Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

5 minutes ago, AmandaPanda said:

Yeah, Culver's is all over the Midwest. I worked in a frozen custard shop in Missouri. We had to memorize the differences for when people would ask. Frozen custard is served at a warmer temperature. It has less air whipped into it and it has a higher percentage of butter fat. It just irritates me when people call frozen custard ice cream. [/offtopicrant]

I lived in St. Louis for a few years before being transferred to London, but we always went to Ted Drewes for Custard. Their Apple Pie Custard was great! I've missed that as well as Imo's Pizza...

I liked seeing Claire on earlier tonight - I met her in person when she visited a coffee shop in the Central West End where I lived in St. Louis, and my British husband was absolutely obsessed with American politics so he had to make sure we went to go see her as we lived just 2 blocks from there. She was quite nice and very personable and made it a point to speak with everyone there.

3 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

So which of our allies do you think will ditch us first? I'm thinking the Middle Eastern ones will say it's been real and jump ship, the we'll lose all our intelligence in the area, which will just be great, then I'm sure Europe will check out, they have Russia looming over them, they don't need to be besties with Putin's bitch.

A lot of the Asian/Pacific ones, but also most of Central and South America.

Also, lets be honest.... Europe.  The newly radicalized UK will stay aligned with us, but they're fucked too.

Just now, meowmommy said:

Not with a Repub House and Senate.

Yeah, that's not changing. It looks like they're likely holding both of those (so even if Hillary won she'd be crippled as bad as Obama was). A few temporary gains in seats but that was in the East so it's likely to go the other way as states going West are counted.

I often joke around and call Obama "Barry" but it is with all of the affection, love and respect that I could possibly have for one person.  In fact I said to the hubs tonight that Michelle can stay in DC so Sasha can finish school and President Obama can come live with us so I can hang out with him forever.

If HRC does not prevail?  All bets are off!  I spent four years calling HW Georgie Porgie and then eight years saying Porgie The Younger (told you I was vindictive.  I really did love Al Gore even though I wasn't even old enough to vote for him the first go 'round).  I'm going to work on my extensive vocabulary to think of even more colorful insults because saying President Drumpf is not going to come off these lips again.  And what the hell, my ideals will probably send me right to jail under that regime anyways.

• Love 7

HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!?!?! HOW?!  I have friends over, and I've literally been screaming, "OMG!!! HOW IS THIS HAPPENING??!?" for the last two hours. Sweet baby, Jesus. We are through the fucking looking glass. 

Goodbye same sex marriage. Goodbye Obamacare. Goodbye 401K. Goodbye abortion rights. Goodbye EVERY FUCKING THING. 

I don't wanna start getting crazy here, but let's remember no matter what happens that we need to look out for each other. None of this "First they came for the Communists" stuff, agreed?

</3

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It looks like the following has to happen:

Clinton has to hold MI... or... 

If she loses MI then she has to win one of the following combos:

NH + NC + VA  
NH + FL
FL+NC
FL + VA
FL + NV
NV + NC + VA

Since none of those are at all likely, I guess you're saying, she HAS to win Michigan.

• Love 1
Just now, bref said:

I don't wanna start getting crazy here, but let's remember no matter what happens that we need to look out for each other. None of this "First they came for the Communists" stuff, agreed?

</3

Agreed. We need to stand strong. Whatever that will mean in Drumpfmerica

• Love 2
Just now, mojoween said:

I often joke around and call Obama "Barry" but it is with all of the affection, love and respect that I could possibly have for one person.  In fact I said to the hubs tonight that Michelle can stay in DC so Sasha can finish school and President Obama can come live with us so I can hang out with him forever.

I actually met him when he was running for the Senate. He came to my college for a meet the candidates thing and he and I ended up outside for a smoke break at the same time. He asked for a light and we spent about half an hour chatting about books and music. Then, he found out that I had been part of the group that had set up for the event early that morning and hadn't eaten yet, so he bought me lunch. Awesome guy.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I've already deactivated my Facebook, I know too many Trump supporters, I don't see them a lot in real life but frankly, I'm just not in the mood for anybody so it's better to just let it go.

I'm starting to get nervous about even having critical posts about him on this site.. except.. he's got SO many other targets I'm insignificant.

Not sure how I'm going to get to sleep tonight (or not be a mess for work in the morning).

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Stupid Florida. I will never willingly visit you. 

I have a sister in Florida and she voted Trump, I think I'll disown her.

The Dow futures are down 600 points now

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, madmaverick said:

If Hillary wins the popular vote but loses the electoral college....

Probably won't go down that way. He's winning this big for a reason (even if it makes most of us sick here apparently). 

538 just posted...

snake-1035pm.png?quality=90&strip=all&w=

4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Yep.  When I saw that tweet, I had to go back and look at her time line like "it was her I saw bragging about her write in vote earlier, right??"  Yep, it was.  People have amazing levels of cognitive dissonance.  

I thought you were really restrained with your response.  I don't do Twitter--is it possible to grab both of her tweets and show them to Twitterworld as a set?  She'd probably get shot down by flamethrowers, which would be okay by me.

I think the soothsayers here are right and maybe the numbers are happening the way they have to happen and the late return urban results are going to turn everything around.

Oh.  There's Ohio.  Okay, well the hairs just stood up on the back on my neck.

But STILL, the last time I was in despair about a vote, there was a puppymill proposal that just gave a tiny little bit of relief from the torture those dogs go through for years.  Seemed like such an obvious "Yes," a no-brainer.  When I went to sleep that night, the proposal had lost and I was crying (I am NOT a crier) that people in this state were such assholes to care SO little about animal suffering.  But when I woke up in the morning, the three urban center results had come in late and pulled out the win.

It's too soon to cry.

And there's Colorado for Hillary.  Those last hundred EC's for Trump are going to come a lot harder than the first ones.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spacecow said:

Rachael Maddow looks like she's about to cry, I want to hug her

1 minute ago, Pixel said:

I'm impressed at Rachel Maddow keeping her cool. 

She can afford to move to Canada or Europe. 

Most of us can't!!!

• Love 7

Is this thing lost to us?  Is there any hope?  I'm so mentally frantic I cannot think straight.  MSNBC is making me think this thing is over.  I can't make sense of what's happening; it's like a death in the family and there's nothing you can do to make it right again.

• Love 2
Just now, candall said:

And there's Colorado for Hillary.  Those last hundred EC's for Trump are going to come a lot harder than the first ones.

Colorado was always calculated in her column though.

• Love 1

I don't give up unto the very end, but the one bit of comfort I have, if Trump does win and sends this country into the worst depression and social crisis we've ever known, I can tell me right wing relatives so STFU, it's all their fault.

No, it's not much comfort, but they won't be a to blame one little thing on the Democrats, and I'll be the one bitching about our divisive leadership for a change.

• Love 11