Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

I feel sick to my stomach.  Going to bed.  Saying tons of prayers.  

Just played with 270 to win.  If she gets VA, MI, NH = 270.  Please, God.  That's with PA I think (plus NY, CA, and the other sure wins).

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scout305 said:

I'm not worried about Ohio or even Florida as long as we win PA and VA!!!!  The firewall HAS to hold up. That is the key

PA is assumed for Clinton I think.

Of the other three (Ohio, Florida and Virginia) she only needs any ONE of them (or alternately NC or AZ, I believe).

The problem so far is that DumpTruck is leading in ALL of those so far. Then again, if she only has to win ONE of them...

My friend said there are 3 hour lines at the polls in UT. I'm more anxious about FL flip flopping and currently pissed the fuck off at Gary Johnson and Jill Stein for attempting to be third party. I will blame them and their supporters if Trump wins.

• Love 5

One thing is CERTAIN.

Nobody is going to give a concession speech tonight.

If Clinton wins, it will because she won a battleground state (and maybe only a single one).

If Trump wins, it will be because he denied her even one of those.

Either way, it's going to come down to a small number of votes in a single state somewhere.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NextIteration said:

That's what happens - Minnesota embraces third parties - and guess how Michele Bachmann kept winning?

I thought it was because of the flower shops - which I always used to love going to when I grew up in MN, and still like to go to when I go back to visit my family.  :-) 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

My friend said there are 3 hour lines at the polls in UT. I'm more anxious about FL flip flopping and currently pissed the fuck off at Gary Johnson and Jill Stein for attempting to be third party. I will blame them and their supporters if Trump wins.

Two words.

North Carolina.

Don't just be mad. Be FURIOUS.

Oqi9M3.jpg

Literally that's the election there (given how Trump seems to be leading in every swing state). But NC would have been enough. If Johnson's voters weren't skewing it.

Fucking protest voters.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
Just now, kittykat said:

Dear Canada,

We're only 150 miles south of you, annex us.

Love,

the city of Seattle (and whoever else wants in)

Canada will start building a wall tomorrow to keep all of us out.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

How can this be happening??

How could any thinking person watch this campaign and vote Trump?

How??

I keep telling myself she only needs one swing state (even Arizona).

Then I see he's leading by 2 or 3% in every fucking one of them.

I am too poor to arrange to move to another country. Even Canada!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, muessigkeit said:

Since you guys are all so frustrated by Florida's flip flopping might I suggest an exchange with Bavaria? Bavarians are ultra conservative nitwits but at least they're very consistent about it. Think about the offer; no need to hurry. As long as the deal's done before our general elections next September we're good.

Eh, my Prussian grandfather used to say that all Bavarians are good for is drinking beer.

• Love 1
Just now, Dancingjaneway said:

I can't believe Donald Trump is going to be our fucking president. 

It's too early to say "will". But this is looking like a fucking worst case. A miracle in ONE state. That's all we need. 

I just don't get Ohio. As hard up as they are, Trump represents the very opposite of the ethos of most of that state.

• Love 1

Well, got home from voting &  grocery shopping about 15 minutes ago. Not very happy right now. I did enjoy getting the cops to bust these two people handing out flyers for some fearmongering republican for congress, only 40 feet from the polling place.

And now the drinking will commence.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HumblePi said:

I think we should divide the country in half horizontally and let Donald have the South and Hillary the North. It'll be something like Game of Thrones.

Oh, yay. A world like that of Game of Thrones. Like that's any...never mind, that actually looks way better at this point.

• Love 5

The pity of it is after all of the bluster over how Donald wouldn't concede, we may well wind up with a situation where Hillary has to contest results in a state or two. The cries of "hypocrite" may be loud.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lyric said:

Guys, is there any chance we're panicking too soon - can she win this?  Anyone?

She has to win ONE swing state.

But the results so far are ALL several percent in each for DumpTruck.

It only takes one miracle. But they seem a bit thin on the ground now.

• Love 2

I understand that it's depressing that it's so close, but it's not like HRC has already lost? In fact, no state has been called for Trump yet that he wasn't projected to win anyway.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I can't believe Donald Trump is going to be our fucking president. 

Steven Schmidt said on MSNBC that this is the rural white populace taking their vengeance on the elitist, Urban, educated class that has treated them with derision and condescension for so long.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

NYT Upshot just dropped the odds of an HRC win from 85% to 59%.

They just recalced it to Trump.

It's only 4. But it's enough that it would take the Arizona option off the table (Hillary winning via Arizona).

• Love 1