote law already on the books and gave the consumer no benefit.

And Florida passed medical marijuana by a large (app. 75 to 25) percentage.

Little Marco is in.

5 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It's not enough.

Sorry to burst your bubble. 

She needs to not just win VA, but like... Florida on TOP of that to make up for WI and MI.

Its not happening.

She lost Wisconsin and Michigan? For real? (I stopped watching 1/2 hour ago. They hadn't decided yet.)  Because, if so, I agree with you, probably, he's running the table and it's game over.

I was afraid that there would be many closet Trump voters.

I thought the increase in turnout of Hispanics would come out in favor of Hillary, and were they not enough to offset the working class white vote?

I thought demographics meant Dems likely had it in the bag since the beginning.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

NV isn't enough to count short of some other impossible combo.

Florida is 95% counted.
NC says only 66% so that could change a lot I guess.
PA says 36% but that's counted for Clinton so far, so if that changed it would likely be in the "wrong" direction.

Why would it likely be in the wrong direction? It looks like you already counted out Wisconsin and it looks like it's not fully been counted up yet. To me it seems like you've just given up and are assuming the worst.

• Love 4
Just now, Dancingjaneway said:

It's going to be a ROUGH 4 years folks. Let's hope they go fast and aren't as horrible as I am imagining them to be. She put up one hell of a fight though. 

This country survived Jim Crow, lynchings, the Great Depression and other bad things, we'll get through a Trump presidency.

• Love 2

I'm sorry Michelle but I am not as lovely and gracious as you are.  I am a vindictive, petty loser so if this shit goes wheels up I will not be going high.  I will be bitter and will not ever be respectful to an orange demon who doesn't give a shit about me.

• Love 10